Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2016 12:36 PM

Jan 2015
I didn't know in which section to post this so I'll just post it here:

Will there be a third season of Gakusen Toshi no Asterisk? Has it been announced anywhere?

I find it has so much potencial...

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
ArdanazJun 26, 2016 1:34 PM
Jun 26, 2016 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
I doubt it will get a 3rd season any time soon, OP.

If you enjoyed Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, then you may also enjoy Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. They're pretty similar.

Jun 26, 2016 12:49 PM

May 2015
The second season wasn't really a second season. The show was confirmed for 24 episodes, and they aired it with a seasonal break.

And no there's been no announcement for a third season. I don't think it sold particularly well as an anime, and probably was made to make the LN sales increase. Now the publisher is moving on to other stuff.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 26, 2016 12:50 PM

Jun 2012
I guess not. Even in the light novel, the tournament is still not finish...
Jun 26, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
Well it did well enough to make AniplexUSA think it's going to sell well enough here to give it an English dub, so maybe...

http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-04/aniplex-offers-the-asterisk-war-season-1-on-english-dubbed-blu-ray/.102868
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jun 26, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
@ popoklemos
Simply put, everyone have their own tastes and you can't simply be like "if you have actually a good taste in anime" because that's insulting. You also can't someone's else opinions that is similar to your own to validate your point. You like what you like and other people like what they like.

In the end though, both series have its own strong points and weak points. Personally for me at least, I enjoyed the world-building aspect of Gakusen more more than Rakudai Kishi no Calvary. To me, world-building is an important aspect to me and thus I lean more towards Gakusen than Rakudai. Just like you, you prefer a clear romance and thus you prefer Rakudai. What happen if the viewer prefers "cliche" harem situations of Gakusen? They would lean more towards Gakusen than Rakudai. It's all on what the viewer wants to see out of the show.

Anyway, about Ayato's lack of interest in his sister "plothole" or lack of emphasis, it was stated from the beginning by he himself that he came to this city and school not to look for his sister. It's an important goal but it does not have priority. This explains why there is very little focus on that part of the story and only bits of here and there are slowly revealed as the story progresses. But it shows that even though it's not his priority, it does not mean he gets away from it. Even though he's not exactly involved in the whole incident about his sister, all the events that happened around him that put him in motion is specifically because he's related to his sister. I think he wanted a peaceful school life while looking for his sister but once people knew who his sister is, there's no way he's getting a peaceful school life haha.

As for a third season. It's really iffy at the moment. It seems to do ok, not good but not bad either. Also that ending scene
so it does make it seem less likely for a third season. Perhaps there's more of a chance for OVAs than a whole new season.
EnternalJun 26, 2016 5:23 PM
Jun 26, 2016 1:37 PM

Aug 2014
Jun 28, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2013
Kruszer said:
Well it did well enough to make AniplexUSA think it's going to sell well enough here to give it an English dub, so maybe...

http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-04/aniplex-offers-the-asterisk-war-season-1-on-english-dubbed-blu-ray/.102868

I don't watch dub anymore but it sounds solid, hope it succeds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPf0SNpTjng
Oct 3, 2016 5:08 PM
Jul 2015
I found this site while trying to dig some information about season 3: http://asterisk-war.com/3rdfesta/

But my japanese is very poor so not really sure.
Oct 15, 2016 2:31 AM
Aug 2016
I need a season 3 in my life even if it's sole purpose is to develop sylvia some more.
Jan 1, 2017 5:55 PM

Jan 2016
A bit late ,but still wanted to reply :D

Usually this kind of animes are rarealy getting second season while this one has.
The way it works is:
1st season:Wuah its kinda good
2nd season:Wuah bud i wanna know more!
3rd season:soz bud, no more seasons

My hopes are literally close to 0 that it will get another season,but who knows miracle might happen.

P.S Hoping a lot for 3rd season

Those who forgive themselves,and are able to accept their true nature... they are the strong ones.
Feb 14, 2017 10:25 PM
Apr 2012
Hi can any one tell me if there is going to be a season 3 of this anime ,I watch a lot of anime through the years and I have to say I give this a masterpiece is everything.
Not only is this a great story but the first season makes beg for a second season and as you have give the second please give the third. I am looking forward to see the next big Fiesta fight and the opens look really mind blowing and also to findout about the position of the stars sister makes it more interesting.
So please keep it going
Feb 14, 2017 10:27 PM

May 2015
why would you ever want that
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Feb 14, 2017 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
Malarkey said:
why would you ever want that

Because people like it? Even myself despite knowing the show is quite generic, to some degree it was enjoyable imo.

Just simply saying it.
Apr 29, 2017 11:17 AM

Apr 2017
I hope for season 3.

I enjoyed this series and I think it is better than some other titles that made more seasons.
I agree most anime makes one or two seasons unless its super popular but some animes made 3 or more seasons and weren't absolute hits.

The story is open for development. New tournament and the situation of Julis' country, the possible marriage and a lot other storylines.
Even if sales are not the highest this series has its fans and should be i some way concluded, if not more, than third season should at least sumarise the story because now it is just unfinnished and broken.
Apr 30, 2017 5:15 PM
Aug 2015
I don't think that it could be possible a Third Season, because isn't that popular than others, but I hope a Third Season to see the Gryphs Festa and see more Claudia's fighting method with Pan-dora.
May 19, 2017 1:19 AM
May 2017
i hope there is a new season for this amazing anime. Gakusen Toshi Astrerisk season 3 must be air. Please.
May 19, 2017 1:29 AM
May 2017
plus, i want to see Claudia's pandora and Ayato's Ser-Veresta power against the other powerful students such as Ernest and Laetilia from Galahadworth Academy, Xinglou and Xiaofei from Jie Long Institute, Miluse,Paivi and Tuulia from Queenvail's Girls Academy, Orphelia from Rewolf Black Institute, and also Valda, Ursula and Sui too.
Jun 3, 2017 11:46 PM
Jun 2017
IDC Need Season 3 Now Smh
Jun 5, 2017 6:44 AM

Jan 2017
lol, they made second season with full of unresolved issues and mysteries, just brilliant clap clap. they should be responsible on making the following season, it doesn't have to be early but they should.
waiting for enough sources to make another split cour? anyhow, just hoping there release any news about next season.
Jul 23, 2017 1:32 AM
Dec 2016
I don't know of any news relating to season 3 but i still hope they continue it. There are many things that have been left unclear and unfinished such as the orphanage, the festival and ayato's sister
Aug 23, 2017 9:59 PM
Jul 2017
Oboron said:
I doubt it will get a 3rd season any time soon, OP.

If you enjoyed Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, then you may also enjoy Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. They're pretty similar.
No kidding that anime is incredible
Sep 11, 2017 6:31 AM
Sep 2016
No one tell me this is the end for this anime😬😬😬😬😬 this is not the end when the 3rd season 😬
Sep 12, 2017 3:23 AM
Sep 2017
I wish they could release it as soon as possible
Sep 28, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2017
Well I will be really happy to see another season of this anime but as other people mentioned above that it all depend on sales.
*thinks about Noragami Season 3* :(
Oct 7, 2017 1:09 AM
Jan 2017
Well A1 has SAO to cover this market and rn that's all they care about. RIP Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.
Nov 21, 2017 10:03 PM
Nov 2017
Well if they're gonna end it like this, that's just lame. As for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, it's an awesome anime aswell and it didn't get a second season, it's so stupid. :( Perhaps it'll still come around but who knows.

-Ino
Nov 23, 2017 11:34 AM

Jun 2017
Ehhh, I don't care what anyone says about this anime, it was fantastic. It's not perfect, but please, do find me an anime that is.

For something that is so outwardly generic (as in, pretty much all aspects of the world as well as characters have been done before, thoroughly, in lots of other anime) this anime is unfathomably good. It's hard to measure up to the competition when there's so much of it - but where most of the others have shortcomings Gakusen Toshi Asterisk kicked ass.

Yes, the animation was fantastic. Absolutely - but the characters - every one of them is (of course) an archetype that has been used before (because, what hasn't?), but they were actually very interesting in this and I genuinely want to know more and see more of them. It helps that Ayato isn't completely mentally handicapped like most "innocent" shonen MC's, he's the one I liked the least. Honestly, they're all pretty memorable, even some of those who didn't get a whole lot of screen time.

Really hoping for a 3rd season for this one... unlikely as it may be - they've built up a world I really do want to see more of.

...and I hope the animation quality remains the same - because it's fantastic. I'd hate to end up with another Prisma Illya... but there, I think the Fate franchise went to their heads or something - Asterisk isn't nearly that big, so I'd assume (hope) they actually "try".
Apr 30, 2018 1:55 AM
Apr 2018
I want season 3 out it was awesome show
Aug 18, 2018 5:48 PM

Feb 2018
audac1ous said:
the anime getting really good and a new festa is gonna start gotta mean a season 3 right?
id my opinion im sure about this will get seasson 3,but for the third seasson i think many Claudia storu.
Aug 26, 2018 9:59 AM
May 2018
I hope for season 3, i really loved this asterisk war.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

152 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

82 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

80 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.