Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

"Seirei no Moribito" (also known as "Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit") has historical basis?

New
Jun 25, 2016 12:51 PM

Jan 2016
I mean the life of citizens, court life, architecture, everything, including those warriors who pursued Balsa and the Prince (in the sense of really existed to prosecute people considered dangerous?).

I know nothing of the history of Japan.

Leaving the fantasy part, of course... Although I wondered if it had to do with the mythology (or had?).

Thank you in advance for every answer ;).
Jun 25, 2016 1:07 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

If Wikipedia is to be trusted,

"Moribito is set in a fantasy analogue of historical Asia. The setting includes several nations, such as Kanbal, a rugged, Himalayan-like kingdom, and New Yogo, a fertile empire that combines elements of feudal Japan and Southwest China. The supernatural plays very prominently into the world of the series, with the physical world being referred to as Sagu and a parallel spirit world being referred to as Nayug."

I haven't watched the series yet, so I can't speak on specific characters.

Oh, and there's this review that seems to elaborate on the show's details.
ShockedJun 25, 2016 1:20 PM
Jun 25, 2016 1:19 PM

Aug 2010
The whole series is something like a mixture of nearly every Asian culture. I'm not sure anything is historically real as it really is a unique twist that they came up with after mixing up various cultures. Think that also applies to the fantasy aspect of the show aswell.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jul 16, 2016 11:49 PM

Jul 2011
I would call it more of a high fantasy based on Asian culture rather than European.

I don't recall any specific basis for any of the countries though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 23, 2007

61 by Safrichh »»
Oct 16, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 18 Discussion

mild_even - Aug 14, 2007

34 by Safrichh »»
Oct 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ashura - Aug 9, 2007

51 by Safrichh »»
Oct 5, 8:45 PM

» What do you think of Seirei no Moribito?

medicalmidget - Aug 19, 2011

16 by TransferUser »»
Sep 23, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 16 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

47 by Safrichh »»
Sep 21, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.