Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 14, 2016 10:15 PM
May 2016
No offence. Just being curious. Is there really any possibility for an Asian like Arizaki Akira being referred to as "duke" by the British at that time?
Jun 15, 2016 5:47 AM

Dec 2015
It was surprisingly pleasant for an episode entirely based on a fake background story.

5/5

Since I still have no answer, I'll repeat my question here: are we right now seeing adaptations from the Double Joker collection?

PS: why is the episode 10 window not integrated on MAL?
Jun 15, 2016 2:13 PM

Mar 2015
Damn, Yuuki being Yuuki and doing Yuuki things. Solid episode with a fantastic buildup. I thought Miyoshi was going to be the most badass spy, but Yuuki's stolen that spot easily in this episode.

BrandNew_Lanz said:

Claudio Ranieri in an anime...

lmfao
Jun 25, 2016 5:13 AM

Nov 2011
Excellent narration, although it was unlikely from the start it was so simple come to certain conclusions and go up to the mountain of everything. However the script is efficient and the atmosphere is always great and our participation in the context. Also good to have in-depth the past of Mr. Yuuki.
Jun 25, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2009
naens said:
I found this episode really difficult to understand. First we see the past of people with no relation to anyone in the series. Then we see a man being tortured and then he's freed. We never learn why and by whom. Then we learn that in fact he was a spy and had been working for 10 years (we never learn on which mission and why he gave up). Then he decides to never work anymore because he's old and tired. How is this related to the main story / Yuuki / D-Agency? It's never explained.

You were not paying attention. Watch again.
Jul 1, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2015
Yuuki just rekt him lol. What a boss.

Glad to see that the old man went to his wife =)
Jul 1, 2016 7:43 PM

Mar 2015
He's even gotten somebody else's past fabricated as a way of weeding out the overly curious, how badass is Yuuki?!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 17, 2016 10:39 AM
Mar 2012
That semi-true backstory planting of "Arisaki Akira", quite impressive Yuuki. And the merciful release of the spy to retire with his wife was heartwarming. That ring drop was a nice foreshadow detail.
Jul 30, 2016 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
Loved this episode even more than the last one! Yuuki's such a bad-ass in a covert way~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Aug 3, 2016 3:12 PM

May 2012
Very nice episode! Looking forward to see what happens next.
Aug 4, 2016 4:44 AM
Dec 2009
Although this episode was kind of slow paced I really liked it. I liked how it felt like we were discovering things with the main character of this episode... and then everything we discovered got turned on it's head at the end. I kind of think the old man was telling the truth though.

And in the end? Love wins, in a way. Glad that guy has a loving wife by his side.
Aug 31, 2016 3:28 AM

Feb 2013
Cool episode.
He is lucky to be alive.
May 24, 2017 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
Damn. Dat punch.
Damn. Dat knee.
Damn. Got himself a young girl. Prosper.
Damn. Akira's dad is a ladies man. I would have been smashing all of them.
LMAO Akira got expelled for that when he was ganged up on. Asshole.
The ladies wanted Akira's D, too.
Got caught.
Dat man Yuuki.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 10, 2019 3:53 AM

Jul 2016
naens said:
I found this episode really difficult to understand. First we see the past of people with no relation to anyone in the series. Then we see a man being tortured and then he's freed. We never learn why and by whom. Then we learn that in fact he was a spy and had been working for 10 years (we never learn on which mission and why he gave up). Then he decides to never work anymore because he's old and tired. How is this related to the main story / Yuuki / D-Agency? It's never explained.

Huh?

Did you actually pay any attention at all during the episode?
Apr 8, 2020 2:31 AM

Aug 2017
I can't help but be awed at Yuuki's intelligence and network! HE IS THE SPYMASTER!

Dec 9, 2020 10:45 PM
Jun 2020
Es Asombroso cómo el Coronel Yuuki no es la persona que debería ser y que se invento toda está historia a partir de su nombre falso para cazar a todo aquel que intentara saber acerca del.

Me impresiona el grado de detalle y meticulosidad que está serie presenta, no es una serie para cualquiera, pero es una serie que te hace pensar y meterte pro-activamente en la historia, un capitulo Perfecto Master Piece en mi opinión.
May 11, 2021 5:10 PM

Oct 2019
A very good episode as well. So we finally got to see Yuuki's backstory, but (predictably) it was a fabrication, at least in part*. The creators want to hide Yuuki's true past even from the viewers, which is quite interesting and very in line with the theme of the story.

*Another famous spy saying is "When you mix the lie with some truth it is more credible and easier to remember". So, at least some parts of Yuuki's backstory must have been true, but we do not know which parts.

I fully believe that he could have been expelled from the military prep school due to either that fight or "incompatible ideology" and that he was educated abroad (in the comment section of the previous episode I predicted he was educated in the UK);
probably even trained by the first head of the MI6 Mansfield Smith-Cumming - who, despite the risible disclaimer about all names, places, events etc being fictional, was an actual person and the actual first head of MI6, and that's just one real life historical reference from a truckload in the show..

Some parts were probably from Akira's life and some from Yuuki's but we don't know which was which and that was by design. Most importantly neither the British spy nor we found out Yuuki's real name, and you cannot blow the cover of a spy without it; knowing about his childhood without knowing his real name is worthless.

It's also possible that Yuuki is Akira, that unconscious person at the end was some John Doe, and the part where Yuuki showed up to Akira's butler to pay for the bills of the sick person under those two conditions was the actual fabrication. Either way we do not know and I strongly doubt we will in the last two episodes..
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2016

155 by yveltalkyogre »»
Sep 25, 6:09 PM

» novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

1 by NemuriNezumi »»
Jan 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

347 by Samir1237 »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 PM

» Why such low score ?

Shomix - May 21, 2016

22 by ina6_- »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

207 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.