Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2015 10:34 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Here we get to see Lord El-Melloi II, otherwise more commonly known as Waver Velvet~ Flat uses El-Melloi II's article in the mail package as a catalyst to summon an ephemeral Servant, Berserker whose true identity is a mystery. Though it can be associated with the legend of Jack the Ripper, it is not the true person. Admittedly enough, there is a Jack the Ripper in Fate/Apocrypha of the Assassin class. Faldeus though is quite ruthless towards Rohngall.
May 11, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2007
Chapter was translated today.
May 12, 2015 11:06 AM

May 2014
Hmm.. Interesting take on Jack the Ripper. Interested to see where they take the character.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 12, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2015
Jack the Ripper entered the stage, nice.
May 13, 2015 9:39 AM

Aug 2010
Jack the Ripper? And since he was described with Madness he can retain sanity even as a berserker? Really cool :O

And friggin loving Flatt. He's a cool character so far :3

So when exactly is this supposed to be taking place btw? How many years after F/Z? Or is it an alternative timeline? Since Gil is supposed to be in the Real world after F/Z anyway ^^;?
May 13, 2015 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
Barion-Zara said:
Jack the Ripper? And since he was described with Madness he can retain sanity even as a berserker? Really cool :O

And friggin loving Flatt. He's a cool character so far :3

So when exactly is this supposed to be taking place btw? How many years after F/Z? Or is it an alternative timeline? Since Gil is supposed to be in the Real world after F/Z anyway ^^;?

It takes place 70 years after Third Holy Grail War, so concurrently with F/SN, I think.
May 13, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2010
Actually I just checked. It seems like it takes place after the 5th grail war.
May 13, 2015 1:53 PM
Jun 2013
Jesus, I recalled Waver's wiki profile said he dislikes physical strength. Though he clearly went to the gym as he easily lifted that kid with one hand.

On the side note, Waver used to be so adorable, if Alexander saw him now then he would likely be in a bit of a shock.

On the side note, it would have been something had Flat gotten a more powerful servant, like Alexander the great. Had he gotten someone like Karna, Moses, or Ramesses II then this war would have been more flashy.
May 18, 2015 5:27 AM

Aug 2009
greed2 said:
On the side note, it would have been something had Flat gotten a more powerful servant, like Alexander the great. Had he gotten someone like Karna, Moses, or Ramesses II then this war would have been more flashy.

They've got one of the Horsemen of Apocalypse as a Rider-class servant. How much flashier do you need?
May 21, 2016 4:55 PM

Nov 2015
[Berserker: 02]

Flat is not your regular idiot, is your special kind of idiot xD
I cannot hate this guy jaja. So blunder, so silly, so idiot but yet so funny and kind of innocent of the world… He really is the total opposite of Weaver at his age, and oh, that pair that Weaver and he make… OUTSTANDING! I laughed a lot in this chapter jajaja. It was really so much fun to read it.

It really surprised me at first, but the logic behind Jack not being a “mad warrior” was actually plausible… It makes sense in a way (something like that, but in different level happened in Fate/Apocrypha). I just hope “its” design is the same here and there, so there’s consistency, or maybe it won’t but it will be explained since it said that it can take whatever form it likes…interesting. It goes without saying that I want more of Weaver suffering with his pupil jaja.
PD: Alexander’s catalyst… Weaver…you still have it *_*

The other part of the chapter, the one with Rohngall and Faldeus… those were scenes of the like of Fate/Zero. I like this…
After reading the 2008 version (Aprils fools) of the first volume of Strange Fake, and then reading this manga… it’s like actually SEEING what’s happening. My head fills the little blind spots with information of the novel.
Jun 10, 2020 10:45 PM

Jan 2009
Jack the Ripper as Berserker

and damn what an overkill for that old magi man

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/strange Fake Chapter 19 Discussion

TheSelleri - Sep 19

2 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 21, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Fate/strange Fake Chapter 18 Discussion

abystoma2 - Oct 6, 2023

1 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 19, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/strange Fake Chapter 15 Discussion

SarielSimp - May 6, 2019

2 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 19, 9:01 PM

» where to start reading the LN?

trinity_frost - Aug 28, 2022

1 by abystoma2 »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Fate/strange Fake Chapter 10 Discussion

MistyBlue - Oct 24, 2017

6 by Wiziliz »»
Aug 15, 2022 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.