Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 14, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was lewd
I think it even had more fan service than the swimsuit episode..

Ah it was alright, decent info dump about ship mechanics. In some ways, I find the realism of the show to be interesting. Lol, the ship designs...
May 14, 2016 9:12 AM

Jun 2015
Didn't dislike the episode. A bit of friction between the captain and the engine crew. Some harsh words were said. But Rin and Mi-chan comforted Misaki and lifted her spirits a bit. Still awkward situation with the vice.

Them founding the nurse with the rodent and knife was the best scene. :D
They now know the rodents are making the equipment useless and people go berserk.
Good job Isoroku.

Edit: was that the neutralizer for the virus Minami injected herself with? I hope it does not turn out badly.
HijaziMay 15, 2016 1:48 AM
May 14, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2012
So they finally realized the rat-like things are behind it eh? That cat deserved that promotion! XD Hopefully the doctor/scientist lady's cure works. That aside not much of note this week. I love tits as much as the next guy, but German girl's are the only one's worth ogling. XD And even then I can't enjoy it while poor Moka's still a hostage. :( Minesweep eh? Was never good at that game. XD
animefan8800May 14, 2016 10:12 AM
May 14, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2010
Can we have a bit of story now please? I really couldn't care less about random mines when we have (a very stupid) story to resolve. The padding is absolutely horrendous in this show.
May 14, 2016 10:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Disappointing episode. The rats are also the cause for the electronics mishaps. Also the lighthearted moments seem to take over this show now.

I was hoping for this to get dark, but it just keeps on being so-so.

SCHNITZEL!
May 14, 2016 10:44 AM

Jan 2015
That's one funny way to resemble a mine-sweeping tools and procedure together with a plate of Natto.
And this time, it should Shiretoko's turn to "shine" for helping the girls. But I guess that won't happen for now. But with some of German food in the end, I guess it's good enough. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 14, 2016 10:53 AM

Feb 2013
Mashiro Munetani Anime girl "Spock" why can't you accept Akeno Misaki Anime girl "Captain Kirk"
May 14, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2010
So they are aware of the rodents but the question is how will they inform others about it.
It also seems the Musashi won't be going out of ammo and fuel for a while which makes me wonder if the crew is alright.

The mine field might also be the result of the rodents infecting a ship.
May 14, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2011
So the crew finally discovered those "rats" are behind this. Now the question is who's the one behind this? Damn Mi-chan has a nice set of "torpedoes" hidden behind that uniform.

My wild guess to take on the Musashi is Mike and the others discover Yamato and go head-to-head with it.
May 14, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2009
Minami best girl -=)
May 14, 2016 12:21 PM

Sep 2015
Radiation rats....virus rats. At Least they finally figure it out. Now the bigger question I have is WHY DON'T YOU RELAY THAT INFORMATION BACK TO HQ!

A fantastic episode still. :D
May 14, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
Looks like we won't have the resolution of the Musashi arc until the last episodes.

More of my secretary doing cute monologue :3
More Mii going perfect gf material mode. :3
Nice job of listening the fans voice, Mr. Director. :)

Btw, that doctor deserves a Nobel Award.
May 14, 2016 12:57 PM

Nov 2015
Aah, the rat conspiracy confirmed. The rat masters are sure to something.
The ep didn't end with a surprise battle, sad!
Nonetheless enjoyed, the mine traps and the system of minesweeping was good to see.
May 14, 2016 1:16 PM

Feb 2015
feel like a filler episode yet i still enjoy it and like it. full SoL episode i guess. pretty good. so....yeah....basically nothing much happen in this episode except Minami xD i like DAT face xD and that after credit scene tho, i got chills xD i thought she inject something to the girl but LOL she inject herself. Minami is indeed insane. i hope she will be okay in the next episode xD
May 14, 2016 2:07 PM

Jun 2013
some fanservice slow episode but they found out that the rats are the cause and seriously they took the time to cook your country food for you so be grateful
May 14, 2016 2:37 PM

Aug 2008
Nice episode.

Now, I think, at this rate, we'll have a real mutiny on the Harekaze. And it may not even involve the rats (since it seems they're developing a vaccine, the crew should remain immune to the virus).

Hiromi is obviously at odds with Akeno being Captain and believes that Mashiro is a better suited for the job. And Mashiro is increasingly growing antsy about the hands-on approach that Akeno takes with the operations of the vessel.
If unwillingly, but pushed by Hiromi, I see some sort of mutiny being developed in the future and Mashiro taking captaincy of the Harekaze.

Anyway. Quite a lot of plot discussed. The men at that meeting conspiring to take on the Musashi (and probably all the other vessels affected by the virus). I see some in-fighting occurring with three different factions.
The afflicted vessels. The big-shots seeing them as traitors and wanting to sink them. And people like the Harekaze and director Munetani trying to defend the afflicted vessels from them.

Of course, the fourth faction may be the ones being the rats and the virus. But they could be related tot hose big-shots, too. We'll see I guess.
May 14, 2016 4:21 PM
Dec 2013
I really like this anime. One of the surprise of the season.

Capt. Misaki is more like a Starfleet (Star Trek) captain (like Kirk, Picard) than a navy captain. Always go for "away mission". Hiromi is just like a first office of the star ship (Riker). So i don't see a problem with that and Misaki is not really abandon the ship.
May 14, 2016 4:50 PM

Mar 2014
went to save her friend but fell down and then got back to the ship again. yeah thats disqualification as a captain

this moe show tries too hard that the plot wants to be serious in the absence of death .
ButtSlapperMay 14, 2016 5:10 PM
May 14, 2016 6:12 PM
Jul 2015
iKlariS said:
Radiation rats....virus rats. At Least they finally figure it out. Now the bigger question I have is WHY DON'T YOU RELAY THAT INFORMATION BACK TO HQ!

A fantastic episode still. :D

They said that they were going to make a report about it.....until they suddenly came across a minefield.
May 14, 2016 6:12 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
CGDCT-focused episode which feels like filler....
Not bad for me, as I like that kind of thing, although I was hoping this episode would show what's happening in Musashi.

Cannons and boobs....lol

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 14, 2016 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
this series is my indication on the quality of spring 2016.
no battle this week, seems like this season is turning bad.
I was looking forward to more actions damn.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 14, 2016 7:33 PM
Jul 2015
Just curious, did anybody watch after the ending credits?

There is a scene after that :)

PS. image in Spoiler is not representative of the whole scene
ScoomKunMay 14, 2016 7:41 PM
May 14, 2016 7:47 PM
Oct 2010
I can't say I don't like where this is going :3

End card :3
May 14, 2016 8:21 PM

Sep 2015
Ooh what's going to happen to the doctor I wonder. Captain comes to the rescue once again. Cute episode. I'm hoping for more ship battles, a big one at the end of the series?!!
May 14, 2016 10:00 PM

Nov 2011
Izumi_Yuki said:
I can't say I don't like where this is going :3

End card :3

I get flashbacks from that Black Bullet loli o_o

Im no rat expert but how does a rat interfere with electrical equipment? Other than chewing up wires and such. Does it emit EMP or something?

Also Akeno is building up her harem pretty good :3
May 14, 2016 11:12 PM

Dec 2011
Isoroku and Minami (our ship doctor) have finally gave us some progress. >.<
They finally know that the mouse affect humans and electronics.

I really agree with Mashiro's POV that Akeno shouldn't act that way even if it is for good. Really liking their dynamic, but I am agreeing with Mashiro's side more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 12:20 AM

Dec 2011
Melcookie96 said:

Im no rat expert but how does a rat interfere with electrical equipment? Other than chewing up wires and such. Does it emit EMP or something?

If you go to 11:56, the doctor said it's "A creature with a genetic makeup only slightly different from a rat, and it's infected with a weird virus."

Basically it's a rat-like creature, not a rat. And that virus somehow can affect non-human thing without even touching it.

Oh, if you ask me "How is it possible?" Anime logic. At least until Minami explain it herself lol
May 15, 2016 12:23 AM

Apr 2009
Fiji said:
Isoroku and Minami (our ship doctor) have finally gave us some progress. >.<
They finally know that the mouse affect humans and electronics.

I really agree with Mashiro's POV that Akeno shouldn't act that way even if it is for good. Really liking their dynamic, but I am agreeing with Mashiro's side more.

i hope in the next ep it should be less dark and anyway i found this show more better than M3
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

May 15, 2016 12:24 AM

Apr 2009
Chendroshee said:
Melcookie96 said:

If you go to 11:56, the doctor said it's "A creature with a genetic makeup only slightly different from a rat, and it's infected with a weird virus."

Basically it's a rat-like creature, not a rat. And that virus somehow can affect non-human thing without even touching it.

Oh, if you ask me "How is it possible?" Anime logic. At least until Minami explain it herself lol
another info those rats can disable the wirings of any electriacl equip. on the warship and i think they had the stronk teeth to do that
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

May 15, 2016 1:00 AM

Jun 2014
well. this was by far the weakest episode yet. Even worse then "We ran out of toilet paper!"

Where the hell did this girl learn to be a captain? Did she take lessons from Captain Kirk? SERIOUSLY WOMAN, STAY WITH YOUR DAMN SHIP.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 15, 2016 1:33 AM
Apr 2016
i lowered the score because of fan service.
May 15, 2016 1:43 AM
Jul 2015
Rebelhero said:
well. this was by far the weakest episode yet. Even worse then "We ran out of toilet paper!"

Where the hell did this girl learn to be a captain? Did she take lessons from Captain Kirk? SERIOUSLY WOMAN, STAY WITH YOUR DAMN SHIP.

Nobody batted an eye when she left to save Mina, nobody batted an eye when she left to get more toilet paper. But when she tries to go save her best friend and save the lives of her crew everybody goes wild.

Attempting to save Moka aside (because that one was just a bad decision). The rest of the times when Akeno leaves her ship should underscore exactly what kind of captain she is. She is one who would risk her life and do anything within her power to save the lives of others. One would argue that it would not make her out to be much of a captain, which would be true. I believe that this is setting her up for a future episode to solidify her place as captain. The very act of try to save lives herself would inspire her crew to do their damnedest to help their captain. Evidence can be found on episode 5 when she orders the Harekaze to get out of range, instead her own deputy-captain ignores the order and decides to order the Harekaze to stay as close as possible to Akeno.

Simply put, while Akeno does not have much in the way of captaincy skills, her qualities as a leader (as stated above) would pave the way for her cementing her place as captain, not by herself, but by the grace of her crew.
May 15, 2016 2:54 AM

Jun 2014
I kinda knew from the first few frames of seeing her that Misaki would be a dampener on the show. I'm majorly sick of her Mary Sue-ness. Mashiro would've made a more interesting lead.
May 15, 2016 3:07 AM

Apr 2012
The good doctor has finally figured out those rats!
Well crap, looks like them ratattas have taken over a good number of ships.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 15, 2016 4:43 AM

Aug 2013
Shiro is more worse than Mirage for now.

And she's anti-Miho (her mom & sister are reasonable authority figures while Shiho is a jerkass mom & Maho has jerkass facade).

ramenshoujo said:
I kinda knew from the first few frames of seeing her that Misaki would be a dampener on the show. I'm majorly sick of her Mary Sue-ness. Mashiro would've made a more interesting lead.

Nope for this time, unless she has a character development later..

She'll learn to accepts her friends & understanding their antics..
ernietheracefanMay 15, 2016 4:47 AM
May 15, 2016 6:06 AM
Oct 2013
ScoomKun said:
Rebelhero said:

Nobody batted an eye when she left to save Mina, nobody batted an eye when she left to get more toilet paper. But when she tries to go save her best friend and save the lives of her crew everybody goes wild.

Attempting to save Moka aside (because that one was just a bad decision). The rest of the times when Akeno leaves her ship should underscore exactly what kind of captain she is. She is one who would risk her life and do anything within her power to save the lives of others. One would argue that it would not make her out to be much of a captain, which would be true. I believe that this is setting her up for a future episode to solidify her place as captain. The very act of try to save lives herself would inspire her crew to do their damnedest to help their captain. Evidence can be found on episode 5 when she orders the Harekaze to get out of range, instead her own deputy-captain ignores the order and decides to order the Harekaze to stay as close as possible to Akeno.

Simply put, while Akeno does not have much in the way of captaincy skills, her qualities as a leader (as stated above) would pave the way for her cementing her place as captain, not by herself, but by the grace of her crew.

so basically she's incompetent as a captain but is able to be one because her crew cleans up after her mess? sounds like every group project ive ever been a part of
May 15, 2016 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Although it lacks the excitement that comes from the action, I would say that the narrative is satisfactory, because despite presenting a typical day on Harekaze, the screenplay focuses the primary objectives: namely to understand the mystery or suspicious of what is happening to the fleet, and give rise to a collective on board the ship. German food is not so easy to replicate, LOL!

Revvie-chan said:
Looks like we won't have the resolution of the Musashi arc until the last episodes.

More of my secretary doing cute monologue :3
More Mii going perfect gf material mode. :3
Nice job of listening the fans voice, Mr. Director. :)

Btw, that doctor deserves a Nobel Award.

I agree, especially in reference to the brilliant cut. XD
May 15, 2016 7:52 AM

May 2015
Our German girl's chest: 10/10 top notch ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). We need more cats to kill the rats. But yeah, like some people have said: this episode didn't have the excitement the previous episodes had. But I loved it anyway, since lighthearted episodes like these are good as well and good once in a while.

May 15, 2016 8:55 AM

Sep 2008
I liked the scene where Navigator-chan practically confessed to the captain. We need more yuri in this show. There's already lots of fanservice. I especially like the ass shots. 4/5
May 15, 2016 8:59 AM

Dec 2013
Finally some decent progress with the rat-hunt. Watching some of Misaki's crew gave her a piece of their mind, which whilst really still feels like a slap on the wrist and seriously unsatisfactory, I guess will have to do for now. Most of her crew still aren't down with her style of Captaining, but in ones and twos, she's slowly winning some of them over. I think the biggest boost to her confidence was probably from Wilhelmina.

Still, I have to agree that this sort of captaining won't last long, especially if they are actually going to battle against an enemy who's smart enough to use genetically modified animals to induce mutinies, crazy behavior and even mess with electronics. If she's going to be risking her life on the front lines in nearly every single situation, she's going to mess up worse than crashing into rocks like last episode, and someone, or everyone else, will pay for her mistakes.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 15, 2016 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
L-Ryoshi said:
Finally some decent progress with the rat-hunt. Watching some of Misaki's crew gave her a piece of their mind, which whilst really still feels like a slap on the wrist and seriously unsatisfactory, I guess will have to do for now. Most of her crew still aren't down with her style of Captaining, but in ones and twos, she's slowly winning some of them over. I think the biggest boost to her confidence was probably from Wilhelmina.

Still, I have to agree that this sort of captaining won't last long, especially if they are actually going to battle against an enemy who's smart enough to use genetically modified animals to induce mutinies, crazy behavior and even mess with electronics. If she's going to be risking her life on the front lines in nearly every single situation, she's going to mess up worse than crashing into rocks like last episode, and someone, or everyone else, will pay for her mistakes.

When fighting with smart enemy, it is better to do something out of ordinary rather than going by the book because that will be predictable.

Mike's captain style has may flaws but I think this show aims to show how her style can fix the problem rather than showing why it is wrong at the end. I think the real answer for Mike is she has to learn how to mix "correct way" and "her way" together to create the best result.
May 15, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2012
They found that the problems were caused by the hamster. Good episode with a little progression of the story.
May 15, 2016 11:30 AM

Feb 2015
Really fun episode, I think the mixing of the serious, story elements and the cute parts is done quite well. Hopefully, we'll find out some more about the rats next week. I hope it doesn't turn out that the doctor is evil or something, I really like her.
May 15, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
Progress was made with the whole rat situation, more fan service than the swimsuit episode, I don't know German food, they played mine sweeper way better than I ever could, and things are a little awkward up-top due to the captain's tendency to leave to help others. Overall good episode -w-
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 15, 2016 4:19 PM
Jul 2015
Cresse said:
ScoomKun said:

so basically she's incompetent as a captain but is able to be one because her crew cleans up after her mess? sounds like every group project ive ever been a part of

Well, in simpler terms yes. But, let me hasten to add that just as ever growing number of her crew members rally to her, I believe that in some future episode she would find that the actions of her crew will rally herself to acting more like an actual captain on top of what she has already done.
May 15, 2016 5:32 PM

Apr 2014
Whew finally catch up to it...been slacking.
And the fan-service *w*
Where does those rat thingy came from anyway? Able to make human and ship go berserk.
May 15, 2016 6:13 PM
Feb 2012
hlubkoj2020 said:
Whew finally catch up to it...been slacking.
And the fan-service *w*
Where does those rat thingy came from anyway? Able to make human and ship go berserk.

some GM experiment which went overboard after some ship sunk

so the rats are floating on the sea in the boxes and prob picked up by the ships which later lost comms or the rats came aboard and wrecked ppl minds and ship equipment.

wow they loaded up Musashi with full ammo and even after a battle with multiple ship and it still got 80% capacity.
May 15, 2016 6:30 PM

Aug 2014
I knew the rats was the causes.

Until this episode, I still do not know what the purpose of this series in addition to investigating the cause of all this mess. I thought from the beginning there would be a guard sea training, but it turned out to...
May 15, 2016 7:42 PM
Mar 2016
iKlariS said:
Now the bigger question I have is WHY DON'T YOU RELAY THAT INFORMATION BACK TO HQ!
I think they reported it off-cam, after their communication system worked, unless their scientist does not want to because of reasons like they need to verify further. Or because some protocols if those exist don't allow them to report speculations. We will know next episode if they really reported it.
crx07May 15, 2016 7:48 PM
May 15, 2016 7:50 PM
Mar 2016
Cliffhanger again, a sort of.
Next episode, we will know if the antibody works
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

153 by Shirowhite01 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

62 by Shirowhite01 »»
Oct 12, 6:20 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

230 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Feb 25, 7:17 PM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

62 by wildhood »»
Aug 27, 2023 4:44 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

119 by Cyroro »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.