Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 28, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
Finally working on new ideas. I was tired of TRAP.
Aug 1, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
Hitman 10 would be more suited for being serious. I also don't see potential for a serious manga in Two of Me.

I don't like Miura <.<
Oct 6, 2014 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
It does sucks that they can't write what they want, and that the ditor was really obsessed with the gag manga.
May 13, 2015 7:27 PM

Jan 2015
This is definitely the most annoying part of the series. They just rebel for the show but end up still doing a gag manga in the end...
If they weren't japanese (with all their habits about respect and bowing to your pseudo-superiors), they would have realised that thay had the perfect leverage to make the fat bastard comply : a contract to be signed.
"If authors don't trust their editors, they cant make a good series"... Yeah right. If the potato insists on doing a gag manga, just go to an other magazine. He would never let it go to that point anyway, if he lost such talent to competitors he would be fired on the spot...

Well, gonna have to withstand this stupid development for some more episodes now.
Jul 4, 2015 2:26 AM

Mar 2015
It feels the Hattori's absence in Ashirogi...
We're just the boys and girls that think they always know...
Aug 10, 2015 9:53 PM

Apr 2014
this ep was so cringey. what is miura doing ;-; I agree 100% with what mashiro disagreed on with miura when it came to their manga style. but like, at the same time I can't bring myself to criticize miura extensively because he IS inexperienced.

i just miss hattori ;-;
Mar 28, 2016 5:58 AM

Mar 2014
New Serialization .
When you feel your judgement is totally right ~ .
Bold . Stay strong you two !! apparently gone perverted .
Three-in-one submission !? Somehow , My heart got doki-doki suru ~ !!
Definitely looking straightforward to these storyboards ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2017 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Confrontation was epic, more of this pls, loved the hospital arc as well.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 26, 2018 12:49 PM

Feb 2018
Well i use sthat editor is right ecchi does sell
Dec 16, 2019 3:19 AM

Mar 2015
Onto their next step, look like their new work will be interesting!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 2, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2018
Rip Nakai, the simp got rejected T_T
Nov 8, 2020 11:18 AM

Jan 2019
Wtf with Miura, I never liked him but his attitude this episode sucked. Gag manga are almost never popular, why waste Shujin's talent on it? Idiotic.

I'm glad Aoki rejected Nakai, he's ridiculous. I'm also worried about that new editor tho. I would really hate it if Aoki does ecchi, it definitely doesn't match her character.

Best part from the episode was Eiji and his toothpaste ofc lol
Jan 12, 2021 8:19 AM

Jul 2017
This season is really showcasing why having a editor that fits your vision and direction is incredibly important for a successful manga career. What made Hattori such a good editor for Ashirogi Muto in the previous season is how he is very adaptable, wanting Ashirogi Muto to do what they're best at potentially while being able to help them refine their vision to the best of his abilities. He knew what was their strengths and weaknesses and he did everything in his power to help those two polish their strengths and use that to create great quality names that helped get them a serialization in the first place. Plus, he also is ambitious, aiming for them to surpass Niizuma and get first and seeing if they can handle serialization in the first place by training them to prepare manuscripts at a good rate while handling Golden Future Cup business at the same time. He isn't arrogant, wants to do his best to support the authors and helps bring the best out of his authors' abilities that would help create the best manga for them and for the audience too of Shounen Jump.

Meanwhile with Miura, he's someone who's not ambitious and doesn't utilize the potential of what Ashirogi Muto can produce if nurtured well, opting to play safe by looking at their future work to just be able to survive with rankings rather than wanting them to aim big again while playing to their strengths. He doesn't even seemingly have a clue about what makes Takagi's stories to be incredibly captivating and interesting to read, even more than someone like Niizuma's stories, as he focuses on trying to go with what he finds more entertaining as a reader (clearly a gag manga fanatic given his reaction to Moritaka being Tarou Kawaguchi's nephew), and wanting to play to what he's comfortable with rather than what Takagi's comfortable and creative with. It's the opposite of what Bakuman's identity and persona is, as its the safest bet for long term, mediocre success. There's no way Takagi can be a Sorachi and make a genuinely successful gag manga like Gintama since he doesn't have the comedic sense, creativity nor versatility to truly make a great gag manga in the long run without getting stale since it's not in his forte at all. Ashirogi Muto is able to recognize this and want to do their best to get their serious work serialized but it sure is going to take a lot of effort to convince the editor to go with their direction and vision rather than Miura's safety net.
Jul 22, 2021 11:40 PM

Jan 2020
I didn't expect Aoki to take that ecchi thing to her consideration...

Byniavo said:
Rip Nakai, the simp got rejected T_T

+1
Oct 19, 2021 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
the part where miura is just unbearable had started.
really agreeing with new style thing, but going gag is too much.

the myoshi long face scene was great xD
Oct 22, 2022 10:15 PM

Jan 2020
I have a feeling things aren't going to go well on the Aoki side of things. And, to a degree, I'm okay with that. I'd rather her have bowed out gracefully as originally planned, and focused on her own thing. Getting wrapped up in an ecchi series just seems like it's asking for trouble. Her new editor definitely seems sketch as fuck.

I don't have high hopes for Miura at this point. He definitely seems to be actively working against Moritaka and Takagi's talents. Just a couple episodes ago he was asking what to do and what direction to try and take TRAP in. Now he's suddenly acting like a know-it-all. It's just a bit disappointing that he doesn't even seem to be taking the creator's opinions into consideration. Though, I do have to wonder why they didn't push for "Me Two" over "HITMAN 10," since it seemed like even they preferred that themselves. Maybe their one-shot is what they really want to do, and so they don't particularly care that much about either of their other, potential, projects?

Anyway, I'm guessing their new series will be decided by the second half of this season. I hope the assistants from TRAP make a return.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 10, 2012

99 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 14, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 14, 2012

123 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Jun 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2011

121 by tsog »»
May 28, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

73 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Apr 27, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2011

169 by LuffyetWade »»
Apr 16, 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.