Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2013 7:36 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This isn't a hidden gem or anything, but it's certainly a nice little show with a lot of heart. Without looking at the manga, I could definitely tell that this anime really needed to be longer. The only thing that bothered me was that opening, doesn't really fit the show I'd say. Still, got no complaints about the show itself. "The journey continues" I guess.
Mar 25, 2014 9:18 AM

May 2008
This show was really slow paced yet sometimes very emotional and touching. :)
Jun 21, 2014 3:29 PM
Oct 2013
It was a really emotional anime. I cried a little bit. When she was small, she was sooo cute!!!

The character that was most confusing was MARIKA. Was she the same girl that lion met? It seemed like it but then the age is totally different. Someone explain?
Apr 22, 2015 10:51 PM
Jun 2013
Kosourbites said:
It was a really emotional anime. I cried a little bit. When she was small, she was sooo cute!!!

The character that was most confusing was MARIKA. Was she the same girl that lion met? It seemed like it but then the age is totally different. Someone explain?

Her father cloned her after learning the original was terminally ill. At least that's my take on it.
Mar 15, 2016 3:48 AM

Feb 2013
A very nice ending, all of them talking about their dreams, it was kinda weird to see them as kids again but I'm glad they were able to see Lion-san.
Jul 7, 2017 1:36 AM

Aug 2014
ugh so after all that they never go into space or even complete their training..
Jan 6, 2019 7:57 AM

Mar 2016
At times the drama felt a tad bit overdone, but that can be easily excused. A nice story about how dreams, and a tragedy, can link people together. Because at the center of it all are connections, that while deep, do not hinder but help the characters look towards the future. It moves along at its own pace, and I can really respect that, especially with the order of the episodes. Unlike in some other shows, entire episodes dedicated to flashbacks felt integral to the pacing.
syncrogazerJan 6, 2019 8:04 AM
Feb 12, 2021 12:17 PM

Nov 2008
The transition to showing them as kids felt weird, to say the least. Lion-san's departure was sudden - i even wondered if he could go to space along with Asumi someday. Marika remembering the rocket Lion-san built implies that she is the same Marika he knew i suppose? But then she should be in her 30s by now! Uggh, her situation having no clear explanation provided irritates me. And apparently Suzuki had thick eyebrows as a child. Guess now we know why'd he shaved them off, lol.

Initially i picked up this anime because of it's absolute banger of an opening. It turned out good i guess. Things to complain about are that there was a bit too much of a flashback episodes and the aforementioned uncertainty about Marika. Now i kind of want to learn to play harmonica.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Nov 23, 2021 12:06 AM

Aug 2018
What a disappointing ending but I can't say I am surprised. The writing was on the wall five episodes ago when it was clear they'd never be able to provide a fulfilling ending in time.

Guess I'll have to read the manga.
Apr 15, 2022 6:23 PM
Dec 2017
epidemia78 said:
What a disappointing ending but I can't say I am surprised. The writing was on the wall five episodes ago when it was clear they'd never be able to provide a fulfilling ending in time.

Guess I'll have to read the manga.

Do read the manga and it should get a reboot one day.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futatsu no Spica Episode 2 Discussion

Shocked - Jul 5, 2013

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 9, 2022 10:12 AM

Poll: » Futatsu no Spica Episode 1 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jul 21, 2011

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Mar 6, 2022 10:57 AM

» Futatsu no Spica Episode 17 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Mar 14, 2016

2 by epidemia78 »»
Nov 22, 2021 3:21 AM

» Futatsu no Spica Episode 19 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Mar 15, 2016

1 by Genoard »»
Feb 12, 2021 11:24 AM

» Futatsu no Spica Episode 16 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Mar 14, 2016

1 by Genoard »»
Feb 10, 2021 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.