Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2013 8:58 PM
Oct 2012
wow, usually they get beaten up badly with cuts and such before lousing an arm. now its like " nope, you lose and arm first"
Aug 6, 2013 1:06 AM

Mar 2013
Generally speaking, I'd say that this is better than the later episodes of the first season, but maybe not quite on par with the beginning episodes of S1 either...

Even before this episode, it seems to have had a bit more serious vibe to it than the first season, and it's more consistent with some things.

I had to smirk a little when the girls thought they could have the pendant just for winning a song match at school though. Like she would really just give it up...

I was inclined to wonder why they haven't been flying around killing all the enemies like nothing (a la end of S1), but Tsubasa hinted before that there was some kind of a reason.

The arm bit came out of nowhere at first, but after a minute, I thought about it... and Ver did seem like the type to do something like this. Plus, how would the Nephilim go about eating Hibiki's pendant if it's fused with her? Well, eat her, of course!
Was that good, Nephilim? Did you want some more...?
Aug 6, 2013 10:17 AM

Jun 2008
The hellll the thing just eat her arm like a candy I was like for real?????
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Aug 6, 2013 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
nseika said:

So the concensus is that: Hibiki's arm got chomped ==> just a flesh wound, no big deal

Basically. The bigger question is how exactly is she going to explain the lack of a left arm at school. That and how exactly is she going to be able to fight since she needs both hands to power her punches and balance herself properly.

Even if it is a flesh wound (which it likely is), it's not like it will go away immediately.
Ashen_MikoAug 6, 2013 12:16 PM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Aug 6, 2013 4:17 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder how the fights are going to be like now that hibiki lost an arm.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Aug 6, 2013 10:09 PM

Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:

Even if it is a flesh wound (which it likely is), it's not like it will go away immediately.

If you'll remember, season 1 introduced healing powers that could recover a "hybrid" in a matter of seconds.
... whether or not Hibiki can tap into that remains to be seen, however.

Although, I do feel the scene would be somewhat reduced in value if she suddenly recovered from such an injury without some sort of major drawback (berserker mode, perhaps).
JerichoDeathAug 6, 2013 11:25 PM
Aug 6, 2013 10:50 PM
Oct 2012
Malon16 said:
The hellll the thing just eat her arm like a candy I was like for real?????

For serious- they cut to the Nephilim and it was all like "munch munch munch-what you lookin at dawg?"
Aug 6, 2013 11:20 PM
Aug 2012
Now for one thing ok we get she got her arm eaten off people she is gonna pass the fuck out and then also ver killed innocent chiid Maria is pissed and upset
Miku wiill be crying her eyes c: >_> everyone in school is gonna be like WHOA WTF HAPPENED TO UR ARM
Aug 6, 2013 11:22 PM
Aug 2012
JerichoDeath said:
CreationBreaker said:

If you'll remember, season 1 introduced healing powers that could recover a "hybrid" in a matter of seconds.
... whether or not Hibiki can tap into that remains to be seen, however.

Although, it do feel the scene would be somewhat reduced in value if she suddenly recovered from such an injury without some sort of major drawback (berserker mode, perhaps).

Well as you can see there is 12 eps we r now on 6 >:U i give it till ep.8 to give Hibiki an arm
Aug 7, 2013 3:25 PM

Aug 2011
Ohhh snaap, crazy ending for Hibiki. it sure left me shocked for a moment.

Also laughed a little bit when the sticky white fluid sprayed on to Chris and Tsubasa. It just came out of nowhere! I admit, I'm enjoying this season much more than I expected.
Aug 7, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, quite an uncomfortable feeling I had at the end.
Didn't think that would happen.
Aug 7, 2013 8:49 PM

Mar 2013
WaterQueenKonoka said:
Now for one thing ok we get she got her arm eaten off people she is gonna pass the fuck out and then also ver killed innocent chiid Maria is pissed and upset
Miku wiill be crying her eyes c: >_> everyone in school is gonna be like WHOA WTF HAPPENED TO UR ARM

Due to been in a fight she'd be running on adrenaline she wouldn't pass out straight away although she'd go into Hypovolemic shock pretty quickly.

Aug 11, 2013 7:14 AM

Mar 2010
IT JUST ATE HER ARM, HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Aug 21, 2013 3:11 AM
Mar 2012
that was disturbing... reminded me of S1's ED.
What? Moon is falling? is Dr. Ver serious? Government hiding?... any astronomist could tell... I just remembered, don't mind the plot. The fight and orbital beat were nice. Strangely, Kirika's singing voice doesn't fit herself somehow, while Shirabe's seems right.
Sep 1, 2013 11:00 PM

May 2012
YES :D
been waiting for that darker turn for like 2 seasons now xD
but yeah.. that sucks, she lost her arm...
Sep 18, 2013 10:52 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, this episode... oh man, that ending scene... I was speechless.

Oct 4, 2013 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
Dr. Ver must be a superhuman. Even when assuming a slow bullet and a generous distance, he has at most 0.1 seconds to turn around and summon the noise. Average reaction time is > 0.2 seconds. As some soldiers had rifles, and the distance was probably 5-10 meters, he must have reacted at least 20 times as fast as the average human. Wow. What does he need Maria and the others for when he's capable of doing such things?

Another thing: They are missing someone like Kiritsugu from Fate. If you can't beat people using an ability with another ability, how about the good old bullet between the eyes? Or in the case of the girls maybe a tranquilizer dart. Or a hook to the chin/in the stomach in that scene on the academy grounds.

It always bothers me when people forget everything they knew about fighting whenever they acquire a new power. Guy winning fist fights left and right, acquires magic sword...he will lose the moment he leaves his sword behind, even when challenged by a 4 year old kid. Magical girl firing laser beams at everything that moves, gets the abilityto fire a slow moving, but hard-hitting ball.. "oh noes, it's moving to fast to hit with the ball, i can not defeat it". Next episode either gets rescued by others or gets new power: Fast moving ball.

Of course, with the reaction time of Dr. Ver you might need a laser as bullets are not fast enough, but still, it's not like you need Symphogear.

Another thing is: What exactly would they lose if they use it in public? For Tsubasa it is her career as a singer. It was never exactly explained why she couldn't continue to sing if everyone knew she was a Symphogear user. Even then, whats it for Hibiki and Chris? Simply that they would be recognized? Why would that be bad? The enemy knows them anyways.

Symphogear itself is no longer a secret, too. It just feels like they chose arbitrary limitations to make Hibiki and friends have a hard time instead of mopping the floor (which is even expected by both Maria & the other girls and Natassja, calling Hibiki & co "monsters" and themselves "amateurs" respectively) and/or they forgot that some stuff like keeping it all secret is pointless after the events that happened within the anime.
Oct 10, 2013 4:42 PM

May 2012
NO WAY HER ARM! Damn didn't see that coming! Pretty epic development with some slight backstory, just love it!
Apr 23, 2014 8:36 PM

Aug 2011
The fact she is more shocked about looking at the monster eating her arm instead of being worried about the pain or the blood loss.

Thank you for everything Symphogear.

» Escapism.

Oct 11, 2014 12:26 PM

Feb 2014
At the end of this episode I was like: wtfwtfwtfwtfWTF????? Geez. Poor Hibiki :(

And Maria lost her sister? ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2014 1:42 AM

Feb 2013
I keep wondering why they just keep sending soldiers to their deaths. Haven't they realize that conventional weapons do absolutely NOTHING to the Noise. I feel bad for the soldiers. So everytime Maria transform she loses herself more and Finé gets more control.

HOLY SHIT! Did not expect that at the end. Poor Hibiki. What'll she do now?!

Now all she needs to do is lose her right eye and she will become Big Boss from Metal Gear.

Very good episode!
Nano1124Oct 21, 2014 1:51 AM
Jun 28, 2015 11:35 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an episode!!!

Yeah the soldiers haven't learned that guns don't work no Noise. WTF that was since S1 :P

At least they explained the first seen with Maria. So Serena was his sister who sacrifice herself to protect her?? Kinda reminds me what Kanade did with Tsubasa. Serena is voiced by Yui Horie :)

To be honest the first season had tons of blood, but not really gore or any decapitation. Definitely didn't expect this!!

So this was a new team??? No wonder the theme and feel looks very different and much more serious compared to the first season.

Still Tsubasa will probably be able to revive her hand or regenerate it. Noise can regenerate itself so i will not be surprise if they found a new power.

Kadingir? Damn so their rebuilding it again?

Can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 21, 2015 2:40 PM

Feb 2015
The heck? My heart almost stopped at that ending... it came out of nowhere.
Aug 25, 2015 5:36 AM

Dec 2013
Great episode. It got pretty dark at the end. Hibiki needs to learn how to shut out unnecessary noise and stay focused.

The scientist guy just isn't doing it for me. They keep forcing him down our throats trying to show us how bad he is, but I'm not convinced (probably never will be).

This one is more a gripe with the 3 kids on their way to baseball practice. These kids heard explosions and probably gunfire as well, yet they decided to run towards this madness rather than away? Really? I'm sure someone can mount an argument saying that they're just kids, they're naive and curiosity got the better of them, but I feel that it was a convenient way to try and sell the scientist guy as some sort of despicable villain.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Sep 23, 2015 6:21 AM

Nov 2012
This fight scene is damn well choreographed

Mar 6, 2016 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
JerichoDeath said:
I had to smirk a little when the girls thought they could have the pendant just for winning a song match at school though. Like she would really just give it up..

Right. They are not really the brightest. "We were so close at getting the pendant." No, you were so close at getting your asses kicked.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
I hate this mad scientist even more now!!!!! This f@cking bastard distracted Hibiki and...and...!!!!!
I never liked her design (at least armor is kinda original) and wasn't big fan of her character but... .

SPOILER for RWBY season 3 below!!!!!!!!!

The tragedy of that scene reminds me of RWBY's 3rd season finale <sob>.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 20, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was much better than the last one. Finally Dr Ver does something here, he's the only really evil one here instead of concentrating on Maria and Eyepatch Lady who even admit that they're amateurs.
The new song was pretty awesome.

Serena's tragic backstory kinda repeated stuff from S1 but it was nice nonetheless.

And Hibiki's arm being ripped off? WTF? Are the writers trying to make us think this show is dark and serious or something? It just seemed there for shock effect.
May 22, 2017 12:48 PM

Sep 2016
I just realized that white haired doc has Gintoki's voice lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 2, 2018 4:53 PM

May 2016
This episode man.

The ending was just out of the blue.
Apr 16, 2020 5:12 AM

May 2016
This episode man.

The ending was just out of the blue.
Apr 16, 2020 5:12 AM

May 2016
This episode was much better than the last one. Finally Dr Ver does something here, he's the only really evil one here instead of concentrating on Maria and Eyepatch Lady who even admit that they're amateurs.
The new song was pretty awesome.

Serena's tragic backstory kinda repeated stuff from S1 but it was nice nonetheless.

And Hibiki's arm being ripped off? WTF? Are the writers trying to make us think this show is dark and serious or something? It just seemed there for shock effect.
Sep 15, 2020 2:12 PM

Nov 2019
shiiitee! wow didn't expect that

can i just say the ost was really on point

and i really appreciate the character designs

Hooooh! that ending though.........
May 8, 2021 12:36 AM

Feb 2020
That ending was shocking Totally unexpected twist. Poor Hibiki lost her arm. That scene was so difficult to watch.

Doctor Ver is a very sick person. He even killed innocent children.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:44 AM
May 10, 2021 12:12 PM

Nov 2016
Yoo, shit is going down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2021 5:14 PM

Jul 2017
My girl got her arm bitten off like a kitkat, DAYUM!

Sep 12, 2023 2:48 AM

Nov 2010
Chris has the sexiest transformation sequence.
I support the idea of uniting the world under one country and government.
Hibiki's arm looked delicious. I like the crunchy sound. Can they regrow arms, or will she have a mechanical arm from now on?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Jul 4, 2013

100 by Hibiki2134 »»
Sep 18, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

92 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 5, 2013

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.