Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2015 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit chapter.

Insane/5. Based Eto.
Dec 5, 2015 6:34 PM

Aug 2014
Damn mangastream was fast
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful
Dec 5, 2015 6:37 PM

Jan 2015
Fucking Sui Ishida does it again! Holy shit what a great chapter.

No way is Eto dead, like many others are saying there's a strong chance that she'll eat Kaneki's arm that was thrown down there.

Ui just walked in on his worst nightmare holy shit that hype!
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 5, 2015 6:44 PM

Oct 2014
Just took less than 2 chapters to Rekt Eto.

Who's next?.
Dec 5, 2015 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
^
By the looks of it, Ui. I just hope and really want Kaneki not to do something stupid that would risk him getting hunted by the CCG. He has to think about Hinami. She is still in Cochlea and with Kaneki gone, Akira can have finally get to Hinami. Don't be stupid Kaneki.

And yea, Eto isn't dead. Who do you think she is? She is the female version of... *drum roll*

DIO! That's right, DIO!
Dec 5, 2015 6:59 PM

Oct 2014
Eto and Kaneki were made for each other. For once a ship I can actually get on board with.

Epic chapter 5/5

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Dec 5, 2015 7:00 PM

Sep 2013
Oh God atleast Eto is alive, but she got her lower half eaten out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The art was nice.

Arima wherever you are please just start running, RUN, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
Please :'( Please save yourself from this plot monster :'(
ichii_1Dec 5, 2015 7:16 PM
Dec 5, 2015 7:04 PM
Oct 2012
great chapter, by images the victory from Sasaneki was purely using strategy (fleeing and looking for an opening for a single attack) and we can see that Eto was amused.

I think this was the first air battle of TG.
Dec 5, 2015 7:12 PM
Oct 2012
and the spoilers, I thought Kaneki win the fight by simple brute force, but as he won using strategy and Eto did not seem serious / angry, so no problem.
Dec 5, 2015 7:14 PM
Sep 2013
This Chapter Tho
Eto dead nope.
So does this mean Kaneki out of CCG for good or hes just going to play it off as just healing up his injures.
I don't see this going well. With Hinami life he may have to just bust in. Then there is Kanae and Tsukiyama.
Wonder what or If any changes will come to Kaneki Kagune
Sad that this will never get animated.
Dec 5, 2015 7:16 PM

May 2014
To be honest, Eto didn't seem to be serious at all. Based on the spoiler images I though Kaneki win the fight, but after reading the whole chapter I think she just wanted to have some fun.
The new Kaneki is terrifying af.
RaidenHUNDec 5, 2015 7:20 PM
Dec 5, 2015 7:19 PM

May 2013
My boy Kaneki eating the girl out on the first date,what a god
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Dec 5, 2015 7:27 PM
Oct 2012
which was nice in the chapter it is that it was a air battle, something never seen before in the series.
Dec 5, 2015 7:29 PM
Oct 2012
RaidenHUN said:
To be honest, Eto didn't seem to be serious at all. Based on the spoiler images I though Kaneki win the fight, but after reading the whole chapter I think she just wanted to have some fun.
The new Kaneki is terrifying af.

regardless, Sasaki used the strategy rather than brute force to attack Eto, it was cool and clever
Dec 5, 2015 7:33 PM

Mar 2012
Was this the first time it was clearly stated that Eto was Takatsuki? I can't recall anything leading to it. I thought everyone was just saying it since they looked similar, or was it that obvious..?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Dec 5, 2015 7:37 PM
Dec 2014
Epic chapter. Crazy fight and like Acernos said, it was cool how Kaneki used strategy to defeat Eto.

So Kaneki, what will you do next? Its gonna be interesting to see his decision.

Also, him eating that reminded me we have yet to see Full Kakuja Kaneki (dont know why it reminded me but it did lol) which will be absolutely insane.
Dec 5, 2015 7:39 PM

Nov 2011
Oh hell, One eyed ghoul cannibalizing another One eyed ghoul? Kaneki power is gonna go off the roof.

Dec 5, 2015 7:41 PM
Sep 2013
Raven-kun said:
Was this the first time it was clearly stated that Eto was Takatsuki? I can't recall anything leading to it. I thought everyone was just saying it since they looked similar, or was it that obvious..?

yeah It was obvious as soon as I saw the face in the original manga I was like dammit she seemed too suspicious in the original to not be someone of interest later. Didn't think she would be such a grand player.
Dec 5, 2015 7:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Cannibalism is back. Man Kaneki, I missed ya! Eto may or may not be dead (I think she is though)

5/5
Dec 5, 2015 7:44 PM

May 2014
Raven-kun said:

She was suspicious from the beginning, a lot of fan figured out Eto=Takatsuki after the conversation with Amon and the 2 siblings, and it was eviden that Eto=Takatsuki= OE-Owl when we saw her face at the end of TG.
Dec 5, 2015 7:55 PM
Dec 2015
I DON'T THINK SHE'S DEAD, REMEMBER "KAKUJA'S EGG" I SPECULATE THAT ETO WAS JUST HAVING FUN, AND NOT SERIOUS AT ALL, MAYBE SHE WANTED KANEKI TO ACTUALLY EAT HER OTHER HALF AND EAT HER KAKUJA, DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING HIS KAKUJA.
SHOWN BY BOTH OF THEIR FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. ALSO INCLUDING THAT ETO ONE OF THE STRONGEST IN TOKYO GHOUL SERIES COULDN'T HAVE DIED THAT EASILY AND QUICKLY.
Dec 5, 2015 8:04 PM

Feb 2011
That was insane, BUT TOO SHORT.

Apr 2015
Etooooo are you me???
So Kaneki wants to be a full kakuja now huh?

Oct 2013
Holy shit
Dec 5, 2015 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
Mech4nic said:
Just took less than 2 chapters to Rekt Eto.

Who's next?.

She could have bitten his head during the licking but chosen not to.

Guess ending the fight that way is no fun for her. She just love playing around ;)
Dec 5, 2015 8:17 PM

Nov 2014
HOLY SHIT I DON'T EVE-

*Dies from amount of epicness*

Oct 2014
With Kaneki cannibalizing, the return of centipede is imminent.

Eto isn't that stupid, she'll probably regenerate some way and survive. This is not the last we've seen of her.

RIP Ui, going to get rekt by akanekipede next chapter, HYPE!

Dec 2009
That was insane. This chapter did everything I didn't expect, I wouldn't be surprised if Ishida announces Eto as officially dead at this point.
Dec 5, 2015 8:23 PM
Dec 2015
This was 2 extreme, The scene with eto full kakuja climbing on the glass building would be beautiful animated.
Dec 5, 2015 8:27 PM

Nov 2014
Kagunes sure have evolved since the beginning of tokyo ghoul. originally it was just nishiki with a tail looking thing and kaneki with some tenticle looking things. by the end of ghoul we found out they can evolve and saw how crazy the one eyed owls kagune truly is. in this chapter it even looked different from the end of tokyo ghoul more eyes and whatnot. I'm sure shes not dead just because that'd be way 2 simple just like how zerefs prob not dead in fairy tail. 2 fast and 2 easy.

I think the fact that kaneki is eating her remaining parts or her monster kagune is gonna give a power-up in some form moreso than just eating another ghoul or even another one eye her kagune was so crazy it would make me think of attack on titan and how the people are inside these giant monster suits or titan suits, she could even fly which was a definite first to see.

since RE began we've seen kagunes

Evolve - Nishikis kagune is gigantic and even looks like a snake
Double type Kagune - Nutcracker having 2 kagune of seperate types was a first
Detachable kagune - people hiding their kagune in walls to attack or even making their kagune into a wall
none of these things were in part 1. I wouldn't be surprised if eating one eyed owl had an effect on kanekis mental state like maybe he'll start seeing her in his head just because how strong she was, no doubt she was like the pinnacle of a kagune and the person who brought her up noro could practically heal from anything (despite dying) so i figure she'll be able to come back from being cut in half even if it means she has to eat his arm or part of herself like tsukiyama or someone else.

still was interesting to see him recognize her as takatsuki kanekis fighting style reminded me more and more of arima at the end of part 1, except instead of running down a building chasing one eyed owl he was running up a building from one eyed owl lol but it had its similarities.

I've always wondered if kanekis kagune would eventually reach the level of Etos, back when he was eating lots of ghouls his kagune even would make a mask like object on his face if you remember, he would go really crazy at those times and you could only see 1 eye but it made me think of a much much lower level version of etos like stage 1 towards her monster kagune.

just loved that hes eating her lol really starting to seem like a brand new kaneki even if he used to eat ghouls he was still kind at his core even if it was twisted. now he just seems cold blooded i wouldn't call him sasaki or black haired kaneki or white haired kaneki i'd call him arimaki lol.

if eto did die tho which id say is like 1% chance lol, id think the story would either go more into the mysteries of the CCG and the mysteries of the organization that the manager used to work for that said he had to kill his lover. i dont remember their name =X
Dec 5, 2015 8:43 PM
Sep 2014
I would let Eto lick me
Dec 5, 2015 8:44 PM

Mar 2014
The panel of Eto licking his eyeball is B-E-A-Utiful.
Dec 5, 2015 8:46 PM

Dec 2014
-Damn, she's getting more monstrous in her form, that size is amazing too. It appears that she actually doesn't have much control over herself while in kakuja form, which appears to have a mind of it's own. Hmm, Kaneki can now dodge better than Arima apparently. Matsuri the Sass is going to get himself cut on Kaneki's edge.

-It's strange really how methodical his fighting is now. He knows he'll lose straight-on so he fucks around and makes her open herself. Shachi would be proud. That barrage of kagune sure was devastating. I can see why you would say that you're the same. Seriously didn't expect that to happen and can't believe that he could win if he was not let by Eto.

So she's falling off the building? Well, considering that she's an ukaku who's kakuhou is in the shoulderblades, and being far too important to die of scene I can't believe that she's dead. We should try to contain the salt to the minimum and wait for the next chapter to see what really happened. Maybe we'll get Eto's PoV like we got when Kanae got her head kicked off.
Dec 5, 2015 8:51 PM
Sep 2014
I want to eat Eto
Dec 5, 2015 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
So I binge to catch up over the last day and freaking read this chapter. What a wild ride. But yeah Eto isn't dead. Just gonna leave this here
Dec 5, 2015 8:59 PM

Aug 2010
RIP Ui. U will not be missed :P
And Washuu also saw a glimpse of the fight too. Now the CCG knows. Cool.

Anyway...Kaneki calling Eto Takatsuki really got me happy for some reason. Both confessed their "love" for eachother and shippers are probably rejoicing especially after Ken starting eating her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And damn the art on page7 was amazing.

But really, Ishida is gonna need to put Ken's strength in perspective right now. I mean he was fighting with one arm. He wasn't using a Kakuja or even half one and look at that O_o
Eto wasn't even trying right?

I need Arima and Shachi vs Ken rematch
Dec 5, 2015 9:00 PM

Dec 2014
On the other hand, Ui really has no luck these couple of chapters.
His waifu got decapitated and now he'll have to face off the probably full-kakuja Kaneki.

Hopefully he won't kill him, Ui annoys me but he's a good character and should stick around.
Dec 5, 2015 9:01 PM

Dec 2014
Barion-Zara said:
RIP Ui. U will not be missed :P
And Washuu also saw a glimpse of the fight too. Now the CCG knows. Cool.

Anyway...Kaneki calling Eto Takatsuki really got me happy for some reason. Both confessed their "love" for eachother and shippers are probably rejoicing especially after Ken starting eating her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And damn the art on page7 was amazing.

But really, Ishida is gonna need to put Ken's strength in perspective right now. I mean he was fighting with one arm. He wasn't using a Kakuja or even half one and look at that O_o
Eto wasn't even trying right?

I need Arima and Shachi vs Ken rematch
As much as I wish it is true, Kaneki didn't confess anything, he just said that he's honored that she, the One-Eyed Owl/Takatsuki Sen loves him.
Dec 5, 2015 9:05 PM
Dec 2013
Ui will probably join in the buffet since he seeks power and status.
Dec 5, 2015 9:06 PM

Oct 2014
bromains said:

Double type Kagune - Nutcracker having 2 kagune of seperate types was a first

Nop, Hinami was first.
Dec 5, 2015 9:15 PM

Jan 2014
Reminder that next week is last chap before 2 week break

:(
Dec 5, 2015 9:19 PM

Nov 2015
I liked the detailed steel beams and cranes in the background.

Dec 5, 2015 9:21 PM

Apr 2012
Well this chapter was unexpected af....
Dec 5, 2015 9:23 PM
Oct 2012
People keep saying that Kaneki without an arm was at a disadvantage, Do they have forgotten that after he "ate" Rize he hardly struggled with punches and kicks and most often only used the Kagune?

and also, as has been said on the topic, Kaneki not won by brute force, but with strategy, and can not even be sure that Eto was serious, since she was beaming like a lovesick maiden.
Dec 5, 2015 9:45 PM
Nov 2015
Great chapter and all ...

But am i the only one, whos having a REALLY hard time figuring out these action scenes ???

I mean sure the art is great, the background is crispy clear - but with this fight and a few ones earlier, half of the time i don't know whats going on and whos attacks n stuff are flying around O_o
Its so blurry and sluggish somewhat.

Especially the one-eyed ghouls actions are so hard to figure out sometimes ...
Somehow it was a lot cleaner in the prequel ...
Dec 5, 2015 9:54 PM

Dec 2014
This chapter was actually more clean than the last one, and I could understand more, but I get what you mean.

It isn't in reallity, although Ishida's style has evolved. The thing is that the scanlating teams darken the chapters every time for some reason. I don't understand why they do it but it happens every chapter. Look up some previous discussions, an user named Z4k posted pictures of the release in Japan and the scanlated one in comparison.
Dec 5, 2015 10:47 PM

Jul 2014
*orgasm intensifies*
Dec 5, 2015 10:56 PM

Nov 2013
What a chapter.... I fellt like riding a rolercoaster.

First of all, nice one Ishida for doing something most mangakas wouldn't do! I loved how all the "fuck TG it's bs, kaneki can't kill eto yet" shit got trolled. xD
As i thought she was just playing around again and i think did that on purpose to make her beloved Kaneki the king. She's so fucked up but damn, i can't stop liking her. One of the best villains ever ~

That face to face moment, wow! Touka hurry up and come back! Eto's pushing hard and already did the eyeball licking. xD

This chapter gets a SSS/5
Dec 5, 2015 11:01 PM
Dec 2015
I hope Eto doesnt die, best girl cant die just like that
Dec 5, 2015 11:11 PM

Jul 2010
Say hello to the One-Eyed King "Centipede".
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.