Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 8, 2015 2:58 AM

Jul 2014
lukeycow said:
Yeh, not quite sure how that happened :/. You'd think I'd never read it haha. Was just wondering if I was the only one who had trouble following this, guess so.

No you are not the only one... there are plenty of people like you and that is partly due to the IS scans. Everything is way too fucking dark in every chapter. You either take your time to read(i for one can understand pretty much everything "usually") or wait for the twistedhel chapters to come out. Go on their website and check if you find reading those easier.
Nov 8, 2015 3:42 AM
Sep 2013
ftsyzc said:
well, kanae is so handsome, not ugly lol or is it just me ? he was like nam taehyun .. (google it, you'll understand) but girl or boy, doesnt matter to me. so, she f****ing loves shuu? meh.. shu loves kaneki. kanae i hope you wont die... but even matsumae died (probably).. idk.

arima getting cooler and cooler to me lol "you wanna die bitch, huh?"

i f***ing loooove kaneki. my precious :))))))

so, maybe eto came to kill kanae, huh? what did she mean by saying "your parents failed in raising you." ?

ahh... that was one of my favourite chapters lol

That last line was said by Kaneki, he was telling an extract from his favorite book...look at the bottom right corner of the last page
No.
Nov 8, 2015 4:24 AM

Jul 2014
lukeycow said:
I read TG from chapter 50 to end and then TG:RE. Yeh its a pretty good idea to reread the chapters so I will probably do that. Just looked up Eto. Shes the Reporter and the One Eyed Owl? I have missed so much somehow. Always knew how the reporter somehow knew stuff but didnt realise they revealed her as the owl... Don't even know how that happened seeming I normally don't miss much in manga.

Eto is the author of the novels that Kaneki was a huge fan of. Her human name is Sen Takatsuki. I don't remember her being a reporter.
Nov 8, 2015 5:10 AM

Dec 2014
emxutaxmine said:
lukeycow said:
I read TG from chapter 50 to end and then TG:RE. Yeh its a pretty good idea to reread the chapters so I will probably do that. Just looked up Eto. Shes the Reporter and the One Eyed Owl? I have missed so much somehow. Always knew how the reporter somehow knew stuff but didnt realise they revealed her as the owl... Don't even know how that happened seeming I normally don't miss much in manga.

Eto is the author of the novels that Kaneki was a huge fan of. Her human name is Sen Takatsuki. I don't remember her being a reporter.
I think that he misunderstood her for a reporter because that one time she went to CCG to give information about Anteiku, I believe that she talked to Shinohara if my memory serves me.
Nov 8, 2015 5:24 AM

Jan 2011
one eyed ghoul showed i dont understand anymore ... what will happen next who die who will live ....
Nov 8, 2015 6:22 AM

Apr 2014
Truth4Lies said:
Honestly I cannot describe how disappointed I am with Ishidas decision to make another character seeminly male just to drop a bomb like haha jk it’s a girl
in disguise for shitty stereotypical reasons.

This post really reminds me of this person. Won't be surprised if its you.

Shitty stereotypical reason? That's just you and your shitty expectations.
Anyways it was foreshadowed and not because Ishida suddenly decided for it to happen. The kanji of Kanae (叶) is literally the female symbol ♀ turned 90 degrees.

Even her name is even commonly used for females.
Truth4Lies said:
Now for no reason Kanae is just a girl who disguises as a boy to be the heir, to be strong like his brothers.
Of course he’s a girl! We can’t have gay love. Now his love for Tsukiyama makes sense right? Hes a girl after all!!! Also his strong emotions, his weaknesses? Now it’s appropriate because he’s a girl.

Kanae's reasons weren't just to be strong. She wanted to continue the name and the bloodline of the Rosewalds which you obviously can't unless you're a male. Her family sacrificed themselves so she could survive and it would no surprise if she thought it would be her duty to continue the bloodline. This is just what's happening with Shuu right now. Not to mention, the manga was never about gay people or their identity issues so lol.

Truth4Lies said:
Kanae would have been just fine as an effeminate young man who has troubles with his “taboo” feelings for his cousin. Being gay and all. It would been a very solid interesting story, and different.

Truth4Lies said:
I don’t understand why we need to have this shitty trope twice, why was it necessary? It changes nothing, it’s just there to shock the readers.

What's wrong with being a female? Why do people like you (and tumblr) want to turn every female/male character into transsexual unicorn? Fuck off with your bullshit.

Edit: lol and now he deletes his post.
Z4KNov 8, 2015 6:44 AM
Nov 8, 2015 6:39 AM
Sep 2012
Craftworld_MM said:
emxutaxmine said:

I think that he misunderstood her for a reporter because that one time she went to CCG to give information about Anteiku, I believe that she talked to Shinohara if my memory serves me.

Yeh I did know that at least just had a bit of a blank there. I was thinking how she was talking to Hinami in the cafe and thought it was an interview for some reason...
Nov 8, 2015 6:54 AM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
Truth4Lies said:
Honestly I cannot describe how disappointed I am with Ishidas decision to make another character seeminly male just to drop a bomb like haha jk it’s a girl
in disguise for shitty stereotypical reasons.

This post really reminds me of this person. Won't be surprised if its you.

Shitty stereotypical reason? That's just you and your shitty expectations.
Anyways it was foreshadowed and not because Ishida suddenly decided for it to happen. The kanji of Kanae (叶) is literally the female symbol ♀ turned 90 degrees.

Even her name is even commonly used for females.
Truth4Lies said:
Now for no reason Kanae is just a girl who disguises as a boy to be the heir, to be strong like his brothers.
Of course he’s a girl! We can’t have gay love. Now his love for Tsukiyama makes sense right? Hes a girl after all!!! Also his strong emotions, his weaknesses? Now it’s appropriate because he’s a girl.

Kanae's reasons weren't just to be strong. She wanted to continue the name and the bloodline of the Rosewalds which you obviously can't unless you're a male. Her family sacrificed themselves so she could survive and it would no surprise if she thought it would be her duty to continue the bloodline. This is just what's happening with Shuu right now. Not to mention, the manga was never about gay people or their identity issues so lol.

Truth4Lies said:
Kanae would have been just fine as an effeminate young man who has troubles with his “taboo” feelings for his cousin. Being gay and all. It would been a very solid interesting story, and different.

Truth4Lies said:
I don’t understand why we need to have this shitty trope twice, why was it necessary? It changes nothing, it’s just there to shock the readers.

What's wrong with being a female? Why do people like you (and tumblr) want to turn every female/male character into transsexual unicorn? Fuck off with your bullshit.

Edit: lol and now he deletes his post.

take your transphobic self out of the forum and stop crying about how for once a character is not a straight white cis male
Nov 8, 2015 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
Truth4Lies said:
take your transphobic self out of the forum and stop crying about how for once a character is not a straight white cis male

>Acts like a misogynist and then proceeds to call me transphobic

Nov 8, 2015 7:15 AM
Jun 2014
Think someone has low reading comprehension skills.

I'm crine at someone pulling the race card for a japanese manga. This shit not even real.
PatchworkEdenNov 8, 2015 7:20 AM
Love ~
Nov 8, 2015 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
Z4k said:
Truth4Lies said:

>Acts like a misogynist and then proceeds to call me transphobic

Z4k, don't even try to reason with him, he's either a troll or.....really needs help.
Nov 8, 2015 7:19 AM

Apr 2014
PatchworkEden said:

Is that pointed towards me?
Nov 8, 2015 7:22 AM
Jun 2014
Z4k said:
PatchworkEden said:

No, you said nothing transphobic and the dude just twisted it to mean something completely opposite of what you said.
Love ~
Nov 8, 2015 7:23 AM

Apr 2014
PatchworkEden said:
Z4k said:

No, you said nothing transphobic and the dude just twisted it to mean something completely opposite of what you said.

Ah my bad since it was a bit vague.
Nov 8, 2015 7:25 AM

Aug 2014
This is supposed be a seinen manga yet the clearly homophobic mangaka cant portray properly a gay character without making a joke out of it(nico)
Nov 8, 2015 7:27 AM
Oct 2015
it probs wont happen but i want eto to help kaneki take control of his body and that will lead to him splitting from the ccg and maybe teaming up with ayato to get hinami back
Nov 8, 2015 7:31 AM

Mar 2014
I don't understand why some readers make such a big deal out of Kanae being a woman. The majority must have suspected it at some point so it's not some shocking revelation that we should lose our shit over.
Nov 8, 2015 7:37 AM

Mar 2015
Truth4Lies said:
This is supposed be a seinen manga yet the clearly homophobic mangaka cant portray properly a gay character without making a joke out of it(nico)

Stop being paranoid; there is no joke

Kanae was always intended to be a woman, you being paranoid over it doesn't means Ishida is a homophobic

get over it
Nov 8, 2015 7:37 AM

Aug 2014
danae_97 said:
I don't understand why some readers make such a big deal out of Kanae being a woman. The majority must have suspected it at some point so it's not some shocking revelation that we should lose our shit over.

Its not about Kanae being a woman or not its about the mangaka again erased a possibly gay character with this revelation and Ishida showing his true colors acting like he draws a f.cking shounen where only straight people exist.
Nov 8, 2015 7:39 AM

Jun 2011
Truth4Lies said:

You probably don't know who is the audience of the Weekly Young Jump.
CharlesMarlowNov 8, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 8, 2015 7:48 AM

Mar 2015
Truth4Lies said:
danae_97 said:

Its not about Kanae being a woman or not its about the mangaka again erased a possibly gay character with this revelation and Ishida showing his true colors acting like he draws a f.cking shounen where only straight people exist.

Why does he have the obligation of making gay characters for the sake of it? Smfh

TG :re focus is not on being a social justice warriors manga, now every seinen manga is obligated to have a homosexual character to pander to insecure people who need to feel represented in something?
Nov 8, 2015 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
What a surprise Kanae is actualy girl, maybe that is why she is always jealous with anyone close to Shu (Yandere)

Okay now Eto is making her move, I think Haise is going need his other hand and a backup
Nov 8, 2015 8:22 AM

Jul 2014
bruh... We're already in hell, but it seems that we're going even deeper. @truth4lies Show us the way man.
Nov 8, 2015 8:36 AM
Oct 2012
an information, imperial scans committed a new error in translation it seems that plan not fix, they wrote bloodline rather than verse.
Nov 8, 2015 8:47 AM
Aug 2014
Truth4Lies said:
danae_97 said:

Don't be freaking stupid. Ishida had already foreshadowed the fact that Kanae is a girl.
Ishida definitely isn't transphobic because he wouldn't even create characters like Mutsuki and Big Madam if he was. Big Madam wasn't even revealed to be a guy until his final moments. If you want Yaoi...there are a lot of other mangas to read.
Mutsuki is such a good character as well.
Tokyo Ghoul wasn't created to pander to people like you. Ishida has incredible writing skills and had properly foreshadowed things. If you can't appreciate that level of writing..then it isn't his fault.
Nov 8, 2015 8:55 AM
Oct 2012
The kanji of Kanae (叶) is literally the female symbol ♀ turned 90 degrees.

there was just always tips, the problem is that many fans never admit when they were caught by the author.
Nov 8, 2015 9:22 AM

Aug 2014
People are so transphobic, that as soon as they found out Kanae wasn't a cis male, they went out of their way to refer to him with pronouns he has never showed an interest in. it's like they wait for the opportunity to misgender someone :((
Not to mention it should say something that a few of these people are the same ones who dropped their shit over Mutsuki a year ago.
Nov 8, 2015 9:24 AM

Apr 2014
^ Obviously a bait
Nov 8, 2015 9:34 AM

Feb 2014
Acernos said:
an information, imperial scans committed a new error in translation it seems that plan not fix, they wrote bloodline rather than verse.

lol now i understood the last words are related to kaneki.
EustassKiddo !
Nov 8, 2015 9:46 AM

Nov 2014
When did Myanimelist turn into Tumblr? I didn't think I'd find butthurt people about Kanae in this thread, but it appears I was wrong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
Truth4Lies said:
People are so transphobic, that as soon as they found out Kanae wasn't a cis male, they went out of their way to refer to him with pronouns he has never showed an interest in. it's like they wait for the opportunity to misgender someone :((
Not to mention it should say something that a few of these people are the same ones who dropped their shit over Mutsuki a year ago.

Bruh... how deep do you want us to go? Are we going to take back everything that we lost ? All the brain cells? All the lost hours? Just say the word, we're already demons. We were molded by the fire that burns in this hell that people like you brought us. We can't allow Ishida to play us like a damn fiddle anymore.
Nov 8, 2015 9:48 AM

Nov 2014
Arcanix said:
lukeycow said:
Yeh, not quite sure how that happened :/. You'd think I'd never read it haha. Was just wondering if I was the only one who had trouble following this, guess so.

No you are not the only one... there are plenty of people like you and that is partly due to the IS scans. Everything is way too fucking dark in every chapter. You either take your time to read(i for one can understand pretty much everything "usually") or wait for the twistedhel chapters to come out. Go on their website and check if you find reading those easier.

Do people actually find IS hard to follow, or do they just skim over it? Yes, it's darker, but if you read it properly there's hardly anything you can miss.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 9:49 AM

Mar 2015
Truth4Lies said:

Tbh, just go back to tumblr already
Nov 8, 2015 9:51 AM

Jul 2014
Kvothe51 said:

Do people actually find IS hard to follow, or do they just skim over it? Yes, it's darker, but if you read it properly there's hardly anything you can miss.

Only the adorable ones find IS hard to follow...
Nov 8, 2015 10:57 AM
Oct 2012
ftsyzc said:
Acernos said:

lol now i understood the last words are related to kaneki.

well, Sasaki recalled that, and this part may refer to Sasaki / Kaneki and Eto.

"""Do people actually find IS hard to follow, or do they just skim over it? Yes, it's darker, but if you read it properly there's hardly anything you can miss.""""

is only a matter of observation, many fans do a superficial reading and skip the dialogues, it's like what happened to chapter 31.5, full of important things, but it was treated as "filler" by several people.

what bothers me in the IS are mistranslations, and persistence in not wanting to fix, even after being warned.
AcernosNov 8, 2015 11:07 AM
Nov 8, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
Sui Ishida : confusing your boners since 2011
Nov 8, 2015 11:54 AM

Mar 2013
Intensity overall- Again great chapter from Ishida sensei

Looking forward to next chapter !
Nov 8, 2015 12:02 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Sasaki's turned all badass now. Kanae's a girl... crap.

5/5
Nov 8, 2015 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
Can't believe people really want homo incest. That's some shit even hentai wont touch.
Nov 8, 2015 1:45 PM

Jan 2012
I just read ten chapters in a row, Ishida never disappoints me
Nov 8, 2015 2:17 PM

Sep 2014
So Haise remembers what he is supposed to be for Arima. I hope now that he will do SOMETHING about this, since he knows now a part of the truth.

Kanae is actually KAREN and a girl... WHY? Did this chaper explain the reasons or is it up to us to find the reasons?
If it's because she has to 'resurrect' the Rosenwald family, I don't understand that either. How, What?...
Her whole family died and she is now the only one alive.... Will she be next? In particular, next chapter or so?

Haise VS Eto will be HYPE for sure! Will Eto reveal some more cruel truths to Haise since she knows a little bit too much and likes playing with people's feelings?...

I guess next chapter we will have lots of Noro vs stuff pages and MAYBE Haise vs Eto.
Dragon5xDNov 8, 2015 2:23 PM
Nov 8, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
Bruuuh... Today we made so much progress in our hellish trip. After everything and when i thought that our progress will finally stop, here it comes the new leader, the new one, the new "Great one" to lead us even deeper.

And the first thing he tells us is this
Kanae is actually KAREN and a girl... WHY? Did this chaper explain the reasons or is it up to us to find the reasons? Her whole family died and she is now the only one alive.... Will she be next? In particular, next chapter or so?

Let's fucking go... deeper and deeper... there is no to stopping this wild ride, but seriously now. Do you even read these chapters?... i don't understand how you can ask this unless you read it on random websites that don't have the whole pages.

Edit: Nevermind, after you edited your message i realized that it's actually my bad. I shouldn't have said anything, the signs were there for me to see, but i was blind. I was blind and foolish. Sorry, btw it fits you well.
ArcanixNov 8, 2015 2:40 PM
Nov 8, 2015 3:12 PM

Sep 2014
Arcanix said:
Bruuuh... Today we made so much progress in our hellish trip. After everything and when i thought that our progress will finally stop, here it comes the new leader, the new one, the new "Great one" to lead us even deeper.

And the first thing he tells us is this
Kanae is actually KAREN and a girl... WHY? Did this chaper explain the reasons or is it up to us to find the reasons? Her whole family died and she is now the only one alive.... Will she be next? In particular, next chapter or so?

Let's fucking go... deeper and deeper... there is no to stopping this wild ride, but seriously now. Do you even read these chapters?... i don't understand how you can ask this unless you read it on random websites that don't have the whole pages.

Edit: Nevermind, after you edited your message i realized that it's actually my bad. I shouldn't have said anything, the signs were there for me to see, but i was blind. I was blind and foolish. Sorry, btw it fits you well.

I was asking why he was actually a girl in the sense of why is he a GIRL and HIDING her gender

PS: Nothing against you or something, but you need to chill really. Your comments give me a bad impression of you lately. I have the feeling you are always frustrated for whatever reason. Is there anything I should know?
Dragon5xDNov 8, 2015 3:22 PM
Nov 8, 2015 3:30 PM
Oct 2012
Dragon5xD said:
So Haise remembers what he is supposed to be for Arima. I hope now that he will do SOMETHING about this, since he knows now a part of the truth.

we still need to understand in which context it was said, depending on that, the meaning can change completely.
Nov 8, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2015
Dragon5xD said:
I was asking why he was actually a girl in the sense of why is he a GIRL and HIDING her gender[/u][/b]

Probably because only a male would be able to secure the family legacy ? At least that's what the chapter tried to say

It is a mulan-esque situation, can also be compared with
in Persona 4
Nov 8, 2015 9:00 PM

Mar 2014
Truth4Lies said:
danae_97 said:

Yeah... it's evident now that it's high time people stopped feeding your autistic ignorance.
Nov 8, 2015 9:53 PM
Jun 2014
After reading all the retarded comments.

Love ~
Nov 8, 2015 10:02 PM
Jan 2015
danae_97 said:

For my case , I actually thought Kanae was woman from the first chapter of TG:RE .. but change my opinion after see some certain chapters..so , I don't really understand what the big deal from Kanae being woman ? It just kinda explain her motive too
Nov 8, 2015 10:02 PM

Nov 2014
Truth4Lies said:
danae_97 said:

I feel you man, he didn't include a one eyed cat either! I'm so pissed, I can't believe he acts like there are no one eyed cats, I have one as a pet so I know for a fact they exist! It's sickening that ishida is a one-eyed-cat-phobe!!!
Nov 8, 2015 11:51 PM

Apr 2015
GreenBenjamin said:
Can't believe people really want homo incest. That's some shit even hentai wont touch.

you obviously never heard of the best anime ever, BnP
dont bother search it.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.