Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2015 4:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Tons of action and body shattered this chapter holy shit.

BODY USELESSSSSSSS. One hell of an earth shattering ending as well.
Oct 17, 2015 4:10 AM

Apr 2014
Holy shit this chapter was intense. People dying left and right.

Also Based Maid survived despite all the death flag. (For now at least)

>Gets killed by his own chainsaw

Fucking lold
Oct 17, 2015 4:13 AM

Apr 2015
This arc is too brutal. Now it's kinda a matter of who will survive, not who will die.
Oct 17, 2015 4:17 AM

Mar 2014
Okay chapter, the action was pretty good. Finally Kijima is out of the picture.
Oct 17, 2015 4:21 AM

Mar 2012
rip in pieces (literally)

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Oct 17, 2015 4:27 AM
Oct 2012
The only thing I can say is Holy shit, this chapter was tense, the part of Noro was tense, the death of hairu was tense and the death of Kijima was something worthy of a film from Quentin Tarantino.

and Kuramoto is in the shit.
Oct 17, 2015 4:31 AM

Apr 2015
RIP Hairu and Kijima. Mairo is the mvp this chapter.
And we finally get to see Saiko's kagune!!
Oct 17, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
rip hairu she deserved it doe she was pretty
Oct 17, 2015 4:53 AM

Dec 2014
-Plans won't really help you against Noro. They're way out of their league there, hopefully they won't be rash and get rekt. Good guy Takeomi and Noro the Snake. Suprise motherfuckers!! Don't die Kuramoto :((
-GIVE IT TO ME ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Jokes aside that bloodlust tho. Weapon like the one Arima uses, noice. Matsume looked so fucking epic in that scene while deflecting the strike. Mairo.....I salute you sir. Fucking Ishida putting loli Hairu to make us feel worse then we already do. SAVAGE!!!
-Get ready Kijima, you're next. Kijima has a worse sense of comaraderie then a ghoul. God, that dude is good. Matsumae may turn out to be my favorite female character in TG next to Akira and Touka if she lives.

-Haunting image at the end of a glorious chapter. After all that build-up, execution (pun not intended) has come. Kaneki vs Shu and Noro vs Kuramoto and QX next!! Can't wait.
Oct 17, 2015 4:58 AM

Dec 2013
A lot of CCG people dying in this chapter. R.I.P. Kijima and Hairu. Karma is a bitch.
Oct 17, 2015 5:03 AM

Jul 2014
The human eaters fucking survived and they killed the righteous CCG? Oh... fuck off!
Oct 17, 2015 5:26 AM
Sep 2014
EARTH SHATTERING!!!

I say we wait for confirmation of Kijima's death. Who knows, he may not be just an ordinary human...
Oct 17, 2015 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
Holy shit! Don't fuck with the Roses, the CCG got their ass handed to them in pieces.

Oct 17, 2015 5:57 AM

Aug 2010
CCG got so REKT it was hilarious XD
Ito brutally injured. Hairu lost her top half and Kijima just chainsawed himself in half lol

Ihe's Electricity Quinque panel looked awesome but Mairo's last spurts were EPIC AF!!!!
With half a body dude! Savage indeed!

Kijima getting his head cut in half and Dat "FUCK OFF" were so perfect together lol
I don't know if he's dead tho. He's got stitches all across his face. Who knows he may be resistant to this kind of shit.

I honestly underestimated Rose. Matsumae and Mairo alone did so much REKTing XD

The Noro part was amazing too. It's amazing that the Qs managed to do that much damage granted it doesn't mean shit but that's pretty much the same amount of damage Beasts like Yomo, Uta and Shu did to him in the AT arc.

Matsumae and Saiko are best girls of this arc. Ihe's loli flashback looking up to Arima was cute but she deserves her death.

Hopefully we'll be seeing Shu and Haise nxt chp. I can't wait to see how that concludes.
Oct 17, 2015 6:22 AM

Aug 2014
Thank fuck that Ihei died. I had a hard time trying to get myself to like her, but her complete lack of empathy for anything other than Arima was just chilling. Fuck Kijima too.
Let's just hope that the Q's squad and co. pull it through. I really hope they're gonna get to their senses and just run. Dude just regenerated his body back after getting it chopped in half, don't fuck with Noro.
Oct 17, 2015 6:52 AM
Sep 2013
Kijima got rekt (but I don't count deaths until I see he doesn't get back up) but
Ihei is dead **** I was hoping for her to pull through. When she pulled out that Quinque looked so badass.
Saiko Kagune tho!
Noro is just too much for them. Unless someone else comes I see more CCG getting rekt further.
Oct 17, 2015 8:03 AM

Oct 2014
Matsumae confirmed best girl.

Also, it appears I'm not the only one who finds that Kijima's death is fucking hilarious.

Fanculo.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Oct 17, 2015 8:36 AM
Jan 2015
More and more I think someone from Q's will be captured for ghoul operation experiments.
Oct 17, 2015 8:49 AM

Feb 2014
WOW WOW WOW ccg getting rekt WOW WOW WOW

yes ihei and kijima were the ones who deserved death ! but who is severed head, ihei or her man?

kijima's death, tho lol you deserved that, sadistic asshole!

MATSUMAE is officially one of my favorite characters !!!!!!!!!!!

Mairo was BA.

But Kuramoto ._. dont die.

saiko's kagune ............................. i didnt expect this, really.

now we have to wait one more week for shu & kaneki. DAMN!!
EustassKiddo !
Oct 17, 2015 9:04 AM

Mar 2014
I didn't expect Hairu to die like that and Kijima also
Oct 17, 2015 10:10 AM

Mar 2013
I wonder what kind of relationship Hairu had with Arima since we don't see him smiling that much. I hope Matsumae takes that T-HUMAN Quinque since it seems like its gonna be a game changer if used against the CCG. Should increase her survival chances at the very least though unfortunately i get the feeling she will die to save Shuu before this arc is over.
Oct 17, 2015 10:38 AM

Feb 2012
Hooray for Matsumae! I mean, I didn't hate Hairu, but Hairu vs Matsumae is no contest. Matsumae is a fliippin' knight man, I mean, best? Also, so many deaths. (Haha, Kijima tastes chainsaw.)

Cookie was actually being cooperative in this chapter – hooray for kinda sorta compassion! (He's growing!)
I do like how the dire straits ended up bringing out the best in everyone. Arguably.

That Saiko though. It's a spine?
Ofc it's alive; it's Noro. Noro will never die. Noro's probably not even a person. Noro's probably just Eto being Eto. Detached. Somehow. I haven't thought this through.

And Shirazu remains shocked. (He's been kind of frozen for a while now.)
Also, who exactly died? Did he have a name? Should I care? (Nice opening though.)

Is Itou-Ittou gonna die.

TG:re's anniversary is brutal.

Oct 17, 2015 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
LordRoku said:
rip hairu she deserved it doe she was pretty

Lol my thoughts exactly. Pretty to look at but total bitch to ghouls.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kijima live somehow though.

And of course Noro wouldn't go down that easy. It's fucking Noro-those two squads are fucked.

Such a beastly chapter and we didn't even see Kanae or the Haise/Shuu fight.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Oct 17, 2015 11:12 AM

May 2014
HOLY ****.

I REALLY didn't expect hairu to die just like that.. Even when I saw her head get cut off I was still waiting for her to pull something..
But this doesn't even end things yet! KIJIMA GOT FKING REKT, WITH HIS OWN CHAINSAW! lmao

Matsumae FTW, and that guy's sacrifice was not in vain! BA
Saiko having such a HUGE kagune surprised me, but it explains her "powerful attacks"

I'm still not gonna rule out Kijima being dead yet.. I think he's covered in stitches for a reason and he's gonna surprise everyone next (Please survive Matsumae T^T)
Also expecting Saiko to get captured by Noro or someone else.

I wonder how Kanoro, Ui and Amon will fit in all this.. There is a lot going on here.
The thing I'm most excited about is how the Shuu and Sasaki thing will end..

Damn, so many things happened yet we still have a lot to be resolved.
5/5 chapter, last page was brutal, even if Kijima survived or not.

Oct 17, 2015 11:17 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Well there goes best girl Hairu... New best girl Matsumae! Also lol at Kijima dying by his own chansaw!

5/5
Oct 17, 2015 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Whoa, these death were much unexpected, I didn’t want Hairu to die, I just thought that after her injury Kijima would finish the others off. Admittedly I was conflicted when Hairu and Matsumae had to fight considering I liked the both of them and if I had to choose between the two it was definitely going to be Hairu but what’s done is done. Somewhat happy that it was not Matsumae that finished Hairu off but still a bit upset over the death.

Kijima’s death though lol, one of the more fucked up ways to die in this series, mowed down by your own weapon and in such a way ouch, even if it was accidental! At least Mairo took some people with him…

Ito and the Qs are in some serious shit! Noro is still as monstrous as always, and speaking of monstrous, I know Saiko’s kagune must have been something since Ishida even when out of his way to hide it during the Auction arc, but that thing is very surprising, to think that was her kagune all along.

Loving the amount of confidence Mutsuki is displaying in these last few fights, even though in the past he was not one to sit and just let the enemy walk all over him, his attitude now compared to then, loving it. Urie is still mostly about his goals but now he is looking out for his team mates.

So I imagine that the rest of the squad that was with Kijima and Hairu might not be up to fight off Matsumae or maybe they are not strong enough to fight her, I could be wrong, but this will mean it might be easier for her to get to Tsukiyama now.
Oct 17, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2013
Thank you based Ishida!
Oct 17, 2015 12:26 PM

Mar 2015
Oh shit........ that was fast
I was ready for Hairus death since the last chapter,but Kigima went too fast,i thought he will do something at least before his death,or that we will get a flashback about him explaining his story,maybe we will get that later.
RIP Hairu and Kijima.well, at least we still have urie.
MonstrumOct 17, 2015 12:30 PM
Oct 17, 2015 1:34 PM
Apr 2015
Aside from Kuramoto's predicament, this chapter was just so incredibly satisfying - although it's probable that Kijima has something up his sleeve. Hairu, on the other hand... Good riddance indeed. A vile woman.
Oct 17, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2014
This was honestly one of my favorite chapters of :re so far. Hopefully next chapter we see Shuu vs Haise and a bit more of Noro vs Qs squad.
Alcatraz_ZombieOct 17, 2015 7:46 PM
Oct 17, 2015 3:23 PM

Jan 2015
This chapter was kinda crazy.

I didn't really like that hairu died because she could've easily gotten character development to become a better person in the future, just look at juuzou now. It's too late now but i guess she MIGHT get that kureo mado treatment in future chapters (character development by flashback through koori ui maybe??) and maybe she had a motive as well. I thought that there was still alot to improve or even show about her character for her to die now; remember she was talking and trying to get along with the qs, she was involved with anteiku raid, she was watching haise when she was first introduced etc. None of this was brought up again by ishida, that's why i think she might just get that kureo mado treatment. The biggest problem I have is how she died, she ultimately died because she slipped on blood....I don't know i just think that ishida could've killed she off alot better than that, she bascially died by cause of accident.......yea. Even though I liked her, it would have been WAAY better to just flat-out kill her off without the "slipping on blood situation" IMO.

Kijima isn't dead, i'm just not convinced until we still the next few chapters. It was kinda too quick and sudden, he didn't even get to fight lol, he might be ghoul or something crazy. I still think he's with the organization V as well.

Saiko (followed by mutsuki) is still at the top of the list to get captured by noro or someone. Noro might have gotten impressed at saiko's attack just now, since the last time we saw noro take serious damage it took shuu, uta & yomo just to make him display his healing abilities, he didn't even fight back (iirc).
Oct 17, 2015 4:37 PM
Apr 2014
Man Hairu died way too fucking quick. She could of been easily developed without being killed off immediately. Like wtf she was introduced in 10 chapters and was killed of immediately through an incident like blood. I mean that doesn't bode well for me.

Also what's up with people saying Hairu deserved to die. By that logic Matsumae deserves to die as well considering she killed a bunch of Humans and did human trafficking. Matsumae isn't innocent either as some seem to imply.

Great chapter but the Hairu incident got me a bit salty.
Oct 17, 2015 5:04 PM

Nov 2011
IMO, Ishida might just create Hairu and Kijima to be interesting and full of potential so people don't expect him to killed them off so suddenly, that's how life is.

Oct 17, 2015 5:14 PM

Oct 2014
Several people angered by the death of Hairu, but I also think it was too early for her to die, but for me between her and the Matsumae I prefer the Matsumae stay alive (which now seems possible if it kill all the doves who have seen your face).

What about Kijima, this turnaround was unexpected for me after what happened to hairu, but if he is alive he's a ghoul that far surpasses the recovered rate of Noro, it would be ridiculous, but who knows ...
Oct 17, 2015 6:12 PM

Sep 2008
FunkyNano said:
I'm gonna bet that Saiko will be kidnapped by Noro/Aogiri. Both Kanou and Eto have demonstrated interest in the Quinx surgery, and Saiko called herself the "fairy of the chateau" (a myth about a girl that went missing) when she was talking to Uta.

Yeah, I agree.
I also think it will be Saiko.
Oct 17, 2015 7:56 PM
Apr 2015
In real life, those seemingly insignificant accidents - such as slipping on blood - are sometimes all it takes. We're not all entitled to go out in style.

Nobody's really saying that Matsumae is "innocent"; it's not the taking of people's lives that invokes our repugnance of Hairu's character. What was truly likeable about her personality? She was sneaky, insinuating, and arrogant. While it's true that she could have been redeemed along the road with the right character development, why should Ishida HAVE to manipulate us into pitying her past, for instance? He's actually breaking the conventional archetypes and paradigms so prevalent in manga/anime by demonstrating how brutal the battlefield really is.

Having read a few comments here, I have to inquire; would readers truly care about Hairu if she weren't so pretty? (¬w¬)
Oct 17, 2015 8:05 PM

Apr 2014
Get fucked Hairu. GET FUCKED KIJIMA.
Oct 17, 2015 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
good chapter we get some action
Oct 17, 2015 8:18 PM

Sep 2013
They will obviously be back in some way.
Saiko has a monster sized kagune huh :O
Oct 17, 2015 9:10 PM
Apr 2014
LicorisRadiata said:
In real life, those seemingly insignificant accidents - such as slipping on blood - are sometimes all it takes. We're not all entitled to go out in style.

Nobody's really saying that Matsumae is "innocent"; it's not the taking of people's lives that invokes our repugnance of Hairu's character. What was truly likeable about her personality? She was sneaky, insinuating, and arrogant. While it's true that she could have been redeemed along the road with the right character development, why should Ishida HAVE to manipulate us into pitying her past, for instance? He's actually breaking the conventional archetypes and paradigms so prevalent in manga/anime by demonstrating how brutal the battlefield really is.

Having read a few comments here, I have to inquire; would readers truly care about Hairu if she weren't so pretty? (¬w¬)

I would care if she were to get more character development and more info about her past. I mean right now it just seemed like Hairu and Kijima were wasted potential as well as character designs. Like what was the point of their characters if they were to just get killed off in like a few chapters. Seriously I love Tokyo Ghoul but that power of feelings and the torso scene was absolute bullshit.

I mean I still love the series it's just that specific point made me bit frustrated. Still I enjoyed the chapter a lot.
Oct 17, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2013
This is why i love this Manga. You don't need fights in every damn chapter, but when we get one Ishida delivers! Great and intense chapter ~

I find it sad that Ihei had to die though. I like Matsumae and it's cool to see her trying her best and be a badass, but i wanted to see more of Ihei. The flashback with Arima confirmed to me that if Ishida developed her, she would've turned out to be a very awesome character. There was for sure more to her besides that crazy ghoul killing girl.. rip!!

Holy shit Saiko! Finally we see her in action and then this. Loving her huge Kagune and i'm so hyped to learn more about it. It makes me worried for her though. Eto might be interested in her and when she gets kidnapped it would be bad for our kawaii Saiko.

The other highlight in this chapter was Urie. Ishida kudos to you for how you develope his character. He can play that asshole role and be as much as tsundere he wants to , but even he knows that he cares for his friends now. Stay this way and be an amazing character who is needed to wreck shit in the future ~

Well, Noro being Noro was no surprise. He appears and chaos starts right away. If no wonder happens for the ccg, the rest of them can say rip as well..
Oct 18, 2015 12:38 AM

Apr 2014
AquaWateria said:
I would care if she were to get more character development and more info about her past. I mean right now it just seemed like Hairu and Kijima were wasted potential as well as character designs.

That's just how life is and this pretty much reminded me of some scenes in Game of thrones book where interesting newly introduced characters die without even living up to their full potential. Nothing wrong with subverting expectations.
AquaWateria said:
Like what was the point of their characters if they were to just get killed off in like a few chapters.

You should wait until the aftermath of this arc. Most people had the same sentiment regarding Nutcracker but that changed real quick.

AquaWateria said:
Seriously I love Tokyo Ghoul but that power of feelings and the torso scene was absolute bullshit.

Teamwork, luck and instinct to kill is power of feeling now? Also its "power of friendship/love" and no, that's not how the trope works. Anyways if you're referring to Matsumae's flashback then what Mirumo actually meant was that she should fight with the intent to kill and not to hold back. I blame imperialscans for that small mistranslation but my point still stands.
Z4KOct 18, 2015 5:58 AM
Oct 18, 2015 5:08 AM

Jul 2010
Fucking hell. So brutal.
Oct 18, 2015 5:25 AM

Jun 2011
Furuta is fucked if he doesn't run like hell.
Fox Eyes dude is also kinda fucked.
CharlesMarlowOct 18, 2015 5:33 AM

Oct 18, 2015 5:56 AM

Mar 2014
Piccolo would be mad angry at Saiko.
Oct 18, 2015 6:00 AM

Jul 2014
AquaWateria said:
Seriously I love Tokyo Ghoul but that power of feelings and the torso scene was absolute bullshit.

She slipped on fucking blood... what power of feelings are you seeing?
Oct 18, 2015 6:46 AM

Sep 2014
Holy shit.... The CCG & Quinx Squad vs Noro.... Saiko's kagune got FINALLY showed and yeah, it looks really really strong, hope it will be of any use. They will have difficulties to win against someone as Noro with such healing abilities for sure. What and who is Noro , I wonder. I still hope Saiko won't be taken by Noro and if it won't be the case, WHY IS AOGIRI IN LUNAR ECLIPSE? Is it to cause Shuu more pain by showing him Kanae? I wasn't planning on seeing Hairu dying so fast and so horribly, that really shocked me. And also Kijima... Is he dead? Well, I guess Tsukiyama's servants have really a strong bond with Tsukiyama. It's those feelings that are giving the servants their true power, I guess. I' m really curious and at the same time afraid for the next chapter and hoping we will see Haise. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tokyo Ghoul:re !!!
Dragon5xDOct 18, 2015 6:50 AM
Oct 18, 2015 7:05 AM

Feb 2014
LOL when i saw that photo it reminded me Kaneki's pierced eye

Oct 18, 2015 7:37 AM

Aug 2010
Don't **** with rose bitches!
Oct 18, 2015 8:02 AM

Feb 2011
No messing around, we like it that way! See you in hell Hairu & Kijima!
Forever Berserk
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.