Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 16, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pacing of this show feels good.

We got more action this episode with some ground infantry operation. I think the episode highlights a bit of what's at stake with their operation and the difficulty of it....

The enemies aren't very shy to try getting info out of them though. A sad fact but true when it comes to war. I feel bad for the Princess tbh:

GG Water Strider :>
Oct 16, 2015 9:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS BADASS AS FUCK LOL

I fucking LOVE the dialogue in the series and especially between Havia and Qwenthur....Man those two and their dynamic together is just so great

Havia and Qwenthur FTW!!! Way to go for reminding these fools about the true art of war...Heck way to go to the Princess and Frolaytia as well (Her Kimono tho >//<)....Praises and rewards were all well deserved for these guys

LMAO at how they got trolled in the end though xDDDD Best episode so far and slightly better than last week's
TokoyaOct 16, 2015 10:07 AM
Oct 16, 2015 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
Another very strong episode. Lots of talking for sure, but it wasn't dull at any point and made the action seem like an even greater pay-off. It was impressive the way that Qwenthur dealt with the Object like that, and I ended up feeling sorry for them for having to end up on the battlefield again after that.

Other than the CG fire on the destroyed Object (which looked awful), the only thing that bothers me is that the Object's self-destruct if they take enough damage. That seems like a ridiculous design flaw, and if it wasn't for that they'd have never destroyed the Object. I'm sure there's a good reason the Objects do that though.
Oct 16, 2015 10:15 AM

Jan 2012
So they manipulated the object's self-destruct mechanism to destroy it eh? Nice. Even nicer was Frolaytia's outfit at that party! :D Milinda was adorable too. Well boys you can't retire just yet. :D Good first arc, onto the second!
Oct 16, 2015 10:18 AM

Sep 2010
That was quick thinking by Qwenthur and Havia. It's too bad they have to continue being on the battlefield but hey, that would have been the end, right? XD

That is one lenient dress code if Frolaytia's kimono was appropriate. XD Milinda also looked cute in her dress.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 16, 2015 10:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Still unsure about this series, really not feeling it like i want to.
Oct 16, 2015 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
They where talking about POW laws while they are violating international laws themselves.
According to international law a 14 year old soldier is a child soldier the use of child soldiers is a war crime.
Armies are not allowed to recruit soldier under the age of 15 on top of that the must do everything they can so that soldiers under the age of 18 take part in hostilities.
I wonder how anime is going to justify a war crime this time.

In any case it doesn't look like they got a better position for the things they did.
Oct 16, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2010
Milinda is so cute <3 I just hope we'll see her being BA in action soon.

Surprisingly it's Qwenthur and Havia's interactions that make this series for me. They're pretty fun.

I guess the way they destroyed the Object made sense but the opponents were just so cliche with all their "Our God BLA BLA BLA BS" blabbering for minutes and not using the chance to just kill the main trio. Obvious Plot armor but w/e...

Nxt up a sea arc?
Oct 16, 2015 10:34 AM

Jun 2015
I actually enjoyed the episode this week. A lot more entertaining than the 1st 2.. paced out really nicely.. and its nice to see them pull through and get some exp together. Also nice to see them get commended and also deck out in formal wear.

I seem to hear a lot of static noise whenever explosions take place in this series... which annoys me a little.

Will continue on.

Oct 16, 2015 11:09 AM
Aug 2012
danieltortoisee said:
Other than the CG fire on the destroyed Object (which looked awful), the only thing that bothers me is that the Object's self-destruct if they take enough damage. That seems like a ridiculous design flaw, and if it wasn't for that they'd have never destroyed the Object. I'm sure there's a good reason the Objects do that though.

That self-destruct sequence is designed for preventing technology from falling into enemy hands and also to keep the object in check. They talked about this in episode 2.

Aversa said:
They where talking about POW laws while they are violating international laws themselves.
According to international law a 14 year old soldier is a child soldier the use of child soldiers is a war crime.
Armies are not allowed to recruit soldier under the age of 15 on top of that the must do everything they can so that soldiers under the age of 18 take part in hostilities.

Yes lets judge their world with rules from ours.........keep making pointless excuses.

And our world follows that rule pretty well right..........

Oct 16, 2015 11:09 AM

May 2013
This show has plotholes so large, I could fly the fucking Death Star through them.
Index guy should just go back to writing Index.

Oct 16, 2015 11:12 AM

Apr 2009
Ventris said:
This show has plotholes so large, I could fly the fucking Death Star through them.

At least the Death Star is a better thoughtout super weapon than fucking balls.
And I agree, he is "better" at writing bad battle academy harem stuff than writing war stories.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 16, 2015 11:16 AM
Aug 2012
Ventris said:

What plotholes? Please give some legit ones.

Oct 16, 2015 11:21 AM

May 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Ventris said:

Like, for example, that the side our "heroes" fight for conveniently maintains regular forces, despite them being established as totally useless and thus only a drain of resources. Meanwhile, the bad guys don't even guard their camp "because they are confident".

Or the fact that a supposedly highly advanced warmachine has no redundancies whatsoever for an obviously important system, no redundancies on its internal sensors and no failsafe to shut down in an emergency. My fucking car is better designed.

Oct 16, 2015 11:21 AM

Apr 2015
Wew, I loved it!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 16, 2015 11:24 AM

Nov 2012
Nice episode....
Well done by Qwenthur... He deserves another perv moment with Milinda....
Oct 16, 2015 11:36 AM

Nov 2011
Makes you wonder why no one probably thought of doing this before they did. Like maybe seal teams sabotaging and infiltrating enemy parts and stuff to easily win wars.
Oct 16, 2015 11:38 AM

Oct 2015
It keeps getting better, looking forward to more.
Oct 16, 2015 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
This series is still pretty meh to me but I will admit this was a pretty decent episode. Hopefully the rest of the series can keep up this momentum.

And lol, before havia and qwenthur got trolled at the end I thought the series was over. But then I remembered there's no way it would end after just 3 episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 16, 2015 11:50 AM
Jun 2014
Ventris said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Like, for example, that the side our "heroes" fight for conveniently maintains regular forces, despite them being established as totally useless and thus only a drain of resources. Meanwhile, the bad guys don't even guard their camp "because they are confident".

Or the fact that a supposedly highly advanced warmachine has no redundancies whatsoever for an obviously important system, no redundancies on its internal sensors and no failsafe to shut down in an emergency. My fucking car is better designed.

Yeah the part where they sneak into the giant warehouse with zero resistance seems entirely nonsensical to me. It's beyond idiotic and just lazy writing. It's like why make the main characters smart when the villians can be a bunch of morons.
Oct 16, 2015 11:50 AM
Jul 2012
Ventris said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Those aren't plot holes. That's more of the author's writing style he didn't create the stuff to have that. And the heroes didn't take much damage before and soldiers did evacuate so when they sent the message it wasn't like they were far away to begin with. It's more of the author didn't plan on creating much details in the series but it's not plotholes.
Oct 16, 2015 11:55 AM
Aug 2012
Ventris said:

First Generation Object VS Second Generation Specialized Object...........latter needs more maintenance, more cost and resources. Their Object is powerful and can support them even while undergoing maintenance. They have a weapon specialized for the terrain........so they should focus more on that.

Ventris said:

Ummm the sensor is there to detect the changes and stop the self-destruct device from activating. So removing it will cause the self-destruct device to activate in case of an explosion. The elite or the commander were late to take action since they were focused on the explosion and the all important sensor was not there either. By the time they realized it, it was too late.

There is a failsafe system but it takes time.......it was already mentioned that the princess was trying to stop her Object from self-destructing and got hit (in episode 2).

Oh btw you don't really believe you understand how your shitty car is designed considering you make plotholes in your head.
Dragon_Slayer_XOct 16, 2015 1:16 PM

Oct 16, 2015 12:05 PM

Feb 2015
The' Objects' still look fecking awful but the series is improving
Oct 16, 2015 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
That was a smart way to defeat the enemies' Object.
Oct 16, 2015 12:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
For a moment i thought i was watching Arslan Senki with his speech about his god.
Oct 16, 2015 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
DatRandomDude said:
For a moment i thought i was watching Arslan Senki with his speech about his god.

Ayy this guy knows the feel and touch given by a good anime :3
~~
So ..okay this episode was not that bad .. I loved it kinda.. ignoring the complete absence of any sound planning of war and throwing logic out of the bin this seems a good series.
Well.. so in a nutshell this series is like hopping from one battlefield to other where our heroes bravely defeat them all..
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 16, 2015 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS BADASS AS FUCK LOL

I fucking LOVE the dialogue in the series and especially between Havia and Qwenthur....Man those two and their dynamic together is just so great

Havia and Qwenthur FTW!!! Way to go for reminding these fools about the true art of war...Heck way to go to the Princess and Frolaytia as well (Her Kimono tho >//<)....Praises and rewards were all well deserved for these guys

LMAO at how they got trolled in the end though xDDDD Best episode so far and slightly better than last week's

All this^
Oct 16, 2015 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
They destroy a freaking object, and get celebrated as heroes and they think they'll enjoy a nice relaxing life after that, only to get screwed over and sent to another battlefield lol XD.

That sexy kimono tho
Oct 16, 2015 12:34 PM

Jul 2015
Mhm, great episode. For some reason it felt like i was watching the final episode. Looking forward for the next episode.
Oct 16, 2015 12:35 PM

Oct 2008
This was the best of the 3 episodes so far. Not bad I guess. I don't really feel excited watching it but maybe things will get more interesting. I get a strong "target audience: male only" feeling from this show though.

I hope I'm not the only one who finds the OP song awful as hell.
Oct 16, 2015 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
HAHAHA this is what i was waiting for, from Heavy Object. Nice Plan! :D
Oct 16, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
komasan said:
This was the best of the 3 episodes so far. Not bad I guess. I don't really feel excited watching it but maybe things will get more interesting. I get a strong "target audience: male only" feeling from this show though.

I hope I'm not the only one who finds the OP song awful as hell.

Unfortunately the majority of animes focus more on male audience, should be indeed more balanced...
Oct 16, 2015 1:16 PM
Aug 2012
This episode was perfectly adapted.........hell Heavy Object must be the most well-adapted LN this season till now. Everything was explained well enough and people who come up with non-existent plotholes need to pay ATTENTION.

The trolling at the end, poor guys lost their motivation and already at their next mission. It looks like next one will be 2-part as well so we may get 7 episodes for Volume 1 and that's a lot. I really wish other LNs would get similar treatment especially AMA.

Oh salty indexfags, no matter how much you whine and try to find non-existent plotholes, HO isn't getting less episodes and neither is Index getting another season. How about you guys get your priorities straight and focus on the upcoming NT volume.....
Dragon_Slayer_XOct 16, 2015 1:40 PM

Oct 16, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
better than the last two episodes

poor guys at the end
Oct 16, 2015 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
A Hideo Kojima Anime...
METAL GEAR OBJECT!

This episode was...so GOOD!
It's a nice pacing, good action. One of the good anime of the season.

also; The world's strongest weapon..destroyed by a single soldier.
Big Boss approves this anime!
Oct 16, 2015 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
So in the future people still use religion as an excuse for war. You would think it would be something about oil or water but still.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 16, 2015 2:17 PM
Aug 2012
Steven15ify said:
So in the future people still use religion as an excuse for war. You would think it would be something about oil or water but still.

Where did you get that idea? The war was still about region and resources. The just talked about their beliefs.

Each world power has different beliefs. For Faith Organization it's religion.

Oct 16, 2015 2:20 PM
Aug 2012
VanishingKira said:
This is where volume 1 ends,wonder what's to come.

Doubt it'll get better.

Part 1 of Volume 1....still 2 more parts to go.

Oct 16, 2015 2:22 PM

Oct 2015
I liked everything about this episode. Strategies , planning , development, emergency gamble , Quenser stance against the enemy captain ... I loved it , all that does not like me at all, was Milinda dress , I mean, it was cute and but some.."picnic-like" would have worn something more formal.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Oct 16, 2015 2:30 PM

Dec 2013
Still think this is a very meh series. Seems really convienient that it activated it's self destruct,

The girl looked pretty cute in the dress :3
Oct 16, 2015 2:39 PM

Oct 2014
Thought this episode was rather good. Unsure about the series overall, but I do really feel that it has potential to become good.

And damn, that kimono. ;))) <33
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2015 2:51 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Luckily I didn't drop this anime 'cause no it's getting good. Overall this arc started poorly, but delivers at the end, curious to see how the second arc will be.

4/5
Oct 16, 2015 2:56 PM
Mar 2014
Some thoughts and comments:
Pt 1
Self Destruct Mechanism: Meant to prevent the leakage of classified materials. Seems like an idiot designed it but the description is rather vague.
From the LN:
"The device is controlled by precision sensors, so it almost never activates unnecessarily.”
The enemy soldier immediately realized what the rectangular circuit board was.
However, it was too late to do anything about it.
“But if that sensor is removed from a turbine that blows up, do you think it can make an accurate decision?'"

So if the sensors report the state of sections of the object to the self destruct system, and the self destruct activates when a single sensor goes quiet, a glaring problem is present. By this understanding, if a sensor malfunctioned the object would blow up. so it may blow up by itself -.-. Only way around this would be a manual cancel from the pilot elite.

But since the object blew up anyway, it can be concluded that unless the pilot had a death wish, there was no deactivation process. This may be to prevent the elite from surrendering his/her object in exchange for safety/other rewards.

so most likely and logical explanation of the self destruction mechanism is that the sensors determine the extent of the damage. Since the sensor was removed it assumed it lost a whole leg and was therefore unable to continue battle, and then terminated itself. But then this can be blamed on crappy software, as it equates unknown = screwed = boom

oh and the sensors would likely be impossible to jam. Using a wireless communication for this is just stupid.
Oct 16, 2015 2:57 PM

May 2015
Enjoyed this episode. Good game Water Strider, that takedown was impressive. That Frolaytia though, hhhnnngggg.

Oct 16, 2015 3:07 PM
Mar 2014
Comments and thoughts pt 2
OP: Am I the only one not terribly impressed by this.

Faith Organization Base: More of a maintenance facility actually. They assumed they won and let their guard down. It is unheard of for actual soldiers to retaliate after their object has been defeated.

As to why special ops targeting maintenance facilities are not practiced its to ensure the continued presence of "clean" battlefields between the 4 major powers. Generally speaking, only an object can take on another object, so after onside losing all of theirs the battle is over. But if foot soldiers were to be viewed as an actual threat then it would be increasingly for the losing side to be slaughtered. Also these expensive objects are a huge source of profit. Those involved in building them must rake in a lot. If objects are known to be less than invincible against anything other than an object, countries may hesitate to build as much (diversify the military) or lower how much they are willling to pay for one.
The dialogue between Quensar and Hevia is pretty awesome.
looking forward to the next arc.
Oct 16, 2015 3:09 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty good episode.
To be honest i can understand their overconfidence, having a metal gear makes guards lazy. Also their achievement is probably the in-universe equivalent of disarming a nuclear bomb....mid-air.....with boxing gloves.

On the other hand the fan service is really unnecessary and totally random.
Oct 16, 2015 3:14 PM

Nov 2014
wow, the plot device is real.

hime-sama is soo annoying, why can't she kept where she was? ah, no wait if that doesn't happen there was no way they can show themselves their plan to destroy the object.

The episode was decent though.
error5000Oct 16, 2015 3:23 PM
Oct 16, 2015 3:27 PM
Oct 2014
The biggest of explosions.
Oct 16, 2015 3:33 PM

Jun 2015
Awesome episode, Loved it but uhhhh,..........how did they survive that BIG ASS EXPLOSION?!!!
Oct 16, 2015 4:17 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ventris said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Let me back peddle things for you guys because it seems like nobody paid attention to the first episode

1. This is an age where warfare such as what we IRL are used to LITERALLY became OBSOLETE.

2. Society has become wholeheartedly dependent on the use of Objects hence why its literally Object v Object and when one loses that's the end of the "war" and the consequences is that the losers lose their territory or whatever it is that's at stake

3. I dunno.....Considering what I said above, one would think that since said people CLEARLY has the superior Object which means that they clearly are superior in general and since they completely decimated our heroes' camp which was something that our heroes did not see coming (Which would then make you think that they would obviously be on the run and wouldn't even dare to fight back) one would think that they would act all high mighty about it as well as be so nonchalant....Considering how cocky these pricks were in episode 2 how is this even a surprise?

4. As I stated before and pretty much what was the point of this episode/the point of everything that Qwenthur preached in this episode, this a world where people have literally no use to be that militaristic especially when they JUST FUCKING WON A "WAR" and our heroes (Special and gifted guys at that mind you) decided to kick it old school like real soldiers and prove just how vulnerable this new art of war is

5. Somebody already explained the maintenance stuff so I won't go there...Also paying attention during episode 1 would have also helped with this as well -_-

I swear people have to nitpick on every single damn thing -_-
TokoyaOct 16, 2015 4:31 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.