Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 26, 2015 1:22 PM
Sep 2015
i created an account just to tell how bad that anime was, probably one of the worst if not the worst anime i ever seen.
cliché characters (the ainz wannabe,the klutz,the timid girl, the tsundere...), boring story (i felt like they were no story at all just 12 episodes of fan service and bullshit, sometimes i didn't even knew who the main protagonist were was it kanata? the girls? yuri?) and maybe the worst thing ever: that last episode who made me realize that i wasted my time.
overall I'll give it 2.5/10 just for some scenes who made me expect something form this anime and stopped me from dropping it way earlier (kanata fight scene against the giant insect and some rare other scenes)
Sep 26, 2015 3:11 PM
Jul 2012
If you ask me, I said that chairwoman uses the destruction of city as an excuse for not fulfill the promise after E601. What a sore loser.
Sep 26, 2015 9:56 PM

May 2014
Was this more like a promtionl type of anime becues there was to many holes the clost i feel i got to learning about kanata is a bit of whst his power is called and denished effect type to many holes throught the anime
Sep 27, 2015 12:26 AM
Jul 2015
In Kuusen, only magic weapon-based attacks can harm the bugs, since ordinary weapons would just have no damage against the bug´s Magical Armor, since they are 虫 with 魔甲 (Magic Armor). Magic Armor can only be harmed by Sky Wizard´s magic-based weapons. So, for example, if those bugs appear for real in our world, and I try to shoot them with an M-16 rifle or 30 mm cannon, it won´t do any damage to them. Only magic attacks from Sky Wizards can.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Sep 27, 2015 2:37 AM

Dec 2013
Best possible ending to a relatively sordid show.
Even though watching it was enjoyable in its own way, this show was one to forget.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 27, 2015 3:00 AM

Mar 2013
That ending with the cake,
too awesome :)
Sep 28, 2015 12:59 AM
Mar 2012
blue trollfaces~~
From Diomediocre generic harems, this was relatively good. Pleasant violin osts, calming atmosphere, rare case where all the main crowd is likeable (-Yuri), even bakka tsun Misora had character development, & Kanata keeps things funny not annoying.
Also on show with unique teaching methods, this has better art than Denpa Kyoushi, better character designs & personalities, but both very crappy animation. Diomedia did seem to improve with Kancolle & this.
Sep 28, 2015 3:51 AM

Mar 2008
06/10! Bad Final episode!
Sep 28, 2015 12:23 PM

Jul 2009
Honestly just watched this show mainly for Kanata and Lecty.

The cake at the end was really cute though.

The show overall was REALLY cliche and generic but still entertaining nonetheless.

7/10.
Sep 29, 2015 5:39 AM

Nov 2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this show for some reason, it was just really fun to watch in my opinion. 9/10 (Think I just have shit taste LOL)
Sep 29, 2015 9:29 PM
Jul 2015
I hope they make season 2. Why ?Cute silver-haired girl named Blair joins E-601 in LN vol 3, and Kanata-Yuri dialogues are so funny. Then, in vol 4, character development from Rico and Freon, and more mayhem from bugs.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 2, 2015 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
So this crap is finally over. Good riddance.
Oct 3, 2015 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
Never forget ice cream guy.
Oct 15, 2015 2:49 AM
May 2011
Man i hate power of friendship winning.

only decent thing about this show was Rico. Every other character was shit.

Kanata would have been fine if he actually did something.

Fighting scenes were all boring, and consisted mostly of them floating around pew pewing at each other.
Nov 1, 2015 5:42 AM
Jul 2008
Ophis said:
Never forget ice cream guy.

Nov 6, 2015 6:17 AM

Jun 2011
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
One thing I would like to talk about is about measuring how good an anime adaptation of an LN series could be. It is measured, in my opinion, of how many readers could finish reading the first volume without stalling for a long time or quitting. For example, when I read vol 1 of Kuusen for the first time, I finished reading it in a few days, since the heroines were likeable, especially Lecty, Rico, Chloe and Yuri, and I also liked the sense of speed and intenstity in the action
scenes, as well as Chloe and Kanata´s OP magic blasts and sword techniques. However, when i read Juuou Mujin no Fafnir LN vol 1 for the first time, i only read halfway before giving up, since the story is too boring, the heroines lack charisma and character, and the MC is too serious, robotic, and lacks humor, compared to Kanata. The interactions in Fafnir also seemed pretty forced, unnatural and robotic, compared to Kuusen, which has far more funny and interesting dialogue in slice of life scenes. So, since Fafnir vol 1 was so boring and bland for my taste, I dropped it. Now, i have watched both series´ anime adaptations, and my reviews of both mirrored my LN reviews. Juuou is more boring, bland and uninteresting compared to Kuusen. In fact, almost all harem animes are better than Fafnir. That includes Seirei Tsukai, if you just ignore the super-annoying Claire Rouge. She is my most hated anime character so far, but at least the series as a whole was far more interesting and entertaining than Crapnir. Absolute Duo was good, and the characters are much better than Fafnir, but the plot was too cliche and ordinary compared to Seirei Tsukai and Kuusen. Both Kuusen and Seirei Tsukai would have suffered the same fate of a cliche plot driven by harem icha icha, which could get repetitive after a long time, but surprise elements like Jio Inzagi, Velsaria, cool OP MC like Kamito and Kanata, and crazy stalker keeps pulling us back for more.
I honestly think that you're trying too hard, and you care too much about what others think of a series you like. There is no need to justify your liking of a series at all, everyone has different taste. In my opinion, you should not try to put down another series just to prove that a series you like is better, which you constantly do, to the same few other series.

This series would have been more enjoyable had it not annoyed me with certain moments. I honestly did enjoy those jealous moments from Yuri and Misora, and those surprised moments from Lecty and Rico (sometimes jealousy), and I enjoyed the harem/slice of life aspect of the series, but those serious moments are.. not very well handled to my liking. Sometimes they pulled out a little too many cheesy moments out of nowhere, which do not fit the series. Some stereotypical harem/ecchi stuff also happened without reason, other than just being there, like sudden boob grabbing (logic much?), or just happened to witness the girls naked, or seeing Yuri naked because the girls changed for her (well turning around isn't an option apparently), and etc. Those almost felt like parody because of how comical and senseless they are.

Well I've made it to the end despite my complaints, so it's at least enjoyable to a certain extent. Would watch a second season if it gets one, I like Kanata and more Kanata x Yuri moment would be great.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 10, 2015 3:08 AM
May 2009
Problems could be seen with the animation from halfway through the series.
Rushed job. Shame.
Nov 11, 2015 7:10 PM

Nov 2013
Blackira96 said:
This show can compete with chaos dragon
for worst show of the season, 4/10 generously.

Laughable. This and Chaos Dragon are worlds apart.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 11, 2015 7:25 PM

Nov 2013
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Japanese boards commented on how the sense of speed in the action scenes are quite slow, even though this is aerial combat and flying http://blog.livedoor.jp/fumunizi/archives/1040953819.html?p=2 DBZ and Bleach depicted faster flying action animation scenes. Diomedea deserves to go bankrupt and put out of business for big failure and dissapointing viewers.

Funny, how random people are experts for ( fictional ) flight. And we don't know how fast they are, since we don't have a comparison. But they looked pretty fast in my opinion. Besides, what big failure are you talking about? And saying they deserve to go bankrupt, because they disappointed some viewers ( you ), is a bit harsh and conceited, don't you think?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 12, 2015 9:17 PM
Apr 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
This was so bad at times and the MC feigning innocence over the cake is just plain stupid. 4/10.

The worst part was the dialogue, even I can write a better script than that (I am a writer so it's easy :3)
Nov 14, 2015 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
What a shitty transformation. And how is it that he is alive? We clearly saw him becoming that monster, then once defeated, it looked like he was wearing a suit. And how is it that when he is killed he changes to normal? He injected that fluid into himself so... how? Final fight was lame but it was nice seeing Yuri doing the finishing touch. Cake was the only warm surprise that got out of me for this episode.

Overall, let's see... The setting is interesting, with monsters inhabiting the land below, and whole instructors and their subordinate system is interesting but felt flat as there was little shown. There are no other classes and no other instructors ever shown to make it all believable. You tell me that there are only two fucking mages patrolling around Mistgun city? And there was never a real threat shown from those beasts. Except for mutated stalkers...

The three girls were somewhat interesting and their training was nice too see. Everything else was snooze worthy. MC was boring as hell with his unchangeable tone of voice.

I want to give it higher but it would scar other shows that I somewhat enjoyed. This gets 4/10 from me.
Dec 9, 2015 7:46 AM

Aug 2013
Strange.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2015 6:50 PM

Jul 2014
This has to be one of the worst shit i have ever seen. And look at my ratings (i usually rate really high) but this was just bad. Yuri is the worst girl ever. and the final episode was just soooo pathetic. Waste of good characters such as Kanata and Rico
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jan 16, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2015
All of the mess are consequences of Yuri spilling drink on Creep's crotch. Interesting.

Aside from that, this is actually quite enjoyable if only they don't play those totally unfitting music for most scenes. I'm not saying the music aren't good, they just don't fit the atmosphere. Actually, they remind of of music usually used on JRPGs
Feb 5, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2012
As expected an average ending for a lower than average anime...

This was really a waste of time...
Mar 28, 2016 5:17 PM

Sep 2014
I can see why people are giving it low scores but.....

I liked it. 9/10

Forgive me and my tendency to enjoy things. MC was sugoi.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jul 29, 2016 11:08 PM

Feb 2013
Are you kidding me? Is this really the final episode? And even though they won the damn tournament thet got nothing? Fuck this shit. I'm out (FINALLY).
Nov 27, 2016 6:18 PM

Dec 2012
Yuri with the Gay Bulge defeating the Chimera Ant.

I knew the cake would say I love you. lol

Kanata playing dumb again and decides to go with the Yuri route. lol

I can't believe it took me a month to finish this when the previous show I watched right before this was 148 episodes and I finished that in 3 weeks.

Best part was the OP, ED, Kanata, Rico, and Lecty. Lecty went from 2nd best girl to waifu status with Rico. I love character development.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 21, 2017 1:32 AM

Sep 2016
I've seen better, both overall and talking about the same kind. It's nice at times and has some good ideas. Without infamy and without praise at the end.
Mar 14, 2017 3:13 PM
Apr 2015
I mean you can see the reason why people give this anime 6/10. Just look at their favorite anime lmaooo 1950s cartoons
Oct 14, 2017 8:07 PM
Nov 2013
This anime felt very average overall but had potential to be worlds better than it actually ended up being. A victim of a good idea that was mired into an end product that wound up being the epitome of mediocrity. So many bad character design decisions when it came to Kanata....it's almost like they were shooting for annoyance. I will mention a few:

1. Never showing any emotion to being labeled and repeatedly referred to as a traitor for all 12 episodes. Huh!!?! Even after it becomes apparent to everyone including the headmistress that he is no traitor and he's even one hell of an instructor he is still given no credit at all. Like what?!? On this note...why wouldn't he be angry about this? Totally unbelievable, as any normal sane person would be infuriated. On that note why was he referred to as a traitor? As far as I know he never committed any treasonous acts. He apparently was the sole survivor of an attack where the rest of his team was wiped out, okay....wouldn't it make a bit more sense if they called him a coward?

2. Not showing any romantic interest in any of the girls makes for one heck of a boring harem anime. None of the girls really showing a romantic interest in him outside of Yuri at the end with the cake (which he totally disregards for some reason that is beyond me).

I will give it a 5/10 for the good art (the anime girls were cute), and the story premise. It felt like the anime was rushed an incomplete. I wish they would have showcased the tournament a lot more. Devoting an episode to each tournament bout would have been nice. This anime could have been better with more episodes devoted solely to showcasing tournament bouts similar to Food Wars.
Apr 26, 2018 12:19 PM

Oct 2012
this prob wont get a 2nd season but I'd be happy for one.
Mar 7, 2022 2:42 PM
Dec 2021
good anime. quantum
Mar 22, 2022 2:53 AM

May 2020
Yeah, Bad adaptation if come from novel. Sesaon 2 not that bad since I love watching the girls. The concept and pacing are a bit weird. The plot too.
Jan 10, 2023 12:30 AM

May 2018
I don't know if Kanata is dense or just trying not to just care about it that much.

Aug 22, 5:38 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
These mother fuckers don't know what the word 'traitor" means.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2015

66 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2015

60 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2015

57 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

68 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2015

56 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.