Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 6, 2015 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very generic start so far...

It felt like the original Hidan no Aria series except it features more of a female cast without Kinji as the main focus. (he does appear though) Eh action was okay but the comedy really feels really blend. Akari is also a bit of an airhead.

The OP song:
Stark700Oct 6, 2015 8:16 AM
Oct 6, 2015 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
My thoughts about the episode:

[/spoiler]
Okay, The manga adaptation and it's animation was fine I guess. It's not fine at all!
The OP song and it's animation was good. And ED song and it's animation are fine.
I'll gonna continue to watch it. It's just that, they shouldn't rip-off the comedy or change the scenes so often.
And It's OP was sung by Nano! I'll definitely gonna get it's full version!
RayzerOct 17, 2015 11:32 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 6, 2015 9:06 AM

Jun 2014
came here for the nano op, nothing else xD
:3
Oct 6, 2015 9:10 AM

Jun 2012
where'd they unbury this from?

I vaguely remember the 1st season being dumpster-tier, so I suppose this one will be the same, or worse
Oct 6, 2015 9:17 AM

Apr 2014
samesdday said:

I vaguely remember the 1st season being dumpster-tier, so I suppose this one will be the same, or worse

This is a spin-off m8.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 6, 2015 9:59 AM

Nov 2009
samesdday said:

This is spin-off series made by Dogakobo, the different studo from than the one who did the main series (J.C. Staff).

You can think of it as "Railgun" of Hidan no Aria.
Oct 6, 2015 10:38 AM

Sep 2015
Who would have thought Hidan no Aria AA has an adaptation, of course i dont want to spoil what AA stands for.

Eventhou its called a spin-off, but its not actually all true, as there are many spoilers do happen in the main story. Light novel fans will know what i mean.

The animation quality in AA do seem better than the original one few years ago, can see through 4 years apart of animation quality. Well maybe its still just in episode 1, cant be so sure yet.

Btw the story is not half bad, its worth watching. Many people think its bad because the original anime years ago is bad. Animation is bad but that doesnt mean the story is bad.
Oct 6, 2015 10:46 AM
Jan 2011
valvravetruth said:
Who would have thought Hidan no Aria AA has an adaptation, of course i dont want to spoil what AA stands for.

Eventhou its called a spin-off, but its not actually all true, as there are many spoilers do happen in the main story. Light novel fans will know what i mean.

The animation quality in AA do seem better than the original one few years ago, can see through 4 years apart of animation quality. Well maybe its still just in episode 1, cant be so sure yet.

Btw the story is not half bad, its worth watching. Many people think its bad because the original anime years ago is bad. Animation is bad but that doesnt mean the story is bad.

What does AA stand for?
Oct 6, 2015 10:50 AM

Jun 2012
Oh anime industry one more time at it's awesomeness... This mediocre side-story Novel must be in a real need to sell books or go under. If not, I can't see why they would prefer to adapt a mediocre side-story over Aria main-story.
Aria anime adapted 3 volumes with a cliff-hanger and the Novels are at 19 volumes and still no continuation... Might as well publicly announce that Hidan no Aria anime will never get a sequel.
SnaitaOct 7, 2015 9:07 AM
Oct 6, 2015 10:53 AM

Apr 2010
So they made a spinoff which resulted in this.
I was surprised when i saw the manga half a year ago and they even made an anime now.
Well it will be fun to see how things will turn out.

This episode was a but over the top of you ask me, the action scenes where not my thing and the episode seemed rushed.
Oct 6, 2015 10:54 AM

Mar 2014
Sooo I just finshed watching episode 1 of Hidan No Aria AA and I enjoyed it! :D

I must say the animation really surprised me at first with how much of an improvement it was from the orginal Hidan No Aria anime O.O

Was also impressed with the fact that even though the anime appears to be following its manga counter part they sliped A LOTE of little goodie events that did not take place in the manga which was a nice suprise and tells me that even though I have read the manga there will be lotes of suprises to look forward to when watching the anime(:

I also must say it was great to see some of the old cast from the orginal Aria like Kenji, Reki and especially Rikko *-*

Also want to mention that I think Aria was made to look really bad ass in the anime..even more than she did in the orginal Hidan No Aria which I really liked XD Fight scenes were also really cool with that new animation <333

All in all I enjoyed and am looking forward to see more :D
Heyy want to learn about Buddhism??

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

How chanting Nom Myoho Renge Kyo Changed My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KNUf3ZA28

How Buddhism helped me overcome COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJru9p8Qoo
Oct 6, 2015 11:02 AM

Feb 2015
It was a good start , but it was lack of impact, unlike the main story first episode. And i was a little bit pissed off by Aria attitude. maybe her attitude was different from the main story because of kinji?

Well , overall , i like the way they started the episode, the OP was great. the ending was good. and we know too , that the one who will be playing as riko is
and we can see riko's sister too in this episode, a little bit suprised.
YizelTroOct 6, 2015 11:13 AM
Oct 6, 2015 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
Rayzer said:
This is a spin-off m8.

Marina2 said:

This is spin-off series made by Dogakobo, the different studo from than the one who did the main series (J.C. Staff).

You can think of it as "Railgun" of Hidan no Aria.

doesn't change a thing

actually, its even worse
Oct 6, 2015 5:35 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
alpha_shadow said:
Pretty much this lol

Nano is my favorite Japanese artist so it's 75% of the reason as to why I'm even going to watch this xD
Oct 6, 2015 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
never thought i would see more Hidan no Aria i like many only cared about Nano doing the OP and the fact there's 0 other shows to watch on this day plays another role in it
katsu044Oct 6, 2015 6:06 PM
Oct 7, 2015 1:15 AM

Oct 2014
Wtf, where's the eng sub?

Stark700 said:
The OP song:

Still cant get over this, but hey- i like the PV2 more

alpha_shadow said:

Noice xDD also came here for the OP, i didnt even watch the original series of this lol
Oct 7, 2015 2:22 AM

Jun 2015
Rie-sama <3
Oct 7, 2015 5:52 AM

Apr 2009
i had to drop this ep and never ever gonna watch well back to Aikatsu!
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 7, 2015 7:23 AM

Apr 2015
Good opening. The rest was crap. Looked good at first, but then...
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 7, 2015 7:23 AM
Oct 2014
The OP song:
[/quote]

Don't you guys think the OP animation is so damn deep and dark?
Oct 7, 2015 7:35 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah it is...I'm still trying to figure out the meaning behind it....

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

Oct 7, 2015 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
Kinda wish this was a second season tbh. I'll watch this all if they announce one but I ain't really interested rn.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Oct 8, 2015 12:37 AM

Apr 2012
As cute as this shiz is and I get to see Aria and some gunfight/battle etc

The lack of Kinji severely limits my interest. While he does appear later, him being a side character here will mean he only gets some screentime which essentially kills this series for me. Im more of a protag eat bubblegum fvck bitches kinda guy.

So Im only here to see Kinji and nano. Though I will at least try to stay on the action scenes
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Oct 8, 2015 3:46 AM

May 2010
Rayzer said:
samesdday said:

This is a spin-off m8.

like that means anything.
Oct 8, 2015 3:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I kinda feel like Aria's character won't shine as much without Kinji being her partner anymore... well we'll see how this goes, would never ask too much of a mere spinoff anyway
Oct 8, 2015 4:17 AM

Jun 2015
Decent start. With Kenji in a supporting role now, it feels a little weird, but its still watchable to say the least. OP theme was okay.

Oct 8, 2015 5:11 AM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:
I kinda feel like Aria's character won't shine as much without Kinji being her partner anymore... well we'll see how this goes, would never ask too much of a mere spinoff anyway

walldotfm said:
Decent start. With Kenji in a supporting role now, it feels a little weird, but its still watchable to say the least. OP theme was okay.

This ^

Hoping better subs come soon.

Would've been much better if this was 2nd season instead.
Oct 8, 2015 6:21 AM

Mar 2012
It was miles better than the original.

I`m glad Akari is the MC instead of Kinji (Kinji is shit though)
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 8, 2015 6:26 AM

Mar 2014
NicoZeta said:
It was miles better than the original.

I`m glad Akari is the MC instead of Kinji (Kinji is shit though)

Omgg I'm so happy to read this!!!! Ever since Hidan No Aria AA started most comments I read of people from diffrent sites is how much the anime sucks now that Kinji is not in it very much and it freaking annoys me so much!! x.x

I do agree with you that this spin off is leaps and bounds better than the orginal ever though I love the orginal to death <33333

Oct 8, 2015 6:43 AM
Mar 2014
I watched the original Hidan no Aria and it wasn't horrible, it had parts that were enjoyable because of kinji, now that he isn't the main focus with Aria anymore I'm most likely going to skip this.
Oct 8, 2015 9:36 AM

Jul 2015
xisantaix said:
I watched the original Hidan no Aria and it wasn't horrible, it had parts that were enjoyable because of kinji, now that he isn't the main focus with Aria anymore I'm most likely going to skip this.

This^
Oct 8, 2015 9:59 AM

Jan 2015
Hidan no Aria without Kinji ??? One of the best Harem dude leads is forbidden in this pile of crap ??? Nahhhhhh.......it ain't happening again !!
Oct 8, 2015 10:39 AM

May 2013
The show was pretty good. Too bad that Reki got 2 seconds of action...
Oct 8, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2015
I wish Kinji was more involved. He doesn't even have to be a main but please give him more screen time. I like Akari. She's completely different from Aria so it should be interesting.
Oct 8, 2015 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
Pretty bad, just as bad as the first season. Subs are dreadful as well, just not worth watching it, i actually cant get through the whole episode. Sorry¯_(ツ)_/¯

Forum icon by Yandere

Oct 8, 2015 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
This wasn't that bad for a first episode spin-off series of Hidan no Aria.

Kenji is in supporting role now.
Oct 8, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2014
That start off, even if it was a dream, it somewhat play in as a foreshadowing because of what Aria say toward the end that Akari have the smell of danger.
Kinji is there as well as Shirayuki, Riko(?) and Reki.
I miss this series and was glad this come out...too bad it's not a Sequel.
As a first episode, this isn't bad and looking forward to see how Akari will grow up to be like.
Oct 8, 2015 1:09 PM

Mar 2014
Wrsty said:
I wish Kinji was more involved. He doesn't even have to be a main but please give him more screen time. I like Akari. She's completely different from Aria so it should be interesting.

I'm glad someone appreciates Akari(:

Oct 8, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2015
I don't even remember if i use to like hidan no aria back in the day
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2015 3:09 PM
Mar 2015
If this series could have enough momentum to bring the original and drop this peice of shit, that'd be great.
Oct 8, 2015 3:27 PM
Aug 2015
Kinji was one of the coolest harem MC's imo, and he's hardly even involved in this? No thanks guys, for the ones that will be watching this, enjoy that Akari bish
Oct 8, 2015 3:40 PM

Apr 2015
Aria can only be Aria when Kenji is around. I don't see the purpose of this spin off other than catering for the few yuri shippers.......

If I see lesser to no Kenji at all... I'll drop this
#CHEXIT
Oct 8, 2015 4:22 PM
Dec 2009
Good Adaptation. A little shame that an important scene was skipped.
[spoiler]http://www.mangahere.co/manga/hidan_no_aria_aa/c002/4.html[spoiler]
CobraStarshipOct 8, 2015 4:56 PM
Oct 8, 2015 5:35 PM

Dec 2013
Imeon said:
Aria can only be Aria when Kenji is around. I don't see the purpose of this spin off other than catering for the few yuri shippers.......

^This. I get the feeling that AA came out to cater to the yuri market that's been expanding for a while now. Feminism and the like. I enjoyed the original for Kenji and his antics with Aria, and I just don't see it coming close to that with this show.

Will keep watching though, since cameos of Kenji are better than no Kenji at all. Just hope we get to see him actually interact with Aria later on.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 8, 2015 6:21 PM

Oct 2011
Glad to see Kinji even for a moment.

Aria accepts Akari YYAY!!!!

Whoa she has a dark secret OMG
Oct 8, 2015 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
I have my fingers crossed for this spin-off
---------My Profile------------
Oct 8, 2015 6:50 PM

Oct 2014
Lol Y'all thought Kinji was a good character... really? He is just some generic male lead who happens to become OP af when he gets turned on.

He was the usual nice guy with a side of sarcasm, which was decent at best, but then the whole Hysteria Syndrome BS.

Not that his role in this side story would make up for the useless MC anyway.
Oct 8, 2015 7:16 PM

Mar 2014
CobraStarship said:
Good Adaptation. A little shame that an important scene was skipped.
[spoiler]http://www.mangahere.co/manga/hidan_no_aria_aa/c002/4.html[spoiler]

loool your right that was an important scene they skiped XDD

Oct 8, 2015 8:13 PM

Mar 2010
mehhhh.. this does not amuse me. I feel like im watching a different series from the other Aria

Well it is a spin off.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Raika is the least likable character in the entire show and probably anime

Neolightveo - Dec 11, 2023

1 by sorames »»
Dec 12, 2023 5:33 AM

» Shoujo Ai?

Mele - Nov 24, 2015

29 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2015

40 by wildhood »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:51 PM

» Where does Hidan no Aria AA take place?

SleepySenpaiSama - Oct 10, 2015

23 by Jomi13111 »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2015

53 by DmonHiro »»
May 24, 2021 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.