Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 4, 2015 7:52 PM

Aug 2015
I won't deny that there are some fan service scenes in any form of this series, be it anime/manga/light novel. However, there are just bits here and there in the manga and the novel, so if this anime adaptation follows novel faithfully to an extent, plot progression and encountered enemies will be much more prevalent than the fanservice scenes. FEAR NOT FOLKS.

Oct 4, 2015 10:01 PM

Mar 2014
yeah i feel like people already arent giving this a chance when it has literally everything going for it: a-1 tier animation and art, 2 seasons, a plot that isnt even as generic as some make it out to be (following that logic overlord should be criticized too right but it rarely ever is), and an amazing opening song (its not performed by the main cast of the series, which is atypical of harem shows). all because it has ecchi? this is like punchline all over again.
Oct 4, 2015 10:20 PM
Aug 2012
Well considering some people keep spreading nonsense like Asterisk is all about fanservice doesn't really help (it's quite annoying tbh).....well people won't be able to complain about fanservice from ep 3-4 anyway unless the adaptation adds some.

Oct 5, 2015 4:29 AM

May 2014
Nahhh. It seems 50% of the time they need to serve the fans in order to make us watch the rest.

Dropped.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Oct 5, 2015 4:44 AM
Aug 2012
sinner08910 said:
Nahhh. It seems 50% of the time they need to serve the fans in order to make us watch the rest.

Dropped.

Wow 4-5 minutes equals to 50% of an episode.

Can the bias be anymore obvious? Well good riddance anyway.....

Oct 6, 2015 5:56 AM

Dec 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
sinner08910 said:

Dropped.

Wow 4-5 minutes equals to 50% of an episode.

Can the bias be anymore obvious? Well good riddance anyway.....

Your signature is wrong.

Haters will broadcast your failure, yes, but when you succeed they'll go out of their way to reinterpret or twist reality or even change their definition of the word "success" in order to present that as a failure as well.

Which is essentially what is happening here.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 6, 2015 6:12 AM

Sep 2015
Yah, I felt like this show was similar in theme to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, only a tad saucier

I didn't know that others found echi annoying actually, it really puts me off a series, really enjoyed parts of moster mesune for example, but I kinda dropped it after about 8 eps in.. I dunno what it is that puts me off about these types of shows - I'm certainly no prude, I think maybe its just that I don't really want saucyness during my 'anime time'

I actually stuck with Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai now that I think of it, and that was very echi-ish, but it has many redeeming features

So is Gakusen Toshi Asterisk as ecchi as Monster Musume and Shimonetafor example?

Definately gonna watch episode 2 regardless to see if it picks up
Oct 6, 2015 6:34 AM

Jan 2015
bakanonbaka said:

So is Gakusen Toshi Asterisk as ecchi as Monster Musume and Shimonetafor example?

Lol no, this anime has not ecchi at all.
Oct 7, 2015 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
Xenocrisi said:
bakanonbaka said:

Definitely less ecchi than the 2 examples given, but still has ecchi.
No ecchi at all? Inb4 mc peeping scene + boobgrab
Oct 7, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2015
simbee said:
Xenocrisi said:

Peeping scene? Sorry but where .-.
Oct 10, 2015 6:43 AM
Aug 2013
Xenocrisi said:
simbee said:

The first 3 minutes of episodes 1 with Julis
iVelOct 18, 2015 12:25 PM
Oct 10, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 2015
iVel said:
Xenocrisi said:

The first 3 minutes of episodes 1 with Julis lol

Oh c'mon. Rakudai's peepping scene was 100 times longer
Oct 10, 2015 8:56 AM

Dec 2011
Xenocrisi said:
iVel said:

The first 3 minutes of episodes 1 with Julis lol

Oh c'mon. Rakudai's peepping scene was 100 times longer

Peeping is still peeping, no matter how long.

By the way, i think it's not only the ecchi-ness that makes most people drop this, but the fact that this anime is using accidental peeping, accidental boob-grab, and the-top-vs-the-bottom cliche for its intro (and maybe a couple more thing here and there.)

On top of that, it's not only this one that using that cliche, and not only two, but THREE series in a same season.

Oh. I do watch the first episode of this series. Likes the premise, but hates the cliche. And also some "character development" like when the council president suddenly hugs the MC seems so.. weird and unnatural. "Fantasy" genre doesn't helps this.

One more, don't tell me to read the light novel.
I often fall asleep when i force myself to watch a series that recommended by my friend even though i'm not interested to that series.
ChendrosheeOct 10, 2015 8:59 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

203 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

119 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

111 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

113 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

117 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 8:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.