Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 26, 2015 2:54 AM

May 2010
GenesisYuuji said:
All this talking about too much SoL in the series, you have to take into account one of it's genres IS slice of life.

Zwei, maybe. Drei, definitely not.
Sep 26, 2015 2:56 AM

Jan 2015
So I assume they would move the 'real' 2wei ending to the beginning of 3rei anime. Not okay with this at all, the series could've just ended on a high note with the cliffhanger.

3rei is imo the best part of the series, it is a shame they already messed up the beginning now. Hopefully they move away from the AO in the first episode of 3rei so we can act like this never happened.
Sep 26, 2015 2:59 AM

Aug 2009
It's very hard to make such a bad show having good manga. It's boring, slow. Also the studio had great budget (you can see it). But it's no use. Mostly studio divides show on seasond to let manga go further. But in this case it didn't help. Anime is slow like One Piece or another endless seinen.
Sep 26, 2015 3:10 AM

Nov 2011
Me: The fight won't fill the whole episode so that means some parts of 3rei chapter 1 will be animated. So excited!
Silver Link: That's boring carbon copy. What we need is something different. Lol, mangafags.
Author: They held me at gunpoint!
Me: Only a retcon starting at the end of the fight will save them now.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 26, 2015 3:16 AM

Jul 2007
ernst said:
Me: The fight won't fill the whole episode so that means some parts of 3rei chapter 1 will be animated. So excited!
Silver Link: That's boring carbon copy. What we need is something different. Lol, mangafags.
Author: They held me at gunpoint!
Me: Only a retcon starting at the end of the fight will save them now.

Literal Summary of this episode:
Sep 26, 2015 3:22 AM

Nov 2011
Anyone else annoyed by Gil's laugh? I didn't expect him to laugh that way. Almost ruined the fight for me.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 26, 2015 3:45 AM

Nov 2010
While I am greatly disappointed that 2nd half went AO, the ending was... actually not that bad. They didn't show which effect Ea had, so the rift explanation can still be made at the beginning of 3rei and whole story can be back on track.

Well, I can sorta imagine the reason... it's quite possible that SL is playing it safe, in case something happens which would cause 3rei to not be made. Though, I agree that they missed a massive amount of reputation and hype by not doing the cliffhanger. >.<
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 26, 2015 3:46 AM

Jun 2011
I really did not need that SoL second half that just took away all the momentum they had built up. There was a time and place for the SoL and it was not the last episode thats for sure.
Are the Japanese scared of cliffhangers or something? even with the next season already confirmed? Because if so they must hate Game of Thrones.

Oh well at least we had the next season confirmed though they will need to waste an episode or so getting it back on track and I also don't think they can only go 10 episodes per season any more they have to commit to more since the only decent stopping place is like 30 chapters into 3rei!! and that is more chapters than the whole of 2wei!

I kind of loved the scene with Miyu inside the darkness and Shirou's voice sounded great, also when Miyu talked about Illya and her silver and that Illya was like the moonlight to her. Then they pumped money into the Miyu crying scene which looked really good and a part of me just wished that movement and animation could always be that pretty and fluid.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 26, 2015 3:50 AM

Jul 2007
Aurioch said:
While I am greatly disappointed that 2nd half went AO, the ending was... actually not that bad.

It was cringeworthy, created bunch of plotholes for next season and completely unfit in terms of tone.

Sep 26, 2015 3:53 AM

Feb 2014
Awesome last episode. Hyped for S4! 8/10. It would have been better but half of the season was fillers....
Sep 26, 2015 4:10 AM

Nov 2010
CookingPriest said:
Aurioch said:
While I am greatly disappointed that 2nd half went AO, the ending was... actually not that bad.

It was cringeworthy, created bunch of plotholes for next season and completely unfit in terms of tone.

Yes, I'll take this AO anytime over ufotable nowadays.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 26, 2015 4:17 AM

Jul 2007
Aurioch said:
CookingPriest said:

Yes, I'll take this AO anytime over ufotable nowadays.

Dont get me wrong its still miles better than ufoubw, sure.

But it is a fact that most of 2wei build up was just wasted and the stuff being put in 3rei first episode wont be as impactful as it could have been here.
Not to mention secondaries will keep expecting 3rei to be "more of loli yuri fanservice sol stuff" resulting in far less hype for 3rei.
Sep 26, 2015 4:18 AM
Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
GenesisYuuji said:
All this talking about too much SoL in the series, you have to take into account one of it's genres IS slice of life.

No it is not. Had they actually adapted the actual 2wei ending it would be abundantly clear.

I was talking about the series as a whole, silver definitely screwed the ending up, I was looking forward to the cliffhanger myself.
Sep 26, 2015 5:08 AM

Sep 2015
Come on guys, whats with all the hate. You guys know many light novels, mangas and anime wont come same together, surely some details will change a bit.

They just change the ending a bit only and Drei also confirm, no complains guys. Buy their blue rays and merchandise only has the right to complain.

Original manga version is a little sad and without rest. I perfer and believe anime is better in a sense, Miyu need a good rest and fun in order to continue her next harsh journey.

Its not like the production change it just to annoy us fans =.=
Sep 26, 2015 5:25 AM

Jul 2007
valvravetruth said:
C
Original manga version is a little sad and without rest.

Which is the damn fucking point of the ending and all the fucking build up in 2wei.
I perfer and believe anime is better in a sense, Miyu need a good rest and fun in order to continue her next harsh journey.

Which completely does not work and is fucking anti-climatic.

Its not like the production change it just to annoy us fans =.=

NO they changed for no reason at all
Sep 26, 2015 6:12 AM

Dec 2007
Judging by all the comments it looks like not reading the manga first is once again the best decision to keep on making. As I haven't read the manga yet this ending isn't that bad.

Not as enjoyable as the previous seasons with the SoL elements taking up half the season so I'm still a bit disappointed.
Sep 26, 2015 6:32 AM

Jul 2013
Aurioch said:

This could work, but why would you negate the perfect setting for a twist for the sake of doing the same thing in a less "ambitious" way ? Not to mention that they must be extremely cautious to avoid plot holes.

Sep 26, 2015 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
So what happened to Gil? Did he just disappear to the parallel world?
Sep 26, 2015 6:51 AM

Aug 2010
Don't like who they decided to go anime original in the ending...

Thankfully they're adapting part 3.
Sep 26, 2015 6:55 AM

Jul 2007
mariko091 said:

Its explained in last few pages they for some reason did not adapt.
So wait for first episode of 3rei for that explanation.
Sep 26, 2015 7:31 AM

Apr 2010
mariko091 said:

Obviously killed by Illya to set up the AO 3rei SoL series.
Sep 26, 2015 7:41 AM

Sep 2013
As a fan of the manga 6/10
As a lolicon freak 10/10 Can't wait for the specials.
Sep 26, 2015 7:48 AM

Apr 2010
AcidPunk said:
As a fan of the manga 6/10
As a lolicon freak 10/10 Can't wait for the specials.

http://gelbooru.com/images/b9/37/b937252f68dbb5a405ec3782d4f3db58.webm
Sep 26, 2015 7:50 AM

Aug 2013
mariko091 said:

Just like UBW counterpart, being sucked into Holy Grail..xD

Well CookingPriest, you're right. The end of the fight is heartwarming & mediocre, I was expecting some slaps, but she didn't.
And the fight wasn't good enough, Illya can counter Enuma Elish while Alexander couldn't.
ernietheracefanSep 26, 2015 8:31 AM
Sep 26, 2015 9:06 AM

Jul 2007
ernietheracefan said:

Just like UBW counterpart, being sucked into Holy Grail..xD

No.

And the fight wasn't good enough, Illya can counter Enuma Elish while Alexander couldn't.

Illya employs magic that could bitchslap all 4th and 5th war servants at once at full potential, so no.

Alexander is nowhere near Gil anyway. He's low to mid tier servant at best
Sep 26, 2015 9:11 AM

Apr 2010
CookingPriest said:

Illya employs magic that could bitchslap all 4th and 5th war servants at once at full potential, so no.

Alexander is nowhere near Gil anyway. He's low to mid tier servant at best

Alexander's bro level is off the charts though. That clearly makes up any difference in power or ability.
Sep 26, 2015 9:39 AM

Nov 2013
> Butthurt that Alexander couldn't take on Enuma Elish.

Lol.
Sep 26, 2015 9:47 AM
Apr 2013
You guys do realize that 3rei is still ongoing right? And Silver Link is giving the manga enough time to make more chapters. And assuming 3rei will be a split-cour again, it would give the manga enough time. And hey, at least now they get a chance to adapt the side-stories right?(Nanaki, her sister, Sakura......need I mention more?)

Then again, I could be wrong, and this is all a dream, since you know, Illya did take a day to materialize in Miyu's world.(Since those card references are a bit too much of a coincidence.)

Well, we could only speculate until 3rei finally airs(hopefully next year.)
albertrojasSep 26, 2015 10:30 AM
Sep 26, 2015 9:53 AM

Jul 2007
albertrojas said:
You guys do realize that 3rei is still ongoing right? And Silver Link is giving the manga enough time to make more chapters. And assuming 3rei will be a split-cour again, it would give the manga enough time. And hey, at least now they get a chance to adapt the side-stories right?(Nanaki, her sister, Sakura......need I mention more?)

THey already had time to add omake instead of anime original.
3rei already has enough content for 2+ 10 episode seasons, that is two years.

And besides, _____ and ____ just going ____ and striking______ still came from almost nowhere.(It was explained, thankfully.)

But that's why it worked so damn fine. It was literally a moment where people reading it realized "holy shit". Hell, its what all the slice of life was building up towards...

Oh I can only hope that EP1 of 3rei will be FHA-esque
Sep 26, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2013
How dissapointing that they make an slice of life ending instead of the manga one, especially when they confirmed the 4th season. I eant to hear the voices of the Ainsworth girls.

But well, at least the battle with Gilgamesh was good.
Sep 26, 2015 9:59 AM
Aug 2014
i give up on ever getting good type moon adaptations

apart from carnival phantasm
Sep 26, 2015 10:20 AM
May 2015
Should I watch from beginning or ep 7? I like SoL but I didn't get into Prisma Illya for SoL...and need to read 2wei last chapter, got it
Sep 26, 2015 10:41 AM
Apr 2013
SovereignSky said:
Should I watch from beginning or ep 7? I like SoL but I didn't get into Prisma Illya for SoL...and need to read 2wei last chapter, got it

Ehhh......just watch it from the beginning. You gotta count your blessings. I mean, this IS the first Fate adaptation that we get to see Bazett and Caren animated(save for Carnival Phantasm, that's another story.)

Then again, it's all on you.
Sep 26, 2015 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
The fight with Gil was decent.

I'm looking forward to season 4!
Sep 26, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2007
SovereignSky said:

The adaptation is perfect and the expansions actually make sense and help the overall story and characterization. The only awful part is second half of last episode of herz.
Sep 26, 2015 12:05 PM
May 2015
It's pretty unlikely, but it could be possible that they could change the ending on the 2wei Herz Blu-rays so that they could start 3rei properly. It could've been that Silver Link wrote the last episode prior to 3rei anime being greenlit, and they didn't have enough time to rewrite it so that they'd use the manga ending. If that's the case, the SOL will probably just be a dream that Illya has while she's unconscious at the beginning of 3rei, and then the anime will explain what actually happened at the beginning of 3rei/change the ending of the last BD episode.
Sep 26, 2015 12:41 PM

Mar 2011
Before this ending, I kinda read about the manga, so I was prepared for an open ending in which nothing is "daijobu"
But then this, I was kinda like "wait, what is this? where am I?"
If they don't make all this part of slice of life like a dream of Illya/Miyu, then I have no idea how they'll make it logic for the next season
Sep 26, 2015 12:58 PM

May 2013
With all this whining I tough I was in the Overlord thread. Unlike Overlord, I did read this manga and I am ok with the changes, since they are working with the mangaka I am pretty confident they can start 3rei without weakening the plot. This was bound to happen since even if they have not make the announcement, next year again they will boundle an OVA with the 3rei (maybe by then it will be 4ier) manga.

The only part I did not like was Bazett reporting Miyu, they should have brainwashed her, but I do understand this is foreshadowing for 4ier (shit hit the fan in 3rei, the fan will explode in 4ier).
Sep 26, 2015 1:31 PM

Jan 2011
Sigh
Sep 26, 2015 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
ernst said:
Anyone else annoyed by Gil's laugh? I didn't expect him to laugh that way. Almost ruined the fight for me.

Yes, he was as horrible as in the last episode.

Also, I was expecting some kind of change incoming for Illya when she used all of her power but apparently it was nothing too serious. Kinda make it seem almost like a piece of cake.

Hmm, not bad as end of actual season but I was hoping for bit more conclusive ending of this arc.

6/10
Mich666Sep 26, 2015 1:58 PM
Sep 26, 2015 2:27 PM

Oct 2008
ernst said:

Yep terrible laugh which for me made it 100x more enjoyable when Illya finally disintegrated his stupid face from existence (at least for now). That was payback for Fate/Stay Night UBW you piece of shit.
Also i preferred that they went with an original ending rather than the manga cliffhanger ending. Granted the "lets do homework" part was a bit out of place, still the manga ending will make for a strong start for s4. I was only disappointed with the fact that Illya and Miyu didn't get to kiss.
IrondragonSep 26, 2015 4:13 PM
Sep 26, 2015 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
did they just lose budget on that attack Gilgamesh used?! a 4th season huh?
Sep 26, 2015 5:42 PM

May 2012
i guess this means we are getting more lesbian lolis... with 8 episodes of cliche obligatory episodes and 2 of actual plot progression... woooooo hoo...
Sep 26, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
Weakest out of the 3 seasons so far for me way to much fooling around with their limited 10 episodes to only have 4 of them have any type of progression but hey Season 4 is on the way so heres hoping

plus was that female gil at the end what?!
Sep 26, 2015 8:05 PM

Apr 2010
katsu044 said:
Weakest out of the 3 seasons so far for me way to much fooling around with their limited 10 episodes to only have 4 of them have any type of progression but hey Season 4 is on the way so heres hoping

Fem Gil is indeed a thing.
Sep 26, 2015 8:35 PM
Aug 2012
Well Shirou needs to get his ass kick for stealing Gil's screen time.
Sep 26, 2015 8:57 PM

Oct 2011
Can't wait for 3rei
Sep 26, 2015 9:50 PM

Nov 2007
Just read the last 20 pages of the manga, so now i can pretend the anime ending never happened.

Sep 26, 2015 10:38 PM

Mar 2008
I get why people would have liked the manga cliffhanger being used, but I think the freaking out is over the top.

It's fine for manga readers to want that cliffhangers because we're currently reading it. It's not actually a cliffhanger for us. It's just an awesome moment that we get to enjoy while waiting for the next Drei chapter. But for anime-only watchers that is something else. It's a massive cliffhanger that they are stuck with for who knows how long. The manga could do that since it picked up immediately after going into Drei. This is a big gap in time. As a show once said "understand the differences in the medium."

They can still pick up just fine and go into Drei. Just use basically what happens in the cliffhanger and kick Drei off. It still shocks things out of the status quo and story wise it's a minimal change. 24 hour gap maybe, depending on how immediately they jump into it after the episode....maybe more like 12-14 hours. Barely anything.

This is a solid ending that has the sequel hook and doesn't go too far. It's not a big deal.
Sep 27, 2015 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
antonn said:
katsu044 said:

Fem Gil is indeed a thing.

That's not really a female Gil, she is

However Type Moon did an illustration of how a female Gilgamesh would look and this is the result:

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

103 by ChrisDC »»
Jul 16, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

86 by ChrisDC »»
Jul 16, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

75 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

170 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 4, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

97 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.