Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2015 6:38 PM

Oct 2014
How much fan service is there in this season compared to the previous one? We really loved the first season a lot, and the second season was great aside from the fan service, but we haven't started watching this one yet because we're unsure if continuing is worth having to sit through all that fan service over again. Spoiler free input will be appreciated of course.
Sep 13, 2015 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
Well 6 episodes of slice of nothing ever happens so that kinda counts as fanservice.
Sep 13, 2015 6:42 PM

Oct 2014
Kruzy said:
Well 6 episodes of slice of nothing ever happens so that kinda counts as fanservice.

Slice of lifey moments are totally fine, just not into the very provocative moments...
Sep 13, 2015 6:45 PM

Jul 2013
ViviKitty said:
Kruzy said:

Slice of lifey moments are totally fine, just not into the very provocative moments...

Well it starts with the beach episode that they've been talking about for the past 2 seasons.
This season has more fanservice than the last one but not that much. The OVA on the other hand is something else so I would avoid that if you don't like fanservice.
Sep 13, 2015 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
"we"?
Sep 13, 2015 9:20 PM

Oct 2014
CLBGM said:
"we"?

This is a shared account between me and my girlfriend. We watch anime together so we keep track and rate it together too.
Sep 13, 2015 11:23 PM

May 2013
ViviKitty said:
Kruzy said:

If memory serves me right, you can skip the kiss in episode one (albeit the concurrent conversation between Miyu and Mimi "I have less presence than Akari from YuruYuri" Katsura is interesting) and the kiss in episode 8 is so fast (thanks to Chloe enhanced prana reloading knee technique) that it will be over before you grab the mouse and try to forward the scene.

IMO the series is worth it, you get a side of slice of life at the beginning, more action than most "action animes" have at the last half and comedy all around.
Sep 14, 2015 12:00 AM

Apr 2010

All the time, every episode. This show is nothing but sexualizing children. Run away while you still can.
Sep 14, 2015 12:13 AM

Oct 2014
mangamuscle said:
IMO the series is worth it, you get a side of slice of life at the beginning, more action than most "action animes" have at the last half and comedy all around.

I'll keep this in mind, thank you!

antonn said:
All the time, every episode. This show is nothing but sexualizing children. Run away while you still can.

You have one of the manga in your favs, so would you really say for someone who isn't a fan of that content, the story is not worth pursuing? And if so, does the manga tone those elements down at all?
Sep 14, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2009
I'm not a fan of fanservice at all but I find it worth it to try to ignore it for this series. Even though the fanservice gets more, uh, intense, so does the plot. Gets more serious too.

Think of it as a Warhead. Covered with a sour coating of fanservice but then you get to the sweet center of plot...unless you don't like the inside of Warheads. >_< Ignore my analogy if that's the case.

Sep 14, 2015 8:12 AM

Oct 2014
Waffocopter said:
I'm not a fan of fanservice at all but I find it worth it to try to ignore it for this series. Even though the fanservice gets more, uh, intense, so does the plot. Gets more serious too.

Think of it as a Warhead. Covered with a sour coating of fanservice but then you get to the sweet center of plot...unless you don't like the inside of Warheads. >_< Ignore my analogy if that's the case.

Gotta admit, thought you were talking about some kind of candy coated nuclear warhead at first. XP

But anyway thank you very much for this input. Very likely will end up giving it a try at least for a few episodes and see what happens from there. Such a shame to see this anime sink so far down when it has so much potential...
Sep 14, 2015 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
ViviKitty said:
Such a shame to see this anime sink so far down when it has so much potential...

Not sure what is with all the value judgement, but I'd say the focus on fanservice just makes it different. Whether or not it's better or worse depends on the individual.
Sep 14, 2015 9:30 AM

May 2013
antonn said:

I would make the distinction that since Illya and her friends are already in middle school, they are teenagers.
Sep 14, 2015 11:52 AM

Apr 2010
mangamuscle said:
antonn said:

I would make the distinction that since Illya and her friends are already in middle school, they are teenagers.

They're in elementary school.

ViviKitty said:
does the manga tone those elements down at all?

No.
Sep 14, 2015 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
mangamuscle said:

Personally, i think the judge will be convinced.
Sep 15, 2015 1:13 AM

Aug 2013
[quote=ViviKitty]
Waffocopter said:
Such a shame to see this anime sink so far down when it has so much potential...

Not to me because season 3 is good just as the previous seasons. Also fan service? There's barely any fan service in this season in my opinion because the first half of season three focus mainly on the comedy and slice of life with Illya and her friends which it also part of last half of the 2wei manga. The second half of season three focus mainly on the main story which is based on the final chapters of 2wei manga. Also unlike most anime with some unnecessary random fan service, this series fan service plays a part in Kuro's character because she needs mana in order to live, that's why she needs to kiss Illya or Miyu.
Sep 15, 2015 11:59 AM

Mar 2015
ViviKitty said:

Not to me because season 3 is good just as the previous seasons. Also fan service? There's barely any fan service in this season in my opinion because the first half of season three focus mainly on the comedy and slice of life with Illya and her friends which it also part of last half of the 2wei manga. The second half of season three focus mainly on the main story which is based on the final chapters of 2wei manga. Also unlike most anime with some unnecessary random fan service, this series fan service plays a part in Kuro's character because she needs mana in order to live, that's why she needs to kiss Illya or Miyu.

>This season
> Barely any fanservice

lol what show did you watch?
The first half is full of fanservice, even with a mandatory beach episode and yukata episode

And even in the second part Silver Link doesn't shy from adding fanservice content. the most recent Kuro /Illya kiss didn't happen in the manga for example

And even if the kisses happen for a reason, it's still fanservice

to OP: it's a series full of fanservice it's worth it for the plot ( when it gets serious) and action scenes, but if you're disgusted by the loli fanservice it might get difficult to watch
Sep 15, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2014
astroprogs said:
mangamuscle said:

And then that moment when you realize that in the main verse

As if I needed more reason to hate the Einzberns. They want to get us all arrested.
AllenNoahSep 15, 2015 1:10 PM
Sep 15, 2015 12:26 PM

May 2013
MightyM16 said:
The first half is full of fanservice, even with a mandatory beach episode and yukata episode

If by fanservice you mean cute girls doing cute things (like you might see in Non non byori, which had in season one a beach episode and my bet is that last episode of s2 will have the visit to the shrine in yukata), yeah, there is plenty, this is the good ending for Illya, if you watched Fate Zero you will recognize this is the future Kiritsugu wanted for her and her Irisviel.

If you are talking about erotic fanservice, there is little to none to the point of being quite forgettable (aside from the scenes I already mentioned in a prior post). So please do not mix the two kinds of fanservice, the OP is obviously asking about erotic fanservice.

And even in the second part Silver Link doesn't shy from adding fanservice content. the most recent Kuro /Illya kiss didn't happen in the manga for example

But it makes a world of difference, I would not be able to endure this show if they pushed panties into my field of vision for no reason at all (Rosario+Vampire sesons two, I am looking at you). It is not even like this show added mana transfers to the fate universe, Nasu made it canon long ago (and even then, Nasu did not create tantric magic).

to OP: it's a series full of fanservice it's worth it for the plot ( when it gets serious) and action scenes, but if you're disgusted by the loli fanservice it might get difficult to watch

Maybe you did not read the OP post, they have already watched the two prior seasons, so talking about "loli fanservice" is old news, they asked about the level of it.
Sep 15, 2015 5:40 PM

Aug 2010
AllenNoah said:
astroprogs said:

As if I needed more reason to hate the Einzberns. They want to get us all arrested.

IKR?
Sep 16, 2015 12:48 AM

Aug 2013
MightyM16 said:

>This season
> Barely any fanservice

The scene where Illya's yukata almost fell off yeah that was fan service because it was random, the scene where Irisviel and Leysritt wearing a bikinis are also fan service because it was random and it didn't happen in the manga. I don't count as fan service when Illya is hanging out with her friends during their peaceful time. And did you even read my post? I said the mana transfer kiss is fan service but it plays a part in Kuro's character and is necessary.
Sep 16, 2015 8:48 AM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
AllenNoah said:

IKR?

Not that you mention it...He essentially
Sep 16, 2015 8:51 AM

Feb 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
astroprogs said:

IKR?

dafuq...you are alive?

.......I never really thought about it
Sep 16, 2015 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
OneTrueEmiya said:
astroprogs said:

IKR?

Pretty much.

Also, hey, long time no see, man.
Sep 16, 2015 12:32 PM

Mar 2015
MightyM16 said:

>This season
> Barely any fanservice

The scene where Illya's yukata almost fell off yeah that was fan service because it was random, the scene where Irisviel and Leysritt wearing a bikinis are also fan service because it was random and it didn't happen in the manga. I don't count as fan service when Illya is hanging out with her friends during their peaceful time. And did you even read my post? I said the mana transfer kiss is fan service but it plays a part in Kuro's character and is necessary.

You also forgot the beach episode as a whole with Luvia, Rin and Ruby shenaningans

And the kisses?
It's still fanservice
SL doesn't exactly need to focus on Kuro and Illya's lips and their saliva so much but they still do. They try to make it as hot as possible, aka: it's fanservice
MightyM16Sep 16, 2015 12:47 PM
Sep 16, 2015 12:45 PM

Mar 2015
mangamuscle said:

If by fanservice you mean cute girls doing cute things (like you might see in Non non byori, which had in season one a beach episode and my bet is that last episode of s2 will have the visit to the shrine in yukata), yeah, there is plenty, this is the good ending for Illya, if you watched Fate Zero you will recognize this is the future Kiritsugu wanted for her and her Irisviel.

No, I mean erotic fanservice regarding lolis and etc, Prisma has enough as it is
of course it still has plenty of cuteness to go around

Last episode had Kuro and Illya kissing in a very lewd manner and Illya touching ko-Gil intimate parts
There was the beach episode as well with Luvia, Rin and Ruby shenanigans
then the pool episode with Iris and the others

Seriously I wonder why some people try to deny Prisma's ecchi fanservice
It's like they're in denial

mangamuscle said:

If you are talking about erotic fanservice, there is little to none to the point of being quite forgettable (aside from the scenes I already mentioned in a prior post). So please do not mix the two kinds of fanservice, the OP is obviously asking about erotic fanservice.

The kisses of Kuro and Illya receive a bunch of focus (animation wise) and are very, very lewd
Idk how you consider that Prisma has little to none erotic fanservice to the point of it being forgettable when the show itself thrives on making their lolis kiss each other while making it look as lewd and sexual as possible

But it makes a world of difference, I would not be able to endure this show if they pushed panties into my field of vision for no reason at all (Rosario+Vampire sesons two, I am looking at you). It is not even like this show added mana transfers to the fate universe, Nasu made it canon long ago (and even then, Nasu did not create tantric magic).

It's not a question of "but it has a reason to happen!", regardless if it has a reason or not, Prisma animation team goes on their way to make little girls kissing each other look as lewd as possible
smh, this is a lot more ecchi than panty shots and everything else you talked about it

Maybe you did not read the OP post, they have already watched the two prior seasons, so talking about "loli fanservice" is old news, they asked about the level of it.

And it's pretty high
which is why I only recommend watching Prisma if you're not too bothered by it
Sep 16, 2015 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
MightyM16 said:

You also forgot the beach episode as a whole with Luvia, Rin and Ruby shenaningans

And the kisses?
It's still fanservice
SL doesn't exactly need to focus on Kuro and Illya's lips and their saliva so much but they still do. They try to make it as hot as possible, aka: it's fanservice

Again did you read my post? I did said the mana transfer kiss is fan service. I know it's fan favorite.
Sep 16, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2015
MightyM16 said:

And the kisses?
It's still fanservice

Again did you read my post? I did said the mana transfer kiss is fan service. I know it's fan favorite.

You argued that the mana transfer plays an important part in Kuro's character and so is therefore necessary, I kind of agree

However it's definitely not necessary to show a close up in their mouths and their salivas mingling in the lewdest way possible
This is an example of random and unnecessary fanservice you said it didn't exist in Prisma
Sep 16, 2015 3:29 PM

Aug 2013
MightyM16 said:

You argued that the mana transfer plays an important part in Kuro's character and so is therefore necessary, I kind of agree

However it's definitely not necessary to show a close up in their mouths and their salivas mingling in the lewdest way possible
This is an example of random and unnecessary fanservice you said it didn't exist in Prisma

And I also said it was fan service as well. Also the manga did show Illya and Kuro kiss in a intense way and showing their saliva up close while they were kissing to transfer mana to kuro.
Sep 16, 2015 6:43 PM

Mar 2015
MightyM16 said:

And I also said it was fan service as well. Also the manga did show Illya and Kuro kiss in a intense way and showing their saliva up close while they were kissing to transfer mana to kuro.

So the manga has unnecessary fanservice too?
Idk, I didn't read it
In any case SL does their part as well, last episode for example the kiss featured there didn't happened in the manga at all which shows SL goes their way to show loli kissing scenes

C'mon we both agree it was fanservice however in one of your first replies you said that Kuro/Illya's kiss wasn't an unecessary fanservice which it isn't true, there is no need for SL to make it so lewd other than to do unnecessary fanservice
Sep 16, 2015 7:19 PM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Pretty much.

Also, hey, long time no see, man.

So lewd, Kerry-kun~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Long time no see too man. How's things? Enjoying Prillya so far? :P

laidellent said:

dafuq...you are alive?

I was always alive. I was battling the True Kirei on another dimensional plane. But I have returned to deliver salvation and justice to all. I now wait eagerly for my archenemy to return in HF, so that I may deliver the ultimate solution to his yuetsu.

For now, I merely enjoy watching alternate versions of Illya enjoying life :)
Sep 16, 2015 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
MightyM16 said:

So the manga has unnecessary fanservice too?
Idk, I didn't read it
In any case SL does their part as well, last episode for example the kiss featured there didn't happened in the manga at all which shows SL goes their way to show loli kissing scenes

C'mon we both agree it was fanservice however in one of your first replies you said that Kuro/Illya's kiss wasn't an unecessary fanservice which it isn't true, there is no need for SL to make it so lewd other than to do unnecessary fanservice

I said the fan service plays a part in Kuro's character. Kuro kissing Illya is necessary because she needs mana in order to live so kissing Illya is one of her best options, the other option is intercourse but that won't happen in this anime. The kissing is fan service yes but it's also necessary in Kuro's case because in the manga Kuro said it's more effective if they both put feelings into it, that's why we see the saliva and why I said is necessary because it's not random and it's in the manga. And you didn't read the manga? If you didn't read the manga than there's no point trying tell you this.
Sep 16, 2015 8:07 PM

Mar 2015
[
I said the fan service plays a part in Kuro's character. Kuro kissing Illya is necessary because she needs mana in order to live so kissing Illya is one of her best options, the other option is intercourse but that won't happen in this anime. The kissing is fan service yes but it's also necessary in Kuro's case because in the manga Kuro said it's more effective if they both put feelings into it, that's why we see the saliva and why I said is necessary because it's not random and it's in the manga. And you didn't read the manga? If you didn't read the manga than there's no point trying tell you this.

You aren't getting
We agree it's fanservice, but what I'm saying is that it isn't necessary for Silver Link to make the kisses as lewd as they do

Also I researched the manga and the kisses there aren't half as lewd as the anime ones which means SL adds unnecessary fanserivice through their own volition

See, I'm not saying the kiss itself is unnecessary since it's part of Kuro's character, but the lewdness SL puts into the kiss is plain and clear unnecessary fanservice
Sep 16, 2015 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
MightyM16 said:
[

You aren't getting
We agree it's fanservice, but what I'm saying is that it isn't necessary for Silver Link to make the kisses as lewd as they do

Also I researched the manga and the kisses there aren't half as lewd as the anime ones which means SL adds unnecessary fanserivice through their own volition

See, I'm not saying the kiss itself is unnecessary since it's part of Kuro's character, but the lewdness SL puts into the kiss is plain and clear unnecessary fanservice

See even in the manga the mana kiss is lewd with saliva.
Sep 17, 2015 2:57 AM

Mar 2015
MightyM16 said:

You aren't getting

Lol that. It does help that the manga is well, a manga, and doesn't have all the sound effects, etc that the anime has.

I thought it's kind of agreed upon that while Prillya appeals to TM fans and magical girl anime fans, it also appeals to a certain controversial demographic. For those who feel uncomfortable, don't worry too much. There definitely won't be this much fanservice next season.
Sep 17, 2015 4:38 AM

Aug 2013
OneTrueEmiya said:

Lol that. It does help that the manga is well, a manga, and doesn't have all the sound effects, etc that the anime has.

I thought it's kind of agreed upon that while Prillya appeals to TM fans and magical girl anime fans, it also appeals to a certain controversial demographic. For those who feel uncomfortable, don't worry too much. There definitely won't be this much fanservice next season.

It doesn't bother me at all. Besides next season will be the best one because it will be based on Drei manga, which is more serious than the last two mangas. And a certain Controversial demographic?
Sep 17, 2015 4:51 AM

Aug 2014

It doesn't bother me at all. Besides next season will be the best one because it will be based on Drei manga, which is more serious than the last two mangas. And a certain Controversial demographic?

I'm guessing he means lolicons.
Sep 17, 2015 9:07 AM

Mar 2015

It's undeniable that Prisma has an appeal to lolicons, and please compare that one in the manga to the ones in the anime, the one in the OVA and the one in the latest episode ( that didn't happen in the manga)

There is no denying the anime thrives in making their lolis kiss each other look as lewd as possible, which is clear unnecessary fanservice made to appeal to this certain demographic
Sep 17, 2015 9:35 AM

May 2013
MightyM16 said:
There is no denying the anime thrives in making their lolis kiss each other look as lewd as possible, which is clear unnecessary fanservice made to appeal to this certain demographic

It is not clear to me how unnecessary said fanservice is. I know I am not the target demographic, since I a neither a lolicon nor japanese, but maybe a big percentage of those buying the disc releases are both, so from a marketing point of view it is not really necessary.

A solution might be to ask crunchyroll to create an alternate pg13 version of the series, that removes those frames that might make some people feel uncomfortable, as in, it would be obvious they are kissing, but they instead show the sky, a wall or Caren's dead pan face.
Sep 17, 2015 9:41 AM

Mar 2015
mangamuscle said:
MightyM16 said:

It is not clear to me how unnecessary said fanservice is. I know I am not the target demographic, since I a neither a lolicon nor japanese, but maybe a big percentage of those buying the disc releases are both, so from a marketing point of view it is not really necessary.

A solution might be to ask crunchyroll to create an alternate pg13 version of the series, that removes those frames that might make some people feel uncomfortable, as in, it would be obvious they are kissing, but they instead show the sky, a wall or Caren's dead pan face.

Not talking about if it's necessary or unnecessary in a marketing standpoint

It's unnecessary because it adds nothing to the story and plot when for example the alternative you talked about could be perfectly used just as well
Sep 17, 2015 10:42 AM

Mar 2015
MightyM16 said:
mangamuscle said:

It's unnecessary because it adds nothing to the story and plot when for example the alternative you talked about could be perfectly used just as well

I agree it's completely unnecessary plot-wise, but I suppose that's how they pay their bills. I tolerate all this only because I want to witness the sheer GAR that will be in 3rei.
Sep 18, 2015 2:21 PM

Jul 2013
ViviKitty said:
How much fan service is there in this season compared to the previous one? We really loved the first season a lot, and the second season was great aside from the fan service, but we haven't started watching this one yet because we're unsure if continuing is worth having to sit through all that fan service over again. Spoiler free input will be appreciated of course.

A lot, I don't like it too but the last couples of episodes are good.
And next season should be a lot better.

I found too that the fanservice is more easy to overlook in the mangas than in the anime.
Sep 18, 2015 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
MightyM16 said:

It's undeniable that Prisma has an appeal to lolicons, and please compare that one in the manga to the ones in the anime, the one in the OVA and the one in the latest episode ( that didn't happen in the manga)

You don't have to be a lolicon to watch it though. The plot itself is worth watching, especially on Illya Drei it gets even more intense, with everything getting serious. And the fanservice can be enjoyed by perverts in general. I'm not a lolicon but I can enjoy the anime.
よろしく!
Sep 23, 2015 4:19 AM

Oct 2014
This has all been very informative, especially regarding the stuff about the season after this one. Still not 100% sure if we're gonna watch this one or not, but at least we have the information we need. Much appreciated!
Sep 23, 2015 2:37 PM

May 2011
OneTrueEmiya said:
MightyM16 said:

I agree it's completely unnecessary plot-wise, but I suppose that's how they pay their bills. I tolerate all this only because I want to witness the sheer GAR that will be in 3rei.

How much you think will be adapted?

Sep 23, 2015 4:09 PM

Nov 2010
RockerXD said:
How much you think will be adapted?

Judging by the 2wei...

astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Mar 5, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2012
Going into this, I hope there's a ton. It's my favorite part about the series~!
Mar 20, 2016 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
I'd like to know how fan service is a bad thing. Because without it I would never try this.

Apr 23, 2016 7:10 PM

Oct 2014
@bestpsychosean
I'm not trying to say fan service existing is a bad thing, but first off we're talking about 10 year old characters here, and second this has to do with us not liking the fan service personally. We loved the story aspect of the first season, but the second season ramped up the fan service, so we wanted to ask if that trend continued. If you like that sort of thing personally, power to you. I'm not trying to shame anyone that does.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

194 by Lucifrost »»
Sep 1, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

103 by ChrisDC »»
Jul 16, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

86 by ChrisDC »»
Jul 16, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

75 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

170 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 4, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.