Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2008
Hello, I'm Ramen~ I'm a runner, dancer, and yogi.

A lot of how I keep in shape has to do with my diet (what I eat on a day to day basis). I love to listen to music while I do yoga, various music from video games especially, and when I run I listen to upbeat fast paced trance or dance mainly which makes me run faster.

My goals are to be able to run 6-7 miles daily, an hour of yoga a day, and 400 skips with a jump rope. (400 is as much as I did daily in the Summer but somehow I haven't jumped since then...) When I can afford it, I'd like to eat all of the healthy food that I want. Organic food can be expensive after all. (I've eaten non-organic fruit and veggies before but they've actually made me sick or tasted too odd.)

I make smoothies at least 4 days out of the week and I've found that avocados, spinach, and a few other fruits and veggies have worked wonders for me.

A couple of years ago I lifted some 2 lb weights to strengthen my arms a little but I probably won't do that kind of thing again since yoga has strengthened me so much.

Also skiing has strengthened my quadriceps and I'd absolutely love to ski every day but unfortunately I cannot in the environment I live in. Same goes for swimming.

That seems about it for now but if I think of anything else, I'll edit it in.
Jan 1, 2015 8:08 PM

Jul 2014
Omniviolet_Bond said:
I find bodybuilding actually really fascinating. It's a sport, science, and art. I actually don't know why I like weight lifting so much, but a small reason is because i'm amazingly skinny with a crazy metabolism which causes me to never gain weight... (I've tried calorie counting and if it will fit your macros and all that stuff but overtime it kinda just... stopped lol.) My goal is to basically get bigger lol (Not the professional bodybuilding large just bigger) but yeah I find this stuff really cool and hope to learn some cool things.

Hi, Omniviolet_Bond. Welcome to the club. I apologize for the late reply, but I've been working crazy hours. I'm afraid that I don't have personal experience with bulking up, but I've mostly heard people mention that whey and creatine are their supplements of choice. I lift light weights once per week, and I focus on keeping the resistance under control during each rep by moving slowly and pausing during the motions. I got the idea from Mark (Objective), and it has really changed my life in the gym. I'm grateful to him for it.

Ramen said:
Hello, I'm Ramen~ I'm a runner, dancer, and yogi.

A lot of how I keep in shape has to do with my diet (what I eat on a day to day basis). I love to listen to music while I do yoga, various music from video games especially, and when I run I listen to upbeat fast paced trance or dance mainly which makes me run faster.

Welcome, Ramen. I don't know what kind of pace you're aiming for, but it took me about six months to work up to jogging seven miles per day. I run on loose sand to reduce the impact on my joints, and it seems to increase the difficulty a little bit too. I've never done yoga in my life, but skipping rope is definitely a great exercise.

Those smoothies of yours sound really tasty, but I'm too lazy do that much work. I've gone the opposite route, and I'm now focusing on eating as little as possible. I've found that fasting frees up all kinds of time, which I use to get more sleep after my demanding job. I feel fine right now, but you have me wondering if I may be deficient in one or more nutrients. Time will tell.
Jan 2, 2015 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Yo, every one, I'm Victor.
21 and a hat, just got demobilized. Served for 3 and a half years. Was an officer and got kicked out for assaulting a higher ranked officer and disobeying a direct order.
I participated in many military sporting events and worked out when I had the opportunity (usually had all the life juices drained in the field).

Now when I'm a citizen, I'm going 4 times a week to the gym & joined a hardcore MMA club.

Also I'm new to MAL (3 days).
Nice to meet you all.
Jan 2, 2015 8:37 AM

Oct 2011
Hey Ramen, hey Victor.
Welcome!

Victor, how is that MMA going for you? Seems like a good outlet with your military background. Welcome to MAL as well!

Jan 2, 2015 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
Hey I'm FreshPrinceofMAL, I am currently in the US Army and am a medic. I usually go to the gym 4 days a week and do PT in the mornings Monday-Friday. I used to box in high school and uni and had a scholarship to play football (soccer) in uni.
Jan 2, 2015 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
MaiTai said:
Hey Ramen, hey Victor.
Welcome!

Victor, how is that MMA going for you? Seems like a good outlet with your military background. Welcome to MAL as well!

It's bone breaking sometimes. Literally had my shoulder twisted out 4 days ago by our coach... The guy's a beast.
But you know - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (or sends you to the hospital).

FreshPrinceofMAL
More soldiers... Wonder if we weebs have made it into politics too.
Feb 7, 2015 4:47 PM

Sep 2012
Hey everyone; my name is Shane. I'm not one to actively participate in sports, however I have avidly been engaging in health related activities for around two years. I go to the gym every other day; and actively walk, jog, and cycle. I've gotten more into cycling lately and dug my father's old road bike and mountain bike out of storage to use. I'm an advocate of developing one's body as much as possible, because the strength of your body is one thing you'll always have with you. I'm interested to hear from others in this club; and if you have any cycling tips for a beginner feel free to share them with me!
Feb 7, 2015 4:57 PM

Oct 2011
Hey Shane! I'm sure you mean outdoor cycling, and the questions I have are indoor related lol.

Feb 7, 2015 5:00 PM

Sep 2012
MaiTai said:
Hey Shane! I'm sure you mean outdoor cycling, and the questions I have are indoor related lol.

Haha, yes outdoor cycling. Though I'm sure you'd be more impressed if I told you I managed to ride a road bike indoors. =P
Feb 7, 2015 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
ShaneM said:
Hey everyone; my name is Shane. I'm not one to actively participate in sports, however I have avidly been engaging in health related activities for around two years. I go to the gym every other day; and actively walk, jog, and cycle. I've gotten more into cycling lately and dug my father's old road bike and mountain bike out of storage to use. I'm an advocate of developing one's body as much as possible, because the strength of your body is one thing you'll always have with you. I'm interested to hear from others in this club; and if you have any cycling tips for a beginner feel free to share them with me!

Welcome.
I never cycled... Only motocross, and it's not really sportive.
But share how you feel with outdoor cycling. How far do you ride? How often?
Feb 7, 2015 6:13 PM

Feb 2013
Welcome Shane, I can't say I've done much cycling besides the few months after my knee injury a few years back as a rehabilitation exercise, what kind of cycling do you plan on doing? (Like off/on road). Just make sure to hydrate is probably the only advice I could give.
Feb 7, 2015 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
Lost_Future said:
But share how you feel with outdoor cycling. How far do you ride? How often?

I enjoy outdoor cycling a fair bit; I can go as far as the road will take me so there's no limitations. I cycle every day with varying distances, I take off when I'm not in the mood to go out. I tend to cycle around 5 miles daily, and up to 15 miles when I have the time and the motivation; which is normally every 3 days or so. It's tough to get around having to use sidewalks and trails. I would use the bike-lane yet it's hard to trust in the area I live in. I have to get used to my road bike since I just started using it; however once I've got riding it down I plan to go much further.

Objective said:
Welcome Shane, I can't say I've done much cycling besides the few months after my knee injury a few years back as a rehabilitation exercise, what kind of cycling do you plan on doing? (Like off/on road). Just make sure to hydrate is probably the only advice I could give.

Thanks for the advice. =)

I plan to do off-road cycling as riding on the roads in my area is risky. I'll have to find suitable areas to cycle in; last time I went out I road on a trail that I hadn't been on before which was almost entirely mud that day. When I got back my bike was a mess, haha.
Mar 22, 2015 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
Hi, I really want to get healthy.
I'm a guy who was 265 lbs a few months ago.
Now I'm down to 246 lbs on a good day :)
Please add me as a friend, would love to lose more weight, be able to walk up 5 flights of stairs in the 10 years look like Shwarzenager circa 1993.
My dream would be to run a marathon, first I want to get healthy though.
May 17, 2015 4:12 PM

Mar 2015
hey, i'm just another 17 yr old guy, wanting to get and build up!
I'm 1.86 meters tall and weight around 71kg
Currently I don't do any sports, basically I go out with friends and stay in front of the computer all the time, but i guess it's time to drop the computer and get fit xD
Nice to meet you all if this is still active ^^
Aug 1, 2015 5:17 PM

Jul 2015
Hey guys.
Just joined. I'm 23 and my goal is to get down to 10-12%BF. I do a 5day split workout and my weakness is dieting but since I started IIFYM its been a lot easier.
Favorite workout is triceps, favorite protein is JYM's, favorite pre-workout is blue razz C4.
Least favorite workout is chest(Weak collarbone on the right side.)
Happy gains all.
[center]
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» [Advice Lounge]

MaiTai - Aug 6, 2014

42 by removed-user »»
Nov 3, 2015 3:20 AM

» [Tracking Thread]

MaiTai - Aug 6, 2014

11 by Astros »»
Jun 22, 2015 7:28 PM

Sticky: » [Staff Wanted]

MaiTai - Aug 17, 2014

12 by Shane »»
Feb 8, 2015 12:27 AM

» How do you workout?

Objective - Sep 17, 2014

4 by removed-user »»
Jan 2, 2015 10:19 AM

Sticky: » [Resource Room]

MaiTai - Aug 6, 2014

5 by MaiTai »»
Sep 3, 2014 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.