Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 29, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, we actually get a tiny bit more of action this episode. Too bad the girl that fought in the flashback isn't Misora but rather her mom. I mean, they do look a bit alike...

So yeah, we get some characterization of Misora. I wonder if the show will do this for the other girls too. I'm sensing some chemistry between him and the Kanata.
Jul 29, 2015 9:10 AM
Mar 2011
first episode in a while to actually get anywhere. hope this picks up with goddess girl entering the fray
Jul 29, 2015 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
Learning Misora's past. Pretty cruel how her mom was forgotten by those she yearned to protect. Not their fault, but still cruel. Glad Misora is going to continue using her mom's weapon, keeping her alive.
Jul 29, 2015 10:54 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was actually not bad, how surprising.
Hoping this will continue this way until the end, even if I know that will probably not happen.

After this episode I actually like Misora a bit more...
Next episode will probably be about Rico, hoping for something good.
Jul 29, 2015 11:00 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
As decent as this episode would've been, the cliched ending killed it altogether. Just because her mom was a Magic Canon user, Misora didn't necessarily have to follow the same footsteps. Instead, she could've put efforts into what'd suit her better, as Kanata stated in previous episode. But no, to keep her mother's legacy going in an endeavor to have people recover their memories of Socie, Misora just had to stay stubborn to her will. To make it even more convenient, Kanata also had to give in to her unyielding feelings under the pretext that he was actually conducting a "test" on her this whole time. Total BS! >.<

The notion of the Naturals forgetting about the Wizards once they die is also pretty stupid. If such concept didn't exist, perhaps Misora would've changed her mind and the ending could've been less cliched.

Jul 29, 2015 11:08 AM

Jun 2013
Since Kanata also use gun-sword type weapon. He will train Misora effectively. Rico begin interested with Kanata.
Character development's quite good. Next episode will be interesting.
ryanstrikeJul 29, 2015 11:29 AM
Jul 29, 2015 11:19 AM
Jul 2012
Well now this is starting to get interesting. Especially being forgotten by the naturals.
Jul 29, 2015 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was not that bad at all. Nice to learn about Misora's past.

The notions of the Naturals forgetting about Wizards once they died is quite stupid.
Jul 29, 2015 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
Not that bad an episode. The focus on Misora's past gives this episode a good foundation to build from and allows other interesting ideas to enter the story, particularly the fact that "Naturals" lose their memories of Sky Wizards when they die (even if it is a little stupid).

Hopefully we get to see Rico shot down a peg or two soon, cos her attitude really pisses me off.
Jul 29, 2015 11:44 AM

Dec 2014
Misora in a tracksuit, mmm.

Some nice insight on her past this episode. Her poor mama though...

Hopefully Misora's attitude towards Kanata will change from this point on. And as others have stated, the notion of the Naturals forgetting about Wizards once they die is pretty stupid. It's unnecessary.
Jul 29, 2015 11:48 AM

Oct 2014
Not bad.. not bad at all. I actually didn't feel bored watching this unlike the other episodes. More of these kind of episodes please.. also they gotta fit in the fighting somehow.. Will they be able to redeem this serie? Next ep seems to be focused on Rico, its about time honestly.
Jul 29, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
This was the first well-developed episode throughout although it was a bit cliché and generic at times. The background details into Misora's past and her mother were well done. And now it looks like we'll finally be getting lots of Rico next week. Dank.
Jul 29, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
Really enjoyed this episode. Also, does this episode tell us that people lose their memories of sky wizards who die? Really like Misora's mom. She was really clumsy and bad at house work. I also love how she really loved life and the people around her. Idk why her personality reminds me of Goku lol. Looking forwards to next episode!
Jul 29, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2011
Misora's route is unlocked. Her flag has been raised.

Its Rico's turn next time. I'm still hoping for action in future episodes.
Jul 29, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
I might be overthinking but I thinkn that Real Nua guy will do something against Kanata.

Good development story for Misora.
Jul 29, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2010
Think this is one of the best episodes so far we finally got a background explanation even if it was a bit rushed.
And it's clear why Misora wanted to use the sword, now the question is will she succeed in using it's full potential.

And will Rico finally start taking things seriously.
Jul 29, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
A pretty good episode - it kept me somehow entertained till the end. I'm glad they put a lot of development for Misora's character. Hopefully, the next episodes will display the same amount of effort they did for this one.
Jul 29, 2015 12:05 PM
Feb 2015
Lots of development for misora. We now know why she is so obsessed with the weapon. Sad that her momma died protecting the city, and it's really sad how everyone forgot about her...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 29, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2015
A good episode overall although I'm lost on why the naturals forget their memories of Misora's mom and other sky wizards like her in general though. I hope we get an explanation of this later on.
Jul 29, 2015 12:19 PM
Aug 2012
Mizeteo said:
I might be overthinking but I thinkn that Real Nua guy will do something against Kanata.

For some reason I absolutely hate that guy. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him get murked by Kanata.
Jul 29, 2015 12:36 PM

Mar 2013
0/10, Rico was barely in this ep. Just got trashy annoying Misora instead, lame.

Also why the fuck did everyone forget about her mum? Not only is this show terrible, they're not even explaining the stupid shit that happens in it.
Jul 29, 2015 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
Bits and pieces for a decent story are there but holly shit, it's so horribly written. The way characters interact - no, screw it - the way conversations go is so unnatural and cringe worthy.

For a moment I thought he will convince the annoying redhead to stop spouting nonsense and change the weapon to something she can use but nope, the had to go with"her resolve" and "I'll be the first" bullshit as usual. Be creative for fucks sake, make sense!

Why anime studios hire such poor writers to shit out stuff like that... Are these people completely unable to tell a story?
AntanaruJul 29, 2015 1:01 PM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 29, 2015 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
Antanaru said:
Bits and pieces for a decent story are there but holly shit, it's so horribly written. The way characters interact - no, screw it - the way conversations go is so unnatural and cringe worthy.

For a moment I thought he will convince the annoying redhead to stop spouting nonsense and change the weapon to something she can use but nope, the had to go with"her resolve" and "I'll be the first" bullshit as usual. Be creative for fucks sake, make sense!

Why anime studios hire such poor writers to shit out stuff like that... Are these people completely unable to tell a story?

This^. Its too generic and lacks effort overall even this episode was better than the others imo
Jul 29, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
So much hate for this series I'm seeing from these comments. This was probably one of the better episodes as the others have been lackluster. No ice cream man appearance :(
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 29, 2015 1:46 PM

Sep 2013
Poor pops and Misora :'(
The FEELS :'(

Jul 29, 2015 2:51 PM

May 2015
This finally gave us some backstory, i can see her becoming a very powerfull cannon swordsman, i wonder if theres gunna be romance?
Jul 29, 2015 2:58 PM

Dec 2013
Best episode yet, hope its maintain!
Jul 29, 2015 3:03 PM

Dec 2013
SilentSuicideHD said:
This finally gave us some backstory, i can see her becoming a very powerfull cannon swordsman, i wonder if theres gunna be romance?
I'll give you a hint...
Jul 29, 2015 3:12 PM

May 2015
Liked this episode. A lot more than the previous ones. I liked Misora's backstory, sad thing. And little Misora was pretty kawaii too. Nice development there. Hope it'll keep up like this.

Jul 29, 2015 3:57 PM

Dec 2013
The mechanics of this title is a bit confusing. So Sky Wizards are completely forgotten by Normals that they associated with when they die? All memories wiped clean from their minds? So what happens to some Normal who only associates with Sky Wizards when all the Sky Wizards that they knew suddenly die? They'd end up having absolutely no memories at all then, no? Misora's dad and neighbors completely forgot all about her mom, right? Then shouldn't the dad be confused as F? It's like, one day you suddenly have a "daughter", but you don't remember why you have her and who you had her with. Wouldn't you be questioning why you even have a daughter then? Or even if she really IS your daughter?

It'd be even worse if the daughter herself was normal too. She'd suddenly wake up one day and be like "Why was I born? Who gave birth to me? Why do I exist on this planet?"

This is all so confusing and leads to some pretty generic conversations between our characters.

Mechanics and cliche banter aside, I guess they did better to develop Misora's character this week. Lecty had some decent moments, and even Yuri girl's screen time made me reassess my opinion of her (for the better that is).

Overall an improvement from previous weeks.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 29, 2015 5:16 PM

Oct 2013
This shit's so bad it's not even funny.
Jk

Jul 29, 2015 5:34 PM

Jun 2013
Teriffic episode! Bets so far! :)
Jul 29, 2015 6:44 PM

Feb 2015
This show is so terrible, but for some reason I just can't seem to drop it...
Jul 29, 2015 7:33 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Misora T____T
Jul 29, 2015 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
bad show is bad
it's ep 4 and they didn't even change the OP that pick from episode's scene
painful, but I'll stick
Jul 29, 2015 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
Best ep thus far, but it's still a bad episode filled with cliche.
Jul 29, 2015 9:33 PM

Aug 2013
Episode with a good dose of drama, but development remains slow, and I still did not see the battles that I expected, and I begin to dislike the protagonist's personality, wanted to see something like he said he understood that the reason and would support Misora, but he tries to look very good and says he was testing her, none humbleness, but I'm liking the girls in the anime, especially Misora that was very cute in this episode ..
Jul 29, 2015 10:01 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is almost as bad as Walkure Romanze.

Did I just see an older Rias Gremory.
Jul 30, 2015 12:15 AM

Apr 2009
still not going to watch this episode and seriously why the red-haired girl's mother throws her up ??????? o.O
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 30, 2015 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
Tropicalwood said:
Mizeteo said:

For some reason I absolutely hate that guy. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him get murked by Kanata.

Same here. I would like to see him get trashed. Maybe he will do something about bugs because the first time he appeared was when he was studying it. Or hostage Yuri. That bastard.
Jul 30, 2015 5:37 AM
Jul 2015
Guys, I have some very deep questions concerning the battle scene with the bugs in Misora's mum flashback at the beginning.

1. How come Misora's mum was able to defeat such a huge horde of Devil Beetles all by herself, when she hadn't got some fire support from at least 2 high-level Magic Cannon users?

2. How come in the zoom-out of the battle scenes, huge numbers of bugs are destroyed seemingly simultaneously in a short span of time of seconds? As far as I know, only a long range wide beam blast from Magic Cannon users could do that (Like the one fired by Chloe Zeveni in the first episode when she fired blasts of huge long ranged magic beams at the swarms of bugs). Did Misora's mum fired her cannon blast from her Magic Cannon Sword at short-range, like the one she fired at the huge Boss-like Devil Beetle with tentacles?

3. Do you guys think that Misora's mother's combat capabilities as a Magic Cannon Sword user is as good as Kanata's?

4. I think that the Devil Beetles primary foot-soldies, Archenar-class are pretty easy to kill via Magic Blasts at medium-range if they fly in tight and close formations. However, if they fly in more dispersed formations, and in more erratic movements, they would be harder to target and kill individually or in groups. The only reason why they don't make such tactically smart flying formations is probably due to their low intelligence level. However, they might have some sort of "Hive Mind" complex where, if their magical senses or consciousness is connected with a High level class of Beetle, that can lead and direct them to fight better by making them fly in more complicated and dispersed formations, would make them much more harder group of foes to fight off ( and that requires more teamwork from significant fireteams of Sky Wizard ). Do you guys agree with my analysis.

5. How come in this episode, once Misora Mother killed the big Boss Beetle with tentacles shooting beams, all the other bugs exploded just like that? I thought that the Bugs would just flee once their leader is killed.

I hope someone could answer the questions above. Thanks everyone. You guys here ROCK! ;)
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jul 30, 2015 6:26 AM

Jan 2011
Tropicalwood said:
Mizeteo said:

Definitely expecting him to be some batshit insane stalker.

Misora's backstory was pretty standard though the memory loss from the Naturals really hurt.
zerorequiem_ said:
Some nice insight on her past this episode. Her poor mama though...

And loli Misora ftw
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jul 30, 2015 7:45 AM

Mar 2014
Great Episode! we see some character development for Misora here, and also her reason for her attitude, again i really like the MC mentor here, understanding his students and their abilities then improve on them, Good im liking this series more..ep 8/10 ;)
Jul 30, 2015 7:47 AM

Feb 2015
No Icecream man to save this episode..

This show is just getting by on my watching list, the only thing saving it is the main MC, dude better be a badass and have some dark reason to be called "traitor". Still one of the weakest show's of the season..

Anyway, it was a decent episode, also feel bad for the guy in glasses, first love is gone already lol
Jul 30, 2015 7:55 AM

Jun 2013
Misora's back story
Jul 30, 2015 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
terminador_2397 said:
A good episode overall although I'm lost on why the naturals forget their memories of Misora's mom and other sky wizards like her in general though. I hope we get an explanation of this later on.
Jul 30, 2015 2:43 PM

May 2012
While the episode wasn't that bad, they had to ruin it with some pretty stupid stuff:

• Naturals forgetting ... euh ... non-naturals? What is this about? You can't just drop this on people in episode 4 like it's nothing! Does this mean there are two races of people? Naturals and others? How exactly does that work?
  • I thought for a brief moment we would see some good character development. For me this means Misora grows up and stops hanging on to the sword from her mom. A split second I got hope because this instructor seems to think as well. But then NO, she will overcome the fact that she is not suited for it by pure DEDICATION! Of course this isn't a problem. It's not like if you are physically bad at something, dedication won't help much. Of course it will! It always does.

Excuse the ranting. I got my expectations up for a moment, against my better judgement.
Jul 30, 2015 6:33 PM

Aug 2012
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Guys, I have some very deep questions concerning the battle scene with the bugs in Misora's mum flashback at the beginning.

1. How come Misora's mum was able to defeat such a huge horde of Devil Beetles all by herself, when she hadn't got some fire support from at least 2 high-level Magic Cannon users?

2. How come in the zoom-out of the battle scenes, huge numbers of bugs are destroyed seemingly simultaneously in a short span of time of seconds? As far as I know, only a long range wide beam blast from Magic Cannon users could do that (Like the one fired by Chloe Zeveni in the first episode when she fired blasts of huge long ranged magic beams at the swarms of bugs). Did Misora's mum fired her cannon blast from her Magic Cannon Sword at short-range, like the one she fired at the huge Boss-like Devil Beetle with tentacles?

3. Do you guys think that Misora's mother's combat capabilities as a Magic Cannon Sword user is as good as Kanata's?

4. I think that the Devil Beetles primary foot-soldies, Archenar-class are pretty easy to kill via Magic Blasts at medium-range if they fly in tight and close formations. However, if they fly in more dispersed formations, and in more erratic movements, they would be harder to target and kill individually or in groups. The only reason why they don't make such tactically smart flying formations is probably due to their low intelligence level. However, they might have some sort of "Hive Mind" complex where, if their magical senses or consciousness is connected with a High level class of Beetle, that can lead and direct them to fight better by making them fly in more complicated and dispersed formations, would make them much more harder group of foes to fight off ( and that requires more teamwork from significant fireteams of Sky Wizard ). Do you guys agree with my analysis.

5. How come in this episode, once Misora Mother killed the big Boss Beetle with tentacles shooting beams, all the other bugs exploded just like that? I thought that the Bugs would just flee once their leader is killed.

I hope someone could answer the questions above. Thanks everyone. You guys here ROCK! ;)

Not a LN reader here, but most of things you said above only happened because of low budget and/or poor choreography (maybe).
Jul 30, 2015 9:12 PM

Mar 2013
That was a pretty emotional episode, but I'm glad to see development in the characters :) next is Rico!
Aug 1, 2015 8:19 AM
Jul 2015
So far, I think this is the best episode. It shows Misora's background and why she really want to be Gun Blade User.

Her mother sacrifices just looks like in those American War Movies. But still, the part of when the Naturals forget about her mother is confusing, really stupid, or worse totally BS. It's like those peoples never got history lessons.

Too bad, there's no ice cream guy in this episode T_T
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

135 by Lolicon »»
Aug 22, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2015

66 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2015

60 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2015

57 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

68 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.