Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2015 9:23 PM

Mar 2014
The little bit at the end with the crossed off silhouettes and characters kinda remind me of the Danganronpa way of crossing of killed characters at the end of the episode. Well anyways it was an ok start, but nothing too outstanding other than the art and animation.
Jul 5, 2015 9:41 PM

Jan 2014
Aww and I liked that girl too...
Jul 5, 2015 10:06 PM

Apr 2012
Kind of lame to be honest. Cramming a lot of character expositions in that frankly could have waited till later, and the whole sacrifice for the dragon covenant - while a good plot twist in theory - was made dumb in this because it sounded like Mashiro was aware that if Ibuki were ever to make a pact with the Red Dragon, he would be made to kill those close to him, and spoke of it like common knowledge even though it's very clear that Ibuki himself was clueless that was how it worked. Either Ibuki should have known about it or Mashiro shouldn't have.
Jul 5, 2015 10:37 PM

Jun 2014
Did anyone read that huge wall of text in the middle? That's your exposition of the world for you.
The art is not my cup of tea but it was an ok episode.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 5, 2015 10:39 PM

Feb 2013
I dunno about the hate that its getting from the comments, but it felt kinda rushed to me, in that there were some scenes where it felt like some parts were missing, etc. Still, not the worst, so I'll keep watching.

Oh the ending screen makes me nervous. Please don't kill everyone for the sake of it...
Jul 5, 2015 10:39 PM

Jun 2013
Well i thought that this was spectacular, i guess not many share my opinion
Jul 5, 2015 10:43 PM

Jan 2014
It was okay...

The art in general is good but the animation is kinda off. Story-wise, I have no idea what to think of it. It's like a less structured Arslan, "guy-wants-to-be-king-to-save-country". And all it took to drive him to that resolve was the redshirting of multiple background characters.

Overall... It was pretty meh. I love the OP though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2015 10:50 PM

Jan 2015
waited a few days for this to be subbed and I was not disappointed.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 5, 2015 11:33 PM

Feb 2015
It's was hard to understand what was going on at times but the first episode shows promise.
Jul 5, 2015 11:36 PM
Nov 2013
Bout damn time subs came out. But wasn't really impressed until the end of the episode. It has potential, but I'm a little unsure right now. Really like the animation ad character designs, reminds of Type-Moon.
Jul 5, 2015 11:38 PM

Sep 2014
A bit disappointed but it's only the first episode so I'll watch more.
レムって、誰のこと?
Jul 5, 2015 11:45 PM

Jan 2014
my honest opinion... this episode already pissed me off, knowing that it's obviously his fault that the girl with him died.. because of that attitude of his being so afraid, and a lot of what ifs questioning.... (=_=)
man I hate whimpy mc guys like this...(Ibuki)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jul 5, 2015 11:49 PM

Dec 2012
That's not as bad as I expected, but it's certainly borderline bad. The characterization was pretty weird, especially the pacifist character of Ibuki. Him, as a pacifist, being diligent at training his swordsmanship is fine, but to refuse doing sparring? I understand that the writer wanted to emphasize his character, but it does not make sense for him to refuse to do a sparring with practice swords.
What's even weirder was how Ibuki & friends did not know about the prohibition to bring swords while Fugaku seemed to know that.
And of course, Mashiro's death did not have a lot of impact. We did not get to know her & care about her. I get the feeling we will see more of that kind of death.
Overall, this episode was disappointing, badly directed, & seemed to have low production value.
I like anime.
Jul 6, 2015 12:23 AM

Jun 2014
This wasn't as good as I thought it would be but it was somewhat decent. Maybe the next couple of episodes will (hopefully) change my mind a little
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 6, 2015 1:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I decided to watch this just because the premise reminded me of Shingeki no Bahamut but... ehhh that was pretty bad. Like the lack of proper characterization and explanations aside, what is up with anime trying to be all emotional and tragic in the very first episode? Has that ever worked even once? Why the hell would you feel touched over a random girl dying who you barely even know yet? Seriously it's like the AnoHana syndrome all over again...

Curious about that frame at the ending though with the character cast shown and the dead girl crossed out, pretty obvious what that implies. Naturally a blatant copy-pasta of Danganronpa in that sense but it'd at least make it more interesting than what this episode gave us... I hope

FireEmblemIke24 said:
Did anyone read that huge wall of text in the middle? That's your exposition of the world for you.
I paused the video to read it all, but that was still incredibly lazy to me :s
HaXXspettenJul 6, 2015 1:35 AM
Jul 6, 2015 1:49 AM

Apr 2013
I only watched this to get out of my comfort zone a little. I think it was OK. I liked the art and music.

As for the story, it was a little messy,and the fact that someone died in the first episode isn't too good, but I'm still interested to see what happens next.

HaXXspetten said:

Curious about that frame at the ending though with the character cast shown and the dead girl crossed out, pretty obvious what that implies. Naturally a blatant copy-pasta of Danganronpa in that sense but it'd at least make it more interesting than what this episode gave us... I hope

Well, if they are going Danganronpa style, I guess I can at least expect this to be stupidly entertaining. but I don't think this show will succeed as a "serious" show.
Jul 6, 2015 2:21 AM

Apr 2013
kinda meh.

character designs are all over the place, music was decent, animation was kinda choppy and the fight scene at the end was too short to really judge, not a fan of the mc
Jul 6, 2015 2:40 AM

May 2015
Not a huge fan of the Art, the eyes looks so off.
This has potential eventhough being a bit cliche
Jul 6, 2015 2:55 AM
Sep 2014
Not a bad episode one by any means imo but like I'm getting so tired of them killing off the cute character first and this is totally going to be an anime where it's like Don't Get Too Attached To The Characters am I right?
Jul 6, 2015 2:55 AM

Jan 2015
It was ok.
I didn't have high expectations for this, so i wasn't disappointed.

JPthugnificent said:

Oh the ending screen makes me nervous. Please don't kill everyone for the sake of it...

Please kill everyone for the sake of it!
Jul 6, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 2013
Nasu wrote that blone dude. You can tell because that guy is very deep and complex already.

Anyway that was rather bland. We have our usual CHOSEN ONEE who obviously has but one goal: to mamoru his nakama. To trigger him we kill off a random girl that they expect us to care for. How can you not grieve after seeing her meet such a tragic end. What a joke.
Character designs also look pretty dumb for the most part which makes it hard to take seriously.

Funniest part of the episode was when that high rank Kouka girl called the flying pegasus thingy "primitive" and went to chase it with a horse. Brilliant.
Jul 6, 2015 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
Is there any group of kids that survives the first episode? They always have to be exterminated and leave only 2 behind... it would be way more interesting to see the whole group of kids surviving in the environment...

Anyway, I guess that there's a possibility of the others MC being killed?
Jul 6, 2015 3:57 AM

Aug 2014
Not too bad first ep. It was a more than a little rushed compared to the novel and the subs were a bit off though.
"You can't do anything but complaining" "spare my lifes!" and "converting the soul most precious as blade" was, uh, yeah, among a few other things.
And naming problems;
"Ro"-->Lou
"Soirot"-->Swallow
"Meril"-->Meryll

Swallow and Meryll were great, anyway, pretty fun seeing them animated. Why'd they change his hands from black though, my source purism feels triggered.
CGI was ridiculous af and animation was lazy though and Red Dragon looked like a digimon evolution or something lol.
Cheesier on screen than on page but not terrible so far I guess.
OP is the best thing to come out of this yet though.
InsertanamehereJul 7, 2015 12:53 PM
Jul 6, 2015 4:06 AM

Feb 2014
So looking at previews for next episode 'To save a friend, you must kill a friend' - I gather he must make a 'sacrifice' everytime he uses his power. Damn....looking like it'll be an interesting ride.
Jul 6, 2015 4:20 AM

Dec 2012
HaXXspetten said:
I decided to watch this just because the premise reminded me of Shingeki no Bahamut but... ehhh that was pretty bad. Like the lack of proper characterization and explanations aside, what is up with anime trying to be all emotional and tragic in the very first episode? Has that ever worked even once? Why the hell would you feel touched over a random girl dying who you barely even know yet? Seriously it's like the AnoHana syndrome all over again...

FireEmblemIke24 said:
I paused the video to read it all, but that was still incredibly lazy to me :s

The recent anime Plamemo managed to be all emotional on the very first episode, & that's impressive(the first episode alone though).
Anohana syndrome? What's that?

The scene where Mashiro crossed out was just screaming, "Get ready for a death parade of characters that you do not care about!"

I think that's nice to put some kind of plot-unrelated exposition like that rather to put it in the dialogue, just like in Attack on Titan. Because if that kind of exposition explained by the character, it would end up feeling like an info dump & a waste of time.

TheNaturalPerm said:
Nasu wrote that blone dude. You can tell because that guy is very deep and complex already.

Boom! What a jab!

Silver4000 said:
Anyway, I guess that there's a possibility of the others MC being killed?

Of course! This is going to be "deep, tragic, & edgy" anime.
I like anime.
Jul 6, 2015 4:21 AM

Nov 2013
Absolute waste of time.
Jul 6, 2015 4:31 AM

Apr 2015
What an awesome and dramatic way to show/unleash a heroes power.... kill his beautiful friend...... THAT SUCKS.

From the looks of the ED, it'll be a depressing anime.... I'll give it 2-3rd try.
RPSB9Jul 6, 2015 4:37 AM
#CHEXIT
Jul 6, 2015 4:35 AM
Dec 2014
I can't get over the weird eyes, I find them so unsettling. I found myself waiting for the episode to be over and not caring what happens in the next episode. This anime appears to be not for me. Perhaps someone else will get more enjoyment out of it.
Jul 6, 2015 4:52 AM

Dec 2014
Well, it looks like there's going to be a lot of deaths. Second half of the episode was much better, though I'm not liking the MC that much. Then again, the death of Mashiro might act as a catalyst, so my opinion on that matter might change.

Love the lack of censorship and the action wasn't that bad. The OST is pretty unique and I'm enjoying the art style and visuals.
Jul 6, 2015 4:57 AM

Mar 2015
Looks like the new anime to hate on for most people...
TheNaturalPerm said:

Anyway that was rather bland. We have our usual CHOSEN ONEE who obviously has but one goal: to mamoru his nakama. To trigger him we kill off a random girl that they expect us to care for. How can you not grieve after seeing her meet such a tragic end. What a joke.
Character designs also look pretty dumb for the most part which makes it hard to take seriously.

Funniest part of the episode was when that high rank Kouka girl called the flying pegasus thingy "primitive" and went to chase it with a horse. Brilliant.

Pretty much.
Hope it improves atleast a little in the following episodes,because this was pretty damn bad.
Not that I expected it to be but it's too bad that Chaos Dragon is not another Lodoss War :/
_HeroKenzan_Jul 6, 2015 6:49 AM
Jul 6, 2015 5:00 AM

Jan 2015
Annuvin said:
I was surprised to read this is not a video game adaptation, sure seems like another shitty one.

Well, this is role-playing game adaptation.
Jul 6, 2015 5:23 AM

May 2014
The sub finally came out and I gotta say this was disappointing :(
I'll continue and I hope it'll get better as time progresses, we haven't seen too many fights so I'm still anxious for that.
The art looks nice though, probably the only reason why I'm still watching this.
Alot of character introductions, they could have waited for that. The only name I know now is Ibuki which I probably won't know anymore by tomorrow.
But oh well 5/10 for this episode.
Jul 6, 2015 5:33 AM

Aug 2014
I would be ashamed to run a RPG session like that.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 6, 2015 5:46 AM

Nov 2012
That moment
Jul 6, 2015 5:49 AM

Jun 2014
That dragon looked pretty dope
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2015 5:50 AM

Aug 2014
ElKiddoLoco said:
That dragon looked pretty dope

But that I imagine you mean shit.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 6, 2015 5:56 AM

Sep 2012
Narendur said:
Mmhz, don't know what to think yet. First episode was certainly interesting, but I haven't got a clue where it's going.

Did you watch it subbed? I don't know where to find it subbed. I usually use animeshow, but it's been four days, and there's still only a raw version of it.

r0ykun said:
Bout damn time subs came out. But wasn't really impressed until the end of the episode. It has potential, but I'm a little unsure right now. Really like the animation ad character designs, reminds of Type-Moon.

Ah, so it is out subbed. Can anyone tell me where please?

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jul 6, 2015 5:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
vanella96 said:
Narendur said:
Mmhz, don't know what to think yet. First episode was certainly interesting, but I haven't got a clue where it's going.

Did you watch it subbed? I don't know where to find it subbed. I usually use animeshow, but it's been four days, and there's still only a raw version of it.

r0ykun said:

Jul 6, 2015 6:15 AM
Sep 2013
Can't get past those characters design, clunky and silly clothing/armor. Characters faces annoyed me for how dull and lifeless they look.

Plus the story didn't managed to grab me at all, don't like how it is directed.
Jul 6, 2015 6:19 AM

Jan 2013
Wow... I've got low standards and that was still really bad. I loved this particular gem:

MC>"If I make the pact, then I can save Mashiro?"
Dragon>"Sure, if that's what you want."
MC>"I want to change this world!"
Dragon>"Your wish has been heard."
Mashiro>"Am I going to die?"
MC>"That's definitely not going to--"
Dragon>"Kill her."
MC>"What?"
Dragon>"Sacrifice Mashiro. Stab her in the back. Until she is dead."
Mashiro>"This is what the legend told us would happen."

So basically, pacifist kid decides to go out wearing a weapon when he should know that it is illegal, then makes a pact with the dragon when he should already know (via the legends) that doing so means sacrificing those closest to him. And he does it in order to try and save the girl that he should know he'd have to end up sacrificing. This comes as zero shock to the girl, herself, because apparently unlike our idiot MC she actually paid attention in class.
Jul 6, 2015 6:21 AM

Jan 2015
Made a pretty good first impression on me!
The art style is pretty nice & the animation is decent.

don't know about the story yet, need more episodes to have an opinion on that

Credits to MAND4Drawings
Jul 6, 2015 6:45 AM

Sep 2012
Tokoya said:
vanella96 said:

Thanks. I found it.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jul 6, 2015 6:56 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Average.
I don't like the MC.
I just hope it gets better.
Jul 6, 2015 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
CNagy said:
So basically, pacifist kid decides to go out wearing a weapon when he should know that it is illegal, then makes a pact with the dragon when he should already know (via the legends) that doing so means sacrificing those closest to him. And he does it in order to try and save the girl that he should know he'd have to end up sacrificing. This comes as zero shock to the girl, herself, because apparently unlike our idiot MC she actually paid attention in class.

You just sum up how stupid the first episode was. I absolutely agree with your summary.
I like anime.
Jul 6, 2015 7:15 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty fucking meh. Not enough background info so we don't really know much and we didn't even know the girl who died at all which made it like 'pffft catalyst', and the clichés like holy shit so many for example of course the eye just had to be in the chest and the locked chest just sprung open and it went to his chest... and the 'Lady's interest wasn't piqued at the mention of cerimonial dragon sword like come on she should know the legends. Also I don't know know about you guys, but the Red Dragon's voice was pretty bad, it was so robotic and not powerful sounding I wasn't expecting him to talk but wow couldn't they have used something else like Dragonaut, Machine Doll, DxD, or outside-of-anime examples Smaug (hobbit) or even Sapphira (eragon) had more fearsome and powerful voices. I think Koyama, Rikiya would of been perfect well maybe hell play the balck dragon :/ The whole pact thing was cheesy especially when they decided to reuse the Dragon's animation.

Overall I'm unimpressed and underwhelmed, I hope things get better next episode.
Jul 6, 2015 7:19 AM

Aug 2010
Gotta admit the end of the ep was pretty awesome. The tribute killing Mashiro was pretty emotional. She was cute :(

Eiha already best girl <3
Jul 6, 2015 7:26 AM

Feb 2014
I love the art style! Looks so cool! The animation was good expect the CGI dragon, oh god that looked bad.

Pretty cool first episode anyways, don't know how the story will be since I didn't understand almost anything in this first episode, it was a bit weird.
Gonna keep watching anyways, should be fun.
Jul 6, 2015 7:28 AM

Jan 2008
Don't really get the hate. I liked it. The depressing atmosphere was present, the world was established, even though pretty sloppy, and the final scenes in the episode were pretty well made. I especially loved how they payed attention to his hand position while drawing the sword for the final attack. Also, the red dragon is borderline insane and evil, so I don't see how him lying to the MC is any shock.
Jul 6, 2015 7:31 AM
Feb 2015
It was alright. Very slow in the beginning and it didn't catch my attention. The second half was interesting especially with the battles and the sacrifice. Seems some what similar to akame ga kill, and owari no separah.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 6, 2015 7:42 AM

Jun 2015
I hope it doesn't turn akama ga kill v2
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

108 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 5, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

187 by OweynLupton »»
Jan 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

40 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.