Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2009 3:34 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Most of the episode is pretty interesting, but it’s overall not as exciting as I would have liked. So now even Nagi thinks that Nina could be the real princess. But…the more they hint that someone is the real princess, the more I want to think that they’re going to pull a fast one on us. Nagi also thinks that Arika isn’t needed anymore for the Harmonium, but my gut instinct tells me that he’s wrong. From what we’ve seen so far, I’d think that all three girls would be needed to activate the Harmonium. The Jabal, this is quickly becoming the most overused plot device in recent memory. First it was used to allow the Aswad to find Mashiro, then it was used to get Arika to use her powers, and now it’s being used to get Mashiro to realize that she wants to lead her people. No more Jabals please.
Jun 26, 2009 3:53 AM

Jun 2009
I thought that was a very touching scene, the one where Mashiro announced her intention to take pack her country. I've also always found the relationship of Mashiro and Arika fascinating, I mean they used to hate each other. But, as the series as gone on they've gotten closer and closer. Culminating in the scene where they officially became master and Otome.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 9, 2009 9:28 PM

Jun 2008
With the lessons she learned recently Mashiro finally found new determination to became the queen she could be.
Arika also seems to have stabilized her heart so i assume that from now on we are gone see a lot of action.

By the way something very sick looks to have happened in that room of Shizure. WTF was all that toys?
Nov 22, 2009 6:28 PM

Mar 2008
Monad said:
With the lessons she learned recently Mashiro finally found new determination to became the queen she could be.
Arika also seems to have stabilized her heart so i assume that from now on we are gone see a lot of action.

By the way something very sick looks to have happened in that room of Shizure. WTF was all that toys?

I don't even want to think about what the hell went on in that room. Let's face it that girl is pretty messed up in the head. Oh well at least Shizuru had a little fun with it all.

Great growth for Mashiro here. It took a lot for her to stand up for those people after they caused the death of Aoi. Would have been easy to let the cycle of hatred continue and watch them all die. Instead she got Arika to fight and put everything on herself to protect those people.

Still maybe Mimi was right that it was a punishment for enjoying the death of Aoi so much. Of course also showed she wasn't a bad kid which made her actions the harder on Mashiro.

Amazing how much Asward let's themselves get manipulated. Do they do anything that isn't planned out by someone else? Instead they are always getting lead around by the nose. They will get their revenge but leave their home once again unguarded. You'd think after what happened they would be more concerned with defence rather than attack.
May 28, 2015 5:08 PM
Aug 2008
Another emotional episode. The internet wasn't working properly so I had to wait two days to get back to the series.
I think I'm going to give it 8. Which is much more than I expected from it. Even though I'm really generous in giving rating.
Mashiro is being much better after the lessons. I'm really interesting in watching Mai-Hime again now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 17 Discussion

freddyncalm - May 15, 2009

8 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Aug 16, 9:48 AM

» There are 2 volumes in this Mai-Otome Ayane's Saga. One is Ayane's Descend and the next volume after is Ayane's Flight. Here is the sneak preview of the Ayane's Descend Prologue.

TPatrioticOtaku - Jan 25, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 5, 7:33 PM

» Official name of the war in Mai Otome

jelabarre59 - Aug 26, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 4, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 18 Discussion

Gretel - Feb 11, 2009

7 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

9 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.