Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2015 2:17 PM

Jan 2012
This thread is for the discussion of Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu.
  • Posts of any length are encouraged. However, in the case of very long posts, make sure each point made is concise or concise enough; it should always be easy to follow. In the case of very short posts, make sure what little you've said offers potential for further discussion.
  • Instead of writing from scratch, you can also try responding to a stance taken by a previous person, or elaborate on any interesting comment you've seen in the discussion so far.
  • Please try not to form too many comparisons. This makes it difficult for you to properly explain the significance of each one. Furthermore, you are limiting the scope of your message only to those who are familiar with the titles you are referencing.
  • Although it is natural for a conversation to take on a life of its own, avoid dragging the discussion completely off-topic.
  • Always be sure to exercise common sense, common courtesy, and clarity of argument.
mosaic_Apr 13, 2015 6:59 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 28, 2015 7:27 PM

Apr 2012
I still feel like it's a waste to have left what was said in the comments section, maybe we can pick up where we left off or something. Though, if no one minds if I put it here...
GotanonMar 28, 2015 7:32 PM
Mar 29, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2009
I was really underwhelmed that there was no thematic elements used to explain the Parasytes, and instead they were simply an allegory for human survival. The entire Gotou segment of the series felt like the writing committed suicide. It was a cop out as bad as War of the Worlds. Show could have been way more than a bloody shounen, really disappointed though I was mostly entertained.

Also the soundtrack is stupid and disjointed, why is dubstep suddenly excellent if you put it in anime? I have a lot more complaints about this anime than I have good things to say.
Apr 5, 2015 12:16 PM

Feb 2012
@Detective:

I thought having the parasites representing human animosity (or desires of the id) was fine: that it didn't need to expand to anything else beyond that.

It also isn't just a bloody shounen??? I feel like a lot of people missed the environmentalist messages mainly because of the poor handling of it (I'm currently reading the manga to see if it might've been the omitting of more meaningful dialogues or monologues -- that tends to occur when you're adapting shows and want to make it more attracting to the younger audience).

Then again, when it comes to the writing itself it is a little questionable too, like Gotou being killed by some pollution waste was just too heavy handed and I was a little wtf'd by it for a moment.

It is a good show though, I certainly found it at times intelligent yet willing to stick to being an action/adventure series for the most part.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Manga: Onanie Master Kurosawa

lpf - Apr 3, 2015

3 by Kuiper »»
Aug 21, 2018 9:31 PM

» Topic: "Buzzwords" and popular words/phrases you'd rather not see in critical discourse

lpf - Dec 12, 2014

16 by LuckyKrystal »»
Jan 12, 2016 12:33 AM

Sticky: » Spring 2015: General Discussion

mosaic_ - Mar 20, 2015

15 by danz »»
Jun 23, 2015 6:44 AM

» Topic: What really defines "pandering"?

mosaic_ - Apr 13, 2015

3 by removed-user »»
Jun 21, 2015 5:48 AM

Sticky: » Nominations

mosaic_ - May 8, 2015

1 by xm0123 »»
May 21, 2015 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.