Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 2, 2015 3:24 AM

Jul 2014
Well, back in December when I’m checking around the net regarding the up-coming winter anime, Maria had caught my eye on the first glance. Curious about the series, I looked up more about it and found it tagged under “Ecchi” which caused me some doubts about watching it. I don’t know why but this series still seem like a wrong one to miss.

On January when the first episode was released, I finally get a chance to know what they mean by “Ecchi”. I see that some part does bother me. It made me wanted to drop this anime off already. After a few weeks off from Maria, I continued the second until third episode by today, and I found myself lucky I didn’t leave this series.

For those who found doubt about watching this series because it is said to be “Ecchi”, screw that idea. Prove yourself that this anime that caught your attention in the first place isn’t a series that will make you regret watching. Even if you can find some scene as, indeed, “Ecchi”, I believe you are smart enough to understand or tolerate the “Ecchi” it has here.
Mar 2, 2015 3:38 AM

Jun 2011
Your point being? Do you think with an "ecchi" tag it is insulting to the series? People who liked it will like it, people who don't won't, and people who are shallow enough to skip something just because of one tag, it's their loss.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 2, 2015 3:44 AM

Jan 2013
I don't know what are the guidelines for putting tags, but seriously it's pretty inconsistent.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 2, 2015 4:08 AM

Jul 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Your point being? Do you think with an "ecchi" tag it is insulting to the series? People who liked it will like it, people who don't won't, and people who are shallow enough to skip something just because of one tag, it's their loss.

Did I mention that? well, for your information, I didn't mean to say it insult the series but being tagged under "ecchi" made some people ran from it. I just want to say that you should think twice about avoiding this series just because it was tagged so. Some people are like seriously anti-ecchi and they might miss some great story here.
Mar 2, 2015 4:13 AM

Jun 2011
02Seto said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Did I mention that? well, for your information, I didn't mean to say it insult the series but being tagged under "ecchi" made some people ran from it. I just want to say that you should think twice about avoiding this series just because it was tagged so. Some people are like seriously anti-ecchi and they might miss some great story here.
That's my point, if they are that shallow, then let them be. To me, reviews and genre tags do not help much in choosing an anime to watch. I'd at least give an anime a few episodes before dropping it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 12, 2015 4:24 PM

Jul 2013
All that psychological disscussion aside, if it's denigrating a series or not based on a tag or w/e....

I don't like having ecchi in a series, and seeing this disscussion, how ecchi is this series?

I mean, if it's filled with ecchi, maybe I don't feel like seeing this. This is the case of, for example, No game no life. It had ecchi in almost every episode, one episode being pure ecchi.

So.. this series, does it have like one scene in 5 episodes, or it's constant?

I'm asking this since normally the tags can be a bit missguided, or aren't very consistent.

And I'm not shallow, I can tolerate it a bit, but I don't want to see something that I don't like. I don't think it's shallow not seeing something that you won't like.

And I don't want to make a big discussion, I just want to know how ecchi is this series.
Mar 12, 2015 4:34 PM

Aug 2014
linkhimura said:
And I don't want to make a big discussion, I just want to know how ecchi is this series.

The girls have boobs. Main character sleeps naked. Implications of sex and gay sex. Not that ecchi.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 15, 2015 9:57 AM

Feb 2014
This show is not ecchi, period. It should be removed from the genre tag.
Mar 15, 2015 11:02 AM

Mar 2008
eXtacy67 said:
This show is not ecchi, period. It should be removed from the genre tag.

Agree. The most ecchi thing is the fact Maria sleeps naked, her witch outfit, and Artemis's outfit. It really doesn't deserve the ecchi tag.
Mar 15, 2015 3:28 PM

Jun 2012
ecchi? Junketsu no Maria?

....what?¿

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 29, 2015 6:41 AM

Feb 2014
I see the tag has been removed
Mar 29, 2015 6:56 AM

Jan 2013
eXtacy67 said:
I see the tag has been removed

Good riddance.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

More topics from this board

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

194 by gswelcome »»
Sep 6, 3:50 PM

» Adoption

sandwich-boy - Oct 18, 2023

2 by Animaticide »»
Oct 18, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2015

79 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 24, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

87 by Sarakitteh »»
May 25, 2023 9:18 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

93 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 13, 2022 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.