Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2015 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I didn't think she could pull it off but showing up like that got me hyped for this episode. Hell, even the other witches notices this.

Maria was pretty daring this episode imo and there were significant risks. The battle itself also got brutal and bloody. Damn..and even Maria gets injured. I'm glad she survived though.
Feb 22, 2015 7:52 AM

Jul 2010
Maria stopping this war had really big consequences especially for France.

The war continuing despite Maria's warning. Ezekiel turning into a spear, seeing her miss though was nice but then another even bigger warning from Michael. This war really negatively impacted how the people of France view Maria. The roaming soldiers wanting to give their revenge too.

Galfa killing his own leader and losing an arm. Everything can be blamed on Maria, I really do hope whatever Bernard and Galfa is planning won't lead to a tragic event. This episode made it clear which people was on which side, especially Viv helping Maria like that.

The granny not responding :/ can things get any crueler...
Feb 22, 2015 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
Damn! What a chaotic first half :O

Maria got REKT! Poor Ezekiel having to do that. Michael is so edgy <_<

Really liking Viv more and more. She really cares about Maria doesn't she ^^

Galfa's part was quite something O_o! The way he went for the kill like that. BA!
He lost an arm from betrayal though. Damn. Things are not looking nice though. He's gonna be out for blood to kill Maria isn't he.

Surprised that Maria's actually quite liked by the witches. I thought they all hated her. And Edwina's pretty nice :3

RIP Oba-sama...I guess.
Feb 22, 2015 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
The OST was so good this episode :)
Feb 22, 2015 8:51 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAA DONT DIE PLZ
Feb 22, 2015 9:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was beyond intense....Like holy shit, from beginning to end I was at the edge of my seat

This battle got really out of hand and the mortality rate was extremely high, both sides going at it with no remorse....The bloodshed set the tone for this episode really nicely

Galfa killing that guy was so unexpected for me.....But then what happened afterwards with the cannon fire...My god that was just sad to see and poor Galfa lost his arm and now he's probably going to the dark side (No pun intended lol) :(

I really felt bad for Ezekial and Joseph the most in this episodes because they're the two characters that are stuck in between both sides and all of this conflict is truly hurting them.

When I saw that spear come for Maria I swear my heart stopped....I was so terrified for her life and I'm really glad that she's okay, but damn that hit me hard...I really don't want her to interfere anymore because I'd hate to see her die....I understand where she's coming from and all but what those witches said to her was right in a sense >.<

I was proud of Viv, Priapus and Artemis in this episode too...Seeing them stand up for Maria made me smile and that other witch is kawaii and her cat is even more kawaii >//<

Overall this episode was really good and I loved it....That reunion between Ezekial and Joseph and everyone else was sweet :'')

P.S. If the grandmother is dead I'm gonna cry TwT
TokoyaFeb 22, 2015 9:36 AM
Feb 22, 2015 10:12 AM

Feb 2014
Oh God. Galfa killed Yvain. I never expected that! Is it because he's actually a moor ?

Goddamn, and he still alive after got shoted by cannon ball. I can see that he's will be a perfect puppet for Bernard.

And from the preview....I wish Lolotte is going to be daijoubu in next episode.

I really like the moment when Maria forgave Ezekiel T^T
That's really touching.

Also, R.I.P Martha Obaa-sama T.T
Feb 22, 2015 10:27 AM

Oct 2014
Looks like Granny has kicked the bucket.
Feb 22, 2015 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
holy maceroni - best episode so far. I feel like the grandma died :(.
Feb 22, 2015 11:15 AM

Oct 2009
kyuudere said:
Also, R.I.P Martha Obaa-sama T.T

:'(
Feb 22, 2015 12:47 PM
Apr 2014
I really don't understand Viv. First she was all against Maria and now she's the one saving her. All because that one time they talked at Marias home? Well can't say I dislike her, though. Edwina is nice, too. Her familiar also is awesome.

The battle was quite something, too. Galfa killing his boss(kinda was on his side there) and then the woman freaking out about it for whatever reason. They are mercenaries. She should be used to brutal behavior even between "comrades". Well, too bad there is no way to heal lost limbs in this story. Looks like this was the last war for Galfa after he gave his arm to that cannon ball. I expected him to die though. For some reason they avoid finishing him off quite heavily.
Feb 22, 2015 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
ok enough of this cartoon
Feb 22, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2014
I love maria, i really do. but she pisses me the fuck off. LIKE COME ON! Do you have any idea how many MORE people just died because of your selfishness?

And looks like I was right! the medicine that Dovey gave to Anne was not the right medicine! Poor Dovey btw, shes grown to really like Maria.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 22, 2015 1:50 PM
Aug 2009
It will be interesting to see the direction this anime is gonna take. One of Maria's last allies have fallen. She now has all of 2 or 3 remaining human allies, the rest have went from annoyed by her to out right wanting to kill her... It is interesting to see that Viv cares so much for Maria though, I wonder who she meant about another who is like Maria, I wonder if she is talking about herself perhaps or maybe Edwina.

I wonder if she can stand against the heavens and those who despise her? And if she stands how many stand with her?
Feb 22, 2015 1:54 PM
Aug 2009
Rebelhero said:
I love maria, i really do. but she pisses me the fuck off. LIKE COME ON! Do you have any idea how many MORE people just died because of your selfishness?

And looks like I was right! the medicine that Dovey gave to Anne was not the right medicine! Poor Dovey btw, shes grown to really like Maria.

Indirectly it is her "fault" but how can you blame her for standing up for what she believes in? The ones at fault are those who refuse the hand that is offered and instead bites it. She tried to stop more deaths by allowing England to retreat, and how does England repay her? By staging a counter-attack? The people here have no morals, no honour, no respect they deserve what is coming to them. If anything I feel sorry for Maria having to stand up for those that don't deserve her and getting punished for it. Feels like the dark knight tbh.
Feb 22, 2015 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
Nanashi- said:
I really don't understand Viv. First she was all against Maria and now she's the one saving her. All because that one time they talked at Marias home? Well can't say I dislike her, though. Edwina is nice, too. Her familiar also is awesome.

>First she was all against Maria

Not really like that. She's just curious about Maria, and when she visit her, she just want to know about her. It's not like she had a grudge against her.

Maybe the impression you get because she a bit annoyed about how naive Maria is, especially when it comes to sex. She knows better than Maria what war is, and she maybe couldn't see what Maria see (wanting peace over war), but it's not like she wants to stop her.

And about the manga...actually I read the spin-off manga, Junketsu no Maria: Exhibition, and here is the spoiler, feel free not to read it if you don't want :

I could say that actually Maria and Viv are similar. They have pure heart, and they have their own ways to do something. For Maria, she doesn't want to help only one faction, and wants that everyone stop to fight each other, as for Viv, she understands that in battlefield, a peace never comes if no one lose, so she decided to help one of the faction, even though peace is not her main motive.
kyuudereFeb 22, 2015 2:13 PM
Feb 22, 2015 2:11 PM
Nov 2008
clannadlover said:
It will be interesting to see the direction this anime is gonna take. One of Maria's last allies have fallen. She now has all of 2 or 3 remaining human allies, the rest have went from annoyed by her to out right wanting to kill her... It is interesting to see that Viv cares so much for Maria though, I wonder who she meant about another who is like Maria, I wonder if she is talking about herself perhaps or maybe Edwina.

I wonder if she can stand against the heavens and those who despise her? And if she stands how many stand with her?

In the manga it was said much earlier and more clear, saying he was crucifix.
So, pretty sure she meant Jesus
Feb 22, 2015 2:31 PM

Jul 2011
Oh I thought Grandma died because of old age. Forgot Dovey gave her medicine (even though I knew it was the wrong medicine at the time).

Intense episode. I didn't except the witches to be so amiable towards Maria.

And beautiful OST, especially when Joseph and Dovey were at the river. Caught myself listening to it more than paying attention to the scene.XD
Feb 22, 2015 2:44 PM

Feb 2013
I really like this anime :D
It's so instense and brutal
I feel sad that Michael is such a heartless basterd..
Feb 22, 2015 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
RIP Barack Oba-sama
Feb 22, 2015 5:04 PM

Apr 2012
Unless I missed something big, this anime had its first major slip-up this episode.

So France is kicking Englands ass, then Maria shows up, does nothing except for blocking a few arros, spear shoots her down and the situations is bascially exactly the same as before she appeared. But for whatever reason, England is now kicking France ass which was obviously overpowering England before.

I know the writers need it to advance the story in the direction its going, but come on really?
Feb 22, 2015 5:08 PM

Jun 2013
I sense some death coming... RIP :(
Feb 22, 2015 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
Even though Maria's a powerful witch and has the obligatory plot armor of a MC, I constantly fear seeing her tortured, and that's because it wouldn't be out of place at all for a mob to do that to a witch in this setting. With every single battle Maria stop's there's more & more hatred building up towards her from a lot of soldiers & mercenaries. They're getting fed up with her and annoyed that they can't touch her, and because of that they'll more likely to take any eagerly take any chance they have, like when she was fell to the ground this episode. This creates a feeling of constant worry, even if I know she won't die.

I'm really hoping Maria'll eventually stop acting so selfish around the other witches at least. She could use some allies if the worst comes to past, especially since they look seem to look out for each other.
Feb 22, 2015 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
Galfa lost an arm.

Maria was nearly getting killed.
Feb 22, 2015 5:38 PM
Mar 2013
Is Viv and Maria going to be a thing? Please be a thing. They're so cute *_*
Though I really like Maria with Joseph as well. Man oh man, why are the characters in this show so good?
Feb 22, 2015 5:38 PM

Feb 2013
baki502 said:
Unless I missed something big, this anime had its first major slip-up this episode.

So France is kicking Englands ass, then Maria shows up, does nothing except for blocking a few arros, spear shoots her down and the situations is bascially exactly the same as before she appeared. But for whatever reason, England is now kicking France ass which was obviously overpowering England before.

I know the writers need it to advance the story in the direction its going, but come on really?

Mmm, think you missed something

9 min 50 seconds, there was some sort of miscommunication with Yvain leaving his post and the front lines no longer had enough troops to fend them off.

They decided they wouldn't get enough spoils on the front lines so they went and dicked around elswhere(4 minutes).

So everyone is like oh karp, we have all these guys running towards the Le Compte and they start shooting cannons at their own troops. At that point it was over

Maria screwed up the battles momentum and everything fell apart for the French.
Feb 22, 2015 6:13 PM

Apr 2012
Scherezade said:
baki502 said:

Mmm, think you missed something

9 min 50 seconds, there was some sort of miscommunication with Yvain leaving his post and the front lines no longer had enough troops to fend them off.

They decided they wouldn't get enough spoils on the front lines so they went and dicked around elswhere(4 minutes).

So everyone is like oh karp, we have all these guys running towards the Le Compte and they start shooting cannons at their own troops. At that point it was over

Maria screwed up the battles momentum and everything fell apart for the French.

Yes but that happened before Maria turned up. Then she turns up and everyone freezes in their place morer or less, there was no repositioning while she was gone. Kind of like pressing the pause button. And once she was gone everything started again, yet suddenly the english had the upper hand.
Feb 22, 2015 7:07 PM
Aug 2014
[quote=kyuudere]Oh God. Galfa killed Yvain. I never expected that! Is it because he's actually a moor ?

it's pronounced moops, the card says MOOPS.
Feb 22, 2015 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
"I've committed a sin."

Definitely the highlight of this episode, the song accompanying that scene was really good as well.
Feb 22, 2015 10:54 PM

Aug 2012
Oh fuck Galfa turning his blade actively on Maria was always the worst thing that could happen, and he is freakin pissed and has psycho priest Bernard to support him.

Sucks for Joseph, I really liked their brolationship.

Looks like even the little people like Ann that still believe in Maria will turn on her if Martha dies. I feel like it's gonna get pretty sad, but at least she got Ezekial's love. That was really nice, well set up and executed.

Also the battle was made so vivid and realistic. Very well done, especially when Joseph tried to let that English soldier go. That is how you do intrapersonal conflict in someone not accustomed to war. GG Production I.G.
Feb 23, 2015 12:38 AM

Jun 2013
This is one of the best episodes so far for me (the second half at least).

Nice to see Viv, Edwina and the other witches as well. If I were Maria, I'd totally side up with them though.

That scene with Ezekiel was really touching ;w;

Is Martha dead?
Feb 23, 2015 3:45 AM

Mar 2013
Galfa lost his arm, Maria is injured. A lot of pain for everybody
So the GrandMa passed away
Feb 23, 2015 7:34 AM
Jan 2015
bgm is great though.... sounds like opera, attack on titan style.
Feb 23, 2015 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
That was a brutal fight. Maria wanted to save everyone, but more died instead. And Galfa lost an arm..
I'm glad Ezekiel missed Maria and didn't kill her. And it was really nice to see how much she cares for Maria now.
It looks like Grandma might be dead already :/

Feb 23, 2015 8:05 AM

Dec 2013
Loving every moment that we get nearer to shit hitting the fan.

As much as it is a virtue for staying true to yourself and sticking to your ideals, if those ideals are not shared by anyone in this world but you, and others are suffering for your ideals, then basically that's just being selfish. And as much as I like Maria for taking what may seem to be the morally correct route, I"m afraid that she's just far too ahead in her thinking, like several centuries ahead.

That said, her ideals really can't be applied in the middle ages, it makes everyone unhappy, and even though she helped to bring Anna's father home, it doesn't mean that he won't be called up again in the near future to another war where he'll potentially lose his life once again.

The fact she is bulldozing everything with brute strength and magic, as opposed to using her brain is the biggest contrast I see when looking at Bernard's faction. There are plenty of idiots on the Church's side, as well as on the side of both England and France, but all you need is just one intelligent man who can use his brain in order to maintain order and to control the masses, be it with propagandized religion or whatnot.

Seeing Galfa on the operating table reminded me of Anakin Skywalker just before he became Darth Vader. I have little doubt that he means to kill Maria for what has happened to himself, and I expect him to be thinking of the most sadistic way of making it happen now. I'm predicting rape and torture, and perhaps he'll force Joseph to watch, or heck to even help him (all in the name of the Church and the Comte of course).

Shit is about to hit the fan, and yet I am so excited for it. I can't wait to see how messed up Maria will get. Her current lack of remorse or care for what she's been doing will make it all the more enjoyable. She needs to learn some life lessons soon, I'm pretty sure that Bernard and Galfa are ready to teach them to her.

I'm sort of glad that this episode set a buffer for her in the form of Viv and the other witches in that Guild though, because she'll be needing all the help she can get soon enough.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 23, 2015 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
Thank Goodness Maria is alive
That scene where Maria "forgives"[not actually saying she forgives Ezekiel, but we know] was really touching
Also that scene where Maria fell and all the soldiers surrounded her
Rape or something came to mind and I was like NOOOOO!!!
but thank goodness Artemis and Viv came to help
Feb 23, 2015 8:21 PM

Oct 2012
hell this anime just got waaaaaay better because of that one episode, that was amazing.
That insert song was beautiful and the episode was so well done.
Feb 23, 2015 9:08 PM

Jan 2013
This is getting better.
Emotional episode.
Feb 23, 2015 9:09 PM

Dec 2013
Damn that insert song was nice!
Goodnight granny.
Garfa could use a hand right about now. *bua dum tss*
Feb 24, 2015 9:54 AM

Jul 2009
Ezekiel and Viv tried their best to protect Maria, hope she takes more care from now on...so Bernard is helping Garfa to recover, I wish he could die, he really wants to kill Maria and I think he might use Joseph.
Feb 24, 2015 1:09 PM
Nov 2009
Probably my favorite episode of the show. Dat ending though, hope granny didn´t get poisoned or something.
Feb 24, 2015 7:39 PM

Mar 2014
YumeNoMonogatari said:
The OST was so good this episode :)

I agree, I noticed the soundtrack and it made the episode much better.
I'm pretty sure Ezekiel gave the Grandmother the wrong medicine. One does simply just give someone random medicine.
I seriously thought she was going to be taken advantaged of when she fell, but thankfully she was saved.
I see Joseph becoming more interested in Maria,hhmmm. ouo
xD
Feb 25, 2015 1:17 AM
Mar 2009
So much happened in this episode!

Ezekiel was able to reduce the damage, choosing to follow her own judgement to value Maria's life over the absolute training of Micheal's hierarchical order system.

The witches all meet up and discuss the situation, perhaps they will work out something that suits everyone....

For once her male familiar didn't complain about his lack of endowment!

And that flash-kick by Viv was awesome, worthy of Guile (Street Fighter 2 lore).

The large scale battle was well presented and really action packed, as well. The director of those scenes deserves kudos for making us feel like we were really there watching it, very tense and engaging.
Feb 25, 2015 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
Joseph and his harem of witches XD can't blame him for getting enticed by Maria's lolicious body

Poor Ezekiel though.. seems like the plot will start heading into climax next episode. I'm curious about that shadow but it might as well be an incarnation of demon.

Viv's overhead kick though...
Feb 27, 2015 7:13 AM

Nov 2011
Episode where everything happens and more, somewhat muddled narrative, perhaps in the cold I can better understand what they wanted to show the authors. For now I'm not sure whether express a positive or negative opinion, but it certainly did not disappoint me, maybe I was not surprised that's all. Not a bad quality of the drawings, OST catchy.
Curious to see which direction will take the TV series, now!
Feb 28, 2015 2:15 AM

Dec 2013
Definitely one of the best episodes so far.

Poor Maria got owned!

Feel bad for Galfa. Even if he kind of deserved it.

Looks like the old lady is gone. RIP Grandmother.
Mar 1, 2015 2:31 AM

Jun 2013
HOW MANY FLAGS?!? -Ghostler Jones
Mar 2, 2015 1:11 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
I read through all three pages here and no one is going to say anything about Edwina's cat? The voice acting for it was very suspicious -- like it didn't sound like it was recorded in a studio at all. I think there's a back story to that.
Mar 2, 2015 5:14 AM

Aug 2014
_Legna_ said:

In the manga it was said much earlier and more clear, saying he was crucifix.
So, pretty sure she meant Jesus

I haven't read the manga but I thought she was referring to Jesus as well.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Mar 5, 2015 11:21 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

The battles were going well until Maria showed up the last minute.

So Viv was talking about someone who tried the same thing Maria did, but in the past.

And it seems in the manga they made it even more clear it was Jesus.

Damn Galfa just killed one of his comrades over gold.

Man i thought Maria was a goner, but good thing Priapos and Artemis and Viv came just in time.

Seems Michael will finally take more notice about Maria. It's funny how Ezekiel didn't feel any emotional attachment to Maria, but now she appreciates her more after spending time with her.

Yay we finally spend more time with the other witches and Edwina.

Maria should really join them if they she still plans on doing her things in her on way. At least she has allies to back up with.

So Martha died!?! :O

So intense! Hope we get more episodes like this!

Can't wait for the next one!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

194 by gswelcome »»
Sep 6, 3:50 PM

» Adoption

sandwich-boy - Oct 18, 2023

2 by Animaticide »»
Oct 18, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2015

79 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 24, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

87 by Sarakitteh »»
May 25, 2023 9:18 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

93 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 13, 2022 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.