Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2014 6:19 PM

Jul 2014
So I've been mulling over what I think this film will be about, but I wanted to ask the MAL community, as I'm always interested in new viewpoints.

Personally, although it's been done before, I think this film could have some sort of huge, international Love Live!, with idol groups (or girl groups in the West) from around the world competing to be the best. In this case, μ's would represent Japan and stuff.

A little bit of an odd theory, looking at the potential problems of it, but interesting nonetheless.

But I want to know, what do YOU guys think?
A critic that can appreciate good anime? What is this madness!?
I sing and stuff. (Critical) reviews probably forthcoming.
Click below to see my list!
Aug 29, 2014 6:33 PM

Aug 2012
μ's goes to London
cute girl doing cute things
subtle yuri moments
drama during preparation for international competition (probably honoka fucking things up again)
drama ends
yuri intensifies
competition results just in
μ's won
yuri explosion

also the nico x maki will be everywhere in the movie, i'm calling it
Aug 29, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2014
So basically the K-ON! film all over again, but with more subtle yuri?

I mean I wouldn't complain, as I loved that film, but it has already been done. Can't they just kill off Hanayo or something? That'd get more viewers interested, out of happiness or rage.

I'm siding with happiness.
Aug 29, 2014 6:54 PM

Feb 2014
How about going with the Im@s route? producer/company saw their Love Live! performance and decided to offer the girls an opportunity to become professional idols.

That route will also give Sunrise a reason to milk the franchise since the 3rd season will focus on the life of the girls as professional idols.
Aug 29, 2014 6:55 PM

Mar 2014
My guess would be idols.
Aug 29, 2014 6:59 PM

Aug 2012
honestly I won't be expecting much out of the movie story wise.

I dunno man, going pro seems to be unlikely from my point of view. I mean they do have commitment issues and stuff. still a possibility though.

hanayo is pretty boring in the anime but is kind of cute in the iPhone game. Or maybe she just looks decent in a swimsuit
Aug 29, 2014 7:00 PM

Jul 2014
See, now that's a more likely option, but what about the girls' education?

I know Nozomi, Eli and Nico have finished school, but compare that to Maki, Rin and Hanayo, who've only done 1 year. It could be passed off as a plot hole nobody (but me) will notice or care about, I guess.

Season 3 is looking more and more like life of the professional idols, but I'd like to see what happens with the imouto. They wanted to join μ's too, but I'd like to see them make another idol group, like how A-RISE only has 3 girls.

This is sounding more and more like the K-ON! manga, both Highschool and College.
Aug 29, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2014
Necro-sama said:
hanayo is pretty boring in the anime but is kind of cute in the iPhone game. Or maybe she just looks decent in a swimsuit

Well, they all look decent in swimsuits. As for the iPhone game, Hanayo has a card that looks nothing like her, which irritates me.
Aug 29, 2014 7:24 PM

Feb 2014
regarding the girls education, Wake Up, Girls! is also an anime about high school girls who entered the world of professional idol. The girls are also studying so most of the scene are either after school hours or during weekends. Im@s was also like that, they're not just showing us on every episode that the girls attend their classes but most of them still go to school.

I agree with Hanayo, but I like her seiyu though.
Aug 29, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2014
OrangeRafi said:
regarding the girls education, Wake Up, Girls! is also an anime about high school girls who entered the world of professional idol. The girls are also studying so most of the scene are either after school hours or during weekends. Im@s was also like that, they're not just showing us on every episode that the girls attend their classes but most of them still go to school.

I haven't had the chance to watch that yet. It looks alright, so I might give it a shot and see if my view on education changes.

OrangeRafi said:
I agree with Hanayo, but I like her seiyu though.

Pile is still a goddess, though. Perfect seiyu for the perfect character.

Maki best girl. *waits for opposing opinions*
Aug 29, 2014 10:43 PM

Feb 2014
CoolshadowFNG said:

I haven't had the chance to watch that yet. It looks alright, so I might give it a shot and see if my view on education changes.

You should watch it, it's not as cute and as vibrant & lively as Love Live! but it really shows the struggles and hardship in the industry.

And if you haven't seen The Idolm@ster, go watch it as well.

CoolshadowFNG said:
Pile is still a goddess, though. Perfect seiyu for the perfect character.

Maki best girl. *waits for opposing opinions*

Of course Pile is the goddess, her voice really fits Maki's character.
Sep 5, 2014 8:25 AM
Oct 2013
Since the first season redid Bokura no LIVE, Kimi to no LIFE in it, and the second season redid Snow Halation, I wouldn't be surprised of the movie redid some of the singles too.
A possibility would be them flying abroad to some place with a seaside.
The plane gives them the oppurtunity to redo Wonderful Rush and the seaside gives and oppurtunity for Natsuiro Egao de 1, 2, Jump!
Since everyone is talking about their opinions I also might as well get mine out there.
Maki is best girl, followed by Nozomi. Uchida Aya is best seiyuu followed by Tokui Sora. :)
Though I like all of them and have nothing against Hanayo which a lot of people seem to.
Sep 5, 2014 8:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
doujin potential
Sep 6, 2014 7:14 PM

Jun 2013
i hope they proceed with some story line, like the sisters or the making of a new group, idk something.
Oct 6, 2014 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
I know this is kinda like K-ON, but I'm guessing that the movie will show the group going on a trip, kinda like a send-off trip for the third years. As for the location of the trip, I hope it'll be another foreign country again (Canada maybe? :3).
Oct 17, 2014 7:43 PM

Aug 2013
Eri/Nozomi/Nico are going to be shown in university, and later on they'll reunite with the rest of Muse and perhaps hold a concert to inspire the younger girls (Eri and Honoka's sisters).

Hopefully the movie contains "Start Dash" at least once. It really is the greatest song in all of Love Live! and I was so pissed when they replayed Susume Tomorrow and S1's OP, but not Start Dash :l
Dec 7, 2014 12:18 PM

Jan 2014
Well, if you notice, until now six girls had entire episodes focused on them. Their backstories, dreams, goals, personal problems...

Season 1:
Eli- ep. 8
Kotori- ep. 9
Honoka- ep. 13

Season 2:
Nico- ep. 4
Rin- ep. 5
Nozomi- ep. 8

So, there are remaining three girls: Maki, Umi and Hanayo. I guess the movie will focus on them.
starlessn1ghtDec 7, 2014 12:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2014 5:33 PM

May 2011
They get upstaged by 765PRO
Jan 1, 2015 4:43 AM
Sep 2014
RockerXD said:
They get upstaged by 765PRO
Wouldnt really be a fair competition considering the end of the Idolm@ster movie lol
Jan 2, 2015 1:40 PM

Sep 2014
I wonder if the mini units will make some sort of appearance?

Also, I must defend her since nobody else will, and proudly proclaim that Hanayo is 100% best girl. Yeah. I said it. Fight me. :P
Jan 15, 2015 6:57 AM

Mar 2013
helderde said:
Well, if you notice, until now six girls had entire episodes focused on them. Their backstories, dreams, goals, personal problems...

Season 1:
Eli- ep. 8
Kotori- ep. 9
Honoka- ep. 13

Season 2:
Nico- ep. 4
Rin- ep. 5
Nozomi- ep. 8

So, there are remaining three girls: Maki, Umi and Hanayo. I guess the movie will focus on them.

I have to disagree, Maki got her OVA so it probably won't focus on her either.

By the way my bae is rin rin ring a bell <3
Jan 16, 2015 8:07 PM
Aug 2010
What are you talking about, obviously Eri best girl, and Nanjo Yoshino is so fucking cute.
Jan 25, 2015 4:08 PM

Jan 2014
figgypudding said:
helderde said:

Season 1:
Eli- ep. 8
Kotori- ep. 9
Honoka- ep. 13

Season 2:
Nico- ep. 4
Rin- ep. 5
Nozomi- ep. 8

I have to disagree, Maki got her OVA so it probably won't focus on her either.

By the way my bae is rin rin ring a bell <3

Well, did you understand that OVA? I didn't get it at all. Crazy. If so, could you explain it to me? Who was that loli Maki and what was her purpose in the story?

The OVA didn't tell us anything about Maki's backstory or her hidden depths. So, I think it doesn't count.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2015 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
I know it sounds idiotic, but I'd like to see a cameo appearance from a certain Muse xD
Feb 19, 2015 7:37 PM

Dec 2007
My first thought was an offer to go pro, but the international level Love Live is also interesting. I doubt if it would be that, though, because it just doesn't make sense really. Something like that would be announced in advance, that the winner of the Love Live would go on to the international competition. So it'd be something implemented after the next Love Live, after the third years are already gone. The pro route sounds more interesting, too, imo, so I hope it's that.

Also since we're getting into the best girl debate, it's Maki. Debate over.
Ich verstehe nicht

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! The School Idol Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Dodecahedron-O24 - Sep 7, 2015

210 by _MushiRock11_ »»
May 12, 12:50 AM

» What is wrong with them? (Spoiler)

Someone_OwO - Feb 17, 2023

6 by Someone_OwO »»
Mar 8, 2023 9:53 PM

» The way this movie ended gave me depression

Kuraya - Dec 31, 2018

3 by rach1m4n »»
Oct 8, 2021 10:46 PM

» [MOVIE SPOILERS] Who did Honoka actually meet?

maskedapple - Oct 4, 2015

49 by Eira_99 »»
Sep 25, 2020 6:42 PM

» I'm going to NYC, where are the real life locations? Help

PoLoBreak - Apr 6, 2018

2 by PoLoBreak »»
May 9, 2018 8:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.