Forum Settings
Forums

top 10 anime to introduce to newbies or prove to people that anime is just as good as live action movies and series

New
Aug 8, 2014 2:16 AM

Jul 2012
We all know there are people out there who believe anime is ether....

Tentacle rape cartoons.
For children.
Just silly looking animation with no story.
And some say you don't learn anything from them.

Well here's my top 10 anime that will prove them wrong....

In my opinion these are.....What the title says

1 death note.......this got my mother in to anime
2 moribito........a simple but good story
3 Karas........awesome
4 fate zero..........It's a series without fan servies and doesn't take place in school and is mature.
5 clannad..........for those who believe anime can't make you cry
6 the count of monte cristo.......those who believe animes animation is crap
7 monster..........mystery and suspense
8 ever gibli film.......Disney of japan
9 wolf children..............dedication of a mother's love
10 FULL METAL ALCHEMIST..........adventure of brothers

Make your own list and give me your opinions on why you chose them ......as the title says
ClosedCXAug 8, 2014 12:03 PM
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 8, 2014 4:53 AM

Jan 2014
I realy dont have a list,but I do have some anime that could be of some use.

1. Dead Note.......This anime brought a lot of new fans in this wide comunity,and its one of the top 10 off all time in my case.
2. Guilty Crown......I mean come on this is an awsome anime,when you watch this you realy care for the characters and it has a great story,plus its one of the most beautiful anime I ever watched.
3. Another..........They say you cant get scared or get any feels from the characters,well then watch this.
4. Tokyo Ghoul......Same as Another.
5. The World God Only Knows....They say that Harem anime are stupid without any story,then watch this.
6. Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu......If you cant enjoy this then your a idiot,this is just an realy enjoyable show to watch.
7. D-Frag!........This is an anime to people who enjoy comedy,and im sure they will love it.
8. Seitokai Yakuindomo.......This is a great anime that shows that anime is not only for kids and its not Hentai.Plus its realy enjoyable!
9. Needless.........Another great exaple that action and comedy are AWSOME together!
10. No Game No Life.........A good exaple of an badass MC that makes the series enjoyable and exciting.

Honorable mentions:

- Ping Pong The Animation...........A anime that has a different style to it and a realy enjoyable at the same time.
- Highschool of the Dead............Next to those awsome boob movements,this anime has some realy AWSOME animation,I mean have you seen the zombie fights and blood,and it shows that Ecchi anime are great to in more ways then boobs.
- High School DxD..........Even though it's and ecchi anime,but for that reason it shows how a great story it has,some nice art and nice character development,and a realy nicely paced anime.
- Dragon Ball Z,Yu-Gi-Oh,Yu-Gi-Oh GX,Shaman King,Naruto....Those titles may be familiar to some people that are against anime,but they surely watched them as kids or as teens,and rewatching those animes sometimes (mostly) burns a lit in a person's heart,that makes them enjoy it,and over time they just get into anime.
Aug 8, 2014 11:02 AM
Jul 2012
1. Ashita No Joe - Great boxing series that features the greatest anime rivalry, but it also has great story as it explores the downsides of being a boxer such as suffering permanent damage and inflicting harm on others. It's also about how a passion can change an individual into a better person.

2. Jungle King Tar-chan/Jungle no Ouja Taa-chan - Great shonen series that starts off rather comedic with its perverted style humor but surprisingly becomes a better story with arc. It eventually becomes the story of a manly pacifist who cherishes nature and wishes for humanity to be as peaceful as wildlife. The only problem to this show are its below average subtitles.

3. Treasure Island/Takarajima - An anime interpretation of the Treasure Island novel. I haven't read the book but heard this anime does a wonderful interpretation of the story. The highlight for me was the charismatic John Silver whose obsessive quest for treasure amazed me. In terms of story depth, Treasure Island covers the themes of adventure, betrayal, greed, murder and determination.

4. Kaiji & Kaiji 2 - A series that focuses on psychological gambling and forces people to betray their comrades for their own survival. The story is very realistic and dark displaying a depressing outlook to humanity where money is more valuable than a person's life. The plot of show is for Kaiji to win his freedom of the hellish gambles and prove to himself that there's hope in trusting people.

5. Black Jack OVA/Black Jack TV/Black Jack 21
All of these series are mostly episodic by nature uncovering the daily life of an unlicensed doctor named Black Jack. He's similar to Captain Harlock as he is very stubborn and may appear selfish at times but is truly a heroic figure. Most episodes follow the personal philosophies of Osamu Tezuka which include anti-war, the value of life and respecting nature.

6. Mushishi - This anime contains a similar structure to the Black Jack series as it follows a Mushi Master who plays a doctor-like role. Much of the anime follows Ginko's travels across the world where he helps people who have come in contact with Mushi; creatures which are the manifestation of nature. Like Black Jack, episodes can vary in quality but Mushishi's signature traits are its usage of mood and atmosphere as the series relies heavily on music and backgrounds filled with plant life. The anime has developed a very soothing aura when watching but can also bring life lessons and conflicts often dealing with Man Vs Nature.

7. Gintama - It's challenging to get into Gintama as it does begin with a slow start and its humor being very plain as compared to its later episodes. Basically, Gintama follows the mundane life of Gintoki, Kagura, and Glasses who do odd jobs for a living. Once you stick long enough with this series you'll come to appreciate its episodic style of story telling. Some arcs focus on comedy, others are drama and others on action, but this show manages to create a "silver soul" if you will as displays the ups and downs of an adult life but knows how to cheer you up when things are looking down. It's truly a great show that combines multiple genres which shows the skill of its writing and manages to create some hilarious parodies along the way.

8. Fist of the North Star - This is the prime example of a manly shonen whose tale expresses the conflicts of love and sorrow. While the series may seem bland and repetitive at first, the story eventually into one of brotherly conflict with some hints of a romantic drama through the fiancée of the main character Kenshiro. Much of the content centers on the concept of love and how it changes people. Such examples include how those who grew up without love can become heartless and savages; causing murder on a global scale. Kenshiro's main objective is to be the messiah of the world where he bring back peace to this apocalyptic wasteland filled with mad tyrants. His road becomes a bloody path as he battles with many adversaries who are all tragic in their own way, but by the end of the day the world needed a savior.

9. Berserk - Taking place in a medieval period, this series follows the mercenary Guts and his search of a purpose. Most of his life is filled with grief and see's humanity as pitiful but gradually changes his outlook with the encounter of the Band of the Hawk. Keeping spoilers to a minimum, Berserk explores human lusts such as ambition, sexual desires and desensitization of man. Throughout the anime, demons are hinted, thus displaying a physical form to human sins. While Berserk's 1st impression may seem as mindless violence, it later exhibits fate and the gradual corruption of a human being. Berserk borrows a few elements from the 1972 Devilman Manga but places its own spin on the subject matter.

10. Gungrave - Gungrave has a similar story to Berserk as it also focuses on betrayal and corruption but instead takes place in a modern era following the life of two friends joining the mafia. Later on, the series becomes sci-fi heavy but still manages to deliver a great story, regardless of its change in tone. While not as grand in scale as Berserk, Gungrave is still a great mafia anime.
Aug 13, 2014 3:13 PM
Sep 2013
Ok so for me I guess anime is a lot ,but for others its something like cartoons thats meant for kids.I kinda dont how the top 10 should but im rating no.1 as my best anime
10.Hellsing- we all know that blood and gore is something that is not childish so my tenth
9.Death Note - I still dont think that a 10 year old could understand it , because its for more mature audiencies
8.Guilty Crown - I mean who doesnt love romance or a virus that can kill the whole organism population on earth . It even has both
7.Un_Go - Well I love detective anime but this one even has the supernatural in it.
6.Kore wa Zombie desu Ka? - this anime ...oh this anime is just hilarious. I mean we have a zombie as a student at a high school who involves himself in the supernatural but most of them that he meets are women,girls .And as the moment comes he goes to some funny situations.
5. Shiki - if you love vampires or draculas stories you shold like it the first few episodes are slow but then the action begins.
The last four anime are romance drama anime that i cried to so here they are
4.Toradora - a romance comedy ,i cried because the ending was happy as shit.
3.Zero no Tsukaima - I dont ... I cant... ugh.. Its was great .I mean they have put so much into four season but damn it was worth it
2.Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
1.Clannad
I havent written anything for the first and second because these are real tear jerkers I mean even my family watched Clannad and loved it .So this concludes my top 10
Jan 16, 2016 7:31 PM
May 2014
Some of these anime I have not seem, but plan to see. Anyways, on with the list! And as to why I counted up from 10, idk why. I just like doing that for some weird reason.

10. Tokyo Ghoul
9. Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)
8. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Kai (When the Higurashi Cry)
7. Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasyte: The Maxim)
6. Death Note
5. Akuma no Riddle (Riddle Story of Devil)
4. Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)
3. Monster
2. Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin (Rainbow: The Criminal Seven of Compound Two, Cell Six)
Honorable Mentions: Another, Serial Experiments Lain, Code Geass, K (+ Missing Kings and Return of Kings), and Shiki
And Number 1 goes to...

1. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (and the 3 movies)
"Yah!" -Tatsumi (Shiki)
"You see, in our society, the phenomenon you call emotions is a mental disorder." -Kyubey (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
"USODA!!!!!" -Rena Ryuugu (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
"Help me, I'm 13 and I think I have life figured out!" -Onision

Jan 20, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhhbVvM618E

dont forget to subscribe
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jan 24, 2016 1:49 PM
Jul 2013
1.mushishi.
2.Natsume Yuujinchou .
3.Death Note.
4.Fullmetal Alchemist.
5.Magi.
6.Vampire Knight.
7.Berserk.
8.Jormungand.
9.Beelzebub .
10.GTO
May 29, 2023 6:22 AM
Dec 2011
     For a female newbie, I suggest (5):
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Natsume Yuujinchou 
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, movie)
Fruits Basket
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku (My Teen Romantic Comedy...)

For the male newbie (5):
Doupo Cangqiong (Battle Through the Heavens)
Shingeki no Kyojin
KonoSuba
One Punch Man
Black Lagoon (+ Roberta's Blood Trail - OVA)

And for both (5):
Douluo Continent 2 (boys will love battle action and girls - great romance line)
Death Note
Code Geass
Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous)
Monster

My best list is different, not all anime above take all the top 10 places because this is a recommendation - this means that not what you like but what you think they like. And seeing the tops above I don't think everyone understands that.
May 29, 2023 6:24 AM
Dec 2011
@kataangfan12 - you put Mirai Nikki on your list. Are you insane? Do you want that newbie to lose a fate in humankind???
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Your Top 10 Best Animes You Have Seen so Far? ( 1 2 )

ClosedCX - Aug 8, 2014

99 by DreamingGhost »»
May 28, 2023 5:15 AM

» MAL's Top 10 Shaft Anime 2014 (All the Time)

ClosedCX - Aug 4, 2014

1 by MrEpicMichael »»
Sep 21, 2014 11:29 AM

» MAL's Top 10 Funimation Animes 2014 (All the Time)

ClosedCX - Aug 4, 2014

1 by MrEpicMichael »»
Sep 21, 2014 11:27 AM

Sticky: » Rate the YouTube Video Above you.

ClosedCX - Aug 8, 2014

2 by AlveeJK »»
Sep 17, 2014 9:11 PM

» Feedback/ Suggestions

ClosedCX - Aug 5, 2014

1 by removed-user »»
Sep 3, 2014 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.