Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 5:29 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
>Give me some candy or I'll play some trick on you

Ah classic Halloween. It's all about getting that candy and enjoying the treat. Classic. Karin looked cute in her outfit imo
May 27, 2014 7:47 PM
Jul 2012
This series can make anyone day into a good one.
May 27, 2014 8:09 PM

Oct 2013
They need to get together already...
May 27, 2014 9:03 PM
Mar 2012
Oh man, that last page...
May 27, 2014 10:14 PM

Jan 2011
The last page, my goodness Karin!!! ;~; Yutaka is such a baka. Ughhh, the feels. It was a cute chapter though.
May 27, 2014 11:07 PM

Jul 2010
When I figured out he was going to give her the ring, my initial thought was, "Yutaka, you cruel, cruel bastard!" I mean, it has been months since he turned her down after she confessed, and he pulls a stunt like choosing the candy ring out of all the candies he could give her? Why don't you poor a little lemon juice over that open cut while you sprinkle it with salt?

My next thought was, "Is he going to come to his senses?" But, alas, no. Despite his obvious desire for her, he maintains his wrongheaded chivalry-like stance, claiming to be not dating her because he wouldn't want to hurt her when he has to leave, and because he would never want to leave if he was dating her. But we all know that the real reason for his refusing her is that he totally doesn't believe that a girl like Karin would ever really love a loser like himself. His low self-esteem is not only getting in the way of a beautiful relationship, it is also hurting the girl he truly loves. That is a criminal act of self violence. Especially since Karin is the collateral damage!
May 28, 2014 2:04 AM

Jul 2012
Well i still don't get why he turned her down.
May 28, 2014 5:50 AM

Oct 2013
Oh my god that last passage... >////<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2014 2:04 PM
Aug 2011
honeygoat said:
Really freaking sweet. MC needs to grow a pair though.

At this point I'm waiting for the love rival to arrive and steal Karin away. Maybe then he'll man up.
Jun 3, 2014 7:48 AM

Oct 2013
I got diabetes.
Jun 3, 2014 6:40 PM

Oct 2013
I'll never look at ring pops the same way again...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2010
Misiakk said:
Well i still don't get why he turned her down.

There are several reasons:
1) He has the self esteem of a tomato that has been shoved back into the back of the fridge behind the water pitcher and is growing enough varieties of mold to to qualify as a wildlife preserve.

2) He is only going to be living in the city for a short period of time. He has a deal with his parents to take over the family business out in the back of nowhere and his city life is on a short leash. He isn't the type of guy who dates girls halfheartedly. My take on him is that he is the type of guy who, if he commits to dating her, would consider that type of relationship to be practically being engaged. If he dates her, there is know way he will want to leave her when the time comes to go home and run the family business.

3) The two above things combine to make him believe that the is no way in HELL that a beautiful, charming, sweet girl like Karin would EVER in a million YEARS want to move out to the countryside to marry a guy who runs his family's business. After all, she is a city girl, born and bred. She has friends in the city, her mother is there, and to top it off, her mom is ill. There is no way, in his mind, that Karin would want to move to his home town and leave her friends and her mother in the city.
Jul 12, 2014 1:53 PM

Oct 2013
Where is chapter 15?
Jul 18, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
NeedHelp56 said:
zensunni said:

There are several reasons:
1) He has the self esteem of a tomato that has been shoved back into the back of the fridge behind the water pitcher and is growing enough varieties of mold to to qualify as a wildlife preserve.

2) He is only going to be living in the city for a short period of time. He has a deal with his parents to take over the family business out in the back of nowhere and his city life is on a short leash. He isn't the type of guy who dates girls halfheartedly. My take on him is that he is the type of guy who, if he commits to dating her, would consider that type of relationship to be practically being engaged. If he dates her, there is know way he will want to leave her when the time comes to go home and run the family business.

3) The two above things combine to make him believe that the is no way in HELL that a beautiful, charming, sweet girl like Karin would EVER in a million YEARS want to move out to the countryside to marry a guy who runs his family's business. After all, she is a city girl, born and bred. She has friends in the city, her mother is there, and to top it off, her mom is ill. There is no way, in his mind, that Karin would want to move to his home town and leave her friends and her mother in the city.

I personally wouldn't bag on the guy, cause he does have his reasons as to why he wouldn't want to hit and run with Karin. He seems like a good, albeit shy, person, but I still don't believe how Karin, who is an outgoing and charming girl, could fall in love with him. He seems more like a good friend rather a good love interest. It's been a while since I read the chapter where she falls in love with him, but I always thought that her interest in him seemed to have came out of the blue, which makes no sense to me.

Karin seemed like the girl that would definitely have a boyfriend, so I am pretty shocked that she is single. She reminds me of several girl friends I know (I'm a guy) that date older guys (early-20s) in hs.

I don't see her falling for him as that big of a problem. For one thing, she has lived alone with her mom for a long time, from the sounds of it. Since her mom is sick and in the hospital, I would guess that she has been focused on her mother for the past several years. Add in the fact that she has worked for the theme park for a little over a year and that cuts into her social life schedule quite a bit, too.

In terms of the process of her falling for him, it was pretty much a perfect storm. It started out on a high note with him sticking up for her to the janitor guy. You have to figure she had noticed him on the bus before that, since they were the only two at the last stop, and that made her notice him more.

Then he went and did something really kind and caring for her: offering his umbrella to her. Then he displayed some nice vulnerability by passing out right then and there. She took him to her home to care for him, changed his clothes for him, and probably got to feeling a little bit close to him because of that. Sure, he isn't the manliest looking guy in the world, but he is still a guy and not bad looking at that.

Then she found out he was a gardener and he offered to help her with her mom's flowers. She then gave him a hard time about them wilting, even though she clearly knew it was her own fault. That was clearly a playful, teasing kind of thing. Then, of course, there was the big bear costume mix-up, which shifted her focus to him, practically exclusively, for a couple of days. He avoided being on the same bus with her and she desperately wanted to apologize for saying she hated him, since she found out pretty quickly that it was entirely not his fault. (Since she knows that he couldn't get the bear head off by himself and that she wouldn't have been able to hear him talking when he is in it.)

So she spent a sleepless night or two trying to compose an apology letter to him. Then, when she was at her wits end and really wanted to see him to apologize, he sends her a message to her long, complicated e-mail address that he memorized by writing it on the palm of his hand with his finger. When she asks why he remembered it, he tells her that it was full of things he had learned about her since they met, showing her that he really, seriously was paying attention to her and was interested in her. That goes a long ways toward making a girl think you may be something special. Genuine interest and paying attention to small details make him seem like a guy that is worth the trouble.

Dinner together... Dinner at his house... Finding out about his family and the fact that he will be moving back to Niigata eventually... Him cooking curry for her... Promising to take care of the plant for her... and she was hooked.

The water spritz incident may have been the real clincher: "I feel like one of your flowers!"

I just hope it doesn't take too long before Yutaka succumbs to her wiles. It has already been too long, really, but I think he is weakening. RAMPANT SPECULATION:

Spiritchuck said:
Where is chapter 15?

I wish I knew... :(

EDIT: I checked the scanilator's web-site and they have this:
Awaiting Raws
Karin Ch. 15 (July 24)
zensunniJul 18, 2014 2:24 PM
Jul 18, 2014 11:30 PM
Jun 2014
This is unfortunately turning into one of those manga that the only time that they'll be together is when this manga comes to an end. It'll be like this until the end and the ending will be that they start dating and that's it. Meaning there's a good chance that the next chapter will be just as frustrating and depressing as this chapter was.

So much for calling it a romance I would rather call it a tragedy. Hell I've seen tragedies that were nowhere near as depressing as this is turning into.
Jul 23, 2014 2:34 AM
Jun 2014
While it might be true that they know each other's feelings it's been like that for over a third of the series I just don't seen any progress being made on Yukata's part to man up and start dating her and it's been a bit of a time jump in-between the chapters I just don't see anything in the way of a hint as to the event that would make him change so yeah I feel that this frustrating and depressing pace is just going to keep marching on until it reaches a depressing enough point that it forces a change.

Also I have a feeling that this series is going be on the short side seeing as how they're moving towards a certain time and they have already done a 2 month time skip.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itoshi no Karin Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

36 by waalex11 »»
Sep 18, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » Itoshi no Karin Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

11 by Milan-5 »»
May 21, 2022 11:35 AM

Poll: » Itoshi no Karin Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2014

18 by ImmuneDark3 »»
May 19, 2022 7:33 PM

Poll: » Itoshi no Karin Chapter 21 Discussion

RVDA - Jan 22, 2017

0 by RVDA »»
Jan 22, 2017 9:09 PM

Poll: » Itoshi no Karin Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2014

11 by Confucius »»
Dec 19, 2016 2:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.