Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 7, 2014 10:08 PM

Mar 2012
Are you Team Koko or Team Linda? Or even Team Ghost Banri (if you are, you should reevaluate your life, son). Jk. You can be on any team you want.

What do you like about this show? Is it fun? Is it boring? Who is your favorite character? Who's your least favorite character? Which one of these characters are waifu or hazubando material, eh? There's no judging here. Talk away!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 7, 2014 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
i left team koko a few days ago.
my backup was oka, but that was abolished 2 episodes ago.
i dont actually have a team anymore, because i have given up on the show entirely.
Mar 7, 2014 10:50 PM

Mar 2012
:O And you were such a big Koko fan just last week!
What happened to change you so drastically? /shovesmicintoyourface
Mar 7, 2014 11:05 PM

May 2013
Team Koko, but alas with the latest forced drama that I've been spoiled by LN readers
i don't seem to like her anymore, anyways Linda's a-
i think i might end up in Team Ghost Banri with no one left.
I like romance, and I like the college setting they used for it, I like how the main couple affront their problems
and i like the characters interaction , it's fun to watch.
Fav charcter was Koko but now 2D-kun the guy's such a bro.
Least Fav chracter, no one? i mean i haven't come to any anyone they may be annyoing at times, coughLindacough, coughOkacough, coughMitsuocough
waifu material : Koko, real husbando: Banri :3
Mar 8, 2014 1:47 PM

Feb 2010
I hate Ghost Banri with passion. I love Koko and Banri x Koko and I think Linda does fine in a friendship relation with banri. I'd be open to see her get together with the blond guy though.

But yeah, shipping wars are always kinda silly and from experience I can say that I end up shipping for the pair nobody cares about and that will never happen. Golden Time seems to be an exception though, seen a lot of Koko fans around.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 10, 2014 8:25 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Yeah, I am big time for Koko x Banri. I really don't like Linda at all. She is a boring character in every imaginable way. I also dislike Ghost Banri because he wants Linda and keeps getting in the way of Koko x Banri. I really like the show, but I think it is one of those shows that the last few episodes are really going to make or break it for me. Hoping it doesn't get "broken," because I have enjoyed the ride so far.
Mar 27, 2014 4:02 PM

Mar 2012
Yo guys. Who finished watching this? Who painfully stuck through till the end of this show? Thoughts? on the ending?
Mar 27, 2014 4:28 PM
Mar 2014
I powered through but i think they rushed the ending to much. It really didn't pack a emotional punch, like they could have spanned it maybe 1, max 2 episodes more. Also the end was like "oh they got back together, yay *Like every time something bad happens*." The way i wanted to see it end was maybe as time progressed banri memories got worse and he got Alzheimer (because Ghost Banri cursed him). But since that happened koko is gonna keep the promise she made to stay by his side forever and take care of him for the rest of his life. But also koko wrote banri a note so everyday she would give it to him just to let him know that she is his girlfriend and that she will never leave his side. Then it fast forwards to when banri dies of old age and koko is all alone. Another way that i thought was gonna have the anime end was that like after he loses his memories 30 or 40 yrs later he finally remembers. But by that time everyone moved on and forgot him. Then after realizing that it is to much for him and he does something drastic like kills himself, IMO that would have been a lot better. Overall i wanted the ending to have a emotional punch, at least something that would pull at least one heart string because the ending they had didn't.
Mar 27, 2014 4:53 PM

Feb 2010
The ending wasn't amazing but I enjoyed it and I'm just happy Banri x Koko happened in the end. I feel the side-ish characters could have gotten more focus and better closure though, but I always feel that way in romance anime. 8/10 from me because I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish with maybe a few exceptions.
Mar 27, 2014 6:26 PM

Mar 2012
I'd say the ending was pretty cheesy ass, but I don't know how else I'd have ended it. It's not a very...out of the ordinary series, that's for sure, so for how it did end, I'm satisfied. There was closure and you knew that Banri and Koko was going to end up together because then what the hell would have been the whole point of this 24-episode series, amirite.

@Eli, wow. I don't think having amnesia would call for Alzheimer's later in life, but from what you seem to be describing, perhaps the premise of The Notebook starring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams should be an adequate "sequel" to this show then. :-D

I can't really see this series diving off into the deep end of emotions. I'm only giving this a 6/10 because of how slow it was for me to watch. It wasn't a bad show, but it wasn't really an exciting one either. At least it ended how it should have ended! Although that whole running across the bridge and meeting Ghost Banri who happened to have his lost ring that he dropped into the river and Linda all of a sudden being able to see Ghost Banri and saying "YES! YES! I SAY YES!" was pretty frickin' weird and nonsensical.
Mar 30, 2014 6:45 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Loved the final pairing. Yay Banri x Koko!! Really liked how the final episode went up until the bridge ghost scene, which I had to "spin." I just acted like part of it was something that was going on in Banri's head. Like some of Linda's actions were exaggerated by Banri. I looked at it like her words were spoken to the real Banri, but were about the "ghost side" of Banri, as opposed to how it looked to the viewer (where she actually spoke to a separate ghost Banri). It made much more sense to me that way, so I planted it in my memory of the series. Anyway, I gave it an 8/10, 84%. I enjoyed it throughout, but especially the drama toward the end of the series. The memory ordeal and style of love triangle they used was pretty unique, imo. I really, really enjoyed the last 7 or 8 episodes of the series.
Mar 31, 2014 4:25 PM
Mar 2014
To me it was maybe a 6.5-7/10, to me Toradora! is their superior work.
Mar 31, 2014 6:35 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
E1337xxW4FFL3 said:
To me it was maybe a 6.5-7/10, to me Toradora! is their superior work.

Agreed. Toradora! is in my all time Top 10.
Mar 31, 2014 7:30 PM

Feb 2010
Guess I'm the only one who slightly favors Golden Time. Both have pros and cons to their drama and romance, but I just enjoyed the setting more in Golden Time. My favorite romance anime are others, but I find both shows to be solid.
Mar 31, 2014 8:40 PM
Mar 2014
To me what kinda ruined watching golden time for me was during the second half of the show, they took their time advancing the plot. Like it would be stuck on the same event for like 2 and a half episodes. Then I would get bored and by the time the next episode came out i forgot a lot of things. So I might go through and watch it again probably over a weekend to see it in its entirety. Overall it was a good watch and i enjoyed it at times.
Apr 4, 2014 1:46 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
E1337xxW4FFL3 said:
To me what kinda ruined watching golden time for me was during the second half of the show, they took their time advancing the plot. Like it would be stuck on the same event for like 2 and a half episodes. Then I would get bored and by the time the next episode came out i forgot a lot of things. So I might go through and watch it again probably over a weekend to see it in its entirety. Overall it was a good watch and i enjoyed it at times.

I followed Higashi's suggestion, theory, or whatever you want to call it, and watched Golden Time and Nagi no Asukara in bursts. So, the boring never happened to me. By bursts I mean I'd watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time. For the drama-heavy shows, I plan on doing this from now on. I was really pleased with watching them this way.
Apr 4, 2014 6:19 AM

Feb 2010
KingYoshi said:
E1337xxW4FFL3 said:

I followed Higashi's suggestion, theory, or whatever you want to call it, and watched Golden Time and Nagi no Asukara in bursts. So, the boring never happened to me. By bursts I mean I'd watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time. For the drama-heavy shows, I plan on doing this from now on. I was really pleased with watching them this way.

Yeah it worked wonders for me too and takes away some of the stress of keeping up with dozens of weekly shows ^^.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Is anyone interested in watching anime with me (I have cookies)

corwinr - May 2, 2014

1 by YellowMagpie »»
Jun 15, 2014 4:39 PM

» My OVA/Movie/Specials Simulwatch Interests - A big List

Alcoholicide - Feb 24, 2014

4 by corwinr »»
May 6, 2014 3:02 PM

Sticky: » Who's Who

Tsumoi - Jan 5, 2014

23 by InspectorMegure »»
Apr 30, 2014 8:47 PM

» GOKUKOKU NO BRYNHILDR discussion

Tongue - Apr 9, 2014

8 by KingYoshi »»
Apr 21, 2014 12:43 PM

» PING PONG THE ANIMATION discussion

Tongue - Apr 13, 2014

2 by Alcoholicide »»
Apr 15, 2014 9:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.