Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 18, 2014 3:14 PM

Nov 2012
The episode was pretty fun to watch, but that dramatic confession and claire getting her powers back just in time to save kal were fairly low points though. I really liked the anime when it started but now I'm not so sure. Its floating somewhere between 6 and 7 right now, probably depending on the ending and if it really is just 1 cour show. I feel like with this world of theirs there is too much material to work with to have them just waste it by rushing the resolution in 1 or 2 more episodes.
Mar 18, 2014 4:21 PM

Oct 2010
Dammit Claire I want you DEAD. DEAD DEAD DEAD. I ain't buying that love gives me super strength crap. And Kal, the little bitch, lost both his parents and everything had had in his life, but contents himself with being a little subordinate pilot working for the people who took everything from him. Am I the only person who can't stand this?

I love how they get so indignant and righteous over losing one or two comrades. Honestly I don't even think the lives of Benji or any of the other extra characters are even worth the obliteration an entire enemy fleet. But then again, no matter how many enemies are slaughtered, they're "extras". The kids' lives seems to have "value".

This anime plays too much on the unrealistic achievements wrought by momentary emotional outbursts of friendship, love, and (insert your choice of mushycrap feel-good emotion here). 6/10
Mar 18, 2014 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
I found it hilarious that when Claire removed her wig, it removed her make-up at the same time. Damn, not only she control the wind, but she have the capacity to control her whole face! xD

Well, in overall, I found this episode a bit cheesy. I expected either Noripii or Benji to die, now I'm deceived :(
Oh well, they will still be there to give an hand with all the maintenance.

Also, weirdly, I thought that the plane fighting was less good and realistic than in the previous episodes. The explosion where looking like the plane were imploding in one bullet shoted randomly...

It wasn't a bad episode, it was just less good.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 18, 2014 7:23 PM

Dec 2013
This series could have been much better, the entire first half of the series was crap and only slowly began to build around episode 7 or so. Since it took so long before anything good even started, it's being rushed to over-eager ending.

I predicted from the start that Claire was Nina, and that Karl would forgive her, it's cliche. This series is nothing but cliche.

I called the possibility of Claire dying a couple episodes back, and it's still very likely, but after this episode it could also be Ignacio. I mean, he's been worthless the entire run of the series, until the last couple episodes that is. And the comment about leaving, it all seems like a giant blatant Death Flag to me. It's a good scapegoat to keep from having to kill off the adorable Claire, especially now that she's put her Nina act on the back burner. One of these two will die next week, it seems more likely to be Claire but could very easily be Ignacio as a scapegoat for the writers.

All in all, I'm not impressed with this series. The story has been boring drivel, the action has been pathetic, and the people in charge are all morons. Karl, Claire, and Ari have been the only characters to get even a slight bit of development, and it was minute and crap. The characters from the movie they've been hinting at seem like just a way to get people that enjoyed the movie to keep watching, because they're waiting until the end to bring them end- so it won't matter at all.

Bring on the Spring line-up so we can get rid of this petty pity crap.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Mar 18, 2014 7:39 PM

Apr 2011
mayukachan said:
The emotional impact would be stronger if this show was longer and had more development for Claire. Just goes to show how much potential it had.

this

this anime suffers from being very short
Mar 18, 2014 8:18 PM
Jan 2014
I must of missed or forgotten something but who are the seagull emblem people? I remember the first time when the plane appeared and saved them but I can't remember anything being mentioned about them.

Maybe I just can't remember them saying something about them
Mar 18, 2014 10:00 PM

Dec 2013
Was this a pretty good episode, yeah.
Am I still annoyed that the girls stayed behind and did nothing, absolutely but I'm not going to bury the show on that.

Nina getting her powers back like that was unexpected because I personally thought she just didn't want to use it anymore because she was used as a weapon. I guess the power is only assessable by "love" or "good".

Getting rid of a terrible monarchy, good.
Establishing a probably the same noble republic, bad.
Mar 19, 2014 4:07 AM

Jun 2012
Nuvi said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
I'm curious though if that really is Charles... because even I saw some comments that it's the Santa Cruz in previous episodes, looking at it now it's clearly a completely different plane. Also because of the way the movie ended. But, I'm sure it has to be him, if only because of him using his technique from the movie in episode 8.
But..but..
Yeah, I know... that's what I meant by the way the movie ended. I think it would be a bad way to continue from the movie, so if he does show up it's mostly for fanservice purposes. If it weren't for the technique he used in episode 8, then I'd say it can't be him... but I don't see anyone else doing something like that. I actually hope it's not him, if only for the sake of plot.

What I meant to say was even though a lot of people are under the impression that's the Santa Cruz, it's obviously not, and logic says it can't be him, but my intuition says otherwise.

Edit: But the way they probably would justify it, if it is him, is
HalibelTheEspadaMar 19, 2014 4:16 AM
Mar 19, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
Aside from the realism versus the animation of the aerial battle, the action scenes were just awesome coming from Noriaki/Benji and Karl/Ignaciou

It was amusing to see Ignaciou getting jelly about Karls piloting skills at a certain moment

Claire gaining her wind magic back after the romantic scene were done beautifully
All of this was very good
Mar 19, 2014 9:16 AM

Jun 2008
the only thing i cared about that noripi and benji are alive ~~

Mar 19, 2014 10:40 AM

Mar 2009
Mar 19, 2014 1:43 PM

Aug 2012
Noripi and Benji alive, ok this was a good ep
Mar 19, 2014 2:18 PM

Oct 2009
I am VERY disappointed, this felt very weak and failed to hit me emotionally like the rest of the episodes. Pretty cheesy and cliche :(

During Claire's err speech? I didn't feel anything at ALL, I was just "sigh.....why...". I really wanted Kal to keep on hating Nina/Claire at the very least if not exacting revenge ;..;

So another sacrifice is needed? I don't know how their gonna finish this off in one episode, there's still so much more to be seen and explained..

At least Benji and Noripi's part was great.
AozureMar 19, 2014 2:33 PM
Mar 20, 2014 6:50 AM

Mar 2012
SithNoKami said:
I am VERY disappointed, this felt very weak and failed to hit me emotionally like the rest of the episodes. Pretty cheesy and cliche :(

During Claire's err speech? I didn't feel anything at ALL, I was just "sigh.....why...". I really wanted Kal to keep on hating Nina/Claire at the very least if not exacting revenge ;..;

So another sacrifice is needed? I don't know how their gonna finish this off in one episode, there's still so much more to be seen and explained..

At least Benji and Noripi's part was great.

Well, I think there are actually two episodes left. When I was going to watch Episode 11 on the site I use, it also had links for upcoming episodes 12 and 13. So, there might actually be two episodes left. That would be quite understandable since this would feel extremely rushed if it ended next week.

It wouldn't be the first time MAL reported the wrong amount of episodes for a show, so that's why I can believe there is more than one episode left. When I check ANN, it said there were 13 episodes for this series so...
Mar 20, 2014 9:38 AM

Dec 2011
That was a great episode. Even though her powers is the deus ex machina of the story, it didn't seemed force and looked natural. Bravo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2014 11:10 AM
Jul 2011
This was a pretty satisfying episode. Definitely the underrated gem of the season IMO
Mar 22, 2014 12:57 AM

Dec 2012
awesome episode...Claire getting her powers back as expected...

Kal-el shouting like a girl...lol

have a feeling someone will die in the next episode...hopefully, they'll give this a happy or bittersweet end...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 22, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder if they'll give Benji a hook so he can continue to fly?

Never realized how revealing Claire's Nina Viento outfit was until now. Makes you wonder if she wears underwear, huh?
Mar 22, 2014 5:15 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good battle.

Claire got her wind back! ...I get the feeling her death-flag was just raised though... At the end of the credits, she isn't on the bicycle anymore...
Mar 24, 2014 2:45 AM

Jan 2013
No one else going to point out how extremely rushed this episode felt? Okay I'll do it.

http://i.imgur.com/gAHF5Rf.jpg - spot the error
Syrup-Mar 24, 2014 2:48 AM
Mar 24, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
Let's kill off everybody in the previous episodes, and keep these few alive, and give them the "happy end".
Vudis said:
So cliché it hurts.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 26, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The plot could involve a lot more if the technical quality appeared flawless, however it was not so, it is a slice of pathos is lost.
Storytelling with ups and downs, however it is noticeable that while not a few dying gasps anyone to care about the han hinted more than once.
Great blame also goes to the screenplay as for me, was not the best during dogfights.
As previously mentioned, drawings and animations are quite scarce, too bad.
I hope that in the last two best episode.
Mar 26, 2014 10:33 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. Another nice combat episode.
Love confession is always nice to see
Apr 4, 2014 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
So Kal finally showed a bit of whats possible with those planes.If t hey had used them like this all the time, not one student would have died.

And the soldiers are idiots. If you feel you can not trust the students or they are not up to the task, why order them to fight in the first place? Cannon fodder?
Apr 5, 2014 8:53 AM

May 2012
Pretty intense episode and I've got to say, I didn't think Claire would get her power back nor that Kal-el would forgive her... Pretty impressive development and what I thought would've been worse but those two also survived!

Pretty great episode, let's see what happens next!
May 22, 2014 2:26 PM

Dec 2011
Beautiful episode, fulfilling...
I really liked how Ignacio and Kal-el worked together, wow, they rock!!! And Claire!!! I knew this was going to happen sooner or later
Aug 23, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2009
I'm so glad Noripii and Benji made it out alive.
And I'm glad that it's almost over so that I can no longer have this pain in my heart.

I knew she was going to get her powers back eventually.
I just hope she doesn't die and Igna marries Ari.

And Lady Fana came to help! ^u^
Jan 2, 2015 10:08 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So now Kal forgives Claire. Well his mother did say hatred would devour him if he didn't believe in the light she spoke about.

At least Benji is alive. Sharon x Benji is the only secondary pair that gets to happen. Childhood friend x Childhood friend.

Claire gets her wind powers back and protects Kal and Ignacio. Looks like she has a reason to live and her powers are back. Either her strong feelings of happiness were the reason or it was pure luck.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.