Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2009 8:15 PM

Mar 2008
Natsuki pointed this out to me a while ago. We are dieing as a club. This seems to have happened after the server crash though there's nothing to blame since all clubs experienced the same thing.

There were suggestions to create new events for the club (contests?). I want to encourage people to write reviews/recommendations for anime they like. But you can just do that by yourself and submit it to MAL ... so how can we make this fun? What other stuff can we do?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 27, 2009 8:24 PM

May 2008
how about instead of an anime review how about a anime character review XD:
Hey It might work XD

Mar 27, 2009 9:09 PM

Apr 2008
I'd say more anime-specific discussions. There's a thread for the Mai franchise, but that limits it to only people who have watched Mai-Hime/Otome. There are plenty of other series that merit discussion, and it would also serve as recommendations for members that haven't seen the anime that are being discussed.

Mar 28, 2009 3:33 PM

Jul 2008
The Mai-Franchise rules! XD

It suck when this happens. I remember inviting a friend of mine (Chie-Hallard) but he was here for only about two months before telling me that he's not really into MAL and left for good which led me to do a stupid thing like taking over his account to make it seem like he is still around. But if want to make a comeback for real then I guess he is more than welcomed to.

But I have to agree that this club is dying and the rate of new members joining is getting lesser and lesser :(
Mar 28, 2009 3:47 PM

Jun 2008
The problem is not solved by getting new members, but trying to activate more old members... seems that only admins post in the threads the past period.
Making a tournament is maybe a good way to do that, but isn't this supposed to be a club where people can talk and socialize?
So maybe we should come up with something connected to that in a way,
like put up more threads connected to that, and mass-message all the members a few times.
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Mar 28, 2009 4:00 PM

Jul 2008
That is the main problem. Most of the old members are barely dropping by...
Mar 28, 2009 10:23 PM

Mar 2008
DeathkaiserG said:
how about instead of an anime review how about a anime character review XD:
Hey It might work XD

I like that idea ^_^

We can always call old members back ... but we need to have some sort of "party" planed for them first ... and getting new members to come won't solve the problem if they just join and never come back ...

Tournament doesn't seem to work for this club ... like natsuki-chan said.. we should stick to "socialize" and "talk"

Saito-sama's suggestion is good too but there's these specific anime threads in their respective page for those stuff ... though we can try that if we run out of ideas ...

Overall I like the character review idea best so far :P But I know not everyone like to write reviews so ... we need additional ideas!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2009 10:27 PM

May 2008
Akane-Soir said:

It suck when this happens. I remember inviting a friend of mine (Chie-Hallard) but he was here for only about two months before telling me that he's not really into MAL and left for good

I didn't know that D8

We need more "FUN" in this clubs for all types of members....XD

Mar 29, 2009 3:21 AM

Jul 2008
Chie-Hallard would make an awesome member should he still have the interest to be an MAL member. He knows how to keep things going. Even if his attempts are not that successful, at least he tried his best...
Mar 29, 2009 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
In any case, there are 10 admins here including kaminakun,
so I'm sure we can think of some threads that can be interesting for members.
I suggested a tournament, does anyone have any other option in mind?
We definitely need topics regarding anime discussion, that is always good.
Also, something that'll enable members to socialize more.
C'moooon, let's brainstorm together :DDD
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Mar 29, 2009 1:28 PM

Mar 2008
Tournaments... as in competition? Like who writes the best character review or who can make the best banner for the club? *shrug*
Mar 29, 2009 5:37 PM

Jul 2008
I'm not good at coming up with ideas... sorry guys :(
Mar 29, 2009 5:52 PM

Jun 2008
kaminakun said:
Tournaments... as in competition? Like who writes the best character review or who can make the best banner for the club? *shrug*

Not like that. Like, take 20 male characters from various anime and vote who's strongest,
with matches and stuff. I've seen a few clubs where it's very popular...
I'm not saying let's do it, just an idea.
Mar 29, 2009 7:48 PM

Jul 2008
We hold those kind of contests in Aquastar Anime Forums annually, so its a pretty smart idea, Natsuki-chan :)
Mar 30, 2009 2:54 AM

Dec 2007
I think a popularity contest would be better than a contest who's stronger, since every series has a different standard of strength. Many of the weaker DBZ characters could easily beat all Mai-HiME characters at a time, for example.
Mar 30, 2009 3:03 AM

Jan 2008
but popularity polls are just too much already every club tries this its just too lame o.O

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Mar 30, 2009 3:28 AM

Jun 2008
Doesn't matter, I only gave an example to explain it to kaminakun :D
(hahaha and Natsuki-chan wouldn't lose to anyone, but let's stick to topic lol)
Mar 30, 2009 12:47 PM

Mar 2008
that's a good example ... but gurenn has a point too ... so lets continue to brainstorm :P ....

we can make a weekly vote on some random anime/manga/character/anime song/anime OP or ED etc and promote those stuff? like ... change the club pic to that "thing" for a week? LOL

something like "YOU DECIDE CLUB PIC OF THE WEEK CONTEST!" lol

actually i think i m getting no where LOL
Mar 30, 2009 2:50 PM

Jun 2008
That is a good idea!
And ok too many LOLs :P
Apr 1, 2009 2:56 AM

Apr 2008
We could also have a bunch of ask a member threads, where each thread is dedicated to one member, and all the other members can ask that member questions (with limitations, of course)

Apr 1, 2009 8:40 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah that's from that ASK club, it's a good idea.
Apr 1, 2009 9:52 AM

Apr 2008
Indeed it is ;P

Apr 1, 2009 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
But just think about this...

How many thread are gonna come up, using the logic of your idea?
Apr 2, 2009 5:20 AM

Jun 2008
Many threads, but I guess that's ok, will only be a good sign that the club is active again.
If you all agree with this idea, tell me how would we do it?
Like, mass message the members with something like:
"Get to know people on MAL more! Open a thread and answer questions about yourself"
although it needs to be a bit catchy so people would actually do that :D
Apr 2, 2009 5:40 AM

Jul 2008
Alright... I have an idea here but if its dumb, tell me about it

I guess every member in the club wants to know more about their admins first right? So why not make question thread dedicated to the creator, and each one of his admins? How does that sound? Make question threads for the creator, and each of his admins? What do you think?
Apr 2, 2009 9:48 AM

Jun 2008
Akane-Soir said:

I guess every member in the club wants to know more about their admins first right? So why not make question thread dedicated to the creator, and each one of his admins? How does that sound? Make question threads for the creator, and each of his admins? What do you think?

Haha I'm not one of those people :D
Apr 2, 2009 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
Well, Saito-sama suggested something so I'm wanna make myself look useful here...

The thing is that he said make a question thread for members, right? So I'm suggesting that we should make the threads for the creator and his admins first.
Apr 2, 2009 2:40 PM

Jun 2008
Akane-Soir said:
Well, Saito-sama suggested something so I'm wanna make myself look useful here...

The thing is that he said make a question thread for members, right? So I'm suggesting that we should make the threads for the creator and his admins first.

I know Akane-chan, was only joking and expressing my opinion!
I am glad that you're contributing :D
Apr 2, 2009 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
I guess I got mad for stupid reasons... :P

But yeah, I felt like I have never done anything for this club other then welcoming members and giving them advice...

Hehehe, sorry... I'm at it again *rubs back of head*
Apr 3, 2009 3:22 AM

Jun 2008
Hahaha no problem!

Now, what do others think about the idea?
Apr 3, 2009 4:44 AM

Jul 2008
Guess we have to wait and see :D
Apr 3, 2009 6:02 AM

Mar 2008
the ASK thread is good too, but we can't have too many threads else it'll be confusing and no one will bother checking them all ... but we can't have just one ask thread either else it'll be a mess =.=

okay we've have discussed this quite a bit ... we should start putting some of these plans into action

anyway... last idea from me for the day and I'll probably put this into action when I get home tonight in a couple of hours (unless an admin find this a very stupid idea) ... here it is:

NOTE: I am also giving a "go-ahead" signal the ASK member thread idea ... just make it a reasonable number of threads (ie. we have ~380 members, we can't have 380 threads)

OMFG! I M 2 MINUTES LATE FOR LECTURE!! OKAY GOTTA GO FOR NOW!!!
KaminaKaiApr 3, 2009 11:08 AM
Apr 3, 2009 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
As I mentioned we have seperate threads :D

We can start with the creator (you) and the admins (me and some others)
Apr 3, 2009 6:18 AM

Mar 2008
Akane-Soir said:
As I mentioned we have seperate threads :D

We can start with the creator (you) and the admins (me and some others)

keep reading my post above... i am still editing it :P
Apr 3, 2009 6:22 AM

Jul 2008
Sorry about that Kaminakun :P

Beauty contest, huh? That sounds like a good idea but based on my experience as a member from Aquastar Anime Forums, beauty contests can sometimes lead to something ugly. But lets just hope it won't happen here :P
Apr 3, 2009 9:10 AM

Jun 2008
Don't have time to write a lot now I'm in a hurry, will write tomorrow.
In any case, we can have around 16 matches I think!
As for ASK thread, how about we allow 5-10 to open, and let's give a time limit, for example 2 weeks or something like that?
Apr 3, 2009 9:14 AM

Jul 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
As for ASK thread, how about we allow 5-10 to open, and let's give a time limit, for example 2 weeks or something like that?

Come to think of it... we have 10 admins here :D
Apr 3, 2009 9:49 AM

Mar 2008
Akane-Soir said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:

Come to think of it... we have 10 admins here :D

some admins are no longer active and after a mass message (which will be coming soon) if they still don't return, I might boot admins
Apr 3, 2009 9:55 AM

Dec 2007
I could add tons of girls, but I'll add one to keep it fair. :P

GIRLS
1. Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier
2. Akashiya Moka from Rosario + Vampire
3. Rina Ogata from White Album
4. Natsuki Kuga from Mai-HiME
5. Akeno Shiranui from Seto no Hanayome

GUYS
1. Sagara Sousuke from Full Metal Panic!
2. Hiko Seijuro from Rurouni Kenshin (I'm not gay, I'm gar for him n.n)

I'd also open a question thread for myself. I like it.
Apr 3, 2009 10:07 AM

Jul 2008
@kaminakun: Boot the admins? Geez... I remember most of them as great admins. Sure you wanna do that?

@Gurenn: Kicking it off already, huh?
Apr 3, 2009 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
Akane-Soir said:
@kaminakun: Boot the admins? Geez... I remember most of them as great admins. Sure you wanna do that?

I am just saying, if they are not coming back to the club after we mass message everyone about the events etc, then I don't think they fit for admin anymore

@ Gurenn
Please keep adding more if you like, I can't come up with 50 girls myself ... and that'd be biased
Apr 3, 2009 10:15 AM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:
I am just saying, if they are not coming back to the club after we mass message everyone about the events etc, then I don't think they fit for admin anymore

And I know that... and you do have a point actually...
Apr 3, 2009 10:52 AM

Mar 2008
OMG! The list is insane! And it is still not done (especially for the guy side)
HELPO!

And I think I need to extend the girl list ... there's just too many =.=
Apr 3, 2009 11:10 AM

Mar 2008
OKAY!

I am super tired now ... and the list is still not done ... but here it is FOR NOW

For girls we can set up 16 matches ... so out of however many we have at the end for girls, 32 of them will be selected. As for guys, I am thinking of 8 matches unless we can get a lot more girls to participate in this tournament ...
Apr 3, 2009 12:57 PM

Jun 2008
I'll think on the guys and write tomorrow, can't before that.
Will look at the girls list as well :D

Nice work, kaminakun!

p.s. men are NOT gay if they say a guy is beautiful, since women can judge a women :P :P :P
Apr 3, 2009 7:06 PM

Mar 2008
thanks natsuki

guys should vote for "cool" guys ... the word beautiful is kinda wrong for a guy to say to another guy ... LOL

so to all the GUYS, go vote for a COOL/AWESOME dude! and vote for a HOT chick!
Apr 4, 2009 6:59 AM

Dec 2007
kaminakun said:
@ Gurenn
Please keep adding more if you like, I can't come up with 50 girls myself ... and that'd be biased
My intention wasn't to let you add all the rest, I just wanted to give everyone a fair chance to add someone and that wouldn't be possible if I suddenly added 20 girls.
natsuki-chan-bg said:
p.s. men are NOT gay if they say a guy is beautiful, since women can judge a women :P :P :P
Women are different on that subject. :P
Apr 6, 2009 4:09 PM

Jun 2008
Alright, here's my update on hot guy's list :D
Btw kaminakun will be absent for a few days.

Damn, I feel dead after doing this....
And don't think I invented THIS MANY sexy guys, I had a lot help :D

@Gurenn, nahh we're not, I know guys have it in them :P
Natsuki-himeApr 7, 2009 3:08 PM
Apr 7, 2009 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
Here's an update on women.

Apr 7, 2009 8:39 AM

Mar 2008
@ Gurenn
Well I had some time that day and I just keep doing it and didn't know the list already went overboard :P

We can work with natsuki's updated women list and take some (maybe 10 or 20) from my list and Gurenn you can contribute another 10 or 20?

KaminaKaiApr 7, 2009 8:45 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone here practice martial arts or other fighting techniques?

HateYouFool2 - Aug 7, 2009

16 by MetalistPunk »»
Mar 13, 2021 11:41 AM

Sticky: » ALL MEMBER ... Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KaminaKai - Oct 10, 2008

931 by OtakumiReviews »»
Mar 6, 2016 8:05 AM

Sticky: » Your opinion matters! Ways to improve this club! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KaminaKai - Oct 18, 2008

369 by WAniMeZ »»
May 13, 2015 7:00 AM

» Fav quotes from anime/manga.

Roncha - Feb 7, 2009

22 by Midori-tan »»
Jan 31, 2014 2:02 PM

» Riddles and Brain Teasers ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Saitoe - Oct 21, 2008

273 by makitokun »»
Mar 23, 2013 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.