Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 13, 2009 2:40 PM

Oct 2008
Long ago, there used to be many dubbing companies other than the notorious Saturn which is ruinning anime in my opinion like Joseph Samaan's in Lebanon and the visual and audible foundation in Kuwait and they did a great job but now, I hate to watch anime dubbed in Arabic because of Saturn's dubbings for many reasons. What's your opinion on this?

Do you agree with censorship in Arabic dubbed anime?
Do you know other companies than Saturn?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 14, 2009 4:38 AM
Jan 2009
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I totally AGREE...I dont remeber watching an anime dupped in arabic and was good

I remember watching arabic one piece last month and it was hilarious (not the show..the dupping)

I think the bad translation and voice cast is the main reason fot that
Feb 14, 2009 6:12 AM

Jan 2009
I saw some of the latest arabic dubbed animes like Naruto, Gankoutsou etc. and it was horrible :P

The dubbing of the old animes were really great though, especially some beautiful arabic opening songs to many animes, the did change/cut some stuff in the animes though since children were watching also, like Lady Georgie, Rose of Versailles and some others.
Feb 14, 2009 8:35 AM

Apr 2008
I'd rather watching a raw Jap dub than Arb dub

the actors r sooooooo silley and not in the mood. sometime, I wich kill myself when I watching a one

however, I completely agree with censorship. I can't imagine playing an anime in arabic channels without it
Feb 14, 2009 2:51 PM

Nov 2007
i agree MOSTLY.Rose of Versailles was amazing in arabic, hunter x hunter was good, hell even digimon and pokemon weren't bad. BUT, recently every dubbed is so bad that i want to puke when watching. Not only in arabic, even in english. The only english dub that i enjoyed were cowboy bebop and samurai x. Other than those two dubbed failed me so bad that i swore never to watch dub again.
Feb 15, 2009 9:22 AM

Oct 2008
itsmee said:
i agree MOSTLY.Rose of Versailles was amazing in arabic, hunter x hunter was good, hell even digimon and pokemon weren't bad. BUT, recently every dubbed is so bad that i want to puke when watching. Not only in arabic, even in english. The only english dub that i enjoyed were cowboy bebop and samurai x. Other than those two dubbed failed me so bad that i swore never to watch dub again.

I think the English dubbing for Samurai X wasn't good as well because voice actors didn't know how to read the names.
Feb 16, 2009 10:59 AM

Jan 2009
It was only good to watch anime dubbed in arabic long back:p, when access to media wasn't as easy and convenient as now, and when internet was non-existent :p
Basically when we had not much of a choice haha.

However now, with all the availability of the p2p and sub groups, i see no point in dubbing in arabic anymore since im sure most ppl would rather have the arabic subs rather than some weird arabic dub:p

Have to admit though, i literally can't imagine myself watching a new season of Captain Majid (tsubasa) for example with anything other than arabic dubs!:P some just grow on u haha
Feb 17, 2009 5:40 PM

Nov 2007
Rebella said:
itsmee said:

I think the English dubbing for Samurai X wasn't good as well because voice actors didn't know how to read the names.

I agree with you on that point. The voice actors failed miserably in pronouncing names in Samurai-X. Still it managed to be best selling in the US back in the days and i liked. Cowboy bebop is a different issue. I haven't watched the japanese version of it yet and since its one of my favorites I would say they did a pretty good job. Back to arabic dubbing, I would never watch captin majid in japanese, that would kill it for me!

Yes I prefer watching subbed over dubbed anytime, but some arabic dubbed animes managed to hook me up. For example Hunter X Hunter. I obviously didn't keep up with the arabic dubbed version and watched the original but the arabic version wasn't bad.
itsmeeFeb 17, 2009 5:46 PM
Feb 18, 2009 4:00 AM

Oct 2008
I wouldn't dare to watch new anime dubbed. They're showing lots of post 2004 cartoons on Space Power now and about 90% of dialougs in those shows are not accuate.
Mar 19, 2009 8:35 AM

Oct 2007
for old animes YES , i really loved the dubb for Captain Tsubasa ( Majid ) , Sally , lady linn and even Pokemon was good ..but now it's FREAKIN HORRIBLE , all the dubbers are not in the mood , they seem like they're on crack or sumthin' , Detective conan dubb is not bad though but how the hell Conan is engaged to Ran WTF!!!!!!! LOL , Naruto DUBB = FAIL , i can't imagine naruto's voice with a man voice actor ....oh come on >_<
Mar 22, 2009 4:52 AM

Dec 2007
I just remember watching the old animes that Painaholic mentioned and I guess it was good but if you come to ask me about now, I can't answer with yay or nay since I haven't seen any arabic dub ones in years.
Apr 2, 2009 10:15 AM
Nov 2007
I watched One Piece and Naruto in Arabic recently.
I lol'ed.
Apr 5, 2009 11:34 AM

Aug 2007
I WANT to watch anime in Arabic... where could I find some online???
Apr 20, 2009 8:42 PM
Apr 2009
i'd agree to most of you guys
if only the restrictions be lessened and make characters be voiced by suitable voice actors for each
Apr 25, 2009 9:21 AM

Sep 2007
NAY! NAY! NAY! >_<
Apr 26, 2009 2:23 AM

Apr 2009
no japanese as it is is great
May 4, 2009 8:23 AM

Feb 2009
r8 now Arabic dub works for small children (5-10 years)

they repeat so much and all of them are so old!!!
i think new dubbers should exist or at least arabic subs channel

anyway i love to watch jap r8 after it is released
May 7, 2009 7:49 AM

Dec 2007
Forget about Arabs dubbing anime or cartoons anymore. Now they are all focused on dubbing Turkish dramas.....(ugh).
May 8, 2009 11:01 AM

Sep 2007
^

As much as I can't stand the dramas, Turks still need all our ove and support. Especially after that Erdogan scenario at the Economic Forum. ♥
May 9, 2009 3:08 AM

Oct 2008
Don't worry about them Urjuan^^ Their prime minister is the best thing ever happend to Turkey since caliph days.
May 9, 2009 3:31 AM

Sep 2007
The people's image also improved dramatically in the eyes of Arabs with those awe-inspiring pro-Palestine rallies during the time of the Gaza assault.

Aw, now I want to visit Turkey. ♥
Jun 1, 2009 1:50 PM

Oct 2007
Fara7 said:
Forget about Arabs dubbing anime or cartoons anymore. Now they are all focused on dubbing Turkish dramas.....(ugh).

Turkish Dramas = Trash and Muhanad is a fugly bastard >:D
Jun 4, 2009 2:04 PM

Oct 2008
Painaholic said:
Fara7 said:

LMAO XD So true
min zeenha! Thab7eena feeh madree 3ala shino!
Jun 5, 2009 11:41 PM

Sep 2007
Painaholic said:
Fara7 said:

Calling him fugly might be a bit extreme, no? xD

*pats Rebella*
Jun 6, 2009 2:52 AM

Oct 2008
Urjuan said:
Painaholic said:
Fara7 said:

*pats Rebella*

Your avatar owns. Time to change mine...
Jun 6, 2009 3:40 AM

Sep 2007
Rebella said:
Fairouz in your avatar owns. Time to change mine...

Fix'd.

Yeah, I know, right... lol.

Oh, try something different this time, Rebs... an artsy avvy. ;D
Jun 6, 2009 5:33 AM

Dec 2007
Fairuz is like the only Arabic singer I listen to these days xD
Jun 6, 2009 5:46 AM

Sep 2007
Indeed, fara7, indeed! Listening to contemporary Arabic music is like wading through trash. @_@

Or maybe it's just due to my Lebanon fetish that I love Fairouz so dearly. :P
Jun 6, 2009 2:14 PM

Oct 2008
Urjuan, I couldn't think of something artsy so I went with a videogame...

I love Fairouz's works specially the ones done by her son Ziad. He's the one who invented the Arabic Jazz genre.
I also listen to none-mainstream Lebanese songs such as Marcel Khalife and Omayma and 7aneen.
Jun 7, 2009 2:56 AM

Sep 2007
Oooh, I should check those names out on Last.fm. <3

I love Rabi3 Abou Khalil as well. His oud playing is, simply put, intoxicating, especially when he collaborates with Jazz musicians.
Jun 7, 2009 3:10 AM

Oct 2008
I might be the only one who doesn't have an account on Last FM.
I should make one now.

BTW, I was reading raws the other day and I've come to a conclusion that the majority of mangakas portray Arab guys as flirtacious. Do you agree?
*A great blog material*
Jun 7, 2009 9:57 AM

Sep 2007
Hahaha, well, it beats stereotyping them as crazy ultra-conservatives who go apeshit at the sight of, as Cihan once amusingly put it, 'neck skin'. xD
Jul 6, 2009 8:24 AM

Oct 2007
Urjuan said:
Painaholic said:
Fara7 said:

*pats Rebella*

He is fugly seriously ewwww D:
Mar 24, 2010 4:29 PM
Oct 2008
Fara7 said:
Fairuz is like the only Arabic singer I listen to these days xD

I listen to Mohammed Mounir (best current Egyptian singer in my opinion)

Anyway old Arabic dub were actually well made, hell Grendizer's Arabic dub was better the American dub.
Apr 14, 2010 6:31 AM

Jan 2010
FO SHOO it's a big nay for me (except for old animes) .. after Pokemon problem (I think you know that one it was about misty and stuff that makes Kids believe in Pokemons, .. etc) everything started to get worse .. I believe that the animes they dubed them now .. they just took only the half of the whole episode (like WTH O_O).. Just Watching Naruto Arab Dub can be a big prof .. (_ _ """) ... Watching animes in their original version is much better now ..
Jun 19, 2010 4:48 AM

May 2010
I like the dubbing for older anime, like captain majed, lady lady, sally,...etc.

Now they don't put that much effort into producing high quality dubbing. Not to mention, having dubbing with each countries accent instead of formal Arabic just ruins it for me.
Badges:
Jul 21, 2010 3:45 PM

May 2008
Oh come on ppl عدنان و لينا was the best Arabic dubbed anime!! D:<

I'd love to watch it again... I miss watching 3ABSI!! XD LOL

..{ Nobody is perfect, I'm nobody! ~ ♥
Aug 8, 2010 4:14 PM

Aug 2007
I watched Ergo Proxy dubbed in Arabic. HAHA LOVED IT
Sep 14, 2010 2:24 AM

Mar 2009
simple:
Past time: YAAAY
Now-days: NAAAAY

Sep 29, 2010 8:02 AM
Sep 2010
I dont like arab dubbing but I think it's definitely better than english dubs. English dubs sort of annoy me. The only arab dubs I seriously hate are the fandubs, they turn everything to comedy.
Feb 10, 2011 12:37 AM

Jul 2010
nowadays dubs, you hear an adult sound from a 5-yr kiddo O_O
even they cutout the background music and effects. <<< can't stand them
Yeah it's a horror story!

old days, you notice there hard work and effort,, the sound fits the character and the background music and effects are re-produced .

so you judge!
Sep 5, 2011 3:42 PM

Aug 2008
old dubbing by( visual and audible foundation in Kuwait) was great i loved it but new dub every time i hear it i want either put a hole into my ears or kill myself so for now dubbing BIG NO
click me plz
Sep 7, 2011 12:38 AM

Sep 2011
Arabic Dubbing was SUPER AWESOME!! I loved it more than the English dubbing! WAY MORE!! But Japanese is always good, I think Arabic and Japanese are both as cool (English sucks, so fake) --- I miss my childhood lol

I agree, I hate Turkish drama for taking away the arabic dubbing of anime!
So sad. :')
Jan 31, 2012 3:59 PM
Jan 2012
Nay , i agree with the fact that the quality of arabic dubs have degraded over the years (though it may have always been bad and i was too young to notice), and the censorship kinda provokes me. Anyway i'll always prefer to hear the original voice acting .
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Anime and Manga with Arab settings and characters?

Rebella - Feb 13, 2009

37 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 16, 2022 1:37 PM

Sticky: » Where in the Middle East? ( 1 2 3 )

NotADoctor_ - Dec 30, 2007

117 by DaiMaouCC »»
Nov 4, 2021 7:34 AM

» Name of Arabic cartoon/anime?

MIAZAKI - Dec 16, 2012

1 by ZeraX »»
Sep 11, 2014 5:27 PM

» what is ur download speed?

mrm27 - Aug 16, 2009

6 by balurama »»
Nov 14, 2013 9:36 PM

» Most pupolar anime in Middle East! ( 1 2 )

God-Damn - Dec 31, 2007

53 by GinFanGurl002 »»
Aug 27, 2012 5:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.