Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2009 9:15 PM
Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Panda Chang ftw! That part to the present incident were great lol. What confuses me though is if the president knows about the Shizu/Mariya switch, cause I could have sworn Shizu did the panda one, but I may have forgotten if it was revealed earlier.
Mar 8, 2009 9:20 PM

Dec 2008
...P-poor president. ;_; But it was nice to see her past with Mariya.

First part of ep was good. Second part was rather "meh."

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 8, 2009 9:40 PM

Jun 2008
Better than the last two episodes, but the events after the festival were rather bland.
Mar 8, 2009 10:07 PM

Jul 2007
WTFwasThat said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Panda Chang ftw! That part to the present incident were great lol. What confuses me though is if the president knows about the Shizu/Mariya switch, cause I could have sworn Shizu did the panda one, but I may have forgotten if it was revealed earlier.

i was confused with this too. shizu was shown in the first part (mole under right eye) but most of the other parts(of the flashback) were mariya...@_@ so who really did it?!
Mar 8, 2009 10:23 PM

Sep 2008
wtf!?
kanako sure has a lot of blood....
wonder is the president actualy knows about mariya`s gendere but i think she knew maria since young but didnt noticed when they changed places (with her brother) because that will be a failure in the rules that the grandmother left to see who will inherit the schools
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 8, 2009 10:36 PM

Apr 2007
I miss my DC ;_;
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 8, 2009 10:43 PM

Jan 2008
yeah , I have to agree with LK better than the last 2 eps but I personally prefered the 2nd part of the ep , it made me laugh quite a bit

Mar 8, 2009 11:02 PM

Jan 2009
Lol why isn't Kanako dead from blood loss! Good ep, best part was when Mariya caught the studen council prez in her (his?) arms.

Mar 8, 2009 11:50 PM

Sep 2007
Zero_r2 said:
wonder is the president actualy knows about mariya`s gendere but i think she knew maria since young but didnt noticed when they changed places (with her brother) because that will be a failure in the rules that the grandmother left to see who will inherit the schools

God knows everything.

However, God has always known everything, and thus is excluded from the contest.

Liked the episode. Didn't laugh at any of it, but it was amusing. Virtual Boy, lol. Dreamcast, lol. Windows ME, lol.
Mar 9, 2009 2:56 AM

Apr 2008
Lol'd at the 7 mysteries.

I think Maria Holic is featuring AVGN. The Virtual Boy appeared quite a few times now XD

Mar 9, 2009 3:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hop, Step, Jump. Lmao.

Very amusing episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 9, 2009 3:43 AM

Jan 2008
continuous entertainment. kanako's over the top fantasies always get a laugh out of me.

"It was pink"
"Can't you read the atmosphere?!"

loved it.
Mar 9, 2009 11:44 AM

Jul 2008
Kanako's fantasies leading the current mysteries amused me greatly. I wonder what'll happen with the Second Girls Dormitory mysteries, especially now that God is waiting for Kanako :o

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 9, 2009 2:09 PM

May 2008
Kanako being the source of the seven mysteries was pretty funny. Also when the Dorm Leader showed up at the end when Kanako learned the seven actual mysteries was pretty good as well.
Mar 9, 2009 8:49 PM

Jul 2007
AntiDentite said:
corroded said:
i was confused with this too. shizu was shown in the first part (mole under right eye) but most of the other parts(of the flashback) were mariya...@_@ so who really did it?!

It was Shizu. Aya doesn't know about their switching, so she assumed it was Mariya.

Crossdressing twins can be confusing.

yes, especially since shizu's supposed to be in the all boys school..what was she doing in the festival when mariya was perfectly fine there? -__- that's what confuses me.
Mar 10, 2009 7:42 AM

Feb 2008
I think i just found out what was the seventh mystery...SHIT
Mar 10, 2009 8:15 AM

Nov 2008
I can't bear lesbian jokes anymore. Tired of them. Just they are not funny anymore. Where is the romantic story with Maria? I guess it was just a joke of the author... Not that silly as the other here

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Mar 10, 2009 8:32 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, Kanako's body contains waaaay to much blood. o_O Shouldn't she have died several times yet?
Mar 10, 2009 9:28 AM

May 2008
ColdBeans said:
Lol why isn't Kanako dead from blood loss! Good ep, best part was when Mariya caught the studen council prez in her (his?) arms.

I agree. That was one of the best parts ^^ Oh and what can we do about Bloody Kanako and her perverted fantasies...she won't die, even if you kill her - that is because she's actually the seventh mystery, ne? XD
Mar 10, 2009 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
Hehe, the fact that she filled a whole pool of blood, kind of weird, but yeah.
It was a nice episode, I almost thought we would see a different side of Mariya, but in the end, she will never change.

I'm kind of disappointed though, since I realized this is already the 9th episode.
I don't feel there is much progression yet in the actual story.
There will only be 3 more episodes. Right now we're still in the dark if Kanako will feel attracted to a boy for the first time in her life.. or that it's just 'Mariya' she likes. She was looking for her 'ideal yuri partner', isn't that the plot?

I kind of feel like all the eps are fillers..
Mar 11, 2009 11:22 AM

Nov 2007
Ok, can a kind soul (maybe somebody who read the manga) explain this to me?
Does the president know that Mariya and Shizu switched?
She addresses Mariya as Mariya, so if she knows, then Mariya is Mariya's (boy!twin's) true name. If she doesn't know, it means that boy!twin is actually named Shizu and Mariya is the sister. And I can't make heads or tails of this.
Even spoilers are fine, if you put them behind a spoiler button XD I *NEED* to know.
Mar 11, 2009 11:39 PM

Sep 2008
Now that gg seems to have dropped this... I'm getting worried. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2009 12:34 AM

Jul 2007
HawthorneKitty said:

:O NOWAI! :( :( :(
Mar 12, 2009 3:51 AM

Nov 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

Huh wait, what, where? NOOOOOOOOOOOO It's true.
Apparantly they dropped everything??? (EVEN HETALIA!)
Mar 12, 2009 6:10 AM

Jul 2007
desolato said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Huh wait, what, where? NOOOOOOOOOOOO It's true.
Apparantly they dropped everything??? (EVEN HETALIA!)

NO SHITZ?

from ggkthx:

"afk until kara no kyoukai 6
is released on dvd

everything else dropped "

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

/wrists

*checks date* FUCK MAN IT'S TOO EARLY FOR APRIL FOOLS
Mar 12, 2009 11:06 AM

Mar 2008
I just read it, yeah.
That's... not nice. Not nice at all.
Well, I guess there's a change Aarinfantasy will pick up Hetalia, but I have no idea 'bout Maria+Holic.
Mar 12, 2009 11:33 AM

Mar 2009
So everyone is in despair!

Kinda sucks GG dropping it since i enjoys their subs that much.
Mar 12, 2009 1:21 PM

Nov 2008
Teddy said:
I just read it, yeah.
Well, I guess there's a change Aarinfantasy will pick up Hetalia, but I have no idea 'bout Maria+Holic.

I can't really judge them since I don't know them in person, but they act kind of .. weird. They dropped Toradora a while ago, simply because they 'didn't like the anime anymore'. I know fansubs are all voluntarily done and that they hardly gain anything from it, but it's not fair to everyone following them. You They will have a much better feeling if you finished a whole serie, instead of abandoning it halfway..
Mar 12, 2009 7:26 PM

Jul 2008
I was pretty confused about when was it Shizu and when was it Mariya. But overall a funny episode, lol I liked how ~history repeated itself.
Mar 12, 2009 8:50 PM

Jul 2007
desolato said:
Teddy said:
I just read it, yeah.

I can't really judge them since I don't know them in person, but they act kind of .. weird. They dropped Toradora a while ago, simply because they 'didn't like the anime anymore'. I know fansubs are all voluntarily done and that they hardly gain anything from it, but it's not fair to everyone following them. You They will have a much better feeling if you finished a whole serie, instead of abandoning it halfway..

lulz i think we'll need another thread for this :P in any case, it will always be "fair" since it is voluntary as you said :P if they don't like to continue, then that's their decision and it is fair for everyone.

going back to the topic, i just wish they'd clear up the limits of the deal and when the ystarted being traps just so we're all clear :P
Mar 12, 2009 11:57 PM

Nov 2006
lol @ people believing things gg says.

hetalia has since come out, as well as gszs 3.
Mar 13, 2009 3:42 AM

Feb 2008
windy said:

No, no. GSZS (which was their latest release), was also when they announced they would go afk, until the 6th KNK would come out on DVD.
Mar 13, 2009 4:02 AM

Nov 2008
windy said:

No, not really, or they must be seriously something wrong with their tracker..
last ep is 7, but that is before they announced to quit..

I still don't get it though, this will only give them a bad name. Since they were the only ones subbing Hetalia and Maria, they will always be credited for it. Now it will be: 'Oh gg subbed it, but they quit halfway'..
Mar 13, 2009 7:56 AM
Jun 2007
didn't this same group say before that they dropped Code Geass R2?
Mar 13, 2009 10:45 AM

Oct 2008
desolato said:

I still don't get it though, this will only give them a bad name. Since they were the only ones subbing Hetalia and Maria, they will always be credited for it. Now it will be: 'Oh gg subbed it, but they quit halfway'..

gg's had a bad name in book for a long time anyway for failing to be your average 'we wish we could troll' group.

I wouldn't be worried about it, either they'll ninja update their tracker or xdcc packlist with new subs or some random one shot group will finish Maria Holic.

Mar 13, 2009 1:51 PM

Sep 2007
I can't really believe an entire group suddenly decides to quit like that. I'll wait until this weekend to see if some people from the "Maria Holic Division" start a new group (like qq for Toradora) or something like that.
Mar 13, 2009 5:03 PM

Sep 2008
Episode 10 popped up in their tracker, but under the name trollingg...
Sadly there are no seeds... a trap?

Edit: and there it goes....
HawthorneKittyMar 13, 2009 6:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2009 11:14 PM

Dec 2007
This episode makes me laugh more. I wonder if this series have a progression for the story, and I don’t mind about hilarious scenes, but I worry about the story in which I am looking forward to Kanako looks for her “ideal yuri partner.”
Mar 14, 2009 2:09 AM

Nov 2007
what? they're dropping maria+holic? hardly surprising, i know that they'll do it. kinda sad though.

This episode is kinda bland yet, un-bland. I love both parts, the jokes are okay, but i like the fanservice better.

also, is kara no kyoukai really that good?

Mar 14, 2009 6:52 AM
Nov 2007
This kind of thing always happen with Shaft shows.

*sigh*

Mar 14, 2009 8:32 AM
May 2008
Ryuukishi said:

yes, it is
Mar 14, 2009 12:35 PM

Jan 2008
Absolutely funny xd.
Mar 20, 2009 5:53 AM

Jan 2008
You'll think that Kanako would of died from that much blood loss D:
Wonder what the seventh mystery is, or rather what would "god" do to you once you find out XP
Mar 21, 2009 2:58 PM

Oct 2008
geyik said:
Ryuukishi said:

yes, it is

Seconded

This ep was quite good. "Lick my foot" lmao. Panda Chang was a good touch, but some of the faces were creepy and the whole blood thing is getting out of hand.
Mar 24, 2009 5:37 PM

Sep 2008
haha, loved this episode! I couldn't stop laughing during the second part of the episode.. with all the bloodstained mysteries, rofl.
yunadestinedMar 24, 2009 5:44 PM
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Mar 25, 2009 2:48 AM

Mar 2008
meonlyme775 said:
geyik said:
Ryuukishi said:

yes, it is

Seconded

This ep was quite good. "Lick my foot" lmao. Panda Chang was a good touch, but some of the faces were creepy and the whole blood thing is getting out of hand.

Thirded!

Really one of the greatest anime I've seen.
Plus with Yuki Kajiura composing for the music is a total big win for me!
Well, it's fine if you're not up to Yuki Kajiura though. ^_^

Looking forward to Maria+Holic anyways.
Maybe if the plot isn't resolved by 12 episodes, then perhaps a second season will emerge? I wonder though. ^_^;
Mar 25, 2009 8:36 AM

May 2007
This episode was great, probably the best episode so far. I loved how Kanako produced all of the 7 mysteries.
Mar 31, 2009 3:45 AM

Jan 2009
moar nosebleeding 8]
also president past made some good laugh 8D
Mar 31, 2009 2:08 PM

Dec 2008
Good episode...she actually is a pervert, so much bleeding!! It seems Kanako has not learn anything, she is still so stupid as ever, her fantasies are just too much XD
I loved the room with the things with a tragic past XDXD
And I couldnt stop laughing when yonakuni san took the place of the president after the incident with the bra...OMG, that dog is really funny also, I dont know why it inst in the character list here..I tried to add it but nothing happened..
Apr 5, 2009 7:44 AM

May 2008
Friendship fixed! Almost.
And Pfft, breasts.

That catgirl must be really old if it's been a mystery since blahblahblah whatever that teacher said. Something like being a mystery before even when she went to the School(assuming she went there as a student before teaching, or something). Maybe she really is God.D:

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sonja - Mar 22, 2009

157 by Delphantasist »»
Sep 20, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadIEnd - Dec 26, 2008

250 by Delphantasist »»
Aug 13, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 25, 2009

94 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 6, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 18, 2009

104 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 6, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 16, 2009

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 6, 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.