Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2007 3:15 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, that was a good episode.

Michiru shooting Shiba was geat, I didn't expect that. Also loved it when Chika acted all lonely, that was hilarious. After he explained all this 'you may lose your emotions' stuff and Shito said he doesn't feel anything about certain things, it made me wonder if he might have already been a Zombie for longer than one year and.... hold on, that doesn't make sense now that I'm writing about it. Since Shito and Chika work together... ah, too bad.

Anyway, next ep seems to be fun as well.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 10, 2007 8:46 AM

Jun 2007
Michiru was awesome. I loved how she got her moment of action by shooting Shiba. ^^ Hahah, lonely-Chika was so cute! >w< The emotion thing was interesting... something's gonna happen with Shito, I bet. *nodnod*

REALLY looking forward to the next episode. I love hot spring episodes! XD
Aug 10, 2007 11:40 AM

Jun 2007
Ahhhh I wanted more Yomi-san. >.< Oh well. Good episode regaurdless. I loved that Michiru shot Shiba. It pissed me off that she didn't check him for the ring first thing. I think someone needs to stomp on those glasses.
Aug 10, 2007 1:53 PM

May 2007
<3 Chika in this episode.

Yeah the ending was really good, with Chika explaining about eventually losing all feeling and then hearing that Shito's already stopped having emotions...

a4chincookie said:
Ahhhh I wanted more Yomi-san. >.< Oh well. Good episode regaurdless. I loved that Michiru shot Shiba. It pissed me off that she didn't check him for the ring first thing. I think someone needs to stomp on those glasses.

Yeah, if only she took off those glasses once in a while, eh?

((...PS... sup d00d. :]))
Aug 10, 2007 2:04 PM

Jun 2007
gettig better and better each episode and next one looks quite good as well
Aug 10, 2007 2:05 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
It seems to be common agreement: Michiru shoot Shiba was a highlight, and Chika acting all lonely. Well, seems we've gotten more background on Chika's character, and it looks like it's leading very nicely into some time on Shito's character :O Can't wait!
Aug 10, 2007 4:55 PM

Apr 2007
Kineta said:
It seems to be common agreement: Michiru shoot Shiba was a highlight, and Chika acting all lonely. Well, seems we've gotten more background on Chika's character, and it looks like it's leading very nicely into some time on Shito's character :O Can't wait!

Same here!

We have also learned some cool stuff about the reaper, I like his eye :P

Aug 11, 2007 1:28 AM

Jan 2007
I liked this episode. I'm really diggin' the bgm. And it was great to get into Chika's character. I enjoyed that. Can't wait to see the next episode.
Aug 11, 2007 2:06 PM

Dec 2006
Loved this episode, and loved the Chika stuff. :3 So totally awesome.

The emotion stuff was good too, and Shito... he's probably going to do something. Hm. He might've been a zombie for a while, who knows?

Also, I really liked the background music this episode, the vocal really soft stuff? That was good.
Aug 11, 2007 2:37 PM

Jun 2007
Aww.. this episode was kinda sad in a way.

Yeahhh dude, michiru shooting shiba, bad ass. I think Shiba is a punk though.. he'd just rather die than do anything else..

Chika.. poor him being afraid of death! That grim reaper dude looked.. pretty.. grim (bad joke)

Next episode looks funny.

-Seigi-
Aug 14, 2007 6:33 AM

Apr 2007
Apparently, I'm the stand alone minority who didn't like Michiru shooting Shiba. I'm not sure why, it just had a reverse affect on me.

As for the rest of the episode, I pretty much agree with the majority.

Aug 14, 2007 9:33 AM

Jul 2007
CHIKA IS LIKE ~~ <3333
i loves him x3
he was so adorable in this episode x3
Aug 14, 2007 2:39 PM

Jun 2007
I really liked the insert song in this one, so sad. Chika in this was awesome but I feel really bad for him. I don't agree with everyone about Shito. I just think he probably always had that cold personality.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Aug 15, 2007 6:31 AM

Jul 2007
Rulebreaker said:
Apparently, I'm the stand alone minority who didn't like Michiru shooting Shiba. I'm not sure why, it just had a reverse affect on me.
I didn't want Shiba to die though he's a crazy ass genius, reminds me of Light. And the Grim Reaper is hot.. he should have been a character in Bleach. LOL. Poor Shito, he can't feel anymore :(
Aug 16, 2007 12:14 AM
Sep 2006
Rulebreaker said:
Apparently, I'm the stand alone minority who didn't like Michiru shooting Shiba.

azurel said:
I didn't want Shiba to die though.

Same here, you two. I actually liked Shiba, and I would have loved to see him grow as a character and as an enemy. I was really looking forward to seeing a lot more of him. He had to be my favorite character of the series so far. In my honest opinion it sucked that he died/was reaped so early in the series. He was just a very unique and wonderful character to me.

I really felt bad for Chika, too. That had been his best friend, and I loved that little snippet where it showed them in high school together. Chika was obviously devastated over what had happened, and I can kind of understand why he was so hell bent on protecting Shiba the way he did. Hell, I'd probably do the same thing.

As for the rest of the episode, yeah. It was a great episode, and I can't wait to see more. Shito's comment at the end really caught me off guard, and the next episode really does look great. Can't wait for it.
Aug 16, 2007 12:23 AM

Jun 2007
Well it wasent bad. It was really cool to see the Grim Reaper :D
to the people who look up the stars and wish
to the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered
Jul 4, 2008 6:22 AM

Jun 2008
God ep ^___^

The only thing I wonder about is... well... Chika and Shito died at the same time... so how come Chika still has him emotions and Shito doesn't?? Guess they might tell us sooner or later...

That and... they could have made a good yaoi ep out of this episode!!!! They were in the same room!!! *sob*

Oh and I loved how the Grim Reaper looked... awesomeness =D

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 29, 2008 3:47 PM

Jun 2008
FAVOURITE EPISODE.
AMMMAAAAZINGGG.
Fuck, I love Shiba.<3
We're on the bed, but your clothes are lying right there~
Sep 1, 2008 4:12 AM

Aug 2008
Was so amazig and interesting...
Shiba is so cuuuute and nice and immortal[if he pain his assets]
Sep 23, 2008 7:32 AM

Oct 2007
was really sad but intersting episode!
Nov 18, 2008 6:52 AM

Jun 2008
Amazing ep. The characters are getting some real depth now
Aug 15, 2009 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
i never thought someone could actually jump off a roof out of boredom o_o...
oh well for me Shiba was like a Z-Loan Aizen Souseke... didn't see it coming not even for a second :P [and he has the same voice as Grimmjow/ Undertaker/Greed, I thought it sounded familiar...]
very emotional at the end though. not that that's a bad thing. Chika was so kawaii with the "Can I sleep in your room?" thing, he was like a little puppy :3

Oct 24, 2009 2:04 PM

Aug 2009
Emotional episode.

This episode explained a lot of things about Zombie-Loan. Also, we get to see the Grim Reaper. Too bad Shiba died. I thought at first that he's going to join Chika and Shito. I guess I was wrong. Chika asking everyone if they can let him sleep over was just hilarious.

Next episode, woosh.
Nov 5, 2009 12:06 PM

Oct 2009
that was kewl i really liked that episode
i was slightly gutted though shiba began to grow on me lol
Mar 6, 2010 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
What a deep episode. Zettai ni, this anime is less stupid than I though. Will I keep this opinion before watching the next possibly topical episode?
Jun 7, 2010 9:35 PM

Sep 2008
Hrm... Shiba seemed a little bit short-lived as a character... I was kind of glad that Michiru got in on the action and did something, though, even if it meant that Shiba would die... They had to kill him anyway. :\

It was a bit of a sad episode (though the part where Chika was "lonely" and asking to sleep in other peoples' rooms was amusing XD)... Looking forward to seeing how this all progresses, since apparently Shito no longer has emotions? Maybe his heart has always been cold.

Anyway... It does feel like the series is improving, little by little, as each episode passes~
Jul 5, 2010 2:42 PM

Apr 2010
Well it was quite a sad episode, I really didn't want Shiba to die when I started to like him..

Seems like he prefers dying entertained than dying bored, I had a similar reaction to Chika when Shiba's hand slipped and he was like "No thanks."

Chika was so adorable when he was all like all lonely~

It was really emotional for me.

I really wanted it to be more than just 11 Episodes and 2 OVAs, it ended up so soon..
Aug 11, 2010 10:48 AM

Sep 2009
Woo the Reaper!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Feb 19, 2011 1:37 PM

Oct 2009
Yeah Michiru shooting Shiba was a surprise, i wish he didn't die though he was a interesting character...Chika character development was great, this series is getting pretty good.
Next episode Hot Springs! ^^;;
Apr 27, 2011 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, Shiba must have been SERIOUSLY bored to go kill himself. >_<
Jun 18, 2011 10:50 PM

Feb 2010
That was pretty cool to see what the Grim Reaper looks like in their world.
And am I the only one who wished that the fight between Shiba and Chika had lasted longer? But it was nice to get some more character development out of him.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jan 1, 2012 2:35 AM

Sep 2011
That episode was hella sad! Loving the music as well! :D
Mar 4, 2012 4:47 PM

Feb 2011
This episode may be the turning point for me. Originally I was like, "eh, this is okay," but now it's suddenly gone to, "wow, this is amazing."

The whole funeral scene and Chicka's explanation of his situation was near heart-wrenching. The character depth that's starting to be achieved is refreshing, and there seems to be a deeper conflict arising with Shito's loss of emotion. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Oct 24, 2013 3:03 AM

Jan 2013
This episode was great/awesome :D.
Mar 7, 2014 5:02 PM

Feb 2014
DEM FEELSSS!!! ^_^ i know a feeling when u lose a friend when he's not even your friend anymore :( i experienced it alot before

but anyway we didn't come here for feeling, and WHY THERE IS ALWAYS RANDOM FUNNY PARTS BETWEEN THE EPISODES xD they're hilarious and theri faces hahahahahaah well i've liked the series more and MORE now :D and the next episode to the hot springs yay xD in every series where they go to hot springs there always have to be a ping pong in there : p is it kind of popular anyway?

Jun 9, 2014 12:36 AM

Aug 2010
I really liked this episode cause it showed that Shito and Chika actually really care for each other and I remember loving this part in the manga too so I'm glad that they included it in the anime. :) <3
Jul 19, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2012
Decent episode, let's see what's next though.
Feb 20, 2015 11:32 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty good episode, liked that they decided to go more in depth
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2015 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
Episode eventful and explanations that make it attractive, the narrative suddenly melancholy, thanks to the soundtrack.
Main storyline that makes a very significant step forward, the rest is always good quality.
May 12, 2015 5:07 AM

Jan 2012
Finally she did some real job,rip bored zombie.

Nov 11, 2017 7:14 PM

Aug 2015
I never noticed how extra this show was until this ep. I literally couldn't stop laughing at how dramatic it was. and those famous last words..

"Nah"
Apr 7, 2:12 PM
Jan 2022
One of the best episodes in the series, which brings some questions about death, both in the common and uncommon trope for these kind of anime... The part of secondary characters death was harsh and it just elevate the whole series experience

More topics from this board

» Favorite Characters...?

melancholy - Jul 28, 2007

41 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 2, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Zombie-Loan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 16, 2007

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Apr 7, 2023 10:03 AM

Poll: » Zombie-Loan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Jul 4, 2007

60 by Carrotsandcucumb »»
Oct 12, 2018 9:52 PM

Poll: » Zombie-Loan Episode 4 Discussion

Faust721 - Jul 28, 2007

29 by CondemneDio »»
Aug 8, 2016 11:46 AM

Poll: » Zombie-Loan Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 6, 2007

42 by AllenVonStein »»
May 12, 2015 5:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.