Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2013 2:44 PM

Jun 2012
Now Open

~New info soon~

Ok so this is my rough draft.

The Weekly anime event will most likely start tomorrow. Katsu had an idea that might help all of us fit this into our schedules. We'll start with two episodes per week. I'm sure a few of you are thinking that's going to take to long. I understand where your coming from on this but we think it will benefit the Weekly Anime. Not all of us have the spare time to watch and discuss anime for long periods of time on a daily basis. I am running a similar event in another club and we had to extend the time twice to allow for some of the participants to catch up. If it seems like everybody can keep the pace then we can always expand.

We'll make sure to let you know when the event officially starts, look for a club news thread in the near future.
FallenkingzeroSep 30, 2013 9:55 AM
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2013 3:57 PM

Apr 2013
cant wait ^___^
Sep 29, 2013 8:47 PM

Jun 2012
~bump~

Read the top comment =)

Sep 30, 2013 8:48 AM

Aug 2010
2 episode per week is good. So I'm assuming we doing one episode on X day and the other on Y day, which stays the same for the 6 weeks it will take to the complete the series.
Sep 30, 2013 9:51 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty much, we're still not sure what the second day will be. We should probably just space them out to get the maximum amount of time to watch both episodes.

Sep 30, 2013 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
Ohhhh it's 2 different days, i thought 2 ep the same day :D
Sep 30, 2013 12:47 PM

Jun 2012
Well I suppose you could watch both if you wanted but then you would have to wait for the rest of us to catch up before you could discuss it.

Sep 30, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
Ah sure but I forget very fast things so i think i'll wait :D
Sep 30, 2013 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
anybody check out the first episode ? i just finished it.
Sep 30, 2013 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
I was planning on watching it tonight, Just to be on the same page, we are starting off by watching the OVA right?
Sep 30, 2013 2:30 PM

Jun 2012
The OVA http://myanimelist.net/anime/11701/Another:_The_Other_-_Inga is not mandatory but I think most of us are going to watch it. It will not count as one of the episodes for this week.

So technically if you plan on watching it you would be watching three episodes this week.

Sep 30, 2013 2:31 PM

Apr 2013
oh ok i mean i dont mind watching it.
Sep 30, 2013 2:34 PM

Aug 2010
Fallenkingzero said:
The OVA http://myanimelist.net/anime/11701/Another:_The_Other_-_Inga is not mandatory but I think most of us are going to watch it. It will not count as one of the episodes for this week.

So technically if you plan on watching it you would be watching three episodes this week.

Thanks for the clarification lol. I would watch try to watch both episodes by tuesday/wednesday
Sep 30, 2013 6:55 PM

Apr 2013
ayo just wondering if anyones watched the first episode or was it just me , but with no spoilers to the people that haven't watched first episode it left me intrigued. I've read the reviews for this anime and they're all pretty good so i can't wait for this story to unfold.
Sep 30, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2012
I'm going to watch it later tonight.

Sep 30, 2013 7:37 PM

May 2012
I can't wait to see some first time reactions to this series again.
Sep 30, 2013 8:02 PM

May 2013
Cool. Can't wait to watch it.
Oct 1, 2013 4:59 AM

Aug 2010
Saw the OVA first, so going to watch episode one tonight. Side note: I am creeped out by dolls lol
Oct 1, 2013 5:13 AM

Jun 2012
Some dolls are creepy, I like the ones from Rozen Maiden though.

Oct 1, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2010
Fallenkingzero said:

Eh, i find dolls in general to be freaky...especially human looking dolls lol. Their lifeless bodies and cold eyes...*shudders*
Oct 1, 2013 12:16 PM

Jun 2012
IheartAnime77 said:
So....we've started?

Yeah it was pretty sudden, you should have received a message from Katsu.

Oct 1, 2013 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
crosby_87 said:
Fallenkingzero said:

Eh, i find dolls in general to be freaky...especially human looking dolls lol. Their lifeless bodies and cold eyes...*shudders*

Hahah same
Oct 1, 2013 12:25 PM

Jun 2012
IheartAnime77 said:
Fallenkingzero said:
IheartAnime77 said:
So....we've started?

Yeah it was pretty sudden, you should have received a message from Katsu.

Nope. Nothing from Katsu o.o But I did get a newsletter from Derafog saying that the anime has been decided~

Ok, well that's our bad.....I should probably make sure everybody knows then.

Oct 1, 2013 1:04 PM

May 2012
I sent the newsletter to Dera to send out to everybody which, by the look of it, you did receive. It said we would be starting Monday with the first 2 episodes. Next time I will underline specific dates so that they won't be missed.
Oct 2, 2013 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
Did anybody watched the 2 episodes? I did
Oct 2, 2013 9:32 AM

Sep 2013
yeah, i did Toma.
Oct 2, 2013 9:51 AM

Jun 2012
Ok the episode 1 discussion starts now, leave the discussion for episode 2 for later when everybody has seen it.

Oct 2, 2013 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
You mean episode "0" lol
Oct 2, 2013 10:28 AM

Jun 2012
tomadaichi said:
You mean episode "0" lol

No I don't :)

Oct 2, 2013 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
ok,
At the begin when the guy meets mahiko, she says that someone who meets his/her doppelgänger has a terrible end,and in fact she was right she died at the hospital..but I didn't ngunderstand something:
What does the dolls do?
Why was she at the hospital
Ok that was the dark side now let's go to the light one ^^
Remember when the 2 girls went in the attraction park,on that ferry wheel, it was so cool when the bird crushed agains the window*splat* lol
But the funniest moment was when one of them(don't
know who) was about to fell down, and said the sad words"forgive me" and then.....
Oct 2, 2013 10:44 AM

Aug 2013
Fell only one-two inch
I laughed to death there! I really thought that she was going to die,she was so serious lol
Oct 2, 2013 2:07 PM

Sep 2013
tomadaichi said:
ok,
At the begin when the guy meets mahiko, she says that someone who meets his/her doppelgänger has a terrible end,and in fact she was right she died at the hospital..but I didn't ngunderstand something:
What does the dolls do?
Why was she at the hospital
Ok that was the dark side now let's go to the light one ^^
Remember when the 2 girls went in the attraction park,on that ferry wheel, it was so cool when the bird crushed agains the window*splat* lol
But the funniest moment was when one of them(don't
know who) was about to fell down, and said the sad words"forgive me" and then.....
tomadaichi said:
Fell only one-two inch
I laughed to death there! I really thought that she was going to die,she was so serious lol

The whole doppelgänger thing was just to scare that one random guy who hit on her, (wasn't Mahiko).
i think the dolls are just there to creep you out... probably explained further in the later episodes, idk..
and yes! that was absolutely hilarious! I thought she was going to die too. well she does later on, but yeah!
Oct 2, 2013 2:26 PM

Jun 2012
Ok so I finally had time to watch episode 1, so far I like it. There is a certain mysterious feel to it. Nothing much happened this episode but we did get to meet the main characters. Apart from the creepy school everything appears fairly normal...................yeah the dolls were creepy.

I liked the music, it fits the general feel you get while watching imo.

Oct 2, 2013 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
Fallenkingzero said:
Ok so I finally had time to watch episode 1, so far I like it. There is a certain mysterious feel to it. Nothing much happened this episode but we did get to meet the main characters. Apart from the creepy school everything appears fairly normal...................yeah the dolls were creepy.

I liked the music, it fits the general feel you get while watching imo.

I love the music too :P
Oct 2, 2013 4:11 PM

Sep 2013
The first episode was very good. it's gonna be hard not to go ahead those eyes are awesome though. I wish my eyes were like that.
Oct 2, 2013 5:37 PM

Aug 2010
So I'm assuming we all are taking about the OVA episode eh.

Well I found the episode in general to be a little dry...but it had its moments. The animation was brilliant and there were some moments where I was like something scary is going to happen now. I didn't catch their names so gotta work on that lol, but am really interested about the girl's eye...the one covered with the eyepatch. Anyways going to start watch "Episode one" tonight.

Is there a still a timeline or are we going discuss episode 1+2 by monday?
Oct 2, 2013 5:47 PM

Jun 2012
Well since the OVA was not included in the lineup I was talking about episode 1, the episode 2 discussion will start tomorrow. We can talk about all of them at once at that time. I just want to give everybody a chance to watch both.

Oct 2, 2013 6:07 PM

Aug 2010
Fallenkingzero said:
Well since the OVA was not included in the lineup I was talking about episode 1, the episode 2 discussion will start tomorrow. We can talk about all of them at once at that time. I just want to give everybody a chance to watch both.

Ah alright, I'm going to watch episode 1 tonight and try to watch episode 2 for tomorrow.
Oct 3, 2013 5:56 PM

Aug 2010
BTB posts but wtv

Episode 1

*edit* fell asleep so tonight lol!
NightwingOct 4, 2013 5:28 AM
Oct 3, 2013 6:22 PM

Jun 2012
crosby_87 said:
BTB posts but wtv

Episode 1

Going to be watching episode 2 tonight ^^

Don't worry about the double post, this is a free discussion area.

Yeah I like the mysterious feel, I might watch episode 2 tonight as well.

Oct 4, 2013 4:55 AM

Oct 2012
Finally got around to watching the episodes myself.

Heh, whenever there are dolls or doll themes around, an Ali Project OP or ED is abound. Seriously, it never fails. I can't complain though, their style is distinct and definitely garnishes the puppet/doll themes or undertones the animes have. I enjoy it to say the least.

I went on ahead, as I have been enjoying it to a fair extent, though I'll limit myself to only mentioning what was in the first episode. The animation and visual quality is nice. The only real complaint I have is the fairly oblivious nature of the protagonist, though it is understandable, it is at times a bit odd that he isn't bothered by what most would be.
Oct 4, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
gotta be honest, i wouldn't be bothered either.
That may make me a terrible human but hey... i am...
Oct 4, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
Perhaps bothered wasn't the right word.

I'll be vague, so no spoilers will be mentioned for the second episode, since it seems some have yet to watch it.

What I mean is, something that is conspicuously ominous, is regarded with, to paraphrase it, "hm, that's weird." He does make honest efforts to find out what it is that everyone is withholding from him as it seems to be an important piece of information being withheld from him, but does it in very roundabout ways. Most notably, not actually asking, not what is it, but why can't you tell me? Or something of that sort. I'd elaborate on other details, but I've yet to finish it, so they may very well be touched up on, or have some purpose for those details. But as I said, it's not bad, just a bit odd when it's juxtaposed with his character.
BeryllusOct 4, 2013 8:36 PM
Oct 4, 2013 10:19 PM

Sep 2013
big words...
but yeah, I agree. 'bothered' wasn't the best word choice.
Oct 5, 2013 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
Beryllus said:
Perhaps bothered wasn't the right word.

I'll be vague, so no spoilers will be mentioned for the second episode, since it seems some have yet to watch it.

What I mean is, something that is conspicuously ominous, is regarded with, to paraphrase it, "hm, that's weird." He does make honest efforts to find out what it is that everyone is withholding from him as it seems to be an important piece of information being withheld from him, but does it in very roundabout ways. Most notably, not actually asking, not what is it, but why can't you tell me? Or something of that sort. I'd elaborate on other details, but I've yet to finish it, so they may very well be touched up on, or have some purpose for those details. But as I said, it's not bad, just a bit odd when it's juxtaposed with his character.

Just saw episode 2, but I find that he knows theres something weird but doesn't try to get information out of his classmates. There were many slip of the tongue to which he should have understood they were hiding something form him...So, maybe he just dosn't want to point out the elephant in the room.

Episode 2
Oct 6, 2013 12:47 PM

Jun 2012
So how did everybody like episode 2, was Another a good choice?

Oct 6, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
Yes, it's not a comedy(only watched comedy till now) but so far so good :D
next anime Working!!
But the scariest of all is the intro! It beats the crap out of me!! Especially when that doll jigles. That's why I always skip it ^^
tomadaichiOct 6, 2013 1:05 PM
Oct 6, 2013 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
I know what you mean!! I know its just anime but i try to avoid watching it in the dark. Feels like either one will pop up from the computer or a doll might sneak up on me lol

Oct 6, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2010
Shikirou said:
I know what you mean!! I know its just anime but i try to avoid watching it in the dark. Feels like either one will pop up from the computer or a doll might sneak up on me lol

lol buddy, I got a fear of dolls too....Goes all the way to my childhood, Never kept any toys near me when I slept LOL. I'm watching the show around 10pm~ so hopefully I don't scream and lost my dignity lol!
Oct 6, 2013 6:50 PM

Oct 2012
tomadaichi said:
Yes, it's not a comedy(only watched comedy till now) but so far so good :D
next anime Working!!
But the scariest of all is the intro! It beats the crap out of me!! Especially when that doll jigles. That's why I always skip it ^^

Huh, I personally really enjoyed the intro. ALI Project probably has a part in that, but the doll theme has grown on me as well, whenever I see them now, they seem delightfully aberrant.

crosby_87 said:

Just saw episode 2, but I find that he knows theres something weird but doesn't try to get information out of his classmates. There were many slip of the tongue to which he should have understood they were hiding something form him...So, maybe he just dosn't want to point out the elephant in the room.

It's possible, though the extent of that extends to even beyond the classroom itself. I don't remember what the rest of what I'd say to add on that was in the second or third episode though, so I'll digress for now, and return to my point when we get to those episodes.

Fallenkingzero said:
So how did everybody like episode 2, was Another a good choice?

I can't say I didn't enjoy the second episode, couldn't keep myself from watching another two afterwards. Though I managed to stop then, as I had yet to obtain the rest of the series.

It's likable definitely. Perhaps it's because I've watched and read a lot about Eastern mythology and the like though, but the anime hasn't surprised me at very many points. I'd create an analogy, but it would contain minor spoilers.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » New Members ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CPxSUBZEROx - May 4, 2012

322 by HamoNinja »»
Oct 26, 2018 4:47 AM

» Watched or not wached ( 1 2 3 4 )

tomadaichi - Oct 20, 2013

166 by j-rose »»
Jul 22, 2017 12:29 PM

Poll: » Favorite Spring 2015 Anime

Tatupu - May 13, 2015

0 by Tatupu »»
May 13, 2015 5:42 AM

» [CLOSED] SENA FAN CARDS

tomadaichi - Nov 12, 2013

3 by kevster101 »»
May 2, 2015 1:45 AM

» [Game]: The But Game ( 1 2 )

Martrezzz - May 13, 2012

70 by SimpleWonders »»
Apr 11, 2015 9:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.