Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2012 11:56 AM

Dec 2009
WARNING - SPOILERS
~
~

This manga has great potential, I'm really loving all of the characters, the plot, everything this manga has been offering so far.

As of right now, it's probably my most favourite. Over all what you do guys think of the manga?

Top points I love about the manga is...

1. Main Character: Tatsuya Shiba - I've always loved the "under-dog" type characters as everyone were thinking he's weak etc... and for him being looked down upon because of him being a [WEED], leaves room for character development for him in becoming stronger. What was even better though was the fact he was already strong to begin with which I also enjoy, for him being quite over-powering but needing to keep it a secret was a nice touch to the character, it makes him more mysterious. In my personal opinion, he's everything I would have asked for in a main character, he's quite the badass.

2. Main Character: Miyuki Shiba - My most favorite characteristics for female characters.

In Chapter 8, you learn more of her personality
To resort to such violence and was really a misunderstanding on her part which lead to jealously reveals that she can be a Yandere type of character (or is such).

The Brother-complex is nice, I actually find that appealing and rather entertaining. What surprised me is that in most or all that I've seen and read, "Brocon" characters are usually from comedy-anime/manga, this manga seems like it can be serious and to have a brother-complex in a serious anime really has me questioning on what will happen in their relationship. (In comedy with the brocon. It's usually just there for the jokes and moe, nothing ever gets serious with the relationship of the two). In this it can and that's was making me really excited.

DAMN YO, Please explain their relationship xD. In this spoiler shows more of the mystery of Tatsuya. What is the meaning behind "I LIVE FOR YOUR SAKE".

Is it affliction or is it simply brotherly love. We'll have to find out ^_^

3. Other Characters - I find that the supporting characters are not bad and does seem to have quite interesting background stories to each of them (an example would be royal or famous bloodlines).

4. Setting - The setting is a school, but what makes it interesting is that you are introduced... #1 WEED and BLOOM conflict, and #2 This "National Magic High School Newcomers Tournament"
This tournament will have great potential in seeing some really badass action fight scenes, really looking forward to this.
Dec 4, 2012 6:28 AM

Feb 2009
>mangafox

3 words: Read the novels.
It's better than the manga. Tatsuya's inner monologues are amusing to read. Plus there's more information and explanations than the manga can give.
Dec 4, 2012 7:29 AM

Dec 2009
Thanks for the advice, will most certainty read the novels ^_^
Jul 1, 2013 4:13 AM
May 2012
I caught up with the manga. I want to read the LN but baka-tsuki has not fully translated vol 5. Where did you read it?
Jul 3, 2013 6:01 AM

Jul 2010
belatkuro said:
>mangafox

3 words: Read the novels.
It's better than the manga. Tatsuya's inner monologues are amusing to read. Plus there's more information and explanations than the manga can give.

This. The vol 5 isnt fully translated because it doesnt follow the story, it's just some cool story there and here, you can skip it.
Jul 17, 2013 1:21 AM

May 2013
So, is this manga worth reading? I'm not really a novel reader but if the manga is horrible, I'll try to read the novel instead.
Aug 13, 2013 4:38 AM

Sep 2009
Yeah dude read the novel, it is more awesome and you'll know more of his powers and it is no ordinary power, he is the most overpowered character in the novel and in the manga.

@flamewingman dude read this manga is awesome ( but the update are kinda slow) and i'll assure you won't regret it
Aug 16, 2013 8:10 AM

Feb 2013
The manga is pretty dam awesome. It really sucked me in, so when I noticed the translator for it talk about the manga being a LN adaptation, I was like 'Baka tsuki! I need you!'

As of now, Volume 5, which is side stories, seems to be fully translated, and the translation is complete up to volume 8.

Volume 9 and 10 are both almost done, last update 5 days ago, and volume 11 came out 6 days ago. Volume 12 set to come out October 10.
Aug 28, 2013 10:09 AM

Jul 2013
yeah, The Author indeed making Tatsuya a super-Gary Stu character without any hesitation and I Support it :D

speaking of Btw, The LN offer more story and plot, and how all of this related, otherwise The Manga offer some eyegasm between those two. so....

pick your choice :)
Pusswookie said:
This,
cressidaaa said:
Levi and Eren should be bro's. I'm rooting for their friendship!

is truth.
Sep 8, 2013 3:11 AM
May 2009
speaking of Btw, The LN offer more story and plot, and how all of this related, otherwise The Manga offer some eyegasm between those two. so....

pick your choice :)[/quote said:

Why not both??? :D lol
Sep 8, 2013 9:00 AM

May 2013
devilscorner said:
Yeah dude read the novel, it is more awesome and you'll know more of his powers and it is no ordinary power, he is the most overpowered character in the novel and in the manga.

@flamewingman dude read this manga is awesome ( but the update are kinda slow) and i'll assure you won't regret it

Sorry for the very late reply. I see.. if the manga is awesome enough, I'll just read the manga. Not very fond of novel.
Sep 14, 2013 3:31 AM

Jul 2010
It's going to take YEARS to, at least, reach the point of being really interesting. The manga is really really slow, but very well done.

More topics from this board

» question about the sequels

jared_dx_58 - Jul 26, 2015

4 by AkatsukiUlquiora »»
Nov 30, 2020 2:56 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Chapter 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

8 by Impala »»
Dec 27, 2017 10:37 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Chapter 3 Discussion

ZeroZx - Feb 26, 2012

12 by SandyBoi »»
Mar 12, 2014 5:25 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Chapter 8 Discussion

NamelessNoogai - Jul 28, 2012

16 by Mr_DaftPunk »»
Dec 29, 2013 10:19 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Chapter 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2013

20 by CrimsonPhantom »»
Dec 24, 2013 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.