Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2009 12:07 PM
Dec 2008
We all watch anime, we all love it, there are some masterpieces (Kanon, Kanon and Kanon) and there are some hideous ones (no names, I'm not allowed). So, what is it that makes us want to watch episodes after another? Cute characters, good artwork, clever plot, anything, tell us what makes an anime good for YOU. (examples appreciated)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 11, 2009 12:51 PM

Jul 2008
Excitement. I want to feel something.A good anime needs a good storyline(including character development) . For e.g. - Kekkaishi, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Hungry heart...etc. ( I routed for the characters, meaning they made me feel something)
Jan 11, 2009 1:28 PM

Dec 2008
The number one thing for me is good characters.
For example, I wouldn't say that Ouran High School Host Club has an exceptional plot, in fact it's been done before and it's probably been done better.
But the characters make it amazing.
Interesting, multi-faceted, unique and relatable characters, maybe some mysterious ones too, that's honestly what I like the most.
Obviously a good plot makes it good, a great plot makes it great, a bad plot makes it bad, etc., I don't think anyone can really argue that.
And, to be a typical girl, I like there to be good-looking guys, let's be honest, most (I won't say all, but most) people want there to be good-looking characters.
I also like good music and artwork, although I'm honestly not too picky about those two things.
Jan 11, 2009 2:23 PM
Dec 2008
Well, I prioritise plot above anything, because a plot really makes me think, if it is a good plot, whether they did something with how the story is put together (as in Kanon and 5 Centimeters per Second) or just a good idea (The.Melancholy.of.Haruhi.Suzumiya) a good plot is my priority

Second, you must be able to like a character, if you dislike the character, whether is he/she being cocky or arrogant, that just puts me off so much. (I dislike intelligent characters with mushroom heads and glasses) But a good character (cute, energetic) will lure you to watch it time after time (Taiga, Shana, Makoto)

Art is also something that is important to me, Lelouch R1+2 had a new style of anime and that was what made me watch it at first, also, I must say that Toaru Majutsu no Index's art was quite mature, and the characters are quite new-looking, away from the cuteness and ecchiness, it was quite mature, which is a nice change

TOP IT OFF, ANIME WHICH IS NEW - Melancholy, Lelouch, Kanon - AND UNIQUE - afterall, what would be good about watching the same thing over and over again right? >.^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Please help me find this hentai

TheSilentDude - Dec 11, 2015

4 by Steven246 »»
Jul 17, 2019 12:36 AM

» What is your Favourite Type of Hentai Genre/Area?

ShaniAndras - Dec 12, 2009

1 by yuri123shibya456 »»
Jan 14, 2016 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hentai or no Hentai?

ShaniAndras - Jan 7, 2009

19 by Nerdo »»
Jan 18, 2012 7:38 AM

» Why such a big deal about hentai?

ShaniAndras - Oct 29, 2009

1 by ShaniAndras »»
Oct 29, 2009 6:24 PM

» Why do you not like Hentai?

eraseme - Jan 11, 2009

4 by ItsMeAndrea »»
Oct 17, 2009 5:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.