Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2007 3:06 PM

Jan 2007
Yay, final episode is out and it was a very fitting conclusion. I loved the concert piece they used in the beginning, and when Chiaki went after Nodame. I'm gonna miss this show, hurry up Del Ray, i want to read more about afterward.
Jul 3, 2007 6:13 PM

Nov 2004
Loved it =) great ending, i almost got teary when he hugged her xD
Jul 4, 2007 1:03 AM

Mar 2007
very good ending. agreed, loved the chiaki and nodame scene.
Jul 4, 2007 10:17 AM

Jan 2007
*sniff* That was wonderful. Loved the orchestral piece in the beginning, and when Chiaki hugged her...I definitely got all teary. I'm sad to see it end, but it was a really good ending.
Jul 4, 2007 11:46 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Aokaado said:
Almost? Jesus, I'm a sucker for this stuff. I definitely got teary.

Awesome ending to a fantastic show. Couldn't have ended any better. :)
Jul 4, 2007 8:21 PM

Nov 2006
Great Ending, i loved it
-
Jul 5, 2007 2:15 AM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:

running_lemonJul 5, 2007 2:32 AM
Jul 5, 2007 11:03 AM

Nov 2004
Xinil said:
Aokaado said:
Almost? Jesus, I'm a sucker for this stuff. I definitely got teary.

I lied a little, i actually did get teary =)
Jul 5, 2007 11:19 AM

Mar 2007
I cried! That was so good. It was the perfect ending.

My only question now is - are they going to make a sequel?
Jul 6, 2007 12:07 AM

Apr 2007
Stormy_77 said:

My only question now is - are they going to make a sequel?

*prays*

Nodame is over T_T .... but what a great ending. I want more!!! T^T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2007 1:53 AM
Apr 2007
i loved, loved, loved this series...i'm so depressed to see it all end...ahh...what a great conclusion...by far my favorite scene was the hug...i was about ready to burst into tears and then jump up and yell "YOU BAKA CHIAKI! ABOUT DAMN TIME YOU HUGGED HER!"...

now i'm just praying for a second season...nodome and chiaki in europe/france? so many possiblities...not only that, their relationship could develop into something more... ;)

one thing that does bother me is the piano piece that plays when chiaki hugs nodame...i think i heard it before but i just don't know the name of it...my classical music instincts tell me it's either a debussy or a chopin (assuming it's a classical piece and not contemporary) since they're well known for their romantic piano compositions...however, there's no way in hell i'm listening through well over 10 hours of classical music in my itunes library to find the answer...if someone out there knows the answer, i will forever be grateful to you... :D
Jul 11, 2007 11:12 PM

Feb 2007
Excellent conclusion to an excellent show. I can't believe its over. It definitely lives up to the standard set by the live-action drama. I wouldn't mind a second season, but only if it can beat the first season, which has already set a high bar.

Jul 23, 2007 9:07 PM

Jun 2007
Waah, so sad I finished it. T_T Amazing series. Really top-notch. Hah, I totally cried when Chiaki hugged Nodame. ;] It was really a perfect ending. While I wish it could have gone on longer, I'm not sure I want a second season because this last episode was just so utterly perfect.

So yes. In case you hadn't noticed, I loved it. :]
Aug 7, 2007 11:13 PM

Jul 2007
wow. i just finished nodame cantabile in like a span of 3 days. the ending was beautiful. the entire series was beautiful. I LOVED THE HUG!!! CHIAKI SEMPAI!!! that made him one of my favorite characters! I also agree about having a second season...they really need to go onto the france arc.

too much love for this series :)

does anyone know where i can get the manga? i actually haven't seen it!
Aug 30, 2007 5:58 PM

Jul 2007
All I can say is "Bravo!!"

This show caught me by surprise and shot straight up to my top 5.

I watched it through a second time, and there were so many subtleties I found the second time through that I missed first time around. A great sign (to me) that this will be a permanent favorite.

A very nice ending here, and I really liked how they tied together the theme on memories from the opening sequence to the ending. So true. The whole show was really tight.

And the music, just awesome.

Season 2 in Paris would be sweet...one can only hope...

"Bravo!"
Sep 28, 2007 10:19 AM
Sep 2007
It's 1:16Am now and I can't still sleep from th excitement of that hug!!

Hahaha... I envy the guys above/below who cried on that scene. I wasn't able to cry...I was about to, but when Nodame's Father cried out in protest, my moment was gone.

I scored this series at 9 when I started it, but when it ended, it went to my top 5 fave animes and landed a 10!!!

Yes, I agree a second season will be good as long as it outdoes this season. The ending was just perfect.

I'm loving it!!!

Sep 28, 2007 10:52 AM
Sep 2007
i wasn't able to cry so i played that call scene over and over, cried over and over!

wahhh...i'm loving that black and white moment they have together!!!

waaaaahhhh....

that moment surpassed my emotions during the last episode of Ouran HS Host Club.

I don't want to sleep. I just want to watch over and over the scene and listen to that piano playing in the background.

Jan 8, 2008 11:41 PM

Dec 2007
amazing.... perfect conclusion... does anyone know if there will be a second season of Nodame Cantabile? because the ending somehow says that there will be a second season... so if anyone knows please tell me. also.. briliant series 10/10!! i loved it.. this was one of the best anime ive ever seen...
Jan 13, 2008 7:38 PM
Aug 2007
what a great ending!! i also got teary when chiaki finally hugged here! weee...

The manga is still publishing so i think this will really have a second season!
now im going to read the manga!! ^^
chubibaJan 13, 2008 7:41 PM
Jan 23, 2008 2:51 PM

Oct 2007
that chiaki x nodame moment was what i had been waiting for all this time. i cried. it was so beaituful, funny, emotional, cute... AHHhhhhh. i kinda wish there were more moments like this throughout the show~

this was an absolutely great ending. there's gotta be a second season at some point~~~ i'd love to see more chiaki x nodame~
Feb 11, 2008 4:49 PM

Oct 2007
What can I add to the above responses? It's pretty much a perfect ending and will cause me to nudge the series up from 9 to 10 and into my top-15 at least.

Now, I don't know how to do spoilers, but I've gotten my hands on the actual translation of the OP theme. What you've been seeing on the fansubs was done to protect you from the horrifying truth, but now it can be revealed. If anyone was thinking of a rewatch, my condolences, because I'm gonna be your equivalent of that guy on the train with the ringtone...

Here goes, the actual lyrics:

"It doesn't matter what comes, fresh goes better in life
And Mentos is fresh and full of life
Nothing gets to you, staying fresh, staying cool
With Mentos fresh and full of life
Fresh goes better, Mentos freshness
Fresh goes better with Mentos fresh and full of life!"
Mar 14, 2008 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
Wonderful ending! Couldn't have been better.
I'm currently learning the song that played in the background during the hug, it's actually the piano version of the opening, Allegro Cantabile Sound.

Mar 30, 2008 9:08 PM

Nov 2007
I really have to agree,that chiaki going after Nodame then hugging her scene is marvelous!=D
Apr 8, 2008 12:26 PM

Oct 2007
Super ^^
Apr 17, 2008 7:05 AM

Feb 2008
Hehehe! Everything happened expectedly since I've already watched the live-action. But in the ending credits, I didn't expect that there would be a younger sister of the chairwoman. LOL! Hahahaha! XD

And yeah, overall it's just a masterpiece. You gotta love this show.
Jun 2, 2008 10:10 AM
Apr 2008
Wow..... that was fantastic!!!!! What an amazing ending... Nodame X Chiaki forever..... :)

I loved how they ended it on a humorous note though... in the bit after the credits (the coda if you want to get musical :P):

Chiaki: "I really love hearing her play the piano"
Nodame's Dad: "Wow.... you're in love with her that much?"
XD I loved that :)

Oh yeah, and the Beethoven at the beginning was amazing. :) I'm so glad a second season has been announced :D

Jun 5, 2008 9:26 PM

Oct 2007
Awesome final episode but the hug at the end really made this episode for me. 5/5 for the episode and a whooping 10/10 for the anime. Been a while since I watched an anime in less then 3 days ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jul 1, 2008 3:51 PM

Mar 2007
Awwwww, the ending was so cute. <3
Jul 14, 2008 8:28 PM

Sep 2007
yeah! Great ending, I love it.
I can't wait for the second season
Jul 26, 2008 1:45 AM

Jul 2008
really great ending, hugged but no kiss?^^
cant wait for 2nd season

Aug 4, 2008 7:38 AM

Feb 2008
Great ending! Simply loved the part where Chiaki hugs Nodame, though I would loved it even more, if the two kissed =P
Going to give this series a 10/10, and I can't wait for the 2nd season ^^
Aug 4, 2008 11:23 PM
Feb 2008
lol when he hugged her i thought he was going to whisper something like "you smell." did anyone catch nodame's father calling chiaki son? the whole family jumps to conclusions. anyways cant wait for the paris part. should be good!
Oct 6, 2008 7:32 PM
May 2008
awww... the ending was so cute =]
Oct 21, 2008 12:50 PM
Aug 2007
One if not the best series for me personally.
Oct 22, 2008 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
omgoshh its 1am in the morning, im wiv my laptop under covers, have runny nose and tears streaming dwn my face.......
tht is hw much I TOTALLY LOVED THE ENDINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2008 4:16 PM

Nov 2006
I never thought Chiaki would do that, but I'm glad he did. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Dec 5, 2008 6:02 PM

Jun 2008
what a cute ending!
i personally didn't cry, i just squealed. eee so cute. XD
i really loved the credits, some of them were really funny. and i loved chiaki's interaction with the dad, son-in-law, lol.
Dec 23, 2008 5:50 AM

Aug 2008
Yes, Chiaki! Finally doing something fine!! I got teary too when he hugged her, but the moment when I was about to cry was spoiled by her father hahahaha!

Fantastic episode, I loved it! Can't wait to see the 2nd season!! ^^

Dec 28, 2008 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
I am really going to watch season 2!!! xD
That ending was really good, with all the flashbacks and the soothing music and the lovey-dovey scene between chiaki and nodame! couldn't have asked for more <3
Feb 12, 2009 5:09 AM

Dec 2008
simply one of the best series in this genre, i dont know why but iam comparing it to Ouran Highschool Host Club, everytime iam watching it. maybe because of similarities of the funny and joyfull moments?
OHSHC is one of my most favorite shows and after i watched this one, ive got another one right on the same step...

thank you for making this, its just wonderfull... bravo! 11/10

as i wasnt aware of the second season i was a bit sad about the ending but i just saw that there will be even a third season, iam a bit relieved because i dont want this show to end like this...

nodame x chiaki :3

btw. the personality of chiaki reminds me of chiaki from Minami-ke, hehe :D
Mar 9, 2009 5:31 AM

Jul 2008
A very fitting and good feeling anime. It capped off something great, Nodame Cantabile had a good atmosphere and it was nice and funny. 9/10.
Mar 10, 2009 5:26 AM

Jan 2009
A Marvelous ending for such a wonderful series. This is probably the best series from the music genre, definitely better than La Corda D'Oro. The comedy, the music, the drama, the romance, it's all here !!

Really, i goin' to like classic music because of this. The OST are awesome too, Allegro Cantabile & Sagittarius by Suemitsu & The Suemith and Konna ni Chikaku de... by Crystal Kay is simply the best and the most fitting theme for this anime !!

This episode is also great. Finally Chiaki chase Nodame and finally Nodame also goin to study in Europe. My favorite scene is none other thatn when Chiaki finally hugs Nodame from behind, i just shout : "It's about time !". It's such a lovely scene.

Goin' to watch season 2 !! Paris-hen !
Mar 29, 2009 9:34 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I loved this anime. very very very good. can't think of anything else to say.
p r o f i l e πŸ‘€
Apr 20, 2009 10:02 AM

Jun 2008
OMIGOSH!!!! I LOVED THAT LAST SCENE!!!!! OMIGOSH!!!! chiaki actually went after nodame! and then the HUG FROM BEHIND!! KYAAA!!! i almost fainted!!! hahaha just kidding! BUT OMIGOSH! THAT WAS SO GREAT!!! too bad the father saw them, we might've gotten more... ahahah...it turns out they'll both be going to paris right?!!?!?!? OMIGOSH!! i just love this!! hahahaha... that was a great ending!!!
Apr 26, 2009 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
I must say that those first 11 episodes reached my kokoro, to be honest im slighty a lot dissapointed with this ending. Well its true, he went for her in the end and give her a epic hug, THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FUCKING FACT THAT HE WAS A TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY ASSHOLE TO NODAME IN THE WHOLE SHOW. I hate how he treated Nodame like trash. Even in the end he was embarrased just for the solely purpose to travel all the way to meet her. I hate the typical cool/cold guy with the flawless charm. Fuck him.

Anyway but the first half of the show was really enojoyning for me. I can't deny that i laughed and cried. Too many Chiaki in this anime fucked the story, they left behind Nodame's development a lot :/ not my type of romantic story.

8/10 For me.
MikiyoApr 26, 2009 12:17 PM

My Anime List. | ηš†γ―θ¦‹γ€γ‘γ‚‰γ‚Œγ‚‹εΏ…θ¦γŒγ‚γ‚‹γ€‚ | Relentless.
Apr 27, 2009 8:48 PM

Feb 2009
Tamaki-san said:
I must say that those first 11 episodes reached my kokoro, to be honest im slighty a lot dissapointed with this ending. Well its true, he went for her in the end and give her a epic hug, THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FUCKING FACT THAT HE WAS A TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY ASSHOLE TO NODAME IN THE WHOLE SHOW. I hate how he treated Nodame like trash. Even in the end he was embarrased just for the solely purpose to travel all the way to meet her. I hate the typical cool/cold guy with the flawless charm. Fuck him.

Anyway but the first half of the show was really enojoyning for me. I can't deny that i laughed and cried. Too many Chiaki in this anime fucked the story, they left behind Nodame's development a lot :/ not my type of romantic story.

8/10 For me.

You're English sucks lol.

Awesome show! :P
Apr 28, 2009 12:31 PM

Jan 2009
Aeikai said:

So does your fucking explanation about how awesome it was. Who sucks now?

My Anime List. | ηš†γ―θ¦‹γ€γ‘γ‚‰γ‚Œγ‚‹εΏ…θ¦γŒγ‚γ‚‹γ€‚ | Relentless.
Apr 29, 2009 2:03 AM

Oct 2008
One of the most lively anime series I've ever seen. The music in this series is just so epic and the animation when the instruments are being played is accurate too. I prefer the 1st ending song over the 2nd ending song though.

This series is definitely at least a 9 or 10. I may have to revise my ratings a little. Now for the Paris Chapter of Nodame Cantabile.

Some things in life are indeed beautiful.
May 24, 2009 8:53 AM
Feb 2009
It was awesome.and I agree with TYSM
Jun 12, 2009 11:07 AM

Mar 2009
Aeikai said:

Yours too apparently. It's "Your English sucks." Or were you going to say: "You're English, that sucks."? Don't think so ... If you're going to make fun of others, check your own spelling first. :P

And:

Tamaki-san said:

So does your fucking explanation about how awesome it was. Who sucks now?

==============================================

I really liked the ending ..... It wasn't the end of the whole series after all, so I didn't expect a big happy ending with sappy confessions of love or something like that lol ..... My fangirl heart rejoiced when Chiaki was hugging Nodame from behind, so cute (:
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Jul 3, 2007

57 by marta_valse »»
Sep 23, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Jun 25, 2007

66 by marta_valse »»
Sep 23, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jun 15, 2007

57 by marta_valse »»
Sep 23, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Jun 4, 2007

66 by marta_valse »»
Sep 23, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 31, 2007

61 by marta_valse »»
Sep 23, 5:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.