Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2013 6:06 PM

Jul 2010
I was wondering what people here think of Nanamine's quite revolutionary method of creating a manga? I myself am not entirely sure.

I think a manga should be something that should be succesful after putting your heart and soul into it, while working hard into becoming even slightly better or making the story even a tad better. Knowing how much effort the artists put into their work makes it, for me, so much more enjoyable to read/watch.
In that apsect I reject Nanami's method of grabbing ideas from other people like that without working for it at all, and even having other people complete his drawings, which is different from having assistants who draw the background/do the inking/toning. It's the easy way out and it makes the hard working people look like fool, while for me, they are the true artists.

On the other hand; what is wrong with collecting ideas from others, regardless if it's from the internet or not? Asking your teammate, friend or family member for their opinions seems to be generally accepted, so why wouldn't one be allowed to ask random people from the internet about it? When one says it's okay if it's only 1 or a few good friend(s), then where lies the boundary?
If mangaka A has 2 best friends and asks for their opinion, is it more acceptable then when mangaka B, who has like 15 so-so friends, asks for their opinion? And what about mangaka C, who doesn't have any friends and goes to a forum to ask people for their opinion?
The point here is; if one is allowed to ask people like friends or family for their opinions, then why shouldn't Nanamine be allowed to ask his buddies for their input?

And does it really matter in the end? If Nanamine would come out for the fact he has a team of 50 people + rather professional assistants working for him, would it make his manga "bad"? Can't it be interesting even whilst people know that fact?
Of course it doesn't matter, as long as the manga is interesting people will like it, regardless of how many people worked on it. But is it it's the "right" thing to do?

In the end Nanamine manages to put all the ideas into one interesting story, especially his one shots are very well done. In the end he cracked under the pressure and tried to add too many ideas but for his one shots he did a very good job. He said he draws part of the manga himself so he does work on the art, though one can argue if it's enough though. Considering these 2 things I wonder if he truly does cross the line of what "acceptable" is?

Anyway I do think that if Nanamine's method were to become "normal", the whole idea of creating and making a manga would change drastically. There wouldn't be geniuses like Eiji anymore because they are simply not needed. The producing method would become a group project intead of a solo struggle, ideas would get molded in a different ways the original authors meant them and thl one-on-one competition between mangaka's would disappear because it would be group againt group, where the "best" people can be bought with money and invidual skills would slowly get affected by the ideas of the group.

It might even be very effective on the long run, as many outstanding people will get the chance to give their opinion, but it's not a manga publishing system I would ever like to see though. It would kill the real individual works because every idea would be polished by a numerous amount of people until it's really no ones work anymore.

But that's just my opinion. What do you guys think?
Animefanx3Mar 27, 2013 6:37 PM
Mar 30, 2013 12:25 AM

Nov 2007
If Nanamine's method is allowed, then we don't need professional publishing companies at all. Also, while I do kind of agree with Nanamine's method of getting help from others, Nanamine's just using others' ideas without him even thinking about one (just organizing what others said). And while battling against the pair, he just disregards his editor's opinions (who was just making money from his profession). He can just go to "Doujin" for that matter if to use his method, but no, he wants to make money instead, so that's not allowed.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

114 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 16, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

322 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
May 6, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.