Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2013 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dat photograph. Also nice to see a new character introduced. I lol'd @ the pool scene. Getting kicked into the pool like that by Kyosuke, ha! Oh and him kicking ass in the air was a pleasant sight this episode for me.

Stark700Feb 11, 2013 11:28 AM
Feb 11, 2013 9:05 AM
Dec 2012
Is Hyoubu really going to kill him? Hard to imagine.
Feb 11, 2013 11:25 AM

Jun 2012
Uh Oh undercover investigator Andy Hinomiya, you're screwed.....

Andy's mission was to recover an object called the Ichahigo which allows the ship to be as awesome it is(Stealth, Flying, etc). It would be a huge asset to any of the three organizations after it. We also got a sneak peek at one of Hyobu's old friends who's bound to a journal through blood which it seems we'll learn more about in a flashback for the next couple of weeks in a mini arc. I liked how they showed the camera angles on Andy and Hyobu when they were suspecting each other however it would have felt nice if they showed it at the beginning when Andy first joined instead of all at the end where so much happened.

This episode really hammered in the point Hyobu is really close to Death's stroke. He went Unlimited at the beginning of the fight so he could just floor the Queen who was buying time for Andy to steal from the boat. Out of this whole thing though, the relationship development between Yugiri and Andy this episode was surprising and I can see colliding with the showdown. Does she like Hyobu or Andy more? I have no idea how this is going to play out and it's exciting as hell
Feb 11, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
eminagnam said:
Is Hyoubu really going to kill him? Hard to imagine.

Probably not,since either hyobu and andy said they have only 1 year,i don't see neither one of them dying right now.

Also Andy show up in the manga?
Feb 11, 2013 11:34 AM

Nov 2007
DAT CLIFFHANGER! It's obvious Andy wont die (yet) but how could they end the episode like that! Though looks like next ep is Hyoubu backstory.

Out of all series this winter, this one probably has me the most invested in it's story, I just cannot wait to see what happens next. 5/5
Feb 11, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2010
Really good episode.

I wonder if they'll kill off Hyobu before the last ep...because from what I see from the severity of his symptoms and how desperate he seems...that he really doesn't have much time left to live :(...hope that they at least keep him alive til last ep.

Also it was nice to see he's way stronger than queen...this ep proves that he was only playing around with her last time...he totally floored her this time.

Still Yugiri sooooo cute...how can Andy betray such a cute girl, c'mon man I know u'll choose the right answer. Really want to know how this will progress. Can't wait to see Hyobu's past nxt ep.
Feb 11, 2013 12:29 PM

Oct 2011
What a twist O___O. Hyoubu's back-story next week XD
Feb 11, 2013 1:00 PM

Sep 2009
Ha. The funny thing that next arc is taken from manga. And Yay, Hyoubu/Andy version of Britest light. To bad they don't use this ED for all eps. And twice bad that preorders for this great show are so-so (
Feb 11, 2013 1:05 PM

Apr 2010
great episode ,finally kyousuke's past ..i think it'll take 2-3 eps
Loved kyousuke and andy's ending v. X3
Feb 11, 2013 3:35 PM

Oct 2010
The ED ♥ , dat cliffhanger :(
Feb 11, 2013 5:52 PM

Jan 2013
Oh Wow, to think we'd see generation zero in animated form!

Also oh Andy you gonna sink the ship with you new little sister or get mind screwed or get shot in the head by you commander or all of the above.
Feb 11, 2013 6:26 PM
Sep 2012
Aww. Looks like we have to wait a few weeks before we get to see what happens to Andy and Kyousuke. Well at least we get some backstory of Kyousuke, so that should be interesting.
Feb 11, 2013 6:54 PM

Dec 2007
Wait? They're actually devoting at least 2 episodes to canon manga material?!?!
I honestly did not see that coming. At all.

Oh, and I have to love Patty getting dirty thoughts . . . again. Nice to know they're throwing some love out to manga readers.
Feb 11, 2013 7:34 PM

Dec 2010
Normally i would think that Kyousuke has plot armor enough to survive despite his condition but now I'm seriously wondering if he will die off before it all ends.

Seems like we will be getting our crucial flashbacks, it something i really look forward to since it will be essential to Kyousuke's development.

I doubt he will kill Andy but then again...he may very well try i just think something will happen before Andy actually dies.
Feb 11, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2007
Such an exciting episode, can't wait for the next one! Little Kyousuke so cute <3

I love the sexy ending too.
Feb 11, 2013 8:13 PM

Mar 2012
So, as predicted by others, Andy and USEI were after I-8...

Not to mention the prediction of destruction of the Queen of Catastrophe has a Predictive Alteration Level of unpredictable. Seems like a first in the entire franchise that it happened with the exception of the prediction that drives the main story and even that was never explicitly given a predictive change level.

On another note, it looks like the next couple of episodes will be adapting the Generation Zero Arc from the manga to some extent. Definitely love hoe this anime is turning out. Manglobe is showing some love for the manga readers.

As for the cliffhanger, Andy is not gonna die just yet. It's too early for that. As for Hyoubu, he is definitely not gonna die. At least definitely not before this happens...
[Chapter 290: The ESPer Boy Has Returned Home (7)]

Loved the new ED with Andy and Hyoubu. They should use that one and Brightest Light more often.
Glad to see that they stopped using the same footage for Kyousuke releasing his limiter. And of course, an appearance by Kaoru is always a good thing... :P
Ashen_MikoFeb 11, 2013 8:19 PM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Feb 11, 2013 8:32 PM
Oct 2011
yup! I knew the device that Andy was looking for was Igou 8 (pretty obvious if they wanna stay loyal to content) It was laid out pretty well that Hyoubu knew from the beginning abt Andy. Hyoubu's just that kind of person. I dont usually hate their presence, but Kaoru was jut being reallly extra in the episode.

So the next episode, are they are gonna animate "Missing Link" arc? That might be the only official manga content that they are animating into this spin off! XD LOL. I guess because it's the past so it doesnt affect the spin off series. Wondering if they are gonna show

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Feb 11, 2013 10:41 PM

Feb 2008
I actually believe that US will betray Andy and not listen to him and still try to bring the military force.
Whatever he will probably switch side and yeah I don't think Andy will die yet, the foolish kid was himself.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 11, 2013 11:45 PM

Sep 2008
Well, Kyousuke defeating Queen with 0 troubles was fun to watch. This episode in general was really great, I doubt Andy is going to die, but still I can't wait to see what's going to happen since there's no way for me to predict it.
Feb 12, 2013 12:39 AM
Dec 2012
Ah. :/
He figured it out. :/

Can't wait to see what happens next.
Liking this Anime :)

For some Reason, The Signature Doesn't Update, So just click to see.
Feb 12, 2013 4:34 AM

May 2010
By the way...
how will they steal such a large thing from the ship?
hawa777Feb 12, 2013 5:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2013 4:52 PM

Oct 2011
Here is the DARKNESS NIGHT Ending

https://vimeo.com/59531685
Feb 13, 2013 4:43 AM

Jan 2008
This series is truly amazing . really . It never became disappointing .
The storytelling is pretty solid . The visuals are awesome .It's OP/EDs are terrific . I think there's nothing I can hate in here .

The only thing that irked me this episode was when Hyoubu and co. went and tried to ambush the cars . They werent supposed to ask the driver of the car to give up the items , they should had done it the PANDRA way and stole the van directly and went somewhere . =.="

and so Andy was given a choice , and he picked the choice to side with the normals ... which he will probably regret later on if he knows what is about to happen . I wonder how he felt when he thought of betraying his recent 'allies' and all . Especially Yuugiri .

About Kaoru , she is just as restless as always . Good thing Hyoubu roflstomped here to shut her down .She's just accelerating Hyoubu's death because of him releasing his limiter everytime he stops her .

So I have thoughts of how the ship will sink based on BABEL's precognition :
a) Ihachigo gets broken/stolen making the ship sink because it has lost its controls . b) USEI uses military force to get Ihachigo causing the ship to break and sink . c) Hyoubu gets too carried away with his powers then breaks the ship . d)An unknown esper shows up .e)Utsumi raged . f)IT hits an iceberg . So in other words , BABEL indirectly caused the ship sinking because
But seriously , I cant wait anymore . This curiousness is killing me .And does anyone know when they will release the album of Brightest Light and Darkest Light ? They're so awesome .

So next episode/s are gonna be flashbacks . This is gonna be interesting . I never expected this series to be like this . This is pretty much the best series of the season .
oh and Hyoubu and Fujiko ... HNNNNNNNNNNNNG
archer_shirou01Feb 13, 2013 4:47 AM
Feb 13, 2013 5:38 AM

Nov 2008
Pretty intense episode - it was predictable but in a good manner. Andy is the best filler-like character ever made!
Feb 13, 2013 8:47 AM

Apr 2010
archer_shirou01 said:
does anyone know when they will release the album of Brightest Light and Darkest Light ?

It's already out
You can check the date for the other character singles here :
http://unlimited-zc.jp/music/index.html
Feb 13, 2013 11:47 AM

Feb 2012
A great episode like always.
Feb 13, 2013 1:18 PM
Jul 2012
Hyobou is honestly such a cool character, he has a mindset and won't let anything interfere with it even if it means using his limiter to shorten his life EVEN more. Ahh this anime is probably the best out right now (winter)
"
Feb 13, 2013 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
Blackbird said:
I actually believe that US will betray Andy and not listen to him and still try to bring the military force. Whatever he will probably switch side and yeah I don't think Andy will die yet, the foolish kid was himself.
Yeah... I get the feeling that they will bring in the military force. He will try to protect Yugiri and all that good stuff. You know the US - always bringing in the army.

But I still kinda find it lame that Andy's powers are on the lame-ish side.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Feb 13, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2010
I'm still wondering what happened with Kazura, Kagari and Mio.
It was a pretty good episode.
Feb 13, 2013 3:24 PM

Jan 2008
Miyaa said:
archer_shirou01 said:
does anyone know when they will release the album of Brightest Light and Darkest Light ?

It's already out
You can check the date for the other character singles here :
http://unlimited-zc.jp/music/index.html
oh .ok . thanks .
HacheKa said:
I'm still wondering what happened with Kazura, Kagari and Mio.
Anyone ?
Feb 13, 2013 5:14 PM

May 2010
Cliff hangers? why? damn it.
Feb 13, 2013 7:14 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, funny when they both knew that Andy had been watching the conversation and when he was thrown in the pool. Next episode is a flashback I hope it's not more than two episodes because that would really cut down on the time left for plot development in present time. There's no way Andy would die so I wonder what's going to happen. Hopefully nothing big happens that would wreck the awesome diologue that the characters have, by this I mean the attitudes towards each other.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Feb 16, 2013 3:28 AM

Mar 2010
fak Andy screwed up .
This episode is too intense , can't wait for the next episode @ episode 8
coz' ep 7 will be focusing on hyobu 's past :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2013 1:03 PM

Aug 2011
Kaoru is supposed to be 10 years old, but she looks like she's 16. Maybe this is just later than the MAL entry says?

She still sounds like an adult woman. Or a man. lmao.
Feb 16, 2013 1:41 PM

Apr 2010
^
There is a time skip after the anime , in the manga she's already 14
Feb 16, 2013 11:00 PM

Mar 2012
Miyaa said:

There is a time skip after the anime , in the manga she's already 14

That would be at the current point in the manga. However, given the chronology of events combined with some dialogue that gave it away, Patty being in the Catastrophe, etc. She is only just barely younger than 13 since this is before Feather's first appearance.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Apr 11, 2013 8:34 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty good episode, next episode looks like a flashback, hopefully it'll be interesting.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 12, 2013 1:04 AM

Oct 2012
Oh, everyone just want to predict what comes in next episode

Well, for me I just don't want Accel-.. ehh... Hyoubu die :(
And couldn't he fight Queen without releasing the limiter?
"Signature removed"
Apr 15, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2010
Ah. . . he blew his cover~
Jun 5, 2022 7:10 PM

Jan 2021
I'm hoping Hyobu survives at the end of this series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2013

88 by VavienN »»
Sep 12, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2013

91 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 1, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

43 by 0Novelion »»
Oct 1, 2022 12:28 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2013

106 by Acctra »»
Jun 5, 2022 10:21 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2013

53 by Acctra »»
Jun 1, 2022 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.