Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2008 3:16 AM

Jun 2008
Soooo... anyone got something to ask here :)???!!!
Since we all agree that anime & manga are ftw :DDDD
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 27, 2008 6:52 AM

Jul 2008
What do you do to relieve stress?

Personally... I would do exercises (carrying weights) to relieve stress but taking a long walk at the beach works for me too! :)
Oct 27, 2008 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
err... watch anime....
that doesn't make me feel really original

Oct 27, 2008 7:48 AM

Jul 2008
I was asking that is non-anime in general. But hey, watching anime does make me feel better when I'm feeling down too! :D
Oct 27, 2008 8:25 AM

Apr 2008
sigh, i would say writing, but i mostly write naruto fanfiction, so that doesn't count either

probably playing the violin

Oct 27, 2008 8:36 AM

Aug 2007
That's a hard one, because I never get stressed; I think I'm just too carefree to ever get worked up by anything.

If I feel depressed or something, I try to do something happy (which is why I'm asking for a 'feel-good' anime in the recommendation thread). If that doesn't help, I just wait it out.
Oct 27, 2008 8:49 AM

Jul 2008
Well, its good to see that some people do not get stressed :)
Oct 27, 2008 9:48 AM

Jun 2008
Ah well, I don't get stressed much, but sometimes I do...
then I smoke a cigarette - totally not recommended for non-smokers ;)))
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 27, 2008 11:26 AM

Jul 2008
I'm a non-smoker! :P

I don't get stressed much too. Well, I used to but not anymore :)
Oct 27, 2008 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
akane-soir86 said:
I'm a non-smoker! :P

And that's very good!!!! Smoking is bad for you and people around you ;)
(damn, I feel like a hypocrite XDD)
Oct 27, 2008 1:33 PM

Dec 2007
^ Ever tried stopping? It would benefit you.
Oct 27, 2008 6:12 PM

Jun 2008
Gurenn said:
^ Ever tried stopping? It would benefit you.

I know it would.... but eh, I'm an addict and I admit it, so... :D
Oct 27, 2008 7:44 PM

Jul 2008
@natsuki-chan-bg: No offense but I have to agree with Gurenn... I suggest that you can try eating sweets that could help in a way. But I have friends who happens to be smokers and I can understand if its hard for them to quit smoking. But the main thing I am concerned about as your friends is your health.
Oct 27, 2008 7:48 PM

Jun 2008
Ahhhh if I start eating sweets instead of smoking, I'll get fat then!!!!!
Besides, how did the question of relieving stress came to my quitting of smoking :D?

So I punch a bag when I'm reeeeealy stressed... anyone else ;)?
Oct 27, 2008 7:57 PM

Jul 2008
I'm not asking you to eat too much sweets, Natsuki-chan... :P

Manthol sweets can be of great help if you want to quit smoking.... :P

Anyways... I would punch a punching-bag when I'm really frustrated with someone. It will make me feel much more better if I imagine the bag is the person who pissed me off big time XD
Oct 28, 2008 3:42 AM

Jun 2008
akane-soir86 said:

Anyways... I would punch a punching-bag when I'm really frustrated with someone. It will make me feel much more better if I imagine the bag is the person who pissed me off big time XD

That helps a lot :DDD
Oct 28, 2008 10:34 AM

Feb 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
akane-soir86 said:

In my case, I try to get away from people cuz when I get frustrated I feel like killing whoever is standing in my way, yes, I'm of them people who gets blinded by anger :(
the last time that happened, I almost broke a big wooden desk, I need to do something about that...

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oct 28, 2008 10:40 AM

Apr 2008
midori-chan89 said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:
akane-soir86 said:

In my case, I try to get away from people cuz when I get frustrated I feel like killing whoever is standing in my way, yes, I'm of them people who gets blinded by anger :(
the last time that happened, I almost broke a big wooden desk, I need to do something about that...

I saw someone get REALLY pissed (and drunk) in my dorm last year. The dude punched THROUGH a door (about 2 in thick)

i was like, o.O

Oct 28, 2008 6:04 PM

Jan 2008
mah stress is too troublesome i rarely
get stressed im just too lazy for it n_n
but if then im used to watch e.g.:
stress reliever nr1 - Aria ^_^
stress reliever nr2 - sketchbook ^○^
pure animated valerian >_<
maybe while drinking a tea ^.^

if ure still stressed after one ep of this shows ....
u should visit a doc ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Oct 28, 2008 6:24 PM

Jun 2008
saitoXhenrietta said:

I saw someone get REALLY pissed (and drunk) in my dorm last year. The dude punched THROUGH a door (about 2 in thick)
i was like, o.O

Ok I never did THAT :D!!!

Oct 28, 2008 6:48 PM

Jan 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
saitoXhenrietta said:

i was like, o.O

Ok I never did THAT :D!!!

a ex-gf of mine kicked thru a door ^^
we had alot to laugh cause she stucked
into that door and it looked funny cause
we only could saw her leg and heard her
grumbling on the other side ^^

Oct 28, 2008 7:05 PM

Jun 2008
RaiStorM said:

Hehe, hope you weren't the one who pissed her of that much :D
And I'm sure it looked very funny XDDDD
Oct 28, 2008 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
RaiStorM said:

Hehe, hope you weren't the one who pissed her of that much :D
And I'm sure it looked very funny XDDDD

no she was fighting with her mother but dunno over what ^^
ah and she went mad cause we laughted but its okay since
my sis is a tsundere we all could just hide and let her handle the
rest (as usual) xD

Oct 28, 2008 9:43 PM

Jul 2008
Rage is one emotion we can barely control...

Even though I am able to control my anger when people piss me off... but believe me... there are limits to whatever these people do or say to piss me off.

There was one incident which happened while I was serving National Service and there was this guy who does not know any limits to being sacarstic to the people around him. He swears at every single sentence that comes out of his mouth and he really likes to talk bad about the people around him, which are more than enough to hurt people feelings. I so happen to be among the people who he loves to pick on...

So, there was once he said something bad about my mom and I flung two chairs to him (which missed) followed by a desk (which barely missed him). He dashed to the corner of the bunk and I caught up with him, grabbed him from behind, turned him around to face me and I shoved him hard against the wall and started wrapping my hands around his throat. He started begging me to let him go and told me that he was only joking. I drew my fist back and punched... the wall less than an inch away from his face which cracked on impact... and how nice it was to see him cry. But I released him and he never insulted anyone from that day on.
Oct 28, 2008 10:56 PM

Apr 2008
akane-soir86 said:

Even though I am able to control my anger when people piss me off... but believe me... there are limits to whatever these people do or say to piss me off.

There was one incident which happened while I was serving National Service and there was this guy who does not know any limits to being sacarstic to the people around him. He swears at every single sentence that comes out of his mouth and he really likes to talk bad about the people around him, which are more than enough to hurt people feelings. I so happen to be among the people who he loves to pick on...

So, there was once he said something bad about my mom and I flung two chairs to him (which missed) followed by a desk (which barely missed him). He dashed to the corner of the bunk and I caught up with him, grabbed him from behind, turned him around to face me and I shoved him hard against the wall and started wrapping my hands around his throat. He started begging me to let him go and told me that he was only joking. I drew my fist back and punched... the wall less than an inch away from his face which cracked on impact... and how nice it was to see him cry. But I released him and he never insulted anyone from that day on.

o.O remind me to never get on your bad side

yea, i consider myself a pretty mellow fellow (haha it rhymes), so rage just doesn't really come to me... at least not yet XD

Oct 28, 2008 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
Being someone who is patient most of the time its rare for me to fly into a rage. If that happens I can say that it would be a 1/100 chance. I normally would ignore insults and ignore those people but then again, there are things that I'm pretty sensitive about (like people insulting my mom) so in those rare cases, the animal in me would be unleashed. I might add that I'm an emotional person too so that makes it harder to believe that I will fly into a rage. I rarely get involved in fights too and will avoid unnecessary combat at all costs. But that does not mean I won't retaliate when physically provoked. I carry weights because I know I have to prepare for such incidents should they happen to me.
Oct 29, 2008 5:27 AM

Dec 2007
akane-soir86 said:

Awesome.
Oct 29, 2008 7:32 AM

Jul 2008
@Gurenn: I am not the kind of person to lose my temper easily but no one and I mean no one calls my mom a bitch... >__>
Oct 29, 2008 11:49 AM

Dec 2007
That's why it's awesome. It wouldn't be awesome if you did that for no reason.
Oct 29, 2008 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
Gurenn said:
akane-soir86 said:

Awesome.

Totally agree. It's not good to insult people, and it's normal to have this kind of reaction in this case.
And I dunno how you managed to throw two chairs and a desk...
you must've been really pissed off to have that much strength in that moment.
I guess that adrenaline does wonders :D
Oct 30, 2008 3:25 AM

Jul 2008
@Gurenn: I will never do something like that for no reasons at all. Believe it or not that was the first and last time that I threw such temper. I'm normally a calm person! :D

@natsuki-chan-bg: Those two chairs and desk that I threw were wooden and the kind we normally find in classrooms. But they were kinda heavy and I was surprised how I managed to throw them with relative ease. I also noticed that there was a slight crack on the concrete wall after punching it. I guess you are right that adrenaline might have kicked in when I was pissed off... :P
Oct 30, 2008 8:42 AM

Jun 2008
Well it's a science based fact that people under the influence of adrenaline
have much more strength than they normally have :D

And it's also a fact that 2/7 people have adrenaline addiction.
That's why we sometimes do extreme stuff ;)
Oct 30, 2008 8:46 AM

Apr 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:

yea, there are stories of mothers being able to lift up cars and stuff when their children are trapped underneath- pure adrenalin

Oct 30, 2008 9:05 AM

Jun 2008
saitoXhenrietta said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:

yea, there are stories of mothers being able to lift up cars and stuff when their children are trapped underneath- pure adrenalin

Lift up cars?!!!!! Wow :DDDD
Oct 30, 2008 1:43 PM

Dec 2007
Yes, I heard a news flash about a woman lifting a starting car to save her child a couple of years ago. She did have some fractures afterwards if I remember correctly though.
GurennOct 31, 2008 6:24 AM
Oct 30, 2008 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
Gurenn said:
Yes, I heard a news flash about a woman lifting a starting car to save her child a couple of years ago. She did have some fractures afterwards if I remember correcyly though.

I have heard about this too... :)

And apparently... adrenaline would give an average human super strength for a limited amount of time but we have our limits when adrenaline kicks in and perhaps while we're doing something which an average human is not capable of doing (e.g. cracking walls by punching them while in great anger or lifting cars to save loved ones). Humans are not gorillas you know. I remember that I bruised my knuckle like hell the day after the incident :P

Alas, adrenaline can be considered natural nano-machines that amplifies our strength! :D
TheNotoriousKAZOct 30, 2008 7:19 PM
Oct 30, 2008 6:01 PM

May 2008
I LYK PIE!! O_O
Oct 30, 2008 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
AnimeAngelSayuri said:
I LYK PIE!! O_O

cake is better =P

Oct 30, 2008 6:17 PM

Jul 2008
PIZZA FTW!!! :D :D :D
Oct 30, 2008 6:23 PM

May 2008
akane-soir86 said:
PIZZA FTW!!! :D :D :D

Especially Those From Pizza Hut 8D

Oct 30, 2008 6:25 PM

Jul 2008
PIZZA HUT = PURE WIN B)
Oct 31, 2008 10:02 AM

Aug 2008
i like donuts. xD
Oct 31, 2008 11:04 AM

Aug 2007
Tacos pwn everything! /thread =P

jk, but I've got a question: What made you choose the username you did?

Me, well, I love llamas. For three reasons:
1. They pwnzors everything. Except platypuses
2. This song. Listen to it =D
3. They've got a funny side role in my favorite game series, Sim City

And the 'guy' part is probably obvious (if it wasn't, I'm a guy)
Oct 31, 2008 11:31 AM

Apr 2008
well, i was watching Zero no Tsukaima season 2, episode 6 (Queen's vacation) while I was creating my MAL account. I'm bad at coming up with usernames, so I just picked the first thing that came to mind. Those who have seen this particular episode should know what I'm talking about

Oct 31, 2008 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
Nice reasons, both of you :)

I chose mine cause Natsuki is my all time fav character,
and the -bg thing is shorten for Belgrade, my home city :)
And just Natsuki-chan is already in use, so......:(
Oct 31, 2008 2:27 PM

Jul 2008
If I remember correctly the Onyx part of my user name came from the forth Halo book Ghosts of Onyx. The 02 part came form the book being on the second shelf above my computer.

I Pick user names by looking around my room until I find a word or name or thing that I like.
OnyxOct 31, 2008 3:51 PM
Oct 31, 2008 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
onyx02 said:

I Pick user names by looking around my room until I find a word or name or thing that I like.

that's a good strategy ;))))
Oct 31, 2008 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
I got my name from Akane Soir from Mai-Otome :)

But I can count that as both incarnations of Akane from Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome! :)

Not only is she my all time favourite character but she has been the only one who I can relate to the most and she seriously is the female version of myself.
Nov 1, 2008 4:46 AM

Jul 2008
I got my username by, well, translating my first name and it stuck to me for a while. the _x just looks cool. x3
[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Nov 1, 2008 8:50 AM

Feb 2008
Namida_x said:
I got my username by, well, translating my first name and it stuck to me for a while. the _x just looks cool. x3

Your first name is Tears?

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone here practice martial arts or other fighting techniques?

HateYouFool2 - Aug 7, 2009

16 by MetalistPunk »»
Mar 13, 2021 11:41 AM

Sticky: » ALL MEMBER ... Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KaminaKai - Oct 10, 2008

931 by OtakumiReviews »»
Mar 6, 2016 8:05 AM

Sticky: » Your opinion matters! Ways to improve this club! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KaminaKai - Oct 18, 2008

369 by WAniMeZ »»
May 13, 2015 7:00 AM

» Fav quotes from anime/manga.

Roncha - Feb 7, 2009

22 by Midori-tan »»
Jan 31, 2014 2:02 PM

» Riddles and Brain Teasers ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Saitoe - Oct 21, 2008

273 by makitokun »»
Mar 23, 2013 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.