Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2007 9:07 AM
Sep 2007
Are you for or against this couple? I dislike cagalli! She hurts athrun's feelings
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 23, 2007 10:12 PM

Aug 2007
For I guess, she did that just because she thought that was the best choice and considering Athrun character he would understand. So I don't really see a big issue there.
And beside that there's nothing better around anyway :P
(even if I don't like Kira he's a better match for Lacus than Athrun)
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Oct 4, 2007 9:07 PM
Aug 2007
I agree. Both of them need to be more aware of the others feelings I think. Despite that, their my favourite couple. ^_^
Jan 16, 2008 4:24 PM
Jan 2008
Meyrin-Chan said:
Are you for or against this couple? I dislike cagalli! She hurts athrun's feelings

Athrun is the one who leave her, Cagalli loves Cagalli with all her heart, she never hurted Athrun's feelings...she was weak and he knows that, since he lets her a ring, to keep her near of him...it was simply not suffisant, Cagalli was victi of an entire governement =)

Athrun is still in love with her so...AsuCaga !
Feb 19, 2008 6:19 AM
Sep 2007
I think this pairing is good, but it doesn´t beat Athrun/Shinn.
Feb 19, 2008 5:41 PM

Jan 2008
I might have supported them in SEED, when I liked Cagalli, but not after she completely disappointed me in Destiny >:(

Feb 24, 2008 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
Ofcource they belong together. Who would forget how they met? They fell in love at the first sight. I would have liked to see them walking together at the end of the destiny, but why oh why was Athrun walking with Meyrin. I was so sad :´(

Feb 24, 2008 11:24 AM

Sep 2007
I love Athrun/Kira myself... but pairing him with Kira's twin sister is just as well ;D

No really, Athrun and Cagalli are cute together and balance each other out. I can't think of anyone Athrun would fit better with (the UST with Kira throughout the entire show doesn't count here).
Jun 9, 2008 2:52 PM

May 2008
i am really against this couple! it was just oki in seed! but in destiny she become emotional! now athrun should be with meyrin hawke~! cagalli does`t were the ring anymore! proven point!
Jun 17, 2008 11:05 AM

Sep 2007
They were ok till Destiny where she sat around doing nothing for 35 episodes then showed up at a battle field where Athrun was making a difference and doing more good then she and Kira were and started crying. Resulting in "Oh nooo Athrun stop your making Calgalli cry"

...... *head slams on table*

Athrun/Sinn all the way.
Aug 6, 2008 2:08 PM

Mar 2008
I like the pairing but there's something odd about it. Like there no serious love between them O.o
Sep 14, 2008 1:47 AM

Apr 2008
I'm totally for Athrun and Cagalli. I love them together. They are meant for each other. Cagalli relied heavily on Athrun for 2 years after her father's death. When she was suddenly cut off from him and her brother, she got very confused and listened to Yuna. Luckily, Kira rescued her before she went too far and she realized what she had done and tried hard to figure out what to do next. By the end of the series, she was a strong woman again. She understands that Athrun just needs some time but their paths will cross again as they are fated to be together.

Lucy_90 said:
I would have liked to see them walking together at the end of the destiny, but why oh why was Athrun walking with Meyrin. I was so sad :´(

I guess you haven't seen the alternate version of Destiny's ending then? Meiyrin is walking with Athrun at the end of Destiny because Cagalli asked her to watch over him for a while. Cagalli knew that Meiyrin was attracted to Athrun but Athrun pays Meiyrin no attention. They do make up in the alternate version although it's not clear whether their relationship will continue or not. I guess that's to be resolved in the movie.
duotroubleSep 14, 2008 1:51 AM
Sep 17, 2008 10:38 AM

Sep 2008
I absolutely love Athrun/Cagalli.

Athrun wasn't walking with Meyrin. Meyrin was just walking behind him.
In Destiny OVA Shinn, Athrun and Kira meet Lacus. Shinn and Kira are wearing ZAFT uniform, but Athrun is wearing ORB uniform, which means that he has come back to Cagalli.
And Meyrin was always like a sister to Athrun.
Oct 6, 2008 2:25 AM

Apr 2008
missing-nin said:
Athrun wasn't walking with Meyrin. Meyrin was just walking behind him.

I am so not siding with Meiyrin but in the Japanese culture that's where the woman walks even when they are a couple. >.<

Athrun & Cagalli forever! ^.^
Oct 7, 2008 12:29 PM

Oct 2008
I don't like this pairing much because I never thought they fit very well together. I liked Athrun x Lunamaria but she likes Shinn now :(
Oct 26, 2008 6:38 AM

Jul 2008
duotrouble said:
I'm totally for Athrun and Cagalli. I love them together. They are meant for each other. Cagalli relied heavily on Athrun for 2 years after her father's death. When she was suddenly cut off from him and her brother, she got very confused and listened to Yuna. Luckily, Kira rescued her before she went too far and she realized what she had done and tried hard to figure out what to do next. By the end of the series, she was a strong woman again. She understands that Athrun just needs some time but their paths will cross again as they are fated to be together.

Lucy_90 said:
I would have liked to see them walking together at the end of the destiny, but why oh why was Athrun walking with Meyrin. I was so sad :´(

I guess you haven't seen the alternate version of Destiny's ending then? Meiyrin is walking with Athrun at the end of Destiny because Cagalli asked her to watch over him for a while. Cagalli knew that Meiyrin was attracted to Athrun but Athrun pays Meiyrin no attention. They do make up in the alternate version although it's not clear whether their relationship will continue or not. I guess that's to be resolved in the movie.

Totally agree.
Oct 30, 2008 10:44 AM

Sep 2008
duotrouble said:

I am so not siding with Meiyrin but in the Japanese culture that's where the woman walks even when they are a couple. >.<

Meyrin just hadn't any other choice! Since Lunamaria was with Shinn and Lacus walked away with Kira... And it seemed like Athrun didn't even notice the girl behind him.
Oct 30, 2008 1:00 PM

Feb 2008
I have read the oppinions of you guys and I have to admit that I was overreacting when I first thought that Athrun had chosen Meyrin...

When I watched the ending of the ova again I noticed the same fact which some of you have already said: Athrun was walking with Meyrin at the end of the ova but it didn't mean that they were a couple.

I really hope that the movie will tell us what the situation really is so we wouldn't have to fight over this xD

Nov 14, 2008 5:50 AM
Jan 2008
CD drama 5 : Athrun: Meyrin ? Oh she is like a little sister to me.

I think this pout a end to this Myeirn/Athrun nonsense. They are cute as a duet, but they aren't a couple, like a lot of duet.
And Athrun was too the only guy, in the final plus, who wasn't smiling while leaving with meyrin behind :P
Now I'm not worry about Athrun/cagalli but I want to see a resolution. If in the movie theyr are suddenly all lovey dovey just like in the start of destiny, I'll be really pissed off. They showed their couple while "breaking" and not while returning together, explaining each other ?

No nonsense sunrise, please -_-
Dec 14, 2008 3:02 AM

Feb 2008
Well, I'm more AthrunXLacus fan ^^
I mean, come on, you can't find more unreal, forced from the plot and freakin' annoying couple than Lacus and Kira. They ended up together because the story needed it and nothing more. ><
Athrun and Cagalli were without doubt the best couple in SEED, but after Destiny I don't think that they should end up together anymore. They both have changed and - no matter what the most of the fans want - they can't turn back just like that (well, that's if the series had a director who has the guts to do something (and to do it properly) that is good and realistic for the characters, not for the fangirls).
And so - I'm AthrunXLacus fan - they are just sooo made to be together <33 I doubt that I'll change my mind even if Lacus stays with Kira (the most annoying couple ever, really) and Athrun with somebody else. Well, if in GS3 Fukada show us another realistic couple, then maybe... But after Destiny I really doubt it. ><
Jan 9, 2009 7:10 PM

Apr 2008
Lolipopo said:
CD drama 5 : Athrun: Meyrin ? Oh she is like a little sister to me.

I think this pout a end to this Myeirn/Athrun nonsense. They are cute as a duet, but they aren't a couple, like a lot of duet.
And Athrun was too the only guy, in the final plus, who wasn't smiling while leaving with meyrin behind :P

Oh, where did you find CD5? Is it available to read transcripts online somewhere?

You know, I never noticed he wasn't smiling. WOW! The things you see after watching it like a dozen times. ^.~
Mar 22, 2009 4:56 PM
Mar 2009
Cagalli and Athrun is alot better then Meyrin and Athrun. Athrun doesn't care about Meyrin, he just puts up with it. I think Cagalli broke up with Athrun, because she got a whole country to manage after a war. I don't think Athrun ever loved Meyrin.
Mar 30, 2009 8:17 PM

Oct 2008
i'm for
i love athrun and cagalli
they're the only couple beside mu and murrue that are lovy dovy
i like kira and lacus too but they never even kiss
athrun and cagalli were the best couple on the show
they had some many great moments together
and cagalli isn't trying to hurt athrun
she's trying the best she can for her country and trying not to be selfish
besides it really wouldn't be possible for meyrin to hurt athrun because they're not close like athrun and cagalli
and cagalli was hurt by athrun too when he rejoined zaft
couples have fights and hurt each other sometimes that doesn't mean they don't belong together
but thenumber 1 reason to be for them is he still loves her and she loves him
he joined the orb military and he hugs her in the ova before he goes off into battle with zaft

i really hate the athrun and meyrin pairing
it makes no sense
they're just a really random couple that just got put together for one reason only
she helped him escape
but before that they weren't even friends
they never even talked until the show was almost over
putting them together is kind of like lacus being put with dearka or mu
Mijoo-ChanMar 30, 2009 8:27 PM
Apr 4, 2009 8:15 AM
Mar 2009
I just realized something, I think I know why Sunrise paried Cagalli with Athrun in the first place. Athrun and Kira are close friends right?, if Athrun went with Lacus they will just be close friends. Sunrise paired Athrun with Cagalli, because Cagalli is Kira's sister so Athrun will be Kira's brother-in-law if Athrun married Cagalli ( which he almost did ). Anyways, I think Athrun and Cagalli are the best couple in Gundam SEED/Destiny ( not for the reason I listed above ), because they are the only actually serious couple, Kira and Lacus are not close enough. Athrun even gave Cagalli a ring.
May 11, 2009 8:49 AM
Apr 2009
This is what I think about Athrun x Cagalli !!!

1. First of all, If you look at all of the "official" art in the openings, endings etc of all Gundam Seed series/movies/special editions... they make a POINT to focus on the four characters, and it's always Kira x Lacus and Athrun x Cagalli. Even in the last opening in Final Plus OVA Athrun x Cagalli are moving towards eachother in the foreground of Lacus x Kira, and as they move closer their hands touch. The only scene with Meyrin beside Athrun is in his little "Athrun + Harem of Women" scene :P and he is looking back towards Cagalli.

2. In the last few episodes, Cagalli takes off Athrun's ring, and he notices during a speech to the crew of the Archangel. He lets Cagalli pass by without speaking to him and Kira + Lacus look concerned, Kira approaches him, but he says something along the lines that: They don't need to rush things, because their dreams are the same. I believe Atrhun is saying that there are things they both have to do right then, she has to support her country and work to save in from behind the lines, while Athrun has a battle ahead that he must fight. But he doesn't seem worried in the least, because he knows that they will fix things in the end. Their dreams are the same, therefore it's leading them towards the same future.

3. THE HUG!! - see Final Plus OVA. He basically grabs her and pulls her to him. She looks nervous at first but then relaxes into the hug.

4. People (including myself at first) made a big deal about Athrun walking away with Meyrin at the end of the Final Plus OVA. But really... where was she supposed to go? Shinn and Luna probably had things they wanted to do together, she doesn't know Kira & Laucs that well. She might as well go with Athrun. Who seriously... if you look at his face, seems to be in one of his little mood swings lol. He doesn't seem to even notice her there.

5. If you think about it, Athrun is a pretty forward guy when he likes someone. When he liked Cagalli in SEED he did all kinds of things to show his affection (ie. hugging her, kissing her, dragging her out of rooms, pointing a gun at her... ok ignore the last one hehe.) when Cagalli was around, he would always notice. He was aware of her, and he showed how he felt. Athrun doesn't show any such attention to Meyrin. Sure he's nice to her, and she goes places with him but... i believe they have a platonic relationship (at least from his side).

6. In the end of GSD Special Edition, it shows Athrun, Kira, and Shinn (+ Meyrin + Lunamaria) at the PLANTS. Kira is a commander in Zaft now, and yet... Athrun seems to have been promoted to Admiral in ORB (2 white stripes 2 green stripes on his uniform and a yellow band around the cuff)
Now... I've heard people argue that Athrun could still be in ORB and be with Meyrin, and not Cagalli, but really... when you think about it. That makes no sense. Athrun left ZAFT because he no longer believed in what it stood for, so he went to ORB where he agreed with Cagalli, Kira, Lacus. et all. But now, Lacus is clearly part of the counsel (if not chairwoman? *not confirmed*), and Kira is fairly high in the military. If he *WAS* with Meyrin... that would mean that his best friend Kira, Lacus (A person who is important to him), and his "girlfriend" Meyrin would all be at ZAFT. I really.. really... doubt that Athrun cares THAT much about ORB politics to stay there just for the hell of it while everyone else returned to the PLANTS and to ZAFT. I think it's obvious that he stayed in ORB and with the military because he returned to Cagalli, and wanted to protect her still, and protect what she believes in.

PHEW!! That is all. :)
Aug 14, 2009 6:03 PM

Mar 2008
RubyRedRabbit said:
This is what I think about Athrun x Cagalli !!!

1. First of all, If you look at all of the "official" art in the openings, endings etc of all Gundam Seed series/movies/special editions... they make a POINT to focus on the four characters, and it's always Kira x Lacus and Athrun x Cagalli. Even in the last opening in Final Plus OVA Athrun x Cagalli are moving towards eachother in the foreground of Lacus x Kira, and as they move closer their hands touch. The only scene with Meyrin beside Athrun is in his little "Athrun + Harem of Women" scene :P and he is looking back towards Cagalli.

2. In the last few episodes, Cagalli takes off Athrun's ring, and he notices during a speech to the crew of the Archangel. He lets Cagalli pass by without speaking to him and Kira + Lacus look concerned, Kira approaches him, but he says something along the lines that: They don't need to rush things, because their dreams are the same. I believe Atrhun is saying that there are things they both have to do right then, she has to support her country and work to save in from behind the lines, while Athrun has a battle ahead that he must fight. But he doesn't seem worried in the least, because he knows that they will fix things in the end. Their dreams are the same, therefore it's leading them towards the same future.

3. THE HUG!! - see Final Plus OVA. He basically grabs her and pulls her to him. She looks nervous at first but then relaxes into the hug.

4. People (including myself at first) made a big deal about Athrun walking away with Meyrin at the end of the Final Plus OVA. But really... where was she supposed to go? Shinn and Luna probably had things they wanted to do together, she doesn't know Kira & Laucs that well. She might as well go with Athrun. Who seriously... if you look at his face, seems to be in one of his little mood swings lol. He doesn't seem to even notice her there.

5. If you think about it, Athrun is a pretty forward guy when he likes someone. When he liked Cagalli in SEED he did all kinds of things to show his affection (ie. hugging her, kissing her, dragging her out of rooms, pointing a gun at her... ok ignore the last one hehe.) when Cagalli was around, he would always notice. He was aware of her, and he showed how he felt. Athrun doesn't show any such attention to Meyrin. Sure he's nice to her, and she goes places with him but... i believe they have a platonic relationship (at least from his side).

6. In the end of GSD Special Edition, it shows Athrun, Kira, and Shinn (+ Meyrin + Lunamaria) at the PLANTS. Kira is a commander in Zaft now, and yet... Athrun seems to have been promoted to Admiral in ORB (2 white stripes 2 green stripes on his uniform and a yellow band around the cuff)
Now... I've heard people argue that Athrun could still be in ORB and be with Meyrin, and not Cagalli, but really... when you think about it. That makes no sense. Athrun left ZAFT because he no longer believed in what it stood for, so he went to ORB where he agreed with Cagalli, Kira, Lacus. et all. But now, Lacus is clearly part of the counsel (if not chairwoman? *not confirmed*), and Kira is fairly high in the military. If he *WAS* with Meyrin... that would mean that his best friend Kira, Lacus (A person who is important to him), and his "girlfriend" Meyrin would all be at ZAFT. I really.. really... doubt that Athrun cares THAT much about ORB politics to stay there just for the hell of it while everyone else returned to the PLANTS and to ZAFT. I think it's obvious that he stayed in ORB and with the military because he returned to Cagalli, and wanted to protect her still, and protect what she believes in.

PHEW!! That is all. :)

I LOVE YOUR THOROUGH INFORMATION : 3
I'm also an AsuCaga fan >w<
&& I'm too lazy to explain because, if I do, it'll last longer than yours.
Probably. LOL. So, I vote for your reply and quoted it as "stolen response" as well.
Hope you don't mind ; D
LOL. xD
Nov 7, 2009 8:55 PM

Oct 2009
I ike athrunxcagalli too !
She's the best for athrun and he's the best for cagalli i thought.
Since Gundam SEED they are couple.
Apr 6, 2010 1:47 PM
Jan 2010
Seed: AthrunxCagalli
Seed Destiny: AthrunxMeyrin

thats it
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favourite mobile suit of Athrun's

Stealthheart - Oct 4, 2007

10 by Haru-Date »»
Aug 17, 2012 3:35 AM

» Club banners

Lucy_90 - Jun 23, 2008

24 by gundam_girl_16 »»
Oct 24, 2009 5:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.