Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 18, 2008 6:22 PM

Mar 2008
How can we improve this club for its members? As part of the group, you can voice your opinion and we (the admins) will seriously take them into consideration!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2008 2:23 AM

Jul 2008
I want to voice out something and I am not mad or whatsoever but the thread I made (where members are supposed to share their problems) is suppose to be a thread where members should post something serious. Meaning if a member is in any way having problems with anything (e.g. assignments, personal problems) then they can post in that thread. If a member does not have any problems or if they don't feel like sharing their problems then they have to post there. I know... I can take some jokes but I don't want my thread to be filled with spam. If any member does have a problem and he or she feels like sharing it then by all means they can post in the thread (much like how Midori-chan posted her problems about her assignment). Now, do not get me wrong and I am not mad or anything. Just want to voice out as an admin.

*putting that aside*

How about claiming a member? XD XD XD

*jokes aside*

I think this club is okay but we can improve on it by holding up some events. Now since I have not formed any events before... I am not too sure what to suggest. I have discussed this with Natsuki-chan via. PM but I am not too sure whether it will be alright to hold such an event here (the event in question will be a contest).
Oct 20, 2008 9:53 AM

Mar 2008
...I feel left out ;(... what's this contest about?

as for the problem thread... I see what you are getting at, but it seems like most people just like to have fun in the forum (and forget about their problems?)... maybe we can give the thread another go (start a new one?)

claiming a member... make sure there isn't a club like this anywhere in MAL... if that's the case, I will apply for membership to the United Federation of Claim Clubs (U.F.C.C.) for approval... if that is okay, then you can start claiming XD... but MAKE SURE there isn't such a club first
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2008 9:57 AM

Jun 2008
Don't feel left out :D
We discussed it a while ago, cause I wasn't too sure on what event should this club hold...
And I PMd you as well if you remember, kaminakun ;)

So, beside the claim idea, maybe some of the other members have an idea on what they would like to be held in this club?
I'll think about it and post something later...
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 20, 2008 10:02 AM

Jul 2008
Well... Midori-chan herself was not able to find such club :(

That was actually meant as a joke but are you serious about starting it? Midori-chan and I will continue searching though (we have wanted to claim each other since a long time ago XD)
Oct 20, 2008 5:46 PM
Nov 2007
idk some contests would be nice or something like dat
Oct 20, 2008 5:59 PM

Jul 2008
It would be something like the "Cutest Character Contest" or something like that :D
Oct 20, 2008 6:02 PM

Jul 2008
I have two ideas, but I don't know if they will help any

Idea 1: we could post links to the club in the introductions section when we welcome new MAL members. I think it would help to increase the club's size.

Idea 2: we could do something like post a Picture of your self just for club members. to help get to know each other better. ( I know there is a thread like this already, but I don't remember where.)

New Idea Team contests

Oct 20, 2008 6:08 PM

Jul 2008
@onyx02: I like your second idea because I have been thinking about it myself. But then again we have members who a don't feel comfortable posting their photos up on the internet. But still we can make such a thread as soon as kaminakun approves it :)
Oct 20, 2008 6:13 PM

May 2008
I'm not too crazy about posting pictures of ourselves, 'cause we're on the internet here, not real life. There are dangers with posting any information about yourself that's too personal (like full name, phone number, etc.), and since we get some pretty young members on here, there will probably be a bunch of people who haven't heard of what can happen if you get too familiar with a cyber buddy. :\

A girl at my school gave her MySpace friend her phone number, and the guy stalked her for like six months before she called the police. Another girl I knew gave a guy her email address, and, using that, the guy found her IP adress.. and that means he got her address, location, etc. etc... It's kind of scary. So, I'm against that.

Anyhoo, there are already quite a few claim a member clubs... in fact, there are "Claim a member" (done like 5 times +), "Marry a member", "Throw object at member," etc. Claiming is a good idea, because people go nuts for that, but make sure that you don't copy any ideas, because then some people are gonna start flaming usss. Dx

Contests are a good idea. I was thinking that we could have a recommendation thread, too, where people would say stuff like, "I want an anime/manga with lots of action, gore, and romance too". Someone else would reply, "Oh, easy, go for Code Geass, Elfen Lied, and Basilisk". Or something. xDDD

Oct 20, 2008 6:45 PM

Jul 2008
ASHGARY said:
I'm not too crazy about posting pictures of ourselves, 'cause we're on the internet here, not real life. There are dangers with posting any information about yourself that's too personal (like full name, phone number, etc.), and since we get some pretty young members on here, there will probably be a bunch of people who haven't heard of what can happen if you get too familiar with a cyber buddy. :

A girl at my school gave her MySpace friend her phone number, and the guy stalked her for like six months before she called the police. Another girl I knew gave a guy her email address, and, using that, the guy found her IP adress.. and that means he got her address, location, etc. etc... It's kind of scary. So, I'm against that.

True very true, there are a lot of dangers.
Oct 20, 2008 6:58 PM

Mar 2008
akane-soir86 said:
@onyx02: ...But still we can make such a thread as soon as kaminakun approves it :)

it is obvious that akane and a few of the admins are more active than me (keeping the club running and all... everyone should really thank them for their hard work), it is only fair for the admins to at least have the power to make such threads stated above without my approval (just let me know sometime when it is made)

... but if anyone (especially the admins) feel that might somehow not be good for the club (afraid of future admins abusing power or something), then we can make a rule stating that the approval of at least 3 admins are needed to make a "club-impacting decision" (or something like that ><)

I agree with ASHGARY about the pictures... POST PIC AT YOUR OWN RISK!

As for the claim clubs... like I said, if anyone can find a similar club already in MAL (give us the link if you find it), then we'll scrap the idea (or think of something better)
Oct 20, 2008 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
Well... I did say that some members are uncomfortable about posting their pics on the internet right? But we do have "post your photo" threads in other forums that I have been too such as AQS (Aquastar Anime Forums) and all the members there post their photos as they please. But I agree that there are safety precautions to be taken if we want to do so.

@kaminakun: Sorry... but that was out of respect since you are the one who created this club so I need your approval about on it. But as to seeing that most members here don't feel to comfortable about it (and therefore, I am sorry about that) then I guess it should need some kind of approval before it can be done. Don't get me wrong, kaminakun... I can handle my job pretty well but I feel that I need to ask you a few things since I respect you as the creator of the club and its you who determine who the admins are.
Oct 20, 2008 7:54 PM

Mar 2008
Thanks akane, I am "beyond honoured" as Obama puts it a few days ago. When I first created this club (and I still feel the same way), I wish to be equal with everybody (at least with the admins... call me a communist if you will, but I tend to think that way... at least online XD )

I see where you are getting at, so we'll leave the discussion at that for now... as for the approval, the quickest method is to PM me directly :D

and of course, I approve the thread mentioned above!
Oct 20, 2008 8:59 PM

Jul 2008
Well... we are just posting our photos and not giving out any personal information about ourselves so I think it should be safe. I understand since I myself would not give out my e-mail address to anyone on the internet and even if its a close friend of mine that I met online I would think twice - maybe trice - before giving that guy my address. And even that should be someone who I really trust alot. Believe me, I never gave out my e-mail address to anyone before, safe for few buddies who happen to add me onto MSN. Even my precious Midori-chan had consulted me on whether it is safe or not to give out her e-mail address to someone who she does not even know. Well... we are just posting photos so that should be okay. But if any member don't feel like doing so then they don't have to do it.

Heh... you're welcomed, kaminakun :)
Oct 21, 2008 8:55 AM

Jun 2008
People will put pics on their own risk, so that's ok.
We'll just see how many brave members are out there :)
(me not brave for example)

Now as for events.. you mentioned some contents?
What exactly did you have in mind?

And I gotta ask something else... what do you think about logical riddles?
I have 3-4, and maybe some members have more...
we can create a topic and post them there, so people can solve it :D
This is just an idea, cause I love solving problems, riddles and stuff :D
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 21, 2008 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:

i like the idea of riddles/brainteasers

Oct 21, 2008 6:39 PM

Mar 2008
saitoXhenrietta said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:

i like the idea of riddles/brainteasers

I love them (though my brain is already hurting without without them ;D)

feel free to make a board about it (is it gonna be daily riddle? )
Oct 21, 2008 9:58 PM

Jul 2008
Well apparently... Saito already made the thread and it looks fun! ;)
Oct 22, 2008 4:39 AM

Jun 2008
Well I wanted to make it myself, only I was waiting for the other people's opinion, but since saito is the one who opened up the topic, I'll leave it to him then....
Oct 22, 2008 5:36 AM

Mar 2008
you can always come up with something else ;D I am sure it won't be easy, but give it a try whenever you have time XD
Oct 22, 2008 6:32 AM

Jun 2008
I know :D
All it matters is the club and that people have fun in it, so that's why I don't mind ;)
Oct 22, 2008 9:48 AM

Apr 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
Well I wanted to make it myself, only I was waiting for the other people's opinion, but since saito is the one who opened up the topic, I'll leave it to him then....

gomen gomen... but yea, it should be fun ^.^

Oct 22, 2008 5:51 PM

Jul 2008
Having fun is what the MAL Members Socializing Club is all about :)
Oct 26, 2008 6:15 AM

May 2008
Contests... well, anything really goes here.

Like, for example, a vote on the season's best anime, or a vote on the best genre of music or something liek zat. :P

Or, it could be something like, "Show us you art!" where people display pictures they drew, and we vote on which one we like the most. Or something XD

Oct 26, 2008 5:29 PM

Jun 2008
I also think we should put contests in the picture :D

How about I open a topic for drawings?
People can post their drawings there, and other members can vote on it...
But need to think up rules for the contest :D

Or should we start with something else?
I'd like to hear more opinions on this before starting anything...
to see the opinion of majority :D
Oct 26, 2008 5:34 PM

Jul 2008
@ASHGARY: I love your suggestions! ^__^

I know of a few members who are actually talented in drawing and we can have a contest based on that ^__^
Oct 26, 2008 5:42 PM

Jun 2008
akane-soir86 said:
@ASHGARY: I love your suggestions! ^__^

I know of a few members who are actually talented in drawing and we can have a contest based on that ^__^

Ok so support from akane-chan then :DDD

Anyone else?
Oct 26, 2008 5:51 PM

Jul 2008
@natsuki-chan-bg: BTW... I saw some of your artworks in your deviantART profile and I have to say they are awesome! :D
Oct 26, 2008 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
akane-soir86 said:
@natsuki-chan-bg: BTW... I saw some of your artworks in your deviantART profile and I have to say they are awesome! :D

Ha ha, maybe I should be a contestant then :D
Oct 26, 2008 6:21 PM

Jul 2008
@natsuki-chan-bg: Seeing that you have such great talent then you should, my friend :3
Oct 26, 2008 6:25 PM

Apr 2008
akane-soir86 said:

took a look myself and liked what i saw...

Oct 26, 2008 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
See? I told you her drawings are awesome and win! :D
Oct 27, 2008 3:14 AM

Jun 2008
Thanks, you two :D

But I still wanna see what people think of opening up a drawing contest topic ;)
Or maybe some other kind of contest...
I call it "market research" lol lol!
Oct 27, 2008 6:49 AM

Jul 2008
An art contest is a great idea, in my opinion ^__^

But as you said, Natsuki-chan, we need more people to give their opinion on an art contest and see who are willing and able to become a contestant ;)
Oct 27, 2008 8:35 AM

Aug 2007
I'd love to join in, even though I've got a long ways to go when it comes to drawing =D
Oct 27, 2008 9:57 AM

Jun 2008
Llama_Guy said:
I'd love to join in, even though I've got a long ways to go when it comes to drawing =D

oki, one more contestant then :D
Oct 27, 2008 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
I love drawing too, but I'm much better at designing monsters than drawing anime characters... :<
Oct 27, 2008 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
how about a thread where people can post questions about MAL-related things, like how to use BBC code, or how to make userbars/banners etc?

Oct 27, 2008 11:54 AM

Aug 2007
saitoXhenrietta said:
how about a thread where people can post questions about MAL-related things, like how to use BBC code, or how to make userbars/banners etc?
They do provide BBCode help; when you're posting a message, there's a link named BBCode next to the 'cancel' option ;)
Oct 27, 2008 12:58 PM

Jun 2008
akane-soir86 said:
I love drawing too, but I'm much better at designing monsters than drawing anime characters... :<

Well that's good too, even if it's not related :D
I'd love to see some of your works XD
Oct 27, 2008 1:16 PM

Apr 2008
Llama_Guy said:
saitoXhenrietta said:
They do provide BBCode help; when you're posting a message, there's a link named BBCode next to the 'cancel' option ;)

well, i knew about the bbc help, but there's vot much in the way of banners and userbars... i was mostly using bbc as an example

Oct 27, 2008 1:38 PM

Aug 2007
saitoXhenrietta said:
Llama_Guy said:
saitoXhenrietta said:

well, i knew about the bbc help, but there's vot much in the way of banners and userbars... i was mostly using bbc as an example
Okay =P Userbars and banners aren't necessarily MAL stuff as much as internet stuff, but the idea of a 'help' thread of sorts sounds good.
Oct 27, 2008 7:32 PM

Jul 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:

Well... I will upload them soon enough to show you ;)
Oct 27, 2008 7:49 PM

Jun 2008
akane-soir86 said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:

Well... I will upload them soon enough to show you ;)

Oki then XD

Soooo.... need more feedback from the members here :D
What contests do you guys want? Drawing or anything else?
Oct 27, 2008 7:53 PM

Jul 2008
Yes, anymore suggestions? Members? Anymore suggestions? :D
Oct 29, 2008 4:31 PM

Apr 2008
maybe something related to fanfiction? I just started publishing fanfiction a few weeks ago, and it would be cool if there were other people here who write FFs

Oct 29, 2008 5:18 PM

Jun 2008
saitoXhenrietta said:
maybe something related to fanfiction? I just started publishing fanfiction a few weeks ago, and it would be cool if there were other people here who write FFs

As for fanfiction, maybe we can start a group fanfic :)
Oct 30, 2008 3:28 AM

Jul 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
As for fanfiction, maybe we can start a group fanfic :)

I agree! ^__^

Much like what we did in Natsuki's Shrine :D
Oct 30, 2008 8:23 AM

Aug 2007
saitoXhenrietta said:
I used to write fanfics... but like so many other of my hobbies, it's just faded into the background =P

I'd love some kind of writing contest, though (like, make a short story based on a set premise/theme).
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone here practice martial arts or other fighting techniques?

HateYouFool2 - Aug 7, 2009

16 by MetalistPunk »»
Mar 13, 2021 11:41 AM

Sticky: » ALL MEMBER ... Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KaminaKai - Oct 10, 2008

931 by OtakumiReviews »»
Mar 6, 2016 8:05 AM

» Fav quotes from anime/manga.

Roncha - Feb 7, 2009

22 by Midori-tan »»
Jan 31, 2014 2:02 PM

» Riddles and Brain Teasers ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Saitoe - Oct 21, 2008

273 by makitokun »»
Mar 23, 2013 4:07 AM

» Are we neighbours? ( 1 2 3 )

KaminaKai - Oct 13, 2008

128 by Lyyzee »»
Mar 17, 2013 7:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.