Oct 21, 2008 7:45 PM

Apr 2008
We'll start out easy.

I am always hungry.
I must always be fed.
The finger I lick
Will soon turn red.
What am I?

How about whoever gets it right can ask their own, or defer to somebody else if they want to

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2008 5:36 AM

Mar 2008
hum... vampire bat?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2008 5:39 AM

Dec 2007
kentucky friend chicken ..NO..?

emmemm emm..

Oct 22, 2008 5:43 AM

Oct 2008
one of thos things that you poke urself in the finger w/ and test ur blood sugar?
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
Oct 22, 2008 7:26 AM

Apr 2008
no

Oct 22, 2008 9:35 AM

Mar 2008
any hints? (living thing/ object/ ???)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2008 9:36 AM

Apr 2008
kaminakun said:
any hints? (living thing/ object/ ???)

non-living

Oct 22, 2008 9:53 AM

Mar 2008
kaylalovesandrew said:
one of thos things that you poke urself in the finger w/ and test ur blood sugar?

i would have said the samething....
Oct 22, 2008 1:41 PM

Mar 2008
is it a leech?

Oct 22, 2008 2:06 PM

Apr 2008
Lil_Neko said:
is it a leech?

no it's nonliving

cmon... it's a riddle~ think outside the box =P

Oct 22, 2008 2:25 PM

Dec 2007
Fire, obviously. If it doesn't get 'fed', it will die out and if you touch it your finger will get burned.
Oct 22, 2008 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
Gurenn said:
Fire, obviously. If it doesn't get 'fed', it will die out and if you touch it your finger will get burned.

yay!

your turn, gurenn. post a riddle/brainteaser if you wanna

Oct 22, 2008 3:43 PM

Jun 2008
Nice, Gurren :D
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 22, 2008 5:54 PM

Jul 2008
Hurray for Gurenn! :D
Oct 22, 2008 9:32 PM

Mar 2008
your finger will turn red from it? damn....
Oct 23, 2008 10:41 AM

Dec 2007
Four men were in a boat on the lake. The boat turns over, and all four men sink to the bottom of the lake, yet not a single man got wet! Why?
Oct 23, 2008 11:33 AM

Aug 2007
I'm gonna be audacious and say it's because they're all married men.
Oct 23, 2008 11:42 AM

Dec 2007
Oct 23, 2008 11:56 AM

Mar 2008
..."single" man... LOL I never thought of that
gratz Llama ;D

you gonna make up the next one?
Oct 23, 2008 12:01 PM

Apr 2008
Llama_Guy said:

wow that's good... sigh...
i was going to say something stupid, like the lake is dry

Oct 23, 2008 12:05 PM

Aug 2007
Okay... here goes!

I want to send an object to my friend securely. I have a box which can be fitted with multiple locks, and I have many locks, with their corresponding keys. However, my friend does not have any keys for my locks, and a key sent in a separate unlocked box can be copied en route. How can I send the object securely?
Oct 23, 2008 12:07 PM

Aug 2007
saitoXhenrietta said:
Llama_Guy said:

wow that's good... sigh...
i was going to say something stupid, like the lake is dry
I did at first think that they were in a submarine =P However, since the men themselves sunk to the bottom of the lake, that couldn't be entirely correct =P So I decided to think of any alternate meanings of wet, and well, the rest is obvious.
Oct 23, 2008 2:01 PM

Apr 2008
Llama_Guy said:
Okay... here goes!

I want to send an object to my friend securely. I have a box which can be fitted with multiple locks, and I have many locks, with their corresponding keys. However, my friend does not have any keys for my locks, and a key sent in a separate unlocked box can be copied en route. How can I send the object securely?

is this a trick question or a logic question?

because by keys, you could mean combination keys, which changes the question entirely (ie put on a combination lock and tell your friend the combination via telephone/email

Oct 23, 2008 2:13 PM

Jun 2008
Ok you put the object in the secure box, lock it with all your locks and send it to your friend.
Then you send the keys in the non-secure box, and he can unlock it when it's delivered.
(you send the object first, then later the keys, not at the same time)

And if anyone copies the keys, what does it matter, cause the object has already reached your friend?
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 23, 2008 2:22 PM

Apr 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
Ok you put the object in the secure box, lock it with all your locks and send it to your friend.
Then you send the keys in the non-secure box, and he can unlock it when it's delivered.

And if anyone copies the keys, what does it matter, cause the object has already reached your friend?

hmm... you sounded significantly smarter than i did ^_^

Oct 23, 2008 2:27 PM

Jun 2008
saitoXhenrietta said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:

hmm... you sounded significantly smarter than i did ^_^

Hehehehe, and it's probably not correct (me, a blone lol lol lol)....
Oct 23, 2008 6:26 PM

Mar 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:

I was confused by the riddle...and I am also confused by the response ... lol
Oct 23, 2008 7:07 PM

Apr 2008
kaminakun said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:

I was confused by the riddle...and I am also confused by the response ... lol

The question of the riddle is how to safely deliver the object to your friend in a way that no middleman has access to the object (ie locked up until the friend opens it up. The problem is getting the keys to the locks on the box to the friend so that anybody handling the keys cannot open the box.

natsuki-chan's answer seems to work~ you can wait until you get confirmation that your friend has received the locked box before sending the keys. This works because copying and holding the keys is useless if the friend already has the object (keys can be copied, but not the secured box and its contents

Oct 24, 2008 7:23 AM

Aug 2007
natsuki-chan-bg said:

Good guess, but not the correct one.

If they can be copied en route, that means they can also be stopped en route. Which means that they might never reach your friend. And then you have a locked box and no keys to open it ;)

And by keys I do mean normal keys; the type that you put in a keyhole and turn around.
Oct 24, 2008 8:23 AM

Jun 2008
What are you sending to your friend, a national top secret lol lol lol?

Ok do you really need to send all of it?
Maybe you can send the object with all those locks, and bring the keys to your friend...
Oct 24, 2008 10:52 AM

Apr 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
What are you sending to your friend, a national top secret lol lol lol?

Ok do you really need to send all of it?
Maybe you can send the object with all those locks, and bring the keys to your friend...

well if you can bring the keys to your friend, you can bring the object to your friend just as easily ^.^

Oct 24, 2008 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
True, true.... but I still dunno what kind of riddle is it, that's why I said it.
It can be either a word play, like the first riddle here, or a logical riddle....

To be realistic, if the keys can be copied, you can always copy them dozens of times,
and keep sending them until the keys reach your friend :D
But I'm guessing that it's not the solution.....

It probably has something to do with the second box, and the order of the sending things... can't think right now, too tired lol :D
Oct 24, 2008 1:47 PM

Aug 2007
It's a logical riddle, I can say that much (brain teaser then?).
Oct 24, 2008 4:24 PM

Jun 2008
Ok I think that this is possible if your friend has locks and keys as well :D
(but not the same locks as you have lol)

He can send you the lock, you use it on your box after putting the object in it,
and send it to him locked. And he can just unlock it with his keys XD
That way, there are no keys sent non-securely, so nothing can be copied.

Can this be accepted as a solution?
Oct 24, 2008 4:57 PM

Aug 2007
That's good enough in my book. The answer I had in mind was:

You lock it with one of your locks, send it to your friend, let him put on a lock and have him send it back. You unlock your lock, send it back to him and he can unlock his lock, making the box open.
Oct 24, 2008 5:11 PM

Jun 2008
Llama_Guy said:

You lock it with one of your locks, send it to your friend, let him put on a lock and have him send it back. You unlock your lock, send it back to him and he can unlock his lock, making the box open.

Well yours is good as well :D

So do I get to ask the next riddle then lol?
Oct 24, 2008 5:13 PM

Aug 2007
I think that's how it goes =P
Oct 24, 2008 5:22 PM

Apr 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
Llama_Guy said:

Well yours is good as well :D

So do I get to ask the next riddle then lol?

Good job! ask away if you wish :D

Oct 25, 2008 2:23 AM

Jun 2008
Ok then, here's another brain teaser.

I have 2 sticks and a lighter.
Each of those sticks (when lit) burn down in exactly one hour.
Now, the problem is that they burn in a non-linear way.
That means that one half of a stick can burn in, for example 5 minutes,
and the other half in 55 minutes. Or it can be 20-40mins, I can't know that, all I know for sure is that the whole stick burns down in ah hour.

How can I find 45 minutes using these two sticks?
Oct 25, 2008 2:58 PM

Mar 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:

and the other half in 55 minutes. Or it can be 20-40mins, I can't know that, all I know for sure is that the whole stick burns down in ah hour.

this is sooooo not logical....
Oct 25, 2008 3:20 PM

Apr 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:

okay, i'll give it a try:

1) Use the lighter to burn both ends of one stick and one end of one stick
2) When the stick that's being burned on both ends is completely burned out, you know that 30 minutes is up. At this point, burn the other end of your second stick.
3) The second stick should finish burning in another 15 minutes, so in all, that was 45 minutes using two sticks
=D

Oct 25, 2008 3:47 PM

Jun 2008
saitoXhenrietta said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:

2) When the stick that's being burned on both ends is completely burned out, you know that 30 minutes is up. At this point, burn the other end of your second stick.
3) The second stick should finish burning in another 15 minutes, so in all, that was 45 minutes using two sticks
=D

Completely true :DDDDD
Your turn now!!!

p.s. what's not logical lol?
Oct 26, 2008 6:21 AM

May 2008
geez, I just found this thread now! (so late) xDD
great job on guessing the answer :D

Oct 26, 2008 7:00 AM

Jun 2008
ASHGARY said:
geez, I just found this thread now! (so late) xDD
great job on guessing the answer :D

better late then never ;D
And now we're waiting for saito's new riddle....:D
Oct 26, 2008 8:24 AM

Apr 2008
YAY!

Okay, there's an island with 1000 people. Everybody knows everybody else. Some people have blue eyes and some people have brown eyes. It is taboo for anybody to talk about eye color, and reflective surfaces (mirrors, water reflections etc) are nonexistent. You can assume that all of the people have perfect logical reasoning (can solve this riddle themselves). If anyone is able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have blue eyes, they must leave the island immediately once they have the proof at midnight of that day.

One day, a mysterious visitor announces that there is at least one blue-eyed person on the island. Describe what happens given n number of blue-eyed people.

Good Luck!
SaitoeOct 26, 2008 12:53 PM

Oct 26, 2008 9:28 AM

Jun 2008
Ok I don't understand the question very well....
I should describe what will happen if I take "n" to be the number of blue eyed people?

p.s. how can they prove the colour of the eyes if discussing eye colour is forbidden :) ?
And who must leave the island, the blue eyed people?
Oct 26, 2008 9:29 AM

Mar 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
saitoXhenrietta said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:

=D

Completely true :DDDDD
Your turn now!!!

p.s. what's not logical lol?

you stated that "Each of those sticks (when lit) burn down in exactly one hour." so it threw me thinking in the wrong direction, now when I think of it this way, it all make sense
Oct 26, 2008 9:46 AM

Jun 2008
True :D
And the non-linear thing was used so you wouldn't say "I'll just shorten the stick for 1/4 and that'll be 45 minutes" :D
Oct 26, 2008 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
Ok I don't understand the question very well....
I should describe what will happen if I take "n" to be the number of blue eyed people?

p.s. how can they prove the colour of the eyes if discussing eye colour is forbidden :) ?
And who must leave the island, the blue eyed people?

the proof is the key to the riddle

'n' is the number of blue eyed people

blue eyed people must leave the island if they have undeniable proof that they have blue eyes

Oct 26, 2008 12:08 PM

Jun 2008
Ok so I should think about how can I prove that there are "n" blue eyed people,
given the conditions here then?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone here practice martial arts or other fighting techniques?

HateYouFool2 - Aug 7, 2009

16 by MetalistPunk »»
Mar 13, 2021 11:41 AM

Sticky: » ALL MEMBER ... Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KaminaKai - Oct 10, 2008

931 by OtakumiReviews »»
Mar 6, 2016 8:05 AM

Sticky: » Your opinion matters! Ways to improve this club! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KaminaKai - Oct 18, 2008

369 by WAniMeZ »»
May 13, 2015 7:00 AM

» Fav quotes from anime/manga.

Roncha - Feb 7, 2009

22 by Midori-tan »»
Jan 31, 2014 2:02 PM

» Are we neighbours? ( 1 2 3 )

KaminaKai - Oct 13, 2008

128 by Lyyzee »»
Mar 17, 2013 7:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.