Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 8, 2013 11:17 AM

Mar 2008
Did anybody count how many of those colourful backgrounds with a face on the foreground did they use in the episode? The whole show has become so static because of that, as if there was not a single move of a camera... Very plain and boring. Simply put, the director/storyboarder just failed. Really hope the next episodes will be directed by somebody else.
Jan 8, 2013 1:24 PM

Apr 2008
Expectations were met and exceeded. This Looks better than the last season and it seemed funnier too. But that could just be because this was a Kanna episode.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jan 8, 2013 4:40 PM
Nov 2010
All the charm and laughs from the first series are present here.
Jan 8, 2013 6:33 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Ah, had some good memories with this anime (especially the first season specially). Good to see more of it.
Now I want a kotatsu. Looks comfortable.
Looking forward to seeing Hosaka. His interactions with Maki (I think her name was) were very funny...

GarLogan78 said:
Unimpressed said:
I found this episode fairly weak. The characters were't funny or charming enough to carry this otherwise unambitious show.

This story is a simple illustration of the three Minami sisters and the ordinary life they lead. Please don't expect too much from it.

That line was funny. No one can't say there were mislead by the show's premise or something...

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 8, 2013 10:17 PM

Jan 2012
minami-ke has to have the M-I-N-A-M-I-K-E chants on the OP theme and the trademarked triangle mouths. The art improved while retaining its style *cough hayate.* The new character is a nice addition to the ever interesting arsenal of side characters.

They finally introduced the Kanji of their first names!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 9, 2013 10:36 AM

Jun 2010
k11chi said:
Decent, but I prefer Kissxsis.

WHAT? Rofl.

Good episode. I missed Kana~
Jan 9, 2013 11:43 AM

Jul 2011
k11chi said:
Decent, but I prefer Kissxsis.

There is no hentai for you here.
Jan 9, 2013 12:40 PM

Nov 2008
I'm glad this is back! Hopefully we will get a lot of Tanuma and Mako-chan!
Jan 9, 2013 6:54 PM

Jul 2007
Again I was disappointed by the fact that the season wasn't done by the same studio as season 1, but what can you do :/

However, it was a very decent episode. I found myself smiling here and there.
Even though there wasn't really any Hosaka screentime, his appearances in the OP will hold me off for now lol
Jan 11, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2007
Finally I egin to watch 4th season of Minami ke. Kana as always fool and the most funny of the 3 sisters.
Jan 12, 2013 4:35 AM
womp womp

Nov 2012
I have to admit that Haruka having a tantrum is kinda cute, and, somewhat refreshing. But I would have overlooked all, well most of the things if they didn't get the art. It's the only thing I can't overlook, since I'm looking at it.

Nilvius said:
henriiez said:
I hated the first episode of the fourth season.

[... ...]

The reasons you provided are precisely why I enjoyed it. It provided depth to the characters, preventing them from staying one-dimensional, showing that they have personalities beyond their designated archetypes. It also prevented the series from making the same jokes over and over again. Or rather, they served to put slight twists to to keep the old jokes alive.

I don't see their actions as being out of character. I see it as enhancing their existing charms.
Jan 12, 2013 11:28 AM
Feb 2012
I haven't watched this show's prequels so I can't compare it properly but from what I've seen, it's a relaxing show, depicting the comedic everyday life of the three Minami sisters.

Huh, watching it in the evening really gets you sleepy...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 13, 2013 3:23 AM

Sep 2009
This show is exactly what I was expecting...the everyday life of three sisters. It's good to be back.
Jan 13, 2013 7:30 AM

Apr 2009
GuiltyKing said:
I haven't watched this show's prequels
Watch the first season. Ignore the 2nd. 3rd is decent but this 4th one is the most similar to the 1st.
Jan 13, 2013 8:07 AM
Feb 2012
Nilvius said:
GuiltyKing said:
I haven't watched this show's prequels
Watch the first season. Ignore the 2nd. 3rd is decent but this 4th one is the most similar to the 1st.

Funny that you're saying that. I was just about to ask if there's really a point in watching Minami-ke without prior knowledge of the first few seasons. Being a perfectionist I'll watch all of them, though. Still thanks for your post- just what I needed.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 13, 2013 9:31 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
GuiltyKing said:
Funny that you're saying that. I was just about to ask if there's really a point in watching Minami-ke without prior knowledge of the first few seasons. Being a perfectionist I'll watch all of them, though. Still thanks for your post- just what I needed.
for the most part, I don't think it would matter, but to understand two of the supporting characters (Makoto and Touma), who will feature front and center in the next episode of Minami-ke Tadaima, you really should at least watch the first season first.
Jan 13, 2013 3:04 PM

Apr 2009
Cratex said:
for the most part, I don't think it would matter, but to understand two of the supporting characters (Makoto and Touma), who will feature front and center in the next episode of Minami-ke Tadaima, you really should at least watch the first season first.
Well, the thing about slice-of-life series is not so much about continuity, but more on the fact that since you enjoyed a season, it would make sense to want to watch more of it anyway so...
Jan 13, 2013 3:16 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Nilvius said:
Well, the thing about slice-of-life series is not so much about continuity, but more on the fact that since you enjoyed a season, it would make sense to want to watch more of it anyway so...
True.
Jan 15, 2013 2:00 AM

Apr 2009
Nice comeback of Minami-ke!

FUJIOKA, YOU LUCKY BASTARD D:<

Jan 16, 2013 3:18 AM

Nov 2010
Glad it's back. Minami-ke seems to have improved a lot as well
I died when I saw Haruka without the Kotatsu
Jan 20, 2013 11:40 AM

Jan 2011
Great introduction episode, but I can't wait for all the others to be back, especially Hosaka.
I'm so glad that this season's animation is good compared to the previous ones.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 21, 2013 4:35 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Aaaaaaaand it's still not funny.

Who gave them the money for another season full of crap? The first season was brilliant, the second was one of the worst I've ever seen, and the third wasn't much better. What have they done to this show? Can't someone go back to season 1 and reboot that instead of funding this lame spin-off. It's nothing more than that.

Back to shows that don't make me almost fall asleep. Maybe I should rewatch season 1.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 24, 2013 12:41 PM
Nov 2012
Tadaima!..
Minami Residence..
great op..
hope this new series has a lot more comedy scene than okaeri, okawari and the 1st one..
Jan 25, 2013 2:40 AM

Jun 2008
onedaysnotice said:
Disappointed. Not even remotely as good as season 1

Minami-ke Season 1 was just pure gold, by far one of the best comedy anime I have ever seen.

I don't think it will ever be that good again.

Either way, I hope this season is better than the disaster that was Season 2!

Also.....I AM BOSS!
Apr 10, 2013 5:16 AM

Jan 2008
Enjoying it so far, loved Haruka and the Kotatsu.
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Apr 13, 2013 1:03 PM

Sep 2012
its not romance anime but i want to see Haruka to merry some1, example that dumb guy who always wanted to give her hes made food, they have sown people hook up in none romance anime's to just with out romance or minimum romance
Jun 20, 2013 3:26 PM

Feb 2013
Loved it!

Can't wait for more, but I do actually have to wait because I have to go to work.
Aug 6, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2012
Our lovely stay beatle has returned! Well a pretty decent start with the traditional Minami-ke feeling to it, so lets see what this season the story will be like!
Oct 25, 2014 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

What a pity having to skip the entire saga of Minami-ke has come to the last season, because in my country there is still, the whole saga subtitled in Italian, I hope one day to happen.
How nice to see the three sisters after so many years.
As always it is pleasant narration SOL of this anime and the characters, they quickly found my favor.
Drawings reminiscent of the Character Design of the first season, animated very well.
The colors and the props are well drawn, the same can not be said of the scenery a bit more scarce.
The opening resembles that of the first series, very funny and catchy.
I can not wait to see the next episode.
For now, my vote is 7/10!
Nov 12, 2015 10:08 AM

Sep 2014
I Really enjoyed the OP, it was good. It was a decent Episode.
Nov 12, 2015 4:00 PM

Jun 2015
Dunno what to think. The characters behaved somewhat... strange. Also, why was Chiaki's bad conscience bigger than the good one?

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jan 10, 2016 9:41 AM

Jan 2012
man her voice is boring,it makes one lazy lol

Oct 10, 2021 2:01 PM

Jul 2021
I like the animation in this one definitely much better than S2 graphics, and better than S3 in my opinion. I don't know if I prefer S1 or S4 animation though.

I enjoyed this episode the opening by Chiaki was completely savage, as expected from her :P. I hope this season will be at least on par with S3 which for me was pretty enjoyable, but not as good as S1.
Apr 3, 2023 12:00 PM

Nov 2010
10:37 Grown up Chiaki the devil looks hot! Initially, I thought that was Haruka.
20:00 Haruka is so hot, especially when she unbuttons her blouse like that. Those boobies look delicious!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami-ke Tadaima Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 30, 2013

93 by Gisilfrid »»
Aug 25, 9:36 AM

» Season 5 confirmed

Dbagas8 - Jul 7

7 by Notshane »»
Jul 8, 8:20 PM

» is there any possibility for season 5.....?

SakurakoMikage - Jul 28, 2023

4 by SakurakoMikage »»
Jul 7, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke Tadaima Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 16, 2013

35 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Aug 9, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Tadaima Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babak159 - Feb 23, 2013

78 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Aug 8, 2023 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.