Forum Settings
Forums
Cage of Eden
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 2013 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, so it might not be time-travel after all. And who the heck are those mean looking people?! Now I kinda understand why you're all frustrated on how it's going to end in 2 chapters.

This chapter barely had progress at all!
Jan 7, 2013 11:02 AM

Dec 2010
Yea I agree I felt like it had no progress what so ever. Unless the give the last chapter a good 50 pages I don't think its going to be a very conclusive end.
Anyways I don't really get whats going on. It seems that Sengokus mum went it to depression and then somehow managed to destroy the world through this eden project? Well if where Sengoku and co are is the future. The island is pretty barren.

I really wanna know what exactly happened any theory that I can come up with just doesn't make any sense lol.
Jan 7, 2013 11:20 AM

Mar 2010
I agree, it seems kinda stupid as well, the grandfather's line of thought seems to be:

1.aw shit my granddaughter has died/gone missing
2.My granddaughter loved dinosaurs
3.In her memory im gunna try and recreate dinosaurs...?!?!?!

WHATT? is it just me or is is a bit ludicrous?
I hope his motive changes, or we find out a bit more next chapter :/

But then again i guess the author had to do what he could with the time given.
Jan 7, 2013 11:33 AM

Feb 2012
Hm, why doesn't Yamada tell us which year it is?

Also, I'm calling it, we will get a sequel.
Jan 7, 2013 11:33 AM

Aug 2010
I never understood the time travel theory people were discussing. I always thought everybody was clones or recreations of those who were on the plane. Then again, how do they have their past memories.
Jan 7, 2013 12:02 PM

Dec 2010
Zhou said:
Hm, why doesn't Yamada tell us which year it is?

Also, I'm calling it, we will get a sequel.

Isn't the year the same year as the plane crash/warp? At the moment from the last page its been 4 months and 4 days since the plane crash/warp.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sequel. The way it seems to be going is that all the mysteries will be reveled, like it said on the first page, but it won't show if Sengoku and Co. ever get off the island. Maybe that will be the cliffhanger of the last chapter.
Its going to be interesting to see how this end with all the loose ends.
Jan 7, 2013 12:26 PM

Jan 2010
A sequel might happen, you never know. Though it might be a different setting, like they might make it to Japan or some other island and something else is going on there. Or the outside world could view them as contaminated.

This chapter did give us one thing. That Akira's mother is the one who will lead this Eden Project, which eventually built the island, which she probably named. She probably had something to do with the design for the dorm building, which is why it looks like the school.

Half of the next chapter will probably be in the past, showing the project's goals, progress and failure. After that, it should go back to the main characters and we will find that something has happened to Rion and the other girl. Of course, all of the next chapter could also be in the past. Regardless of what happens, there will need to be more pages to answer all the questions.

Also, we don't know what happened outside the island. For all we know everything is fine, or there could have been a zombie apocalypse.
Jan 7, 2013 12:33 PM
Mar 2011
was I the only one who felt sad seeing Sengoku's mother like that?
brought a tear to my eye seeing how much she loved her son :'(

also I'm betting the author won't disappoint us with the last chapter.
I mean seriously has there ever been a moment in Eden No Ori where Yamada Keiyou has disappointed us?
Jan 7, 2013 12:37 PM
Jul 2011
I have a idea.
Project Eden is about creating an island in the past (remember the moutain was man-made, so we can suppose that the island is the same), at least ~ 10years before the plane crash. This island will be on the plane route and the plane will somehow crash on it.
There will be dinosaurs on the island because Mina loves Dinosaurs. They will be people on the island, all students will be able to live in the buildings.
It's a paradise, set for Mina and the others, in the sole goal of savong them from a fatal event.
But it will be destroyed by all the events we saw like the biohazard (the only survivor would be the King of Hades, remember him ?)
So the students will crash on a island, empty of humans because of the biohazard, created for them, but now it's like a prison for them, like the title (Cage of Eden) suggests.

If it's not that, we can bet on a alternative world where they survived or a virtual world.
But seriously, it it's a virtual world, it would be the worst ending ever...
Jan 7, 2013 12:39 PM

Jan 2010
BackLashWave said:

also I'm betting the author won't disappoint us with the last chapter.
I mean seriously has there ever been a moment in Eden No Ori where Yamada Keiyou has disappointed us?

I wasn't brought to a tear, but it did make me feel sad too.

He probably won't disappoint us.
Jan 7, 2013 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
Lack of progress on the resolution. I do feel sorry for Akira's mother though, it must of been really hard given the fact that even her husband is no longer with her. Anyways, hoping to shed some light on this soon. Dat Eden Project.
Jan 7, 2013 12:56 PM

Dec 2011
I knew it. Sengoku's mom is heavily involved in the Eden project.
She is the predecessor to the project the Isurugi holds in.

Now, this proves that she named the island from Akira's name using the anagram.
And looks like the extinct animals where created as a dedication to Miina's death.

If we have such a short 2 chapters for the conclusion...
This is the thing might happen in the end.

To have them all die at the mercy of that giant dinosaur so the author don't need to explain everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
Fck with this ending. They ended the manga too early with not that good explanation.
Jan 7, 2013 1:13 PM

Aug 2011
2 more chapters :|... they are going to explain everything ...about the time travel .. about the Eden Project and how they will get back in the past or "present" ?? :|

maybe a sequel :X ?

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)
Jan 7, 2013 1:37 PM
Sep 2007
I just want to know if it got canceled? Or the Mangaka, is being a douchebag?
Hi
Jan 7, 2013 2:32 PM

Jun 2010
Well, we'll have to read the two remaining chapters to see if it makes any sense. My theory is that Isurugi either knows about the time warp somehow and prepares an island for the plane to safely land (crash) on in the future, or he just wants an island of recreated extinct animals "in memory" of Miina. Either way, I think the foreigners who unlike Sengoku's mother and Isurugi himself, didn't care about any dead/warped relatives, got carried away resulting in extinct animals running amok and everybody being killed.
Jan 7, 2013 2:37 PM

Dec 2011
I don't believe that manga goes to finish in next 2 chapters.

I think, it means that the "Secret of Eden Project" will be revealed in next few chapters, but in not mean that manga goes to END.

They need to survive and go back to Japan.
Jan 7, 2013 2:53 PM
Dec 2011
motrya said:
I don't believe that manga goes to finish in next 2 chapters.

I think, it means that the "Secret of Eden Project" will be revealed in next few chapters, but in not mean that manga goes to END.

They need to survive and go back to Japan.

Dude, I was on the same thought as you, I think the ending that they keep mentioning is end of the secret of the Eden project not the actual ending of the story. Unless the magna got cancelled (which does not make any since they are doing so well with their popularity) or the author is trying to make a sequel or he just fucked up. Other than that I think that the Eden project was to resurrect those who died on the plane but somehow they fucked up. Better yet, maybe the whole story of them waking up in the plane was actually clones with implanted memories inside the "resurrected" children and that the real version of them actually died, they are living of their last memories something like (The 6th Day ). Either way i am excited for the ending.
NecroFantasiaJan 7, 2013 3:17 PM
Jan 7, 2013 3:11 PM

Jul 2012
I think there's a possibility that the passengers of the flight are clones. Eden is the place where Adam and Eve lived in the biblical account of creation. Thus, making me believe that the Isurugi company must have remade the presumed dead passengers back to life, possibly replacing the real ones in the actual timeline. However, my theory has its faults such as how did they retrieve the memories of the passengers? Even though they can recreate them, no one would know how they truly lived in school and whatnot. The Eden project was to help the grandfather of Miina and the passengers' parents and family, as the grandfather himself stated that he and Sengoku's mother are similar. The thing about going to the future is kind of strange... If the grandfather was trying to help Sengoku's mother and himself, why would he recreate the extinct animals, which probably caused the end of the human race in the future? This is indeed confusing but it's also interesting. :)
Jan 7, 2013 3:16 PM
Dec 2011
I think it's because the girl of the grandfather loves extinct animals thats why he recreate them for her.
Jan 7, 2013 3:43 PM
Jan 2008
It's already been confirmed to end jan 20th something, so yeah it is ending
Jan 7, 2013 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
Endar said:
BackLashWave said:

I wasn't brought to a tear, but it did make me feel sad too.

I'm with you guys, i felt sad too.
Also, sequel is a good idea. :D
Jan 7, 2013 4:44 PM

Dec 2012
A part of me wants to have a happy ending. But then another part of me wants a depressing ending where they stay on the island.
Jan 7, 2013 4:47 PM

Feb 2010
With only 2 Chapters remaining how is this going to End? and Yeah a Sequel is a possibility
Jan 7, 2013 5:23 PM

Jan 2012
love this manga but with only 2 more chapters left i don't know how it's going 2 end with a good ending
Jan 7, 2013 6:23 PM

Nov 2008
Sengoku will wake up when the planes lands in Japan and it will all have been a dream... LOL
Jan 7, 2013 8:57 PM

Jan 2010
The dream thing would be a bit odd, since they had this flashback stuff of how everyone at home was taking the crash. But it could still happen. At least no one would have died in that ending, though there are some of them who probably should have stayed dead.
Jan 7, 2013 10:11 PM
Jan 2008
Does it make no sense if project eden is time travel?
Jan 7, 2013 10:47 PM

Nov 2011
Well, look like we won't be getting a happy ending. I don't see how they can leave the island/future. Perhaps they will stay at that place and live there, I don't think there's safer place out in the island.
Kaiser-chanJan 7, 2013 10:55 PM

Jan 7, 2013 11:17 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah, major wtf!! Bad end eh...
I mean I still like the manga, but I don't think I'd enjoy the aftertaste of a sad ending... :(

deviantART                                    YouTube  
Jan 8, 2013 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
I don't get it. If I was a part of the Eden Project and successfully "resurrected" the dead, the first thing I'd do is take my son/daughter back home. Why would they prolong the stay of the people who 'died'?

They did mention an unused plane in the island, right? Or was it false. I forgot the past chapters already haha.
Jan 8, 2013 7:39 AM

May 2012
Chapter full of random stuff, randomly meeting miinas grandfather and whatever, disappointed that they're not 50 chapters... But oh well. I hope the mangaka wont stuff every revelation on the last chapter.

Kinda annoying that they didn't find the bodies of the passengers, but maybe isurugi dude found it first and somehow hide the plane and the bodies somewhere. "eden project" doesn't sound like time machine to me.

yes think of the holes in the story if they were made there.
-The island was dead and empty from other people except Hades so they couldn't prepare the "clones" and throw them around in the island so:

- why they wear clothes?
- Same memories, last memory was when they were on the plane. Sengoku had no idea why he was there on the ground and was thirsty, that too.
- scattered around the island and on the plane etc, why did the extinct animals not kill them if they were walking around brainlessly before the "memories activate" if that happened?
- The guy kouhei killed implied that he has been there before
and so on..

actually they all even got the same items they were carrying with them and after who knows maybe 100 years mariyas laptop should not be able to work anymore, it's probably time machine stuff after all.

Then again the plane "disappeared" before the project so what...?
k11chiJan 8, 2013 7:50 AM
Jan 8, 2013 7:43 AM
Jul 2012
I believe they are clones too and will soon find out. About the biohazard, it'd be funny if it spread across the world xD.
Jan 8, 2013 8:05 AM

Dec 2011
Oddisho said:
I believe they are clones too and will soon find out. About the biohazard, it'd be funny if it spread across the world xD.

So, you think that they last humans on the Earth?
Jan 8, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2010
I still disagree with the clone theory it's a possibility but there are others.
And my main reason is that the plane disappeared without a trace that newsflash mentioned that they didn't even find any wreckage of it.
Then there is also the spread of the survivors on the island of which most where at the wreckage of the plane yet Sengoku. Mariya Oomari and maybe some others where somewhere else on the island suggesting a crash.
If they where clones then why would some passengers somewhere else on the island instead of where at least 75% of them are.
Then there is also the point of DNA if you want to make a clone of someone you need they're DNA to do so without there DNA it's impossible and seeing as the plane vanished without a trace it would be impossible to get the DNA of each passenger.

Traveling to the future sounds like a more likely explanation.
Jan 8, 2013 6:19 PM
Jan 2008
the biohazard isn't even fatal if it isn't consumed so doubt it
Jan 8, 2013 6:33 PM

May 2010
Hawaiian420 said:
I just want to know if it got canceled? Or the Mangaka, is being a douchebag?

^
Me too. :'I
💕
Jan 9, 2013 5:58 AM

Feb 2012
so heres the chronology:

plane crash was covered by the media.. the isurugi corp. has already found it first, and collected all the DNA from the dead passengers..
the DNA manipulation project was already carried out, even now, remember the scientist team who is trying to revive the mammoth? they mentioned it on the manga as well..
http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/scientists-close-reviving-wooly-mammoths-extinction.html
its real..

the grandpa from isurugi called the research team from around the world and proposed the "eden project"..
eden, garden of creation.. in biblical terms, or whatever, so basicly its the creation of life.. human cloning.. revive the dead..
the grandpa entrusted everything about the project to sengoku's mother.. since hes too old, and gonna die soon..

then they built an artificial island in the spot when the accident happened, the residence building design similar to school building is not a coincidence, the memorial tower for miina, the name of the island, etc..

they conduct the experiment there on the island.. starting with reviving the extinct animals.. remember the chimera (the failed products) underneath the miina's tower? also the plants, the skulls, found inside the underground pyramid?

in the end, they succeeded.. but then something terrible happened; biohazard..

then..
i dont know..
i dont have any idea about how the clones were activated.. and i cant explain the condition in the first few chapters in the manga..
go ask Hades about it..
maybe i should re-read those chapters again..

notes: it is not impossible to insert the memory to the clone.. just try to think like kagebunshin no jutsu in naruto.. or not, lol
and regarding miina, its possible that she (the clone) didnt receive the memory transfer.. due to some reasons, yeah

dont be mad, its all just my speculation..
u guys r free to think about time travel or anything.. its also interesting..
or perhaps a parallel world, thats also possible..
or idk, demon world, Hades is the satan.. or maybe he is another clone of Akira.. or the clone of isurugi grandpa (younger version).. :p
Jan 9, 2013 6:34 AM

Feb 2012
ohh yeah.. and why they wear chlotes, mariya's laptop and his glasses, eiken's camera, the plane....
ahh, the plane..!! in the building they found a model of it, right? maybe they constructed one for memorial purpose.. the plane in the beginning of the story was that plane, maybe.. or may not be..

and here, i found some interesting things regarding the memory transfer to the clone..
http://www.sjgames.com/car-wars/adq/7/1/clone.html
what happened to arita's mind, can be explained here, well, abit.. check the last part about cloning complication..

anyway.. lets just wait for the conclusion in the remaining 2 chapters..
hope its going to be a special chapter with 50 pages..
Jan 9, 2013 11:13 AM

Nov 2007
damn I hate rushed endings. still too many unanswered questions.

rather than time travel or some hidden island it seems to be that the answer goes back to science and they meddled with matters they shouldn't have. cloning and such.
Jan 9, 2013 10:02 PM

Jan 2010
What about Eiken's camera? I know he has footage from being on the plane, but I can't remember if he had footage from the trip....If he does then I am really confused :S

Jan 11, 2013 8:58 AM

Dec 2012
I think the last chapter will have more pages (like the prologue for mangas which have around ~60 pages or so)

I don't know how it's just going to end so abruptly in 2 chapters, some intense shit is gonna happen I bet.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 11, 2013 1:19 PM
Jan 2010
Hmm did they try to make perfect clone's of the animals before trying to re-create the children?
Jan 12, 2013 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
I really hope there'll be a sequel, like it's only gonna change to a new magazine and gonna be monthly or bimonthly instead of weekly. Kamisama no Iutoori got a sequel, I hope that's also the plan for Eden no Ori.
Jan 12, 2013 10:09 PM

Feb 2012
Xeize said:
What about Eiken's camera? I know he has footage from being on the plane, but I can't remember if he had footage from the trip....If he does then I am really confused :S

i dont think he has.. but even he does have, its possible that the camera was survived during the crash.. and they made the replica for the memorial purpose.. well, im not really sure

and about encyclopedia of extinct animals in mariya's laptop.. dont u think its strange that it has 100% accuracy.. i mean, the list and information of the animals in the encyclopedia are fits perfectly with the extinct animals on the island..
also some1 here mentioned about the miina or isurugi symbol on that software or on the laptop.. i forgot.. cmiiw,
maybe i should check the chapters to make sure..
Jan 12, 2013 10:13 PM

Feb 2012
Crimzoneyed said:
Hmm did they try to make perfect clone's of the animals before trying to re-create the children?

yes.. i think they did..
most of the lab test experiments is done to animal first, and then human, right?
Jan 15, 2013 5:39 PM
Sep 2009
kicchi said:
Xeize said:

i dont think he has.. but even he does have, its possible that the camera was survived during the crash.. and they made the replica for the memorial purpose.. well, im not really sure

and about encyclopedia of extinct animals in mariya's laptop.. dont u think its strange that it has 100% accuracy.. i mean, the list and information of the animals in the encyclopedia are fits perfectly with the extinct animals on the island..
also some1 here mentioned about the miina or isurugi symbol on that software or on the laptop.. i forgot.. cmiiw,
maybe i should check the chapters to make sure..

He said he made the encyclopedia based on Miina's drawings so if they made the animals based off of the encyclopedia it should be 100% accurate
Apr 20, 2014 7:34 AM

Oct 2013
so miina's dad really did build the island and stuff, and it seems it was based off her dinosaur fantasies.

thats such a ridiculous thing to build after your daughter dies.........
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 16, 2016 11:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
No way this gets a proper end.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 13, 2016 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
Poor woman, she is suffering so much...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 22, 2022

10 by Nik012 »»
Sep 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 161 Discussion

gmgkng - Jul 13, 2012

24 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 159 Discussion

Zhou - Jun 24, 2012

23 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 157 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jun 10, 2012

19 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 112 Discussion

Keiz - Dec 22, 2011

20 by DebiPS »»
May 30, 2023 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.