Forum Settings
Forums
Cage of Eden
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2012 10:44 PM

Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally...!!!

Wow although I saw that coming, this chapter sent me shivers after shivers down my spine... until I get to the last page WTF???? 3 chapters to go?????? I'm sure I'm not the only to scream out WTF to himself.

Edit: Right I only just noticed the other thread about it ending in 3 chaps XD my heart was sooo not prepared for that...
UtsuneDec 24, 2012 10:58 PM

deviantART                                    YouTube  
Dec 27, 2012 8:32 AM

Dec 2011
So, they travelled into the future? Another show with time paradox, now it's really looks like LOST-style manga.
Dec 27, 2012 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
where can i read this chapter?
Dec 28, 2012 5:57 AM
May 2012
here
Hyodou said:
where can i read this chapter?

only the raw is out by now, so if you can read japanese http://mangahead.com/
dunno other sites which provide raw version....
Jan 1, 2013 3:42 AM

Feb 2012
It went as expected but I don't know what Akira's mother has to do with everything and which year it is.
Jan 1, 2013 9:44 AM
Sep 2007
Anyone know if it got canceled or the mangaka hated his manga and stop working on it? Need answer, and so mnay unanswered plot lines >.<. FUCCCCCCCCCCCk, this always happens to awesome mangas.
Hi
Jan 1, 2013 9:49 AM
Mar 2012
I was really hoping that it wouldn't turn out all 'Lost' on me. I loved that series, but it just doesn't feel right that this manga shares so many similarities. I thought that it was steering off to the right direction when we discovered how the dinosaurs came to be, as in it was going on a scientific explanation for stuff and conspiracy type themes. However, it did what Lost did, which was give science as an answer before mind fucking you with what really happened.

Nevertheless, I'm just a little disappointed. I don't mean it to be a big deal; I'm not reducing it's rating. Just not what I was expecting despite how obvious it was that it was going to happen.
meh
Jan 1, 2013 10:32 AM

Dec 2010
I don't really want this to end as a tragedy. But after the full revelation I feel like they've got no chance of escaping the island. I mean if they've really gone to the future then they've now got to find out how they got there. If they can't there stuck and with no transportation it seems like they've got no chance. Also with just 3 chapters left I don't see how they could explain a lot of the details.
Jan 1, 2013 10:45 AM

Oct 2008
Another rushed ending, great
Jan 1, 2013 10:55 AM
Aug 2011
The island was probably built at the spot where the plane was reported missing, as a graveyard, but that's obvious I suppose. But there's so much that doesn't make sense... I don't think the mangaka will cover it all. I have a million questions but I suppose it's better to just wait and see what happens. I'm excited anyway :)
Jan 1, 2013 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
Sort of expected but I'm expecting a good ending to this manga tbh.
Jan 1, 2013 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
wait, so they really traveled to the future??
what i have on my thought after reading this chapter is somewhat different..

Jan 1, 2013 2:35 PM
Mar 2012
Erf, so, only three more chapters to go ? :S It's sad :(
Jan 1, 2013 2:50 PM

Apr 2012
kicchi said:

It can be true at some point, but there's still missing link or two here...
Jan 1, 2013 2:56 PM
Oct 2008
kicchi said:

I thought of something similar, although it's a shame that author rushed the ending, as I expected some sort of continuation...

KejmurJan 1, 2013 3:10 PM
Jan 1, 2013 3:07 PM

Nov 2011
Finally the truth is out :D and just 3 ch left :/
Jan 1, 2013 6:05 PM

Jan 2009
I don't think they just traveled to the future, it doesn't suit the manga. My guess is they themselves are clones like the creatures on the island. The author likes to mess with us, and I think that is something he would do. They'll probably end up populating the island or something.
Jan 1, 2013 6:47 PM
Jan 2012
konpachi said:
I don't think they just traveled to the future, it doesn't suit the manga. My guess is they themselves are clones like the creatures on the island. The author likes to mess with us, and I think that is something he would do. They'll probably end up populating the island or something.

My thoughts exactly. Time travel just doesn't fit everything the manga has built up. With all the emphasis on DNA manipulation and cloning, that's my guess as well. I suppose the big question will be why did everything happen now?
Jan 1, 2013 6:56 PM
May 2012
future?? that's just doesn't match the plot... so many unanswered questions yet 3 chapters left...
Jan 1, 2013 8:53 PM

Feb 2012
UnknownSoldier said:
konpachi said:

My thoughts exactly. Time travel just doesn't fit everything the manga has built up. With all the emphasis on DNA manipulation and cloning, that's my guess as well. I suppose the big question will be why did everything happen now?

yes.. exactly as i said..
the people in the island are the clones, just like the extinct animals..

the research in the island is carried out to bring the dead back.. to make a perfect human clones..
sengoku's mother was involved and she might be a lead researcher or something..
and the project was supported financially by isurugi corp., because their granddaughter was involved in the plane crash accident..

they succeeded, but then something terrible happened, which killed all of the people in the island, and brought the situation to the current condition..
but somehow, they managed to save the "not yet to be revived human clones"..
the big question is, as u said, why now?
why the clones are revived far time in the future.. and conditioned, and gathered together around the crashed plane, (not all of them, i remember sengoku wake up in the jungle)..
this, i think, has something to do with Hades..

i dont agree with the time travel things, its just absurd..
im gonna cry hard if its really turned out to be like that..
Jan 1, 2013 10:16 PM

Nov 2007
a picture of his mother? I didn't see that coming.

and memorial to all of them?

oh the Miina memorial was because she was thought dead.

yep as expected time travel. is this really future Japan?

and his mother is connected.

I guess his mother and the rich grandfather tried some crazy shit after the plane went missing.

Still don't like how rushed this ending feels.
Jan 1, 2013 10:18 PM

Dec 2010
We predicted this plot like 100 chapters ago, right?

They finally said it.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Jan 1, 2013 11:50 PM

Nov 2008
I think the island was man made because of course, on "their" map there is no island because it does not exist yet

Also, Miina Isurugi made those sketches of creatures and such, she probably had other sketches in Japan. Her grandfather most likely used them. That is why she is somehow predicting these creatures. Although that doesn't explain how Mariya has the reference on his laptop.

As for, everyone and their mother guessed long ago they went into the future...
I had no idea until I started reading Cage of Eden user's posts... And I had read them after chapter 178. Guess I really didn't figure it out. Maybe there were signs, I just didn't see them.
Jan 2, 2013 12:00 AM

Nov 2012
its getting to the good part then 3 chapters to the conclusion
WHAT THE FUCK!!!! is this really the end fuck that theres so many unanswered questions
its going to end just like air gear RUSHED!!
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Jan 2, 2013 12:21 AM

Mar 2008
Well not many surprises honestly. I thought the picture would be something like Sengouku's mother. It was more of a random guess to be fair, but I was right. Time travel has been obvious from the start as well.

I really hope that they mean 3 chapters to the end of this flashback arc or something. Since there is no way they can resolve all of this in 3 chapters. It'd be beyond the most rushed ending ever.

In the end it's not like anything is solved. We are going to spend a chapter at least showing Sengoku's mother and her involvement with this. Unless they all die instantly they still have to get off the island. Forward in time is serious, but they are still alive and there is still a world out there for them to go and get back to.
Jan 2, 2013 12:28 AM

Oct 2010
So it's going to end in three chapters, huh? Well, sorry Hades, it looks like you're going to be killed off-screen...

Seriously, is this series really doing so bad that it has to be cancelled?
Jan 2, 2013 1:40 AM

May 2012
Just wait a sec, I'm starting to think that it's actually not a time-travel to the future, but that they were genetically remade and born in the future..? Why would they have clothes though.. lol, idk anymore. It has to be that bermuda triangle thing, didnt hades or someone (the planes captain?) say that they've been there before...
Jan 2, 2013 4:39 AM

Dec 2011
Okay, even with the extinct animals, the manga still felt realistic because of the DNA labs we have seen... but traveling in the future? Great. All the realism that I felt dissipated. Well, this is expected.

And finally, we can see what happened in the society of Japan when the crash happened. And I am pretty certain that the Raika island is derived from Akira's name alright, and his mom named the island after Akira.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2013 5:03 AM

Feb 2012
Fiji said:
Okay, even with the extinct animals, the manga still felt realistic because of the DNA labs we have seen... but traveling in the future? Great. All the realism that I felt dissipated. Well, this is expected.

And finally, we can see what happened in the society of Japan when the crash happened. And I am pretty certain that the Raika island is derived from Akira's name alright, and his mom named the island after Akira.

i still cant accept this "time travel to the future" thing..
i believed in the idea that the people in the island are actually the clones, genetically modified human,, just like the extinct animals..

yes i think so, raika is the anagram derived from akira's name..
Jan 2, 2013 9:54 AM

Jan 2010
One problem with the clone theory is the crashed plane. Some time would have passed to do the cloning. If that was the case, why did they have the plane in the like it happened recently? First, if they did crash and the island was not there, then they would have sunk into the water. So when they made the island they put a duplicate of the crashed plane on it and kept it in good conditions and stock it with a food supply that did not perish. Why would you do that? They also had to put everything the passenger had on the plane as they were before the crash. Some of those items might not be re-creatable, such as a note someone wrote on the plane.

Another possible hole in the clone theory is Mariya's laptop. If they were clones and the laptop was rebuilt using what was known of him or maybe using the damaged data from the laptop at the crash, there would be inconsistencies in the memory that Mariya would notice. Since he was doing stuff on it while on the plane, there would be some files that would not have been properly recreated and Mariya would have noticed that in the beginning.

Of course, those two points depend on the clones having the same memories as the originals did. They could have been altered or there could have been gaps because of the source material used for the cloning, but that is a whole other argument about clones and memory.

As for Hades, it is possible he was not on the plane, but was a survivor of the lab. Why someone his age would be there, I don't know, but it is possible. It would explain how he has been able to move around the island unnoticed.
EndarJan 2, 2013 9:57 AM
Jan 2, 2013 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
I remember someone guessing in a previous thread that the picture would be of Sengoku's mother. Kudos to that person.

3 more chapters!? WTF! I was hoping it would be longer, but looking forward to the conclusion.
Jan 2, 2013 8:58 PM

Nov 2008
Endar said:

As for Hades, it is possible he was not on the plane, but was a survivor of the lab. Why someone his age would be there, I don't know, but it is possible. It would explain how he has been able to move around the island unnoticed.

Didn't Sengoku note that Hades was wearing the school uniform?
Jan 2, 2013 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
Metaliator said:
I have a million questions but I suppose it's better to just wait and see what happens.

So do I.

Like who the fuck is Hades?
Why the heck did they build the community in a small island?
What the virus is for?
How the prick will they get home?

BUT WHAT I WANT TO SEE BEFORE IT ALL ENDS IS THE ATTACK OF THE BASILOSAURUS.
Jan 3, 2013 3:01 AM

Oct 2012
Flaky said:
Metaliator said:
I have a million questions but I suppose it's better to just wait and see what happens.

So do I.

Like who the fuck is Hades?
Why the heck did they build the community in a small island?
What the virus is for?
How the prick will they get home?

BUT WHAT I WANT TO SEE BEFORE IT ALL ENDS IS THE ATTACK OF THE BASILOSAURUS.

RUSH ENDING - Hades is shown riding Basilosaurus when it attacks. Crushes Nishikiori. Kouhei appears from jungle and shoulder slams against Basilosaurus causing it to slip on bloody remains sending Hades flying head first into Mina. They slam against each others heads. Mina recovers from amnesia, Hades recovers from psychosis. Falling Basilosaurus stumbles towards tower, breaks neck when crashing into building whilst simultaneously knocking Tooru free from rubble and unearthing access to tower basement where Sengoku mother kept diary explaining the entire phenomenon. In basement find directions and instructions to time machine in pyramid which is preset to send everyone back to the day after the time machine was completed to avoid paradox.

FAN SERVICE - Time machine causes temporary changes in cerebral cortex making everyone want to get it on with each other on a subconscious level. After the jump, while everyone is still unconscious, they dream about it! :p THE END
Jan 3, 2013 3:14 AM

Jun 2010
Suddenly you're all talking about them being clones instead. That makes no sense. Their memories are there (except for Miina) and don't tell me you forgot the spread page in chapter one.

But WHOA I did not expect the manga to end so soon! Will they tie up all the loose ends? Will they go back or be forced to stay on the island?
Jan 3, 2013 10:54 AM

Jan 2009
Well its possible the situation was planned. An imitation of the plane crash so the clones could continue their lives where the others left off. Doesn't sound great, but neither does magically transporting the plane and its passengers to the future. Theres no reason they couldn't clone their memories.
Jan 4, 2013 9:39 AM
Sep 2012
i almost forgot about this manga, but when i found out that it was ending in 3 chapters i just had to catch up...
well, after catching up to the manga, i really didnt want it to be time travel...

it was really intense and amazing until the confirmation of time travel...

but i guess its still not confirmed that its time travel until they discover how they got there...

hades is probably God or something... we'll see...
Jan 4, 2013 5:48 PM

Nov 2008
The Basilosauras kills everyone. Except (Fake) Miina.

Cool.
Jan 5, 2013 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Guys plz. Don't judge the manga any further until it's finished. You're all hurting my kokoro by confirming theories when there are still mysteries untold. There's still 3 chapters. Eden no Ori is my #1 favorite manga and I get butthurt :<
Jan 8, 2013 2:19 PM

Apr 2010
konpachi said:
I disagree it was pretty clear that they where in a different time zone there where several things that suggested this.
However what i mainly disagree with is you clone theory why where Sengoku, Mariya and Oomori not at the crash sight right after the crash?
I mean if you where to release clones like you suggest would it not be easier to release them together?
Why would you release a clones of students on a island full of prehistoric animals?
And how did the manage to get DNA from the passengers of that plane?
Jan 16, 2013 8:20 PM
Sep 2010
Aversa said:
konpachi said:
I disagree it was pretty clear that they where in a different time zone there where several things that suggested this.
However what i mainly disagree with is you clone theory why where Sengoku, Mariya and Oomori not at the crash sight right after the crash?
I mean if you where to release clones like you suggest would it not be easier to release them together?
Why would you release a clones of students on a island full of prehistoric animals?
And how did the manage to get DNA from the passengers of that plane?

not only that, the way the plane started crashing suggests that they went through some type of time travel, remember there was completely no vision of the outside when they started crashing showed here: http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/5357/01-001.0/compressed/cage_of_eden_01_rh.eden01_26_rh.jpg?v=11234697949

in other words, its pretty much time travel, they are the originals.
Oct 28, 2013 6:52 AM

Jul 2013
And the whole thing reveals on memorial hall scenes. Seems like they are in the future of themselves. Looks like a flashback of what happen in the next chapter.

Jan 8, 2014 4:16 AM
Jun 2011
That Time Travelling re
UnknownSoldier said:
konpachi said:

oww ..what about the Time Travelling?? ... i think they just forced it or something so that they could end it ... there was this monk that told this story about the pilot knowing something about the plane accident ..
Apr 20, 2014 7:29 AM

Oct 2013
cant tell if legitimately from future or not
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 20, 2015 10:16 AM
Oct 2011
I don't like the clone theory because you CAN"t CLONE memories. Memories are NOT included in DNA. I can see that being the case for Mina though since she has amnesia
Jan 2, 2016 6:34 AM
Jan 2016
Here are some of my thoughts of what might have happened while I was reading before the reveal:
Apr 16, 2016 11:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As readers we've known for a while that this was what was happening, but seeing the fact dawn on them was still pretty exciting.
But what does Akiras mom have to do with this?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 13, 2016 7:51 AM

Dec 2015
Finally its revealed, even though I saw it coming I am still shocked xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 16, 2017 1:29 AM

Mar 2015
Ohh shit! The twist is better than what I expected. I didn't expect cloning, I mean it was there all along, but I decided to go with time travel. Damn, it was shivering good for me.

Apr 19, 2018 5:29 AM

Sep 2011
What the flying fuck? It feels like I got totally more confused.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 22, 2022

10 by Nik012 »»
Sep 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 161 Discussion

gmgkng - Jul 13, 2012

24 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 159 Discussion

Zhou - Jun 24, 2012

23 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 157 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jun 10, 2012

19 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 112 Discussion

Keiz - Dec 22, 2011

20 by DebiPS »»
May 30, 2023 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.