Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2008 10:59 AM

Mar 2008
Seeing how a good portion of the club members have watched/is watching the series, I figure it might be a good idea to have a discussion board for it. Please feel free to start another topic board like this for other anime if you like them to be discussed!

Personally, I like the Mai Otome manga most (thanks to my weird taste).
Anyway, let the discussion begin!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2008 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
Heh I'm a big fan of this franchise :D
But I haven't read the manga, only watched the anime,
and I prefer Hime to Otome, but I love both of them XDD
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 14, 2008 11:33 AM

Jul 2008
I have just started watching the series (started watching Mai-HiME late last year and Mai-Otome middle of this year) but I am a HUGE-HUGE-HUGE-HUGE fan of the franchise! XD I would like to thank Sunrise over and over and over for making such an awesome series! XD

I have read the manga versions of both Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome and I love them even though the storylines are much different that the anime counterparts. I have also read the short sequel to the Mai Otome manga called, Mai-Otome Arashi, as well as the even shorter midquel called Mai-Otome Super H (this is not a doujinshi... its made by the same mangaka) XD
Oct 14, 2008 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
Well since I haven't read it, I gotta ask something then...
is there more scenes with my fav character Natsuki-chan in both Hime and Otome manga :D?
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Oct 14, 2008 9:09 PM

Mar 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
is there more scenes with my fav character Natsuki-chan in both Hime and Otome manga :D?

yes

in fact, you'll see Natsuki's mom too (who resembles her a lot) XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2008 11:04 PM
Jul 2008
Both mai-Hime and Mai-Otome are Awesome!
Oct 14, 2008 11:08 PM

Oct 2008
I just bought the video game "Mai Otome Budoshi!" It is awesome!!
Oct 15, 2008 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:

Natsuki is featured prominently in the manga adaptation of Mai-HiME as well as in the manga adaptation of Mai-Otome (but has less appearences here) XD

I have to agree with kaminakun that Natsuki is a carbon copy of her mother. The only difference is that Natsuki's mom wears glasses! XD

wickedrowan said:
I just bought the video game "Mai Otome Budoshi!" It is awesome!!

HEY!!! I WANT THAT GAME TOO!!! (hard to find it in Malaysia or Singapore...) T__T
Oct 15, 2008 5:23 AM

Jun 2008
Hmmm... maybe I'll check it out then :D
Thanks XD
Oct 15, 2008 8:04 AM

Jul 2008
You should ^__^

If you have the time... you can read them on www.onemanga.com =)

There you can find Mai-HiME, Mai-Otome and Mai-Otome Arashi! =)

Oct 15, 2008 1:32 PM

Dec 2007
I love the anime, but I'm in denial about the manga existing since Natsuki likes Tate in the Mai-HiME manga.
Oct 15, 2008 8:10 PM

Mar 2008
Gurenn said:
I love the anime, but I'm in denial about the manga existing since Natsuki likes Tate in the Mai-HiME manga.

if you don't like Tate (I don't like him much either), just skip to Mai Otome manga (I like Natsuki there more anyway ... plus some hidden bonuses!!)

btw Gurenn, I love Akeno as well! NICE PROFILE PIC
Oct 15, 2008 9:40 PM

Jul 2008
I'm not too fond of Natsuki liking Tate either but I kinda like the storyline (even though I find the storyline in Mai-Otome manga much more interesting) ^__^
Oct 15, 2008 9:45 PM

Jun 2008
hime = good
otome = ghetto

at least thats my opinion...
"I only have two modes... At war with something, or having sex with it! There is no middle ground." -Colbert

Oct 15, 2008 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
As many members here may not know (even though some of my friends has), there was an old anime which foreshadows several elements of Mai-HiME XD
Oct 17, 2008 7:30 AM

Mar 2008
you mean king kong LOL
Oct 17, 2008 5:08 PM

Jul 2008
I know that anime is old (1966) but this is something that I feel fellow fans would find interesting! ;)

A terrorist organization called SEARRS which was being lead by an evil genius by the name of John Smith... hell bent on world domination (same goes for the plot of the live-action movie) XD
Oct 17, 2008 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
Seen them both. I liked Hime better
Oct 17, 2008 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
I love both as much as each other :D

I have to say though that there are more memorable moments in Mai-HiME! ^^
Oct 18, 2008 4:56 AM

Jun 2008
i dunno... i thought hime was good, but otome was a "you can skip it, and not miss much", and both are not worthy enough to be considered amazing in any respect... but thats my taste... maybe someone digs it that much... which I would never understand...
"I only have two modes... At war with something, or having sex with it! There is no middle ground." -Colbert

Oct 18, 2008 7:28 AM

Jul 2008
Your taste is your taste and we respect it ^^
Oct 18, 2008 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
i recently finished watching Mai HiME and i find the plot in the anime different in manga.

But i like Mai HiME same goes to Mai otome. I have copies of both anime same goes with the MANGA XD.

ahaha~ i just want to share something, i thought natsuk-chan will be same as in manga with feelings for Tate-kun and also goes when they find the person to summon their childs ^___^.

thanks AUU~
Oct 19, 2008 1:28 AM

Jun 2008
Ah well, I didn't read the manga, so I'm kinda used to Tate-kun being with Mai-chan :D
And if I had to picture Natsuki-chan with someone, must definitely be Takeda :DDDD
(all the scenes with the two of them are very funny lol)
Oct 19, 2008 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
I read the first book of the manga for mai-hime, its fanservice to the max, theres shitloads to be had... and not much really happens... just fighting and ripping of clothes...

Oct 19, 2008 8:12 AM

Jul 2008
I read all five volumes and I loved the manga though not as much as the anime! XD

I see the manga for both Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome as a totally different universe from their anime counterparts and I was able to like them both better that way! ^^
Nov 1, 2008 12:35 PM

Feb 2008
Mai-HiME...

I'LL BE BACK TO YOU SOME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nov 1, 2008 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
Well, precious... like I said before as long as you don't forget about Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome then there is nothing to worry about ;)
Nov 2, 2008 1:03 AM

Apr 2008
after I finish rozen maiden, Mai-hime/otome is on my list

Nov 2, 2008 1:29 AM

Jul 2008
@saitoXhenrietta: Have you watched them yet? If you have not then you should! They're awesome! B)
Nov 2, 2008 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
akane-soir86 said:
@saitoXhenrietta: Have you watched them yet? If you have not then you should! They're awesome! B)

Agreed XD
Nov 2, 2008 5:40 AM

Feb 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
akane-soir86 said:

Agreed XD

*nod*

(I'm such a hypocrite)

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nov 2, 2008 8:28 AM

Apr 2008
akane-soir86 said:

they've been on my to watch list forever, so ask me again in a week or so ^.^

Nov 2, 2008 10:12 AM

Jul 2008
saitoXhenrietta said:
they've been on my to watch list forever, so ask me again in a week or so ^.^

I will do just that ;)

But seriously you should watch them! I'm currently in the craze now! :D

midori-chan89 said:
(I'm such a hypocrite)

No precious, you're not... :)
Nov 2, 2008 2:04 PM

Dec 2007
I don't see why liking one particular anime would mean you can't like another anime anymore. This is directed at midori-chan.

akane, you sound like Gollum. XD
Nov 2, 2008 2:34 PM

Jun 2008
Gurenn said:

akane, you sound like Gollum. XD

Ahahaha, yes, my precious :DDDDD
Nov 2, 2008 2:53 PM

Apr 2008
lol gollum...

Nov 2, 2008 10:00 PM

Jul 2008
@Gurenn: Well, in case you do not know, I have reasons why I referred to her as 'dear' and 'precious'... XD

Natsuki-chan knows why... :P
Nov 3, 2008 4:45 AM

Dec 2007
I know too.
Nov 3, 2008 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
Hehehe... *rubbing back of head*

So... you know huh? :P

BTW... we're really going off topic here don'cha think?

Here's a question to all fans... which is you favourite character/child?

Mine is obvious! ;)

Nov 3, 2008 6:57 AM

Dec 2007
Natsuki Kuga/Kruger, Lena Sayers, Nina Wáng, Shizuru Fujino/Viola and Midori (Sugiura) for characters.
Suishou, Kagutsuchi and Kiyohime for Childs.
Nov 3, 2008 8:22 AM

Jun 2008
akane-soir86 said:
@Gurenn: Well, in case you do not know, I have reasons why I referred to her as 'dear' and 'precious'... XD

Natsuki-chan knows why... :P

Oh yes, Natsuki-chan does know why ;)

akane-soir86 said:
Hehehe... *rubbing back of head*

So... you know huh? :P

BTW... we're really going off topic here don'cha think?

Here's a question to all fans... which is you favourite character/child?

Mine is obvious! ;)

And I must complement your topic changing ability :PPPP

My fav Child is Duran, Kyohime and Kagutschi :D
Everyone speaks of Kagutschi as the strongest of all Child,
but I'd bet that Kyohime might win if they fought :D
And I'm not even speaking of fav characters, cause I think that's fairly obvious from my nick here :DD
Nov 3, 2008 8:45 AM

Jul 2008
Akane is my all-time favourite character and nothing can change that (I said this alot of times but she has been the only character who I can relate to the most)

I have been thinking about her child, Hari (or Harry)

Hari might have derived from the word "harimau" (the Malaysian/Indonesian word for tiger). I have another theory that it could be a pun to its wind-based abilities and could have came from the word 'hurricane'. But hey... this is just my little own personal theory! I would like to add that my Chinese zodiac sign is tiger too! Cool!
Nov 3, 2008 9:04 AM

Jun 2008
akane-soir86 said:

I have been thinking about her child, Hari (or Harry)

Hari might have derived from the word "harimau" (the Malaysian/Indonesian word for tiger). I have another theory that it could be a pun to its wind-based abilities and could have came from the word 'hurricane'. But hey... this is just my little own personal theory! I would like to add that my Chinese zodiac sign is tiger too! Cool!

Well isn't Harry some God or something like that?
Check the ending of Hime, it's explained there...
I only remembered the Legend of Kyohime, can't remember Harry's story :)
Nov 3, 2008 9:23 AM

Jul 2008
I'm not too sure about that myself but it was mentioned on Wikipedia that the name 'Hari' might have derived from 'Harimau'... :P

I have to say that you are right... Hari is a Hindu God ;)

I would like to add that there are alot of references here and there:

Harimau = Malay and Indonesian for Tiger

Hari = Day in Malay and King in Tagalog

And the English words Gold and Yellow are cognates of Hari

So in conclusion... Hari (Harry) is a tiger, Hari is yellow in colour, Hari uses wind-based attacks! B)
TheNotoriousKAZNov 3, 2008 9:48 AM
Nov 3, 2008 11:43 AM

Dec 2007
natsuki-chan-bg said:
I actually think of myself (Duran) as the strongest Child, at least in my giant form. I was able to beat Kagutsuchi in the manga as far as I know. Granted, we were both powered up, but still... I also beat Kiyohime, though I still think Kagutsuchi would beat Kiyohime, especially after his sword is removed.

Hehe, Natsuki loves to ride me. :D (pun intended)
Nov 3, 2008 2:56 PM

Jun 2008
Gurenn said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:
I actually think of myself (Duran) as the strongest Child, at least in my giant form. I was able to beat Kagutsuchi in the manga as far as I know. Granted, we were both powered up, but still... I also beat Kiyohime, though I still think Kagutsuchi would beat Kiyohime, especially after his sword is removed.

Hahahaha, nice :D

And well, I didn't read the manga, so I can only judge based on anime.
I think that Duran wouldn't be as strong as he is in the powered up form
if he fought Kagutschi instead of Kyohime.
Gotta take in consideration "Shizuru" factor :D
Nov 3, 2008 7:42 PM

Apr 2008
well, i finished rozen maiden, so now i have to go search for mai hime/otome XD

Nov 3, 2008 8:12 PM

Jul 2008
@Gurenn: I love your post XD

@natsuki-chan-bg: If you have the time you should check the manga out ;)

(You can always check out http://www.onemanga.com they have completed both Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome)

@saitoXhenrietta: Awesome! I can assure you that you will love both series! You should check the manga out too! :D

I don't care what people say, but I shall say Hari is awesome! I just love his design and he is Akane's child ;)
TheNotoriousKAZNov 4, 2008 2:32 AM
Nov 4, 2008 12:53 PM

Dec 2007
natsuki-chan-bg said:
Gurenn said:
natsuki-chan-bg said:

Hahahaha, nice :D

And well, I didn't read the manga, so I can only judge based on anime.
I think that Duran wouldn't be as strong as he is in the powered up form
if he fought Kagutschi instead of Kyohime.
Gotta take in consideration "Shizuru" factor :D
Well, I didn't read the manga either, but a friend of mine did. Kagutsuchi got a power-up (and became evil) and became Dark Kagutsuchi. Duran then also got a power-up (but stayed good) and became Golden Duran. Assuming both power-ups where of equal strength, Duran should have been stronger than Kagutsuchi, at least in the manga.
Nov 4, 2008 8:48 PM

Jul 2008
I have to say that Golden Duran looks cool :D

Dark Kagutsuchi looks cool too :D

In the manga, there are three versions of HiME...

The first version are the original HiME (Highly-advanced Materializing Equipment)

The second version are the PRINCESS (Perfect Realization of Independent Access) - artificial HiME created by SEARRS

The PRINCESSes are Shiho Munakata, Alyssa Searrs, Yukariko Sanada, and Saeko Kuga

The third and most powerful versions are the QUEEN (Quaint Elemental Enchantress) - summoned by the Obsidian Prince

The QUEENs are Marie Antoinette, Yang Guifei and Mai Tokiha
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone here practice martial arts or other fighting techniques?

HateYouFool2 - Aug 7, 2009

16 by MetalistPunk »»
Mar 13, 2021 11:41 AM

Sticky: » ALL MEMBER ... Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KaminaKai - Oct 10, 2008

931 by OtakumiReviews »»
Mar 6, 2016 8:05 AM

Sticky: » Your opinion matters! Ways to improve this club! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KaminaKai - Oct 18, 2008

369 by WAniMeZ »»
May 13, 2015 7:00 AM

» Fav quotes from anime/manga.

Roncha - Feb 7, 2009

22 by Midori-tan »»
Jan 31, 2014 2:02 PM

» Riddles and Brain Teasers ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Saitoe - Oct 21, 2008

273 by makitokun »»
Mar 23, 2013 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.