Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2008 2:37 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There's our connection to that 'monster human' from earlier.

Decent episode, looks like a new enemy appeared too. Looking forward to more. I'm getting excited whenever Chiko puts on this outfit.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 7, 2008 8:51 AM

Feb 2008
Decent episode, finally something seems to be happening as they build towards the end.
Let's hope Live-Evil keeps this pace up for the next couple of episodes and gets back on track. If not, I can also wait.. :)
Sep 7, 2008 1:42 PM

Jun 2007
I already had thought chiko would go into a cave and train for 3 days after being nearly defeated by that grinning kid. But putting her special outfit is also nice.

But true, pretty decent episode leading me to think of maybe a plot twist against twenty faces, though I don't hope for that..
Sep 7, 2008 1:58 PM
Dec 2007
Good episode overall that further develops the relations between Chiko and Twenty Faces without him actually being her ;) Quite complex and interesting episode but I still need to see more.

On another note, you should all watch Inju (don't know if it's released outside of France yet...), a movie by French director Barbet Shroeder with Benoit Magimel and Lika Minamoto adapted from Edogawa Rampo's novels (Nijuu Mensou and detective Akechi are two of his characters and Nijuu Mensou Musume is structured exactly like one of his books, so much that it ressembles an Edogawa Rampo novel actually), you would see a lot of similarities with this series and understand more about the story I think. And how Nijuu Mensou is probably not a good guy at all...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 7, 2008 11:58 PM

Jun 2007
I'm really hopping all the stuff the old man said about 20 faces just using chiko are lies. It would suck if this turned into a Chiko vs 20 faces thing. I could see him testing her for something greater but I really cant see him being the bad guy. If he was a bad guy he would have killed or had Ken killed a long time ago after he found out Ken survived.

I have a feeling the old man is the bad guy in this. He wants 20 faces' war data bad and he's using the excuse of "saving chiko" to get it. I wouldn't be surprised if the boy Chiko was fighting was sent from the old man to confuse her even more. If I was 20 faces' and I created something that could dramatically affect the world in a bad way, I wouldn't want it being placed in anyone else's hands either. So I don't blame the guy for destroying the research facility.
Sep 8, 2008 2:02 PM

Oct 2007
I think it'd actually be an interesting plot twist if 20 Faces did actually turn out being the bad guy here, but I doubt that that will happen, and as DeathfireD said, I'm guessing the old man is the bad one.

Sep 9, 2008 1:26 PM

Apr 2008
I think there both bad. But twenty faces is worse. I kinda thought Twenty Faces was evil after the return of Ken. But I'm not realy shure.. But there one thing I know for shure. Bones has never disapointed me and It's not gonna start now. I'm shure! :)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Sep 14, 2008 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
yeah, was a decent eps. but why cant live-evil be quicker. The series has already finished but yet there is still 6 more eps to watch :(

edit: oooook, so ive now just checked and now the status has changed. that was odd. its gone from finished airing on the 14th to the 27th instead. oh well. so live-evil isnt as far behind as i thought then

edit 2: some business in the support section regarding the dates was resolved about 30 secs before my original post. not that anyone really cares. yea so um....it was a good episode, itll be interestig to see how the climax plays out
5hreddySep 14, 2008 3:45 PM
Sep 20, 2008 6:22 AM
Oct 2007
I thought that old dude was 20 faces at first...

Heh, who knows
Sep 27, 2008 4:09 AM

Apr 2007
Love Chico's outfit. Oh yeahh~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2014 11:18 PM

Aug 2013
"I want to save you. Please give me everything he has entrusted to you." Haha old man you're so easy to read. He's probably another crazy scientist like the white-haired woman.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 5, 2015 4:32 PM

Oct 2014
I'm really disappointed in this anime it's going downhill looks like I'll rate it a 6.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 19 Discussion

kuroshiroi - Sep 20, 2008

23 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 21, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gioss - May 19, 2008

85 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 20, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 24, 2008

25 by todd2580 »»
Mar 11, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 22 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 17, 2009

36 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 7:02 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 4, 2008

23 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.