Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2011 6:15 AM

May 2010
I'm personally a Yuuichi x Nayuki shipper, although they are cousins, to me that doesn't matter. For anyone that has played the original Kanon VN, that in the Nayuki route of the story, Yuuichi does show more affectionate feelings towards Nayuki than in the anime and the message he recorded on one of her alarm clocks proves that he does love her. Considering Nayuki is a kind and gentle girl, she would be the kind of girl Yuuichi could always confide in, her sense of humor would always put a smile on Yuuichi's face.

So, I would like to hear your views on why or why not you would support Yuuichi and Nayuki as a couple.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 1, 2011 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
Well, it may sound weird, but I've always shared the opinion that if something is marked as forbidden then it is worth trying twice the effort. In case of Kanon we're not talking about something extreme (like in e.g. Koi Kaze) but nevertheless it's a family matter.
I played the vn, watched both anime series and I'm 100% sure Nayuki and Yuichi are the best match. She's a great support for him, gentle and bright, and puts all her heart to club activities in which she acts as the captain. Most of all, Nayuki's a type that doesn't want to hurt anybody, especially someone as dear to her, as Yuichi.
I think that the producers pretty much underestimated her role in anime (mainly 2006 ver.) or tried to implement some part of her story and then do some unreasonable bad end at finish (the horrible farewell kiss in 2002 ver.). Poor Nayuki. :D
Sep 17, 2012 6:24 PM
Aug 2012
I personally liked Nayuki with Yuuichi, so you would imagine how disappointed I was when I saw the end of the anime. :(
Sep 20, 2012 3:24 PM

May 2010
FuyuChan1111 said:
I personally liked Nayuki with Yuuichi, so you would imagine how disappointed I was when I saw the end of the anime. :(

I still to this day wished KyoAni made an alternate Nayuki ending OVA special, kind of like what they did for Tomoyo and Kyou in the Clannad series.
Sep 27, 2012 6:42 PM
Aug 2012
yeah, then the yuuichi and nayuki fans wouldn't be too disappointed :) Even though they're cousins, they're perfect together!
Nov 5, 2014 3:08 AM

Jul 2014
Well they make a cute couple even when they are cousins and yeah i will be ok if i saw her alternate ending but i don't mind kanon's real ending because i'm already yuuichi x ayu shipper so it's ok both ways to say the truth yuuichi matches every girl my favorite choice for him is mai and then ayu after that nayuki and makoto or shiori so every choice is ok
Sep 11, 2022 1:02 AM

Apr 2020
Yuuichi x Nayuki for the win!!!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Anime Adaptation That Best Served Nayuki's Character

kanon-chan - Dec 22, 2015

0 by kanon-chan »»
Dec 22, 2015 12:29 PM

Poll: » Who Is Your Favorite Friend For Nayuki?

kanon-chan - Sep 30, 2011

1 by sonnestark »»
Nov 5, 2014 3:05 AM

» Other Favorite Kanon Characters

kanon-chan - Aug 18, 2011

1 by sonnestark »»
Nov 5, 2014 3:03 AM

» Favorite Heroine(s) From Key's Other Works (AIR, Angel Beats!, Clannad, Little Busters!, Rewrite)

kanon-chan - Sep 17, 2014

1 by sonnestark »»
Nov 5, 2014 2:48 AM

Poll: » Favorite Nayuki Catchphrase

kanon-chan - Aug 16, 2011

5 by sonnestark »»
Nov 4, 2014 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.