Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2007 10:36 PM

Jan 2007
This was an interesting episode. It took me a little while to get used to the animation style. But this show looks promising none the less. looking forward to the next episode,
Jul 4, 2007 10:53 PM

Nov 2006
This show is...weird.
Dunno what to think of it yet, hoping more eps will strengthen it.

Oh well, this is only the first ep after all~

But geez...skinny people are SKINNY...
Jul 4, 2007 11:30 PM

Apr 2007
I actually really liked it. It reminded me of a horror movie with the bright colors except it's not scary. I'll keep watching this.
Jul 5, 2007 12:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I also had to get used to the animation, that bit where they used the stick-people like drawing for one second was something I absolutely didn't like though. But it got better towards the end and I'm looking forward to more. I liked it.

[edit]: I'm grateful that BSS picked it up first but I hope some other group decides to sub this.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2007 1:44 AM

Apr 2007
Loved it! Thanks BSS!

Jul 5, 2007 7:14 AM

Oct 2006
Well I'm definitely not a fan of the art style... but the show seems like it can be entertaining. But nothing "deep" really.
As a side note... I can't believe the girl has the same VA has Clare from Claymore.. o_O the voices sound completely different.

Anyway, looking forward to the next ep.
Jul 5, 2007 1:07 PM
Apr 2006
zombies~

didn't mind the skinnyness...perhaps to much Clamp?^^
bright colors...bishies...action...cool show. yeah :D

Jul 5, 2007 1:48 PM

Dec 2006
After watching nothing by xxxHOLiC for the past few days my eyes are adjusted to weird art.... It's not all that bad to me, but the random stick figures are.... weird.

It seems interesting to me, hopefully I won't have to bring my computer downstairs again to watch it... ^^;;
Jul 5, 2007 2:06 PM
Sep 2006
The animation didn't bug me; however, the attitude of those two guys sure as hell did. Ugh, and that opening felt like my ears would bleed, I swear it. It's on the iffy side right now, but it holds more entertainment then some shows. Hopefully it gets better by the next few episodes. It does hold a bit of promise~
Jul 5, 2007 2:59 PM

Jun 2007
I agree with Kanashimi in that the OP was just <i>painful</i>. Overall, though, I did enjoy the episode. Now let's see what the second one brings us. :]
Jul 5, 2007 3:31 PM

Nov 2004
Op was just lol, animation didn't bother me much, but is it just me or was the sound really odd?

So far it was ok, nothing special
Jul 5, 2007 5:49 PM
Apr 2007
awww...come on you guys! T_T

i loved this episode...i actually like the character designs (skinny? pfft...tachibana's design with his awesome hair and his amazing suit and tie makes him look nothing short of a total badass who dresses well)...michiru's character looks very promising...a girl who lost her parents, is bullied by her "friends," and isn't supported by her current guardians has A LOT of potential to grow...i actually felt sorry for her during this episode...the concept and where this series is heading is very promising as well...a girl helping two dead guys who slay other monsters to repay a debt will surely lead to some epic fights...also, the OP and ED shows a bunch of other cool looking characters so i'm really looking forward to watching the next few episodes...i agree that the OP was horrible though...however, i liked the ED...

and i thought the stick figure renditions were funny...like when michiru kept confusing people with something around their necks for shinigami black rings... xD...
Jul 5, 2007 6:31 PM

Nov 2004
I hate it when some random anime producer decides to make an opening that is just plain painful to listen to. I prefer the overused jpop music compared to this.

The episode was decent. I was bit O_O at the art style at first but I quickly overlooked it (its boring to always have the standard anime style anyway). I'll wait to see how the story develops before commenting.
Jul 5, 2007 6:46 PM

Apr 2007
gave me a mixed feeling, would watch how the story develops before deciding on continuing the show.
Jul 5, 2007 6:59 PM

Apr 2007
Kanashimi said:
Ugh, and that opening felt like my ears would bleed, I swear it.

I actually read this before I started watching. At first I was wondering what you were talking about, it was just a guitar/drum beat instrumental. Then the first 30 seconds of the song finally passed and the blaring began ._. Needless to say I won't be looking forward to the OP single.

As for the episode, I'll just say I have a strong dislike for it thus far. I won't drop the show yet but this first episode had so many things I didn't like from animation to the characters' attitudes. I still think the concept is interesting but so far I'm not liking it. I hope it will get better in the next few episodes.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 5, 2007 7:07 PM

Feb 2007
I already read on a blog that the OP was horrible. I was ready for it. Damn, it's actually just the voice. If there were no vocals...

I also have mixed feelings with the animation. There's heaps of room for Michiru to grow though as a character. As Pillows says, it's promising.
Jul 5, 2007 9:38 PM

Jun 2007
First thing I hated was the music!! Gah I was all like after the OP "maybe the ED will be better". Yeah that's a no. I liked the opening and ending animation just not the songs.

And the style was something differnt. Did take a while to get used to. The character's movements and animation was a little rough. I really like good animated animes but with so many "make um and spit um out" animations i'm getting used to not being so picky.

I want to see a second episode before I make a rash decision to drop or really continue. I think Michiru has a lot of potential as a developing character but her screaming was annoying. Not the screaming itself the voice she made while she was doing it.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jul 6, 2007 2:47 AM

Apr 2007
The op reminds me of Gun Do Musashi.. ... damn thats a horrible op XD.

At first i was kinda iffy at the animation, but that was soon cast aside. The story overall so far is pretty cool, and it has lots of potential. I hated Shito's attitude at the end of the episode, what he said to Michiru >,>...
And i was preparing myself for those stick figures, and yes, that was bad ><
Oh, and i laughed like hell at the grave yard when Shito said "lets kill her", then some drums and stuff come in with a beat and it shows Shito and Chika doing a pose in the wind then trees and so forth XD.
And Michuru having an orgy when her friends took her glasses.

I also find it very convenient that after the OP, during the sponsers, it shows Chika in the background squinting, and what may be blocking an ear with a finger XD
SiingJul 6, 2007 3:05 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2007 3:49 AM

Jun 2007
i liked it most the part in the end when the Girl sow her ring on her neck and Shinigami eyes rule :]i could have been better but still i like it
Jul 6, 2007 9:52 AM

Feb 2007
I liked it so I gave it 4/5
The OP wasn't THAT bad..... I've heard worse (personally I think Death Note had some.. pretty annoying songs as well)...
Those cute guys are so cute, yet their attitude is pretty fucked up. They better grow to be kind.
I think it was a mistake to make the dark haired guy A (I need to learn their names....) to be a bastard like that. It would have been fun to see one kind of bad-attitude guy and one kind guy.. But now they just seem like jerks.
I think next episode they will come closer and that will be the end of that though..

oh and I like the animation because it was randomly good and bad and it was interesting that way.
Jul 6, 2007 10:25 AM

Jul 2007
I really liked this show....I didn't really think I would, but when I checked it out it was a great story. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it ^.^

Jul 9, 2007 11:59 PM

May 2007
...So, I finished the episode and was like la la la -heads off to post on MAL- ^_^ ... ^_^;; Ehhh ... I feel like I'm one of the few people here who liked this? Heh.

Actually, I loved it. After I read all the complaints about the OP I had to go back and listen to it because I honestly didn't even remember what the OP was. So I guess it didn't make that much of an impression on me, but I was sure that it would've made some sort of impression even if it was a bit grating on the nerves. I don't LOVE the OP, but I don't dislike it at all. Maybe I'm weird like that.

Then again, I'm the kind to blare Leathermouth at 3 in the morning, soooo ... Ah, if you don't know who that is (most people won't, I'm assuming), myspace.com/leathermouthlives I think is their current myspace. So, I listen to a lot of that kind of music so that's probably why the OP had no affect on me.

I immediately got attached to Chika ... At first I didn't know why but at the end when Shito said that thing to Michiru ... that sort of pissed me off. And then I was like, well at least I chose to like the one that was an asshole from the very beginning, lol. I really hate the kind of two faced characters like Shito appears to be?

I'm pretty sure that they'll both get nicer as the series goes on, though.
Jul 10, 2007 9:29 AM
Apr 2007
konakona said:
Ehhh ... I feel like I'm one of the few people here who liked this? Heh.

At first I didn't know why but at the end when Shito said that thing to Michiru ... that sort of pissed me off. And then I was like, well at least I chose to like the one that was an asshole from the very beginning, lol. I really hate the kind of two faced characters like Shito appears to be?

I'm pretty sure that they'll both get nicer as the series goes on, though.

haha...good...another person that likes this show so far...i don't hate tachibana for what he said to michiru at the end though...the way i see it is that both akatsuki and tachibana have both lost their lives in a tragedy and are now desperately trying to regain what they lost (their lives since they're "dead") yet, in front of them, there's a girl who is complaining/whining simply because she's facing a little bit of hardship and doesn't even value the life she has...it's understandable why tachibana said the things he did...although i must say that he was probably being a little too harsh...i just have a thing for cold hearted characters though...i also think that they'll end up warming up to michiru and help her develop as the series goes on too...

edit
and yes, my favorite character so far is tachibana... :D
Jul 10, 2007 9:57 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
AnimeYoshi picked this one up, too. :)

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 10, 2007 10:47 AM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:
AnimeYoshi picked this one up, too. :)
as expected =D

Oh and, don't worry Pillows and Konakona, I liked it too! And as I said, the OP wasn't THAT bad!
Jul 10, 2007 5:27 PM

Apr 2007
Watched it this morning and I thought it was pretty good.. and really the two guys had reason for their attitude toward her at least in the end (With the Tachibana guy)
when they've already lost their life and the girl said she doesn't really care about her life, Tachibana just couldn't take it anymore and had to let loose on her (like the_pillows said..) Anyways, I hope that this anime has some nice action scenes in the future as it certainly has the potential for it.

the_pillows said:

and i thought the stick figure renditions were funny...like when michiru kept confusing people with something around their necks for shinigami black rings... xD...

I thought that was hilarious, best part of the episode.
Jul 10, 2007 7:33 PM

Jun 2007
Okay now that i've actually felt like I've seen this episode instead of blindly or rather deafly picking up what japanese I know from it. I really like it. I usually have to watch an anime twice before I determine my like or hate. I still don't love the OP but the ED is growing on me.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jul 12, 2007 3:42 AM

Apr 2007
Kayrhandros said:
As a side note... I can't believe the girl has the same VA has Clare from Claymore.. o_O the voices sound completely different.

The hell?? Nu-uh! O_O

But she was really cute, and I agree with Pillowy on the sympathy.

selective_yellow said:
I think it was a mistake to make the dark haired guy A (I need to learn their names....) to be a bastard like that. It would have been fun to see one kind of bad-attitude guy and one kind guy.. But now they just seem like jerks.

I don't think A-guy is really a jerk, the girl probably just hit a really sensitive spot. I'd be at least a little pissed if I was (semi-)dead and shooting stuff (to become normal again?) and some girl comes along and says she wouldn't fight death. rawr.

On a sidenote, WHERE DID THE FRIGGING CHAIR GO?! :O
Jul 12, 2007 10:19 AM

Mar 2007
like i said in iRC: <3 bishounen, <3 zombies, </3 girl with glasses.
Jul 13, 2007 8:11 PM

Oct 2006
lol, I the OP was horrible when I first listened to it but then for some reason it started growing on me and I didn't mind it anymore...hey I have more problem with Code Geass 2nd opening >_>

Having said that, I thought the first episode pretty much interesting, Shito's attitude did slightly surprise me but sort of expected as well since he seemed like the type that looks gentlemanly but with a temper inside....maybe

Skinny figures don't bother me, after watching Tsubasa and xxxholic, thats seriously nothing
Will wait for me, this series has caught my attention, though I admit a large part of it is due to liking the 3 seiyuus
Jul 17, 2007 3:43 PM

Jun 2007
Hmmm very interesting.

Those two undead guys are really cute though, =D

For some reason, it reminds me of death note a little, but I think it's the shinigami eyes thing. It looks like something I might enjoy though..

-Seigi-
Jul 18, 2007 11:58 AM

May 2007
Potentially interesting story... boring episode. The OP was bad, but Death Note was worse. Waiting for the next episode...
Jul 18, 2007 7:03 PM

Jun 2007
the OP sucks... hate it, I hope they change it
the art, its ok... too skinny, though
I like the story, it looks very interesting =D!
so... 4/5
Jul 20, 2007 4:36 PM

Jun 2007
This anime is so cheesy and I'm only 2:59 in.

"SUMIMASEN SUMIMASEN!!"

and then the guy just looks at her.. "daijobou." "hai."

hahahahahaha

oh and they're Boy A and Boy B? hahaha awesome

"omg she saw us. she totally saw us."

no way. you just talked to her, and walked a few steps into plain view lolol
riraitoJul 20, 2007 4:43 PM
Aug 11, 2007 6:57 AM

Jul 2007
The OP was.... let's just say I skipped it when all the screaming started..

The art was like mixed of bishonen and shoujo style. The guys look hot and Michiru looks like a lost character from another anime. But it wasn't too bad. I particularly didn't like the way they cut the scenes up into sections as an interval. Its disrupting the flow somehow.

As for the storyline, I had to rewatch a couple of scenes before the whole zombie-ring thing sunk in. The characters were quite okay. A little cold-blooded people but makes them more interesting that way.
Jul 1, 2008 7:09 AM

Jun 2008
Looks like it's gonna be a really good show!!!

But I hated how often Michiru or w/e screamed in the beginning... I hate it when Anime girls scream >.<

Sig WILL change soon~
Aug 28, 2008 1:54 PM

Aug 2008
The 1st ep of LZ is super cool. I like B. OMFG ...
It's damn hot and a lil bit crazy
A is a a lil bit more serious. I dislike it at him ...

Wahaha ... And the end was super cool... When michiru saw into the mirror the ring of her neck...

Sep 21, 2008 7:24 AM

Oct 2007
its was good episode i guess they are really skinny but most of clamp characters are like that so im used to it.
about their attitude i agree they were totaly ass holes but i think it will change.^^
Sep 22, 2008 9:00 AM
Jan 2008
Could not get into this at all.

Dreadful animation choices, uninspiring premise, and it bored me to tears.
Dropped it in a heartbeat.
Nov 18, 2008 1:05 AM

Jun 2008
I love the animation :O It seems nice so far
Jan 1, 2009 8:31 AM
Nov 2007
Don't really liked the opening. But a good first episode. Michiru is a funny girl xD.
Oct 24, 2009 7:06 AM

Aug 2009
Interesting episode. I didn't mind the art at all. Infact, I kinda liked it. The shinigami eyes are also very interesting. I wonder who's this Grim Reaper dude, and how did Michiru get the ring?

Looking for more information and action.
MoonfrostOct 24, 2009 7:09 AM
Feb 24, 2010 10:19 AM
Aug 2009
The history seems quite interesting, characters are also good, it can be good, but right now, I don't like it at all. So, 3/5. Maybe it will grow ^^
Feb 28, 2010 10:37 PM
Feb 2010
First episode was decent. I enjoyed the OP and ED, and the music that plays during in the show is something I can really get into. Seems like I'll enjoy it.

I love how people are like "THESE CHARACTERS BETTER CHANGE SO THAT I LIKE THEM." I don't really mind having people to hate. Though I prefer Chika, and Shito over Michiru atm. I'd rather hangout with two guys who don't get caught up on pointless bullshit, than some pushover girl, who screams every five seconds. J/s
Apr 18, 2010 10:20 PM
Jan 2010
hope this gets bettah.

its OK fur now, but I would rather watch something else.
CANCER!
LOL!
Jun 2, 2010 9:09 PM

Sep 2008
Hm, "meh" was kind of my immediate response at the end of the episode. I wasn't particularly drawn in... It did take me a while to get used to the animation and drawing style as well. The story seems quite typical... though any typical story has potential to unfold in a unique way. So I'll just hope that better episodes will come along...

Also... I didn't really like the girl. XD Enough that I don't remember her name. The two guys (A and B... whatever their real names are) seemed a little heartless too. Perhaps I'm being too harsh, though, when it IS just the first episode... [But before I stop being a critic completely, I will add that I didn't like the OP either. ._.'' ]

Well I hate dropping series and maybe this will take a turn for the better in the next episode, since the end of the first episode was quite interesting. Onwards~
Jun 7, 2011 11:59 AM

Feb 2010
selective_yellow said:
(personally I think Death Note had some.. pretty annoying songs as well)...

Yeah, I didn't care for the second Death Note OP, either, but I really did like the first one.
And, to beat a dead horse, this OP was annoying -_- I didn't pay a lot of attention to the ED, so I can't comment.

As for the animation style, I've seen xXxHOLiC, so it didn't bother me at all. I laughed at the random stick figures, though :)
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jul 17, 2011 4:58 AM
Nov 2009
Awesome *_______* Funny, interesting characters, cool story. EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL.
Sep 18, 2011 5:42 PM

Jun 2011
i really like the charcater design as well. I am not sure why people don't like the style but whatevs. xD As for the actual story so far I'm a little curious to see ow everything plays out but sort of just already shrugging it off. I'll go ahead and give ep. 2 a go right now though. Hopefully it's better. c: However I think this show's semi-predictable so unless something really radical happens it'll probably recieve a lame score fromn me.
Dec 31, 2011 12:13 AM

Sep 2011
Great episode, can't say the same thing about the Opening though... lol...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombie-Loan Episode 6 Discussion

cyruz - Aug 10, 2007

41 by YamiTuTu »»
Apr 7, 2:12 PM

» Favorite Characters...?

melancholy - Jul 28, 2007

41 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 2, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Zombie-Loan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 16, 2007

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Apr 7, 2023 10:03 AM

Poll: » Zombie-Loan Episode 4 Discussion

Faust721 - Jul 28, 2007

29 by CondemneDio »»
Aug 8, 2016 11:46 AM

Poll: » Zombie-Loan Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 6, 2007

42 by AllenVonStein »»
May 12, 2015 5:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.